I have pulled all of my missions from workshop, except for the Rambo one. I'm working on a youtube video that explains exactly why that I will be releasing over the next couple of weeks. I'm currently compiling a bunch of info for the video.

• Sad 1

Hey any chance for more mods becouming compatible with ravage eg ni arms ,unsung ,optre ? Also does anyone know of a quick way to extract classnames from mods ?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Edit : Removed

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Edit : Removed

For some reason AI are not shooting zombies? Any idea why?

They still attack other AI

I have absolutely no idea as to how anyone is getting the equipment pool module to function properly. No matter what I do, I am stuck with loot piles, bandits, friendlies and the player himself (upon using the [player] call rvg_fnc_equip in debug console) from the base game only.
1) I am inserting the classnames like this into the boxes; ["classname1", "classname2"] WITH a space in the middle, copypasted from a word processor. I have tried it without the spaces as well.
2) Despite having RHS enabled I have set RHS equipment pool as "none" or "equipment only".
3) I have tried running it in SP and MP, to no avail.
4) I have tried limiting and allowing arma 3 vanilla content.

The worst is upon inspecting the .rpt error logs, I can see this regarding the equipment pool custom overrides;

18:34:05 Error in expression <[“arifle_KA_SKS_F”, "hlc_rifle_g3a3(xE2)(x80)> [THE xE2 AND x80 SHOW UP AS SMALL BLACK BOXES WITH WHITE TEXT INSIDE WHEN SEEN ON NOTEPAD++. IN ADDITION, IT WAS TYPED AS [“arifle_KA_SKS_F”, "hlc_rifle_g3a3"] IN THE LOOT SPAWN FIELD.
18:34:05   Error position: <“arifle_KA_SKS_F”, "hlc_rifle_g3a3(xE2)(x80)>
18:34:05   Error Invalid number in expression
18:34:05 Error in expression <[“arifle_KA_SKS_F”,"hlc_rifle_g3a3(xE2)(x80)>
18:34:05 Error in expression <rvg_vanillaLimited = true};
if !(count (_customWpn1 + _customWpn2 + _customWpn3 >
18:34:05   Error position: <_customWpn1 + _customWpn2 + _customWpn3 >
18:34:05   Error Undefined variable in expression: _customwpn1
18:34:05 File \ravage\functions\modules\fn_init_gearPool.sqf [RVG_fnc_init_gearPool], line 37
18:34:05 Error in expression < ["ai_remoteZeus_m", false];

It seems like either the last patch hasn't really worked. I've tried downloading / deleting / clean reinstalling Ravage from both the steam workshop and the direct download link...

@Hauptmann_Gondola: Judging by your RPT, there is something wrong with the classnames array you are using, wich seems to stop the module from working properly.

It could be something as small as "you forgot a comma" or maybe you have the wrong classnames, but it's hard to tell.

In other news :

I took a few hours to fiddle with the melee weapons from the Breaking Point mod... That's definitely quite a piece of work, and at this point I'm not sure yet I will actually add them.

But the base system is decent enough, and I've already improved a couple of things on the original concept. Right now I have a few melee weapons working ingame, although the implementation is barebone and very similar to what melee felt like in the DayZ mod (wich is no surprise, as the concept is exactly the same).

I'm going to focus on improvements this week-end : I don't want to just add BP weapons for the sake of having melee in Ravage, the whole thing is promising but on the other hand, it doesn't really take advantage of what Arma3 has to offer.

There is no stamina drain for instance, and the lack of proper visual and/or sound FX makes the experience a bit underwhelming at the moment. That means melee weapons in Ravage (if I do do them) will use scripted features (unlike BP weapons, wich are 100% config stuff), but those scripts will usually be about immersion and focused on what happens from the player POV, so interactions with other mods should remain bug-free (hopefully).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/6/2018 at 2:31 PM, Suplextron said:

If you could make a gibbing effect

I was thinking Suplextron about it .

We will see !

"

15 hours ago, Hauptmann_Gondola said:

I have absolutely no idea as to how anyone is getting the equipment pool module to function properly. No matter what I do, I am stuck with loot piles, bandits, friendlies and the player himself (upon using the [player] call rvg_fnc_equip in debug console) from the base game only.
1) I am inserting the classnames like this into the boxes; ["classname1", "classname2"] WITH a space in the middle, copypasted from a word processor. I have tried it without the spaces as well.
2) Despite having RHS enabled I have set RHS equipment pool as "none" or "equipment only".
3) I have tried running it in SP and MP, to no avail.
4) I have tried limiting and allowing arma 3 vanilla content.

The worst is upon inspecting the .rpt error logs, I can see this regarding the equipment pool custom overrides;

18:34:05 Error in expression <[“arifle_KA_SKS_F”, "hlc_rifle_g3a3(xE2)(x80)> [THE xE2 AND x80 SHOW UP AS SMALL BLACK BOXES WITH WHITE TEXT INSIDE WHEN SEEN ON NOTEPAD++. IN ADDITION, IT WAS TYPED AS [“arifle_KA_SKS_F”, "hlc_rifle_g3a3"] IN THE LOOT SPAWN FIELD.
18:34:05 Error in expression <[“arifle_KA_SKS_F”,"hlc_rifle_g3a3(xE2)(x80)>
18:34:05 Error in expression <rvg_vanillaLimited = true};
if !(count (_customWpn1 + _customWpn2 + _customWpn3 >
18:34:05   Error position: <_customWpn1 + _customWpn2 + _customWpn3 >
18:34:05   Error Undefined variable in expression: _customwpn1
18:34:05 File \ravage\functions\modules\fn_init_gearPool.sqf [RVG_fnc_init_gearPool], line 37
18:34:05 Error in expression < ["ai_remoteZeus_m", false];

It seems like either the last patch hasn't really worked. I've tried downloading / deleting / clean reinstalling Ravage from both the steam workshop and the direct download link...

