4 hours ago, dlegion said:

Ah ok...seeing no direct answers i supposed noone readed it !

I am sure it will have been read, just be patient with waiting for a response. After all addon making is a hobby.

• Like 1

Hola,

Below you can find the announced thread for the Weapon Attachment Trader Script based on Ravage.

Its plug and play but can also be customized to some degree;)

Enjoy

Vandeanson

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I do apologize if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find what I was looking searching the thread.

I have made a MP mission, and enabled MP Persistence and I'm having a bit of an issue with it. Now it works perfectly, all of the loot is saved on the player but,

it only saves after the player respawns. I have a semi-custom spawn system, but in it's core it is using BASE respawn with empty system markers, and then I build up upon it.

It works like a charm, and as soon as the player dies/respawns, it makes a save for him, but until then after a player joins, until he dies/respawns for the first time there is no save.

I really would not like to force a respawn on start, as people would have to wait the respawn delay...

So my question is: Is there a way of manually calling the Ravage MP Persistence saving?

Hello guys (and girls... I guess :icon_biggrin: ) and first of all, I want to say great work and kudos to Haleks for making this really above and beyond mod and making me play it more than what Arma was actually made for, :icon_biggrin: Bohemia Interactive themselves for the awesome game and lots of other people who contributed to this mod. :icon_biggrin: I had to create an acc to come here and say you guys have my thanks.

I've been playing Arma series and Ravage god knows how long. 

Anyway, there is something I wanted to ask, and I apologize if it's already been asked, but it's been bothering me for a while but it's nothing too game breaking - When I loot buildings, a fire station for an example, all fire stations on the map (Chernarus) are emptied. I loot one, go to the next one and when I loot, it opens the inventory menu but nothing is displayed where the loot should be. This goes for any kind of building. Of course, after 24h the loot respawns and everything is ready to go again. 

Has anyone ever experienced this? 

Cheers to all of you awesome people. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 3

Yeah ive also experienced this too. Only seems to happen to buildings which are not from the Arma 3 game and expansions.

• Like 1

@RZNUNKWN Yeah it's just a bug I think, I get it a lot too. It doesn't mean nothing's spawning I don't think, just that you didn't find anything but it opens the inventory anyway. If you keep trying eventually you'll find something

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 1

Well, it's no big deal, although I haven't played Ravage on any Arma 3 map in a while so I don't really remember if that bug occurs there too. Thinking about Malden 2035. 

Also, what I've experienced recently; clean up script cleans the killed bandits & zombies right in front of me. Could be the reason because I have too many AI units on the map? I'm running crash script with a several recon squads (5 or 6 AIs) and also bandit camp spawner with the same amount of AIs. My zombie population is 30 I think. Not 5 minutes ago I was in a firefight with a few bandits and they disappeared before I could get to them, and they weren't far at all.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

clean up script

Hello there RZNUNKWN !

If you like you can try also :

Thanks !

• Like 1

@GEORGE FLOROS GR - Hi George, I am using your crashsites script and thank you for that.

I will give this a try, I will disable the original in-game Ravage clean up option and try this.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Also, what I've experienced recently; clean up script cleans the killed bandits & zombies right in front of me. Could be the reason because I have too many AI units on the map? I'm running crash script with a several recon squads (5 or 6 AIs) and also bandit camp spawner with the same amount of AIs. My zombie population is 30 I think. Not 5 minutes ago I was in a firefight with a few bandits and they disappeared before I could get to them, and they weren't far at all.

53 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

I will give this a try, I will disable the original in-game Ravage clean up option and try this.

Regarding disappearing AI, I'm not so sure the Ravage cleanup script is responsible for this behaviour, never experienced this myself.

Maybe there's a conflict with another script your running, I'm no scripter but if your using this bandit camp spawner, it has a few lines at the end of the script that deals with deleting dead AI, and objects spawned by the Ravage Loot module.....possible conflict there?

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, EO said:

Regarding disappearing AI, I'm not so sure the Ravage cleanup script is responsible for this behaviour, never experienced this myself.

Maybe there's a conflict with another script your running, I'm no scripter but if your using this bandit camp spawner, it has a few lines at the end of the script that deals with deleting dead AI, and objects spawned by the Ravage Loot module.....possible conflict there?

Uhhhhhh... yeahh.... that script. :icon_biggrin: I'm going to remove it and see what happens. Also, I'm using a time cycle script from the Esseker mission, which speeds the night 14 times. Maybe that messes up things too. Thank you for the info, I'm no scripter myself either, I would never look into the bandit script.

@GEORGE FLOROS GR - I've tried your script mate, fiddled around a bit, it's really good, but it puts my FPS down to 15, now, this might be the problem on my side, since I'm running Arma on a laptop, but it's fairly playable. But your crash script is a god sent. :icon_biggrin:

I'm going to try these things EO suggested and see what happens.

