As is my tradition with any significant Ravage update, a fresh start with the Altis demo mission....

Performance is real smooth, those "various minor optimizations" feel major....the best iteration of Ravage to date. 

After leaving the burning wreck, found a safe spot to overlook the wreck site, watched 2 Bolters attacking a group of bandits, once the brouhaha was over I returned to the wreck site and geared up, I'm now ready to enter the town of Charkia.... 

Nice work mate! :rthumb:

• Like 3

Anyone know how to remove all items from player when they respawn again in MP?

I tried this but it didn't work: removeAllItems player;

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, EO said:

As is my tradition with any significant Ravage update, a fresh start with the Altis demo mission....

Performance is real smooth, those "various minor optimizations" feel major....the best iteration of Ravage to date. 

After leaving the burning wreck, found a safe spot to overlooked the wreck site, watched 2 Bolters attacking a group of bandits, once the brouhaha was over I returned to the wreck site and geared up, I'm now ready to enter the town of Charkia.... 

Nice work mate! :rthumb:

Thanks EO!

I wasn't sure how those changes would impact other machines, it's nice to see that they do make a difference. Don't hesitate to post more feedback on this guys, I'm eager to see if it does benefit other missions as well, SP or MP.

BTW, I've read that the vanilla campaigns & missions are being optimized, I'm really curious to see the results...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lv1234 said:

how to remove all items from player when they respawn again in MP

Hello there lv1234 !

Create a 

onPlayerRespawn.sqf

or

to start with

initPlayerLocal.sqf

and copy there:

This is to spawn , with:

a radom uniform , 

a random side weapon with mags ,

a fak and a chemlight red .

private ["_unit"];

_unit	= _this select 0;

removeallweapons _unit;
	removeAllItems _unit;
	removeAllAssignedItems _unit;
	removeUniform _unit;
	removeVest _unit;
	removeBackpack _unit;
	removeHeadgear _unit;
	removeGoggles _unit;

_array_clothing = [
			"U_C_Journalist",
			"U_C_Poloshirt_blue",
			"U_C_Poloshirt_burgundy",
			"U_C_Poloshirt_salmon",
			"U_C_Poloshirt_stripped",
			"U_C_Poloshirt_tricolour",
			"U_C_Poor_1",
			"U_C_Poor_2",
			"U_C_Poor_shorts_1",
			"U_C_Scientist",
			"U_OrestesBody",
			"U_Rangemaster",
			"U_NikosAgedBody",
			"U_NikosBody",
			"U_Competitor",
			"U_I_G_resistanceLeader_F",
			"U_C_man_sport_1_F",
			"U_C_man_sport_2_F",
			"U_C_man_sport_3_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_1_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_2_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_3_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_4_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_5_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_6_F"
			];
_clothing = selectRandom _array_clothing;

_array_Pistols=	[
			//Pistols
			"hgun_ACPC2_F",
			"hgun_P07_F",
			"hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F",
			"hgun_Pistol_heavy_02_F",
			//"hgun_Pistol_Signal_F",
			"hgun_Rook40_F",
			//Apex
			"hgun_Pistol_01_F",
			"hgun_P07_khk_F"
			]call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_unit forceAddUniform _clothing;
_unit addWeaponGlobal _array_Pistols;

//_vest	= vestContainer _unit;
_uniform	= uniformContainer _unit;

// Spawn sideweapon's mag
_magazines = getArray (configFile / "CfgWeapons" / _array_Pistols / "magazines");
_magazineClass = _magazines call bis_fnc_selectRandom; 

_uniform addMagazineCargoGlobal [_magazineClass, 2];	//2 mags
_uniform addItemCargoGlobal		["FirstAidKit", 1];
_uniform addItemCargoGlobal		["Chemlight_red", 1];

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there lv1234 !

Create a 

onPlayerRespawn.sqf

or

to start with

initPlayerLocal.sqf

and copy there:

This is to spawn , with:

a radom uniform , 

a random side weapon with mags ,

a fak and a chemlight red .

private ["_unit"];

_unit	= _this select 0;

removeallweapons _unit;
	removeAllItems _unit;
	removeAllAssignedItems _unit;
	removeUniform _unit;
	removeVest _unit;
	removeBackpack _unit;
	removeHeadgear _unit;
	removeGoggles _unit;