You use a bad quote (“arifle_KA_SKS_F”) its wrong.

your line must look like this :

["arifle_KA_SKS_F","hlc_rifle_g3a3"]

• Like 1

Has anyone successfully implemented a database using ravage? I've been trying a few things, but I barely have experience with these things.

Just wanted to drop by and let you know Haleks that this is one hell of a mod, and one of my personal favs in all of A3. I admire all the work you've done here and how you've stuck around to keep it up-to-date and continuously pushing new additions/features for it. Furthermore, I would love to get the gear mod we have in the works incorporated into the loot system here, as well as possibly doing a special texture set specifically for Ravage on many of the items. AND, if you would be interested in a new model for the M50 gas mask, I'd be happy to send it over to you once we have it ingame and ready. 

Keep up the excellent work and looking forward to anything else you have in store for this mod.

• Like 5

So I found a bolter yesterday. Was testing my mission and was wondering why there weren't many when one of them showed up. God, those animations are so creepy... He even crawled around inside the house like some kind of freaky monster. I love it!

I have a question i got to ask, can the ravage ai's by default loot and go into buildings?

@haleks

Any chances of increasing the amount of stuff we can sell to armor/clothing traders?

1 hour ago, lv1234 said:

@haleks

Any chances of increasing the amount of stuff we can sell to armor/clothing traders?

Can we sell something to armor/clothing trader? I think that this trader only provide armor/clothing, but doesn't buy any of theese.

@lv1234 On the topic of AI going into buildings, yeah they do. I've gone into a few buildings only to find doors open and an AI already in there. I'm not sure of the selection process for what building they enter, and it doesn't happen all the time, but I've seen it. I'm not certain if they loot anything, I don't think they do.

@Hans(z) Yeah I don't think the gear trader actually buys anything. I've collected armour, helmets and clothes but he never buys any of it.

Edited by ContheJon

19 hours ago, ContheJon said:

@Hans(z) Yeah I don't think the gear trader actually buys anything. I've collected armour, helmets and clothes but he never buys any of it.

@ContheJon they will buy things you add to the equipment pool.

• Thanks 1

Wait, really? I've played this whole time and never knew that! I'll need to try that out when I play my mission, thanks!

On 08/06/2018 at 10:10 PM, Siege-A said:

Just wanted to drop by and let you know Haleks that this is one hell of a mod, and one of my personal favs in all of A3. I admire all the work you've done here and how you've stuck around to keep it up-to-date and continuously pushing new additions/features for it. Furthermore, I would love to get the gear mod we have in the works incorporated into the loot system here, as well as possibly doing a special texture set specifically for Ravage on many of the items. AND, if you would be interested in a new model for the M50 gas mask, I'd be happy to send it over to you once we have it ingame and ready. 

Keep up the excellent work and looking forward to anything else you have in store for this mod.

Thanks Siege-A!

I'm definitely interested in more assets for Ravage - especially knowing the quality of the mods you've been involved in!

Don't hesitate to poke me with a PM or on steam so we can discuss those future additions. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello Ravage Community !

Just now, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Updated

Changelog:

v2.0
Code optimization,
everything will work without any delay,
the status is adjusted for 1920x1080,
minor changes,
changed the name of all the scripts , starting now with GF .

• Like 1

+ released :

GF Blood Stains and SFX Script

E7bqLsqsRiqxj9yooyS7ow.png

more info here :

Thanks !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, it is possible to make custom trader? I want to make medic-trader.
Also, it is possible to make trader without backpack?

Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulmann said:

Hello, it is possible to make custom trader?

Hello there Ulmann !

Here is an example from my mission:

This is for a Supply Trader:

private ["_marker"];

_GF_random_pos = [] call BIS_fnc_randomPos;

_Building1 = "Land_TentA_F" createVehicle _GF_random_pos;

_randPos = _Building1 getRelPos [0, 12];
_FlagPos = _Building1 getRelPos [6, 12];
_Camping_LightPos = _Building1 getRelPos [3, 6];
_WoodenLogPos = _Building1 getRelPos [2, 3];

_Flag = "FlagPole_F" createVehicle _FlagPos;
_Flag setFlagTexture "images\SpartanFlag.jpg";

_Camping_Light = "Land_Camping_Light_F" createVehicle _Camping_LightPos;
_WoodenLog= "Land_WoodenLog_F" createVehicle _WoodenLogPos;

_Trader_group1 = createGroup civilian;
_Trader1 = _Trader_group1 createUnit ["C_Orestes", _randPos, [], 0, "FORM"];

_Trader1 setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true];

_Flag allowDamage false;
_Building1 allowDamage false;
_Trader1 allowDamage false;
_Trader1 disableAI "MOVE";

_marker = createMarker ["Trader1",getPos _Building1];
_marker setMarkerType "mil_marker";
_marker setMarkerSize [1,1];
_marker setMarkerColor "ColorYellow";
_marker setMarkerText "Supply Trader";

You can choose the traders by changing this :

_Trader1 setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true];

or

_Trader1 setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];

or

_Trader1 setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_gear_s", true];

But he has to be with a bagpack .

You can do this :

** You must have the ai module from ravage enable , in order to have traders **

• Like 1

Hello, GEORGE FLOROS GR

Thank you for answer, but I think u don't understand me.
My first answer is - Can I make trader with my custom massive of things?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ulmann said:

Can I make trader with my custom massive of things?

Good idea , but i can't answer.!

I don't think though with the existed ravage scripts.