• Like 1

hi @RZNUNKWNlet me know if removing the dynamic bandit camp spawner solves your issue, then i need to rethink how i delete units. however, i am refering to very specific local references only when deleting them e.g. each unit of the "bandits" squad, so this deletion code should not affect any other units.

I would also check your original arma corpse clean up settings, maybe if you increase it by 14 times same as your day night cycle is increased, that could solve the issue?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

maybe if you increase it by 14 times same as your day night cycle is increased, that could solve the issue?

Hi @Vandeanson, I'm not sure if I understood you correctly here, to increase the original Arma corpse clean settings 14 times? 

I thought of changing those settings but as EO suggested I removed the bandit script so original Arma corpse clean up settings remained untouched. I didn't have time to test the scenario without bandit camps out yet as RHS is giving me lots of headaches right now, hopefully gonna test it tonight.

I'm kinda mid-through the test, but it seems to be working, I am not 100% sure as it's still day 1 in game. But I:

- mowed down like 20 zombies,
- a car with three bandits drove through the Stary Sobor (where I actually saw dead zombies and npcs despawn right in front of me, so I was there again) or at least they tried to, killed them too,
- two npc bandit squads (3 each) shooting each other right outside the village, I finished who remained 
- blew another 15 zombies with a satchel charge and
- killed at least 10 more zombies that were skulking around. 

Then after two in-game hours, I fired up Zeus to see what's happening, and everyone was still there, dead and in pieces. :icon_biggrin:

Screenshot from map view from Zeus: https://imgur.com/a/W8FA7Zc

I will be hanging around Stary Sobor more and keep testing to see if the dead will disappear if I'm nearby.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

I'm kinda mid-through the test, but it seems to be working, I am not 100% sure as it's still day 1 in game. But I:

- mowed down like 20 zombies,
- a car with three bandits drove through the Stary Sobor (where I actually saw dead zombies and npcs despawn right in front of me, so I was there again) or at least they tried to, killed them too,
- two npc bandit squads (3 each) shooting each other right outside the village, I finished who remained 
- blew another 15 zombies with a satchel charge and
- killed at least 10 more zombies that were skulking around. 

Then after two in-game hours, I fired up Zeus to see what's happening, and everyone was still there, dead and in pieces. :icon_biggrin:

Screenshot from map view from Zeus: https://imgur.com/a/W8FA7Zc

I will be hanging around Stary Sobor more and keep testing to see if the dead will disappear if I'm nearby.

So removing the Bandit camp spawner solved the issue? I ll have to rethink my clean up code then =D

Or did you also remove that other mod that speeds up time?

EDIT

I think its this line at the very end. Will look into it, thanks EO and RZ;)

{ deleteVehicle _x; } forEach allDead;

Edited by Vandeanson
Sudden realization!

8 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

So removing the Bandit camp spawner solved the issue? I ll have to rethink my clean up code then =D

Or did you also remove that other mod that speeds up time?

EDIT

I think its this line at the very end. Will look into it, thanks EO and RZ;)

{ deleteVehicle _x; } forEach allDead;

Well, no sudden despawns in front of me after I've deleted the bandit camp spawner.

I was hanging around all those corpses for a few in-game hours, then slept for 9 hours and moved to Novy Sobor because I wanted to check the original Ravage clean up scrip (as I understood from looking at it, it cleans bodies/items if you're 750+ meters away from them, but I could be totally wrong since I'm no scripter :D but I was 900m away from Stary Sobor) and it worked, everything was clean, except the bandit car I wrecked. :icon_biggrin: So far, everything works well! Except me getting snipped by renegades.

Had an interesting encounter at Novy Sobor: https://imgur.com/a/02i8kXZ [rigor mid-air mortis?] :smileee:
ps: I'm not much of a forum guy, I don't know how to place images directly into the reply post, so I'm using imgur.

• Like 4

Okay, I'm becoming a real spammer now, but it's just I've been playing Ravage for so long and I have so many questions unanswered (not that I haven't searched the forum before)...

What governs the spawn of bandits/vehicles? I am in a settlement, I cleared out some zombies and had a fight with a group of bandits. After the fight, I was just loitering around, waiting, looting, for a long time, but no new bandit groups appear to patrol/cross the settlement. I know they will spawn if I move to another new location.

Is there a way to increase or change this? To be more frequent? Because right now, no bandit groups are spawning after the initial one or two (one OPFOR and one INDEP group) groups at the current location where I am. I know the multiple factor will just increase the first initial spawn of these groups, renegades and vehicles, but after that, nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:
Also, has anyone ever experienced their recruited survivors acting strangely when you place them in a driver seat they just start driving somewhere without your command?

Has anyone used vcom ai with asr ai? Do they conflict at all?

23 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Okay, I'm becoming a real spammer now, but it's just I've been playing Ravage for so long and I have so many questions unanswered (not that I haven't searched the forum before)...

