2 hours ago, haleks said:

Holy smoke it looks cool. Anyone tried it on Altis? I wonder how performances are seen as there is no caching.

Tried it this morning..no degradation on my end(6300 simple objects spawned).And able to spawn loot items as well..which I was looking for anyway.I have Ambient AI dialed up to 15 with no zeds.

• Like 7

Had no time today to do any game stuff, getting stuff done for my new car ;)

But ya i'll check it out.

Wanted to let you guys know that i am still keeping a tight shift on the Ravage channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjXp9bLRLx8g-7BHGCD9xgA

The problem in the past month or so theres been very little of anyone uploading anything for ravage to utube, i mean 1-2 vids here and there like once a week if that,

so because of that, at least i think is channel has lost a couple of subs.

But i just want to let you guys know that if you have any videos of ravage  let me know and i'll add them, i still do a weekly search to add to the channel,

as well as go through the playlists in case any vids were deleted or made private, so i still support ya Halek's :)

Lastly my Ravage introduction video is seriously getting views, its closing in on 7,000 views! After a yrs time.

that video took me 12hrs to create, some of my best work!

its getting more views then all the other vids on my own channel!

Check it out:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Gunther, u are right; I have tons of raw, unedited gameplay recordings sitting here.  Also I have a rather unique mission concept realized up tho the point that I have already successfully tested it alone on the dedi server.  Maybe should just slap 2 flies with the same flyswatter as we say in German and present some vids of that testing without any fancy editing (let's call this new series "Life after the Apocalypse - The helmet cam chronicles")  to attract more subs and hopefully find a MP tester or 2 who try how it plays with more than one human player & give feedback on the mission.

Off I go; have to start some uploads!

• Like 5

Here we go!!! 

These vids focus on the combat; low-tech WW2 guns, body armor really rare, ammo is very scarce & make every shot COUNT!  See the "Big Three" amongst the scripts at work: AIS/A3Wounding, HEROS Survive and INCON Incognito. More vids to come in the mission's release I'm going to open up this weekend!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tourist said:

in the mission's release

Nice stuff , keep up the Good work tourist , we will be waiting to see more !

I have a question about Headless Client (HC).  I am looking at using Ravage for two purposes, one is for custom PvPvE missions and another is for Exile.  I would like to know if the Zeds move across to a HC like the roaming AI do?  I am using Werthles Headless Module which works a treat for the roaming AI, but I can not see the zeds being transferred.

24 minutes ago, tourist said:

hope you all have fun with it!

Tourist Well done !

I was waiting this for a long time now !

Thanks for Everything and Congratulations for the release , i'll be waiting to see more !

• Like 1

this is awesome... hence I wanted to share=)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1470493486

wild horses, horses with inventory (packs), unicorns =D

Will come up with a dynamic spawner asap!

Also: aliens / aka monsters https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1450865805

Still hoping for that armsstalker mutants stand alone port=)

• Like 3

On 20/09/2018 at 11:43 PM, tourist said:

Maybe should just slap 2 flies with the same flyswatter as we say in German and present some vids of that testing without any fancy editing

I make some short 'promotional videos', edited gameplay videos and long (almost) unedited gameplay videos. I get the most views for the first two, but the people who watch the long videos really like them. It seems there's a group of people out there who really like having long gameplay videos to watch in the background or just relax in front of.

It's a lot easier to do the unedited videos as I just do them on the headset as I play. The edited ones I add the commentary track afterwards using proper microphones. No one seems to mind the difference. So I would encourage you to just get them up there!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

The Max Alien mod was finished at the behest of Phantom who has just released an Alien mission where you can see it in action. Although this one doesn't use Ravage, Phantom has used it extensively in the past, so he's one to watch. It'd be rather interesting to see a Ravage mission set on earth after an alien infestation (as see in some of the comics).
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1517530157

• Like 4

I am a little curious, can anyone find a way to make this mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1153383362) work with Ravage? I think it would add an interesting twist to gunfights, and would require you to start being more careful/accurate with your shots..besides, the Arma 3 damage style is a little archaic, Armor just merely adds an HP buff.