_array_clothing = [
			"U_C_Journalist",
			"U_C_Poloshirt_blue",
			"U_C_Poloshirt_burgundy",
			"U_C_Poloshirt_salmon",
			"U_C_Poloshirt_stripped",
			"U_C_Poloshirt_tricolour",
			"U_C_Poor_1",
			"U_C_Poor_2",
			"U_C_Poor_shorts_1",
			"U_C_Scientist",
			"U_OrestesBody",
			"U_Rangemaster",
			"U_NikosAgedBody",
			"U_NikosBody",
			"U_Competitor",
			"U_I_G_resistanceLeader_F",
			"U_C_man_sport_1_F",
			"U_C_man_sport_2_F",
			"U_C_man_sport_3_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_1_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_2_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_3_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_4_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_5_F",
			"U_C_Man_casual_6_F"
			];
_clothing = selectRandom _array_clothing;

_array_Pistols=	[
			//Pistols
			"hgun_ACPC2_F",
			"hgun_P07_F",
			"hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F",
			"hgun_Pistol_heavy_02_F",
			//"hgun_Pistol_Signal_F",
			"hgun_Rook40_F",
			//Apex
			"hgun_Pistol_01_F",
			"hgun_P07_khk_F"
			]call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_unit forceAddUniform _clothing;
_unit addWeaponGlobal _array_Pistols;

//_vest	= vestContainer _unit;
_uniform	= uniformContainer _unit;

// Spawn sideweapon's mag
_magazines = getArray (configFile / "CfgWeapons" / _array_Pistols / "magazines");
_magazineClass = _magazines call bis_fnc_selectRandom; 

_uniform addMagazineCargoGlobal [_magazineClass, 2];	//2 mags
_uniform addItemCargoGlobal		["FirstAidKit", 1];
_uniform addItemCargoGlobal		["Chemlight_red", 1];

How about just making my player respawn with just a random uniform?

I want to make it so that the player can go through halek's intro and get their gear for a good start but if they die, they have to start with only a uniform when they respawn?

• Like 1

Also anyone know why when i play the preinstalled altis demo in MP, my character spawns inside the truck with armored lvl 3 vest, helmet, night vision goggles, and a map?

Also for similar maps using halek's ravage intro, every time i respawn (using markers or respawn camps), my game sound stops and i can't hear anything?

Oh. My. God.

Those bolters freak me out! I love it! :evil:

I also love the new animation types.

Great job, Haleks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lv1234 said:

How about just making my player respawn with just a random uniform?

Just delete the code for the pistol and the magazines.

One thing that made me curious.

I have noticed that some zombies don't have those hand animations, is it intended or is it a bug?

For examle sometimes I see runners with the normal running animation.

@haleksgreat job on those animations. i especially like the crouch runner. is that a gesture made from the scare civ anims? i'm trying to find some anims for an addon free version of my project and i think you gave me an idea. :don15:

We are looking to add tent persistency to our server. We basically would like for players to be able to place down tents DayZ style and store loot in them, then have the loot save between server restarts. We know we need to setup a database for this but neither of us have any experience in this area. Anyone have any ideas or advice or have done something like this? I know how to set up saves and persistency for missions but have never done this on a server before. It's the one touch we want to add to our Esseker server. We feel really good about everything else we are doing, but players want a way to store loot. I do not like the idea of people using vehicles as storage, although I'm not against having vehicle persistency as well. I would prefer tents if possible.

An ideal situation would be for anyone on the map to be able to access any placed tent they find, making stored loot never fully safe. This will force players to find good hiding spots for their tents and force other players to explore around the map more.

Obviously we would need some sort of limiting system where one player can only place down one tent at a time for performance reasons, etc.

New upcoming RHS GREF weapon

Spoiler
16 minutes ago, Redphoenix said:

20180602213243_1.jpg

20180602213604_1.jpg

And if you want to go all in:

20180602212327_1.jpg

I think that this is new member of Ravage family. I don't know but I could hear some "clip sound" in RHS showcase, so I'm expecting some "M1ish" rifle.

13 hours ago, bad benson said:

@haleksgreat job on those animations. i especially like the crouch runner. is that a gesture made from the scare civ anims? i'm trying to find some anims for an addon free version of my project and i think you gave me an idea. :don15:

Indeed, I noticed those only recently - I think they were added with the LoW DLC? The "panic" section has really interesting ones, they remind me of the zombies from The Last of Us : twitchy and deranged as hell.

I'm tempted to replace some idle anims with those, or maybe add them as AIVariants (like it's done for vanilla idle anims), but for some reason I never got that last one working in the configs...

• Like 2

Mod is awesome. Ever thought about adding exploding heads and gibbing options to zombies? Also maybe a gore sound when shooting them with a hevay weapon IE a shotgun Slug to the head?

