GF Drop Loot Script

6 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Updating the script :

Changelog:

v2.0
Code optimization,
added configurable items inside uniforms,
added setting options and small additions inside the script,
changed the name of all the scripts , starting now with GF .

available Soon in Armaholic !

Thanks !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone!

Some quick news about the next update : the Zombies module has 2 new parameters \o/.

The first one is the percentage of "active" zombies : it defines how many zombies will wander around when idle. Pretty usefull if you want your zombies to guard loot spawn sources.

The other option allows mission makers to enable the "horde" behaviour : "active" zombies spawned by the module will tend to hoard together when there is no target around. This does not necessarily make the game more difficult, but it can set a new pace and create new, and hopefully fun, situations with high zombie population settings.

The next version won't require any update from mission makers, older missions will be compatible and default settings will apply. I've also identified and fixed an issue preventing very old missions from working with most recent versions of ravage : if there is a no-longer-maintained mission out there you like, it could be worth giving it another try with the next ravage update.

Here's the current changelog :

Tweaked :
lowered rifle running anim reverted to vanilla state
(more practical when running with a lamp on).
Minor optimization to Zed LoS process.
Disabled Hit Screams for zombies.
Added "greasegun" to IFA3 gear lists.

Fixed :
Bandits no longer looting buildings since the previous update.
WeatherChanges are now forced when the player sleeps (SP).
Most weapon switching animations have been fixed.
Fixed init variables errors with the ambient zeds module.
The Settings module was causing a crash on briefing screen in SP.

New :
AI infinite ammo can be disabled with the "limitedAmmo" variable.
New module parameter to control zombie agents wandering behaviour when idle.
New module parameter to force zombie agents to form hordes over time.

Technically, the build is ready for a release, but I'm investigating another potential feature... AutoWalk! Arma, with its realistic scale, can be tedious when you have to walk long, uneventfull minutes to your next destination - and as someone not-that-young who is all day-long hands on the keyboard (I do type for a living), it can be a physical, painfull feeling. It's very much WIP so I won't tell much right now, but I reckon it's going to be a nice feature for us wanderers. ;)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Do you have a discord channel

Also I have a problem where cars are multi spawning and blowing each other up and flying into the air. Any ideas on what would cause this.

On ‎21‎.‎05‎.‎2018 at 9:46 AM, ataribaby said:

Hi haleks,

I have request if possible to do it please.

Is it possible to ass Init EH, Killed EH, FiredNear EH, Hit EF for Ambient AI module? Same as Ambient Zombies module has. At least Init EH will be extermly useful.

Hi Haleks is this possible please?

2 hours ago, ataribaby said:

Hi Haleks is this possible please?

It is possible, but I'm not sure it's really worth it : Ravage uses multiple factions for the ambient AI, so I have to either make EHs that apply to all these factions at once - and I'm not sure how usefull that would be compared to

["CAManBase", "init", {_this call myCustomEH}, true, [], true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;

...or I could make different EH entries for each factions, but that would clutter the module options...

So yeah, I'm not decided yet... How would you guys use those EH?

15 hours ago, haleks said:

Technically, the build is ready for a release, but I'm investigating another potential feature... AutoWalk! Arma, with its realistic scale, can be tedious when you have to walk long, uneventfull minutes to your next destination - and as someone not-that-young who is all day-long hands on the keyboard (I do type for a living), it can be a physical, painfull feeling. It's very much WIP so I won't tell much right now, but I reckon it's going to be a nice feature for us wanderers. ;)

The auto-walk concept sounds like a nice idea, would be perfect for the long walks in Ravage :thumbsup:

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

The auto-walk concept sounds like a nice idea, would be perfect for the long walks in Ravage :thumbsup:

I took a couple hours today to refine the script, here's where I'm at :

The script will only trigger if the player doesn't have any weapon in his hands, equipping a weapon will cancel the autoWalk process. The script is triggered when releasing the "move forward" key : that means you have total control on your avatar as long as you keep pressing that key.

Once the key is released, the player's avatar will keep walking forward, you can use free-look while auto-walking and change direction. Right now the player is locked on the walking animation and cannot change stance or pace - that's something I want to improve before the release.

Simply pressing the "move forward" key again cancels autoWalk and total control is returned to the player after a very brief anim transition (another thing I want to improve).

Keep in mind : this is a scripted feature and won't replace an actual key press emulation system - that is currently not possible with the tools available to modders so far.

Lemme know what you guys think!

• Like 6

Re: AutoWalk....whats implemented so far sounds great, and I'd imagine if the player can still use free-look it should also (hopefully) complement TrackIR usage.

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Right now the player is locked on the walking animation and cannot change stance or pace - that's something I want to improve before the release.

Does this mean the player can only autowalk while in the walking animation, or can the player autowalk based on his current selected stance? (i.e. crouched) 

:hammer:

On a personal note an autowalk feature for Ravage is most welcome. (arthritis is a bitch)

• Like 3

+1 to the autowalk; I wouldn't mind hiking "all day" in gametime if it weren't for the necessity to continuously press "W".  But take your time with this one, haleks.  If there's someone who can turn RAVAGE into a full FALLOUT competitor, it's you - and I look forward to new stuff for testing as always! :hyper:

• Like 3

I know, Ravage is slowly turning into a really in-depth survival to rival other actual survival games. The main thing for me is being able to use it to make missions, and customise it how I want, even not have any zombies and only AI in a mission if that's what I want. Very few games would let the player do that, and I guess that's one of the wonders of being able to mod games, also one of the wonders of Bohemia who've made the mission editor and modding tools in the first place!