It would also make holding onto that SUPER rare sniper with AP rounds a good idea, instead of dumping it for an AK with 2 mags over your 12.7mm Sniper with 1 mag (haven't actually found a 12.7 sniper yet..and if I did, I would start popping the vehicle patrols with it!)

I am just curious as to if someone can make this thing work, I tend to be more of a realist when it comes to my firefights, the vanilla settings got boring a long time ago :sad_o:

*EDIT*: It would also add a unique experience, and maybe incite some videos to be made, as it is something new, and challenging

*EDIT V.2*: Also, for those who would be concerned about the vest plates flooding the spawns, I suggest only being able to find the lower tiers (capable of stopping handgun, and lower calibers) in Civilian spawn areas (hospital, or some sort of police station, if there is one)

and for the higher tier plates, they can be found in military areas..and maybe the super advanced areas (like the research buildings at the domes) you could find the highest tier plates..just a thought, just something to break the monotony of Arma's damage system..

Edited by BattleChief
Ideas...just ideas, that's all I can say, and some more ideas..I really dunno anymore
  • Like 1

@BattleChief: long time ago when AAPM didn't require ACE, I made a quick test of loading it with it's "AutoEquip.pbo" active in an existing RAVAGE mission.  Back then, it worked in the way that all those and only those Bandits or Survivors who had a Military Plate Carrier would automatically receive a plate of around LVL III or LVL IV  armor inserts.  Also one kind of the Military Equipment Boxes (forgot which) would automatically receive an assortment of plates and trauma pads, no matter if the box was editor placed or spawned later, as long as it had the BIS classname. 

So if one would accept the hassle and build a mission around ACE, then AAPM wouldn't pose much of an additional problem to implement within a RAVAGE scenario I guess.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, kodabar said:

The Max Alien mod was finished at the behest of Phantom who has just released an Alien mission where you can see it in action. Although this one doesn't use Ravage, Phantom has used it extensively in the past, so he's one to watch. It'd be rather interesting to see a Ravage mission set on earth after an alien infestation (as see in some of the comics).
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1517530157

yep, i noticed the alien mission too and wanted to check if there are actual alien units, as "monsters" mods are still rare in arma.

i was pretty excited to find out about that guys (maxjoiner) work - there are some vids on his youtube channel testing his playable predator unit..

one can only hope that he starts getting into the zombie/Apocalypse genre (well, he actually already published a zombie unit mod).. imagine crazed zombie bears... mutants... he sure seems to have the skills to create this.

i think the aliens are a little bit too iconic to pass as "monsters" for a zombie Apocalypse ravage mission. then again, having them appear near you.. in the fog.. at night...  gives me the shivers;)

@tourist: Hm, I would love to do one around ACE, I have zero problems with that...its just that I quite frankly don't know how to add the medical supplies in (as I would love to use the medical system, whether it be simple or advanced, I wouldn't mind) I don't have any knowledge on how to add the medical supplies..

ACE would also fix the lack of an ability to pack new magazines, and it would allow multiple other features

*EDIT*: I have tried to add ACE before, and usually, it worked...just without a lot of medical supplies..and to remedy that, I ended up creating areas that had a medical box...but by doing that, it forced the player to visit one of those areas to get medical supplies...and no one really found the areas at all!

Hey BattleChief,

you could use one of GF's handy scripts to overcome the problem of missing ACE medical items. The GF Drop Loot script allows you to add loot drops of all kind to AI units like Zombies or Bandits ON TOP of what they already get by the RAVAGE lootlist. Imagine them supplies "falling" out of their hands when they die...:tounge_o:

• Thanks 2

@tourist

Oh snap, it leaves all their ravage gear on em when they die? from the description, it sounds like it overwrites everything they drop..Thanks tourist, I will see what I can do with it now...

*EDIT*: I could also use a bare bones tutorial on how to use the script...all the wording is very confusing, and nothing seems to make any sense..

*EDIT V.2*: I am getting somewhere...I can understand a few things, but what I need to input is beyond me..Is it possible to just drop the WHOLE script in? Cause the init.sqf simply refers to credits.sqf file and the drop_loot.sqf file.