I guess those are features of Ryans Zombies but  the animations in that aren't immersive and the Zombies from Warfare Thai Ex are seriously buggy and the customisation is bugged.

Hello there to all Ravagers !

I have create a blood script ,

GF Blood Stains and SFX Script

not yet officially released , ( trying to find some good photos and videos ! ) .

for anyone who wants to check and download from here :

Spoiler

3SnAPH1qQs2qEbLf-TN_hA.png

Thanks everyone for the support !

All these updates! :eyeheart:

I'm noticing some improved performance on my end too, and I'm not using a beastly PC. GTX 650 Ti BOOST with 1 gb of VRAM, 8 gigs of RAM and an i7 3770 processor, and Altis runs very smoothly. Not that I had major issues before though, but it's definitely a noticeable improvement. Even Esseker has had slight improvements!

Been updating my Essker mission, it's got a new surprise over at the north western military base. My Altis mission is getting an update too, especially after one of ALIAS' newest scripts. Let's just say, beware of the forests at night ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, haleks said:

Indeed, I noticed those only recently - I think they were added with the LoW DLC? The "panic" section has really interesting ones, they remind me of the zombies from The Last of Us : twitchy and deranged as hell.

I'm tempted to replace some idle anims with those, or maybe add them as AIVariants (like it's done for vanilla idle anims), but for some reason I never got that last one working in the configs...

yea it's great. they seem like possessed.

On 6/4/2018 at 1:22 PM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Just delete the code for the pistol and the magazines.

So could _unit be replaced with "player"? And what else would i have to change in the script so it specifically applies to the player?

20 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

We are looking to add tent persistency to our server. We basically would like for players to be able to place down tents DayZ style and store loot in them, then have the loot save between server restarts. We know we need to setup a database for this but neither of us have any experience in this area. Anyone have any ideas or advice or have done something like this? I know how to set up saves and persistency for missions but have never done this on a server before. It's the one touch we want to add to our Esseker server. We feel really good about everything else we are doing, but players want a way to store loot. I do not like the idea of people using vehicles as storage, although I'm not against having vehicle persistency as well. I would prefer tents if possible.

An ideal situation would be for anyone on the map to be able to access any placed tent they find, making stored loot never fully safe. This will force players to find good hiding spots for their tents and force other players to explore around the map more.

Obviously we would need some sort of limiting system where one player can only place down one tent at a time for performance reasons, etc.

You can use gruppe adler persistence, its simple to use and you can save everything vehicle (vehicle content) and static object too (for base building) but be carefull set your mission with a really low vehicle spawn in the ravage mode because that will add new vehicle on each server restart. There only one bad thing with that its the fuel if you got 10% fuel on server restart it will be full, if its empty it will stay empty.

https://github.com/gruppe-adler/grad-persistence

You don't need to set up a database for this, just need to save it manually by writing a line in chat box (admin logged)

12 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there to all Ravagers !

I have create a blood script ,

GF Blood Stains and SFX Script

not yet officially released , ( trying to find some good photos and videos ! ) .

for anyone who wants to check and download from here :

Hide contents

3SnAPH1qQs2qEbLf-TN_hA.png

Thanks everyone for the support !

Nice, can always use more Gore. Does it have gibbing effects?

If you could make a gibbing effect when shooting zombies with heavy weapons that would be fuckign awesome!

• Like 1

I'm not sure if anyone can help me here, but I'm trying to get ALIAS' Strigoi script to work. I can spawn him in, but he does no damage to me and I get script errors related to one of the lines, number 128, in the strigoi.sqf. 

Thanks in advance for any advice if anyone here knows what I'm doing wrong! :icon_biggrin:

1 hour ago, ContheJon said:

I'm not sure if anyone can help me here, but I'm trying to get ALIAS' Strigoi script to work. I can spawn him in, but he does no damage to me and I get script errors related to one of the lines, number 128, in the strigoi.sqf. 

Thanks in advance for any advice if anyone here knows what I'm doing wrong! :icon_biggrin:

This might help : https://drive.google.com/file/d/11XZ_rRcduo_Fy_x9TjpK8cYVoUuyhb2l/view?usp=sharing

It's a modified version of Alias'demo : there're some major changes, plus tweaks/fixes and optimizations. I only made it as a suggestion for Alias to improve his concept, so all credits go to him.

You should take a look at the changelog file that is included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks very much Haleks!  ALIAS did say that you'd done something with the script to make it work with Ravage. Read some of the changes, and I'm looking forward to trying him out!

Can't wait to get another message from someone on Steam saying how they literally screamed with fright >:D

Edited by ContheJon