On the topic of autowalk, I totally support it! I usually run everywhere, but I sometimes take the time to stroll around and look at stuff, so being able to do that without holding down the W key would be great.

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, haleks said:

It is possible, but I'm not sure it's really worth it : Ravage uses multiple factions for the ambient AI, so I have to either make EHs that apply to all these factions at once - and I'm not sure how usefull that would be compared to

["CAManBase", "init", {_this call myCustomEH}, true, [], true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;

...or I could make different EH entries for each factions, but that would clutter the module options...

So yeah, I'm not decided yet... How would you guys use those EH?

Basically I want some control over spawned AI units. Same I made in my Siege Of Athira mission. Runs some AI agent, change loadout and so on. 

If I can just fill script into module settings it will be pretty neat. 

I am not familiar with CBA at all. That code you posted do that trick?

This is a really nice MOD thank you so much for your time in making this. 

I would really appreciate it if you could implement base building like Epoch has.  I know this would be a time consuming operation. 

7 hours ago, ataribaby said:

Basically I want some control over spawned AI units. Same I made in my Siege Of Athira mission. Runs some AI agent, change loadout and so on. 

If I can just fill script into module settings it will be pretty neat. 

I am not familiar with CBA at all. That code you posted do that trick?

This one should do the trick :

myCustomEH = {
	_unit = _this # 0;
	sleep 1;
	if (_unit in rvg_garbage_collector) then {
		//_unit was spawned by Ravage
	};
};
["CAManBase", "init", {_this spawn myCustomEH}, true, [], true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;

I strongly encourage mission makers to study their github, CBA has plenty of tools that are extremely usefull. ;)

• Like 2

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Ghosts of Altis

40CF2A9066D4D3C567C1DB0E4013DCC0E5A93F48

32A46F11C9816F6C7C8B4B957EDAA169D95F08D9

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EO said:

Ghosts of Altis

Hello there EO !

Great video and images as always !

Is this a script ( about the ghost ) or is it included in the update?

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Is this a script ( about the ghost ) or is it included in the update?

....the "Ghosts" could well feature in a future Tales from Nowhere, of course that's haleks decision, I was just lucky enough to be given the chance to test out his latest WIP concept. :f:

• Like 3

Hi, quick question here..I'm 99.9% done with my MP scenario but I just have one question. Is there any way to disable manual saving BUT allow the "save & exit" option?

• Like 1

Hello Ravagers!

The 159 update has just been released!

Here's the complete changelog :

Tweaked :
lowered rifle running anim reverted to vanilla state (more practical when running with a lamp on).
Minor optimization to Zed LoS process.
Disabled Hit Screams for zombies.
Added "greasegun" to IFA3 gear lists.

Fixed :
Bandits no longer looting buildings since the previous update.
WeatherChanges are now forced when the player sleeps (SP).
Most weapon switching animations have been fixed.
Fixed init variables errors with the ambient zeds module.
The Settings module was causing a crash on briefing screen in SP.

New :
AI infinite ammo can be disabled on any unit with the "limitedAmmo" variable (this setvariable ["limitedAmmo",true,true]).
New module parameter to control zombie agents wandering behaviour when idle.
New module parameter to force zombie agents to form hordes over time.
New AutoWalk feature (uses CBA key Binding).

As you can see, a couple additions in there, including an experimental one : autoWalk. Unlike any other Ravage feature, it doesn't require a module and is available to everyone at any time.

More informations about autoWalk :

AutoWalk uses CBA key binding and will be disabled unless you assign a key to it. To do that, simply go to « Options > controls > Addon Configuration > Ravage » and assign a key to the « Toggle autoWalk » action. It can be any key, including the one assigned to the « move forward » action, but don't assign more than one. You may need to restart your current mission or reload your latest save if you are changing the key bind ingame.

Some things to know about autoWalk :

• It is a client side only feature, and doesn't require any module or configuration.
  • Only works if the player is on foot and doesn't have any weapon equipped.
  • You still have partial control on your avatar while autoWalking : you can change stance, pace, straffe left or right etc.
  • Pressing the “move forward” key smoothly gives total control back to the player.
  • Pressing the “move back” key immediately stops your avatar.

This is QoL improvement that was missing in the Arma series - especially considering its realistic scale and distances between points of interest, towns, mission objectives etc... Hopefully it can also help people suffering from hand injuries, muscle fatigue or arthritis. If you guys have any suggestion or question about that feature, shoot!

Enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Hi.

First off, I can't thank you enough for the auto walk feature. I'm sure i've ruined at least 2 or 3 keyboards over the years by prying things in there to hold 'w' down lol.

Everything seems pretty straight forward, but it seems I can only auto walk at a jogging pace(which is perfectly fine if that's what was intended). My personal preference would be auto walking at walking speed with weapon equipped and pointed down.

Regardless, this feature is amazing and long-overdue. Well done!

Regards.

On 29.01.2017 at 2:35 AM, EO said:

Sorry guys, there was a rogue addon in the Altis mission file i uploaded.  :face_palm:

@Psychosocial, thats why you were getting bumped back to the main menu.

Here is a new link for Walker versions on Altis and Tanoa. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f4ytk35syt4brgh/AAATccupozRx7CkwzPwxnOZ2a?dl=0

Hi EO, it's me again, could you please help me again, and upload a new version without running zombies.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.