Where is George when you need him to explain lol...cause I am merely trying to add the bandages, tourniquets, and morphine to the list, all the minor medical items, as you can only do so much for yourself.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BattleChief said:

@tourist: Hm, I would love to do one around ACE, I have zero problems with that...its just that I quite frankly don't know how to add the medical supplies in (as I would love to use the medical system, whether it be simple or advanced, I wouldn't mind) I don't have any knowledge on how to add the medical supplies..

ACE would also fix the lack of an ability to pack new magazines, and it would allow multiple other features

*EDIT*: I have tried to add ACE before, and usually, it worked...just without a lot of medical supplies..and to remedy that, I ended up creating areas that had a medical box...but by doing that, it forced the player to visit one of those areas to get medical supplies...and no one really found the areas at all!

One method I used to include ACE Items/Gear was by using the HG Shop Script this script allows you to add items, attachments, Weapons or whatever you want to be for sale using a crate or a NPC as a trader the script comes with a paycheck system each paycheck amount is determined by player rank and can be adjusted along with the time it takes to earn a paycheck.  The prices for all on-sale items can be changed in script aswell what I like most about this script is that the trader actually has a menu to page through with pictures and a description of each item for sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tourist said:

add loot drops

1 hour ago, BattleChief said:

it leaves all their ravage gear on em when they die?

This script can remove every item of the inventory or loadout  , uniform,vest and backpack and add the selected or random items inside the inventory or /and drop loot  selected or random.

There are a lot of options according the player preferences.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

using the HG Shop Script

Hello to all Ravagers !

It might fit with this new script:

Just now, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello to Everyone !

A new script has added , in the Compilation GF Scripts topic !

ilDx5EIkTQOqiJtTaTrUYg.png

1 hour ago, foxhound said:

An Armaholic mirror is now available:

news_download_a3_3.png
GF Ravage Heros Money Reward Script v1.00

Thanks !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gill93 said:

One method I used to include ACE Items/Gear was by using the HG Shop Script this script allows you to add items, attachments, Weapons or whatever you want to be for sale using a crate or a NPC as a trader the script comes with a paycheck system each paycheck amount is determined by player rank and can be adjusted along with the time it takes to earn a paycheck.  The prices for all on-sale items can be changed in script aswell what I like most about this script is that the trader actually has a menu to page through with pictures and a description of each item for sale.

This does seem like a good idea, but I think you should have to earn your medical gear by killing zombies, or AI

I quite frankly don't understand scripting, as I am more of a hands on person (but somehow I can understand animations, and its scripting jargon, only slightly though) but if I had more things that were just copy and paste with a few key bits (like item classnames) that needed to be input, I could get down to making missions more quickly...seems like I am trying to take the easy route out, but its simply because I cannot work a complicated script to save my life, and that is the only method I have of using big scripts.

*EDIT*: Now with what George just put above, it could work, as you would technically still be earning it by killing Ai and Zombies...that would actually work, as I would like to force the player to do something rather than sit around

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

This script can remove every item of the inventory or loadout  , uniform,vest and backpack and add the selected or random items inside the inventory or /and drop loot  selected or random.

There are a lot of options according the player preferences.

I can see that, busy looking at it through notepad++

I am having a problem working with the script, I am merely trying to add in the ACE medical items, I want them to be dropped in a random order (so I am gonna try the random loot section) but I don't want anything more than the first aid kits (since they break into ACE medical items), and the gear the RAVAGE system spawns them with..

1 minute ago, BattleChief said:

This does seem like a good idea, but I think you should have to earn your medical gear by killing zombies, or AI

I quite frankly don't understand scripting, as I am more of a hands on person (but somehow I can understand animations, and its scripting jargon, only slightly though) but if I had more things that were just copy and paste with a few key bits (like item classnames) that needed to be input, I could get down to making missions more quickly...seems like I am trying to take the easy route out, but its simply because I cannot work a complicated script to save my life, and that is the only method I have of using big scripts.

The Gf lootdrop script is awesome the only problem I had with it was from others complaining about not having to loot because they just needed to grab stuff off of dead zombies but aslong as you limit the items they drop you should be good.

• Like 1