What governs the spawn of bandits/vehicles? I am in a settlement, I cleared out some zombies and had a fight with a group of bandits. After the fight, I was just loitering around, waiting, looting, for a long time, but no new bandit groups appear to patrol/cross the settlement. I know they will spawn if I move to another new location.

Is there a way to increase or change this? To be more frequent? Because right now, no bandit groups are spawning after the initial one or two (one OPFOR and one INDEP group) groups at the current location where I am. I know the multiple factor will just increase the first initial spawn of these groups, renegades and vehicles, but after that, nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:
Also, has anyone ever experienced their recruited survivors acting strangely when you place them in a driver seat they just start driving somewhere without your command?

I dont know how ravage works in that respect (bandit spawn when not moving) but i noticed the "issue" as well a while ago. a ravage-internal solution would surely be best, but alternatively i could offer writing a script that will spawn bandits in case that you stay within a certain radius for too long. technically that would work like this: get current location of the player, wait 10-15 mins, if you are still within e.g. 100 metres of that location, bandits will spawn nearby and patrol the area or even hunt you down.

Note: FPS friendlyness to be tested;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

I dont know how ravage works in that respect (bandit spawn when not moving) but i noticed the "issue" as well a while ago. a ravage-internal solution would surely be best, but alternatively i could offer writing a script that will spawn bandits in case that you stay within a certain radius for too long. technically that would work like this: get current location of the player, wait 10-15 mins, if you are still within e.g. 100 metres of that location, bandits will spawn nearby and patrol the area or even hunt you down.

Note: FPS friendlyness to be tested;)

That sounds really good, because sometimes I just wander around and loot stuff or shoot zombies, and no enemy bandits in sight and I would like to get into a firefight again without moving to another location.

But I have a question right at the start, what IF I move out of the location and the bandits (or perhaps just renegades) that were spawned are still present in the area, i.e. we never saw each other, no firefight. How do you remove them without removing everything else like in the bandit camp spawn script :smileee::smileee::smileee: or perhaps Ravage will remove them itself?

I'm thinking about adding some more objects as lootable industrial objects, like the pale blue trailer, large/medium/small ship containers and gas tanks. Because I'm driving a T-90 through the apocalypse and I desperately need some toolkits to repair it :smileee:

28 minutes ago, RZNUNKWN said:

But I have a question right at the start, what IF I move out of the location and the bandits (or perhaps just renegades) that were spawned are still present in the area, i.e. we never saw each other, no firefight. How do you remove them without removing everything else like in the bandit camp spawn script :smileee::smileee::smileee: or perhaps Ravage will remove them itself

you need to assign local variables to the bandits group, so you can refer to these units specifically when deleting them. with that you just make the script wait until the player is far away from the AI (maybe 400-600m) and then delete those units to save fps.

my mistake with the bandit camp spawner was that included code that would delete ALL dead AI without understanding what that line of code would do XD.. speaking of, i have just redone the bandit camp spawner from scratch (incl. new deletion system;)) and, after some more polishing and testing, will release it. no more markers are needed:)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

you need to assign local variables to the bandits group, so you can refer to these units specifically when deleting them. with that you just make the script wait until the player is far away from the AI (maybe 400-600m) and then delete those units to save fps.

my mistake with the bandit camp spawner was that included code that would delete ALL dead AI without understanding what that line of code would do XD.. speaking of, i have just redone the bandit camp spawner from scratch (incl. new deletion system;)) and, after some more polishing and testing, will release it. no more markers are needed:)

Well, if you make that patrol script, let us know. I wanna try it! Sometimes you just have to spend more time in larger towns and loot, and nothing really happens, that patrol script will be handy really.

Same goes for the new bandit camp! Will it have CUP loot? I am currently playing with CUP content as it has more variety of weapons, RHS is nice in details, but CUP has more stuff.

2 hours ago, RZNUNKWN said:

Well, if you make that patrol script, let us know. I wanna try it! Sometimes you just have to spend more time in larger towns and loot, and nothing really happens, that patrol script will be handy really.

Same goes for the new bandit camp! Will it have CUP loot? I am currently playing with CUP content as it has more variety of weapons, RHS is nice in details, but CUP has more stuff.

yeah, i am working on a version based on Cup objects and weapons. there is a file containing all arrays separate from the BC spawn script with all the objects that are used in the script that can be easily updated (e.g. add your own weapons, items, backpacks....). magazines and weapon attachments do not need to be updated. they are spawned based on the weapons array. I might provide templates for nia, rhs, vanilla and of course cup for an easy switch:)

2 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

magazines

Speaking of magazines, I'm searching for a way to make for an example AK-74 from RHS to use CUP AK-74 ammo and/or vice versa.

As far as I understood, I need to find the magazine class from CUP (which I found on the internet) and put it into the RHS Ak-74 weapon config or something like that. I know because I was de-pboing T-72 and was looking what it contains, weapons, speed, rotation turret etc etc.

Right?