Hello haleks! Hew here just made this forum account specifically to ask this. I am completely new to Arma and am interested in modding your Ravage mods loot tables and weapons to only use content (weapons and ammunition) from the Arma 3 VETERAN MOD and nothing else. How would this be possible? Where do I start?

• Like 1

@haleks I have question for you, I'm using Left Shoulder Scripted Weapon mod, with which you can carry two main weapons. I read somewhere on Exile forums, that for persistency you have to add some code to the mod, if you want to keep 2nd weapon saved. So will it be possible that you at least look at that option? I think that in SP it works well, sometimes actions in the action menu appear multiple times.

9 hours ago, kodabar said:

Do zombies have a faction? Back in the olden days, they were civilians, but ever since Haleks made the Factions mods, I'm not so sure any more. Do they have a faction these days or are they an exception?

Zombies have their own faction (creatively named "ZOMBIE_Faction") wich belongs to the Civilian Side (That's why they can be found under 'civilian' in Eden).

But technically, all zombies are set to become renegades as soon as they spawn (making sure no one mistakes them for glitched friends), so inquiring on a zed's side while playing will probably return "sideEnemy", wich is neither civilian, opfor or anything. It's just "bad guys".

• Like 2

So @haleks if Ravage mod make new faction for the zombies. Those that mean that AI mods like the new Vcom 3.0 version will only affect Roaming AI and not zombie ?

If yes it means good so zombie keep their behavior right ?

7 hours ago, Lyrtrymonsk said:

Hello haleks! Hew here just made this forum account specifically to ask this. I am completely new to Arma and am interested in modding your Ravage mods loot tables and weapons to only use content (weapons and ammunition) from the Arma 3 VETERAN MOD and nothing else. How would this be possible? Where do I start?

For that you need to place the equipment pool module, and set it so it doesn't spawn any weapon from the supported mods (RHS, warfareThai, CUP and IFA3).

Then you can use the custom weapons fields to define your own array of weapons for various "grades".

6 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

@haleks I have question for you, I'm using Left Shoulder Scripted Weapon mod, with which you can carry two main weapons. I read somewhere on Exile forums, that for persistency you have to add some code to the mod, if you want to keep 2nd weapon saved. So will it be possible that you at least look at that option? I think that in SP it works well, sometimes actions in the action menu appear multiple times.

I would need to take a look at the script to give you a definitive answer; but yes it would most likely require some fiddling since it's not using any vanilla system.

Ravage relies on getUnitLoadout to save players gear, so unless the author found a way to actually assign a weapon to the launcher slot, it won't save that.

But before considering that, I suggest making sure those duplicated actions are fixed, otherwise it's bound to cause more and more problems with persistency.

51 minutes ago, MisterOth said:

So @haleks if Ravage mod make new faction for the zombies. Those that mean that AI mods like the new Vcom 3.0 version will only affect Roaming AI and not zombie ?

If yes it means good so zombie keep their behavior right ?

Actually, if VCOM only affects vanilla factions, that means none of the units spawned by Ravage (zeds or AI) are affected - they all have custom factions.

Here are the AI factions used by Ravage if anyone needs them to add support :

class SURVIVOR_blue_Faction {
	displayName = "Survivors";
	side = 1;
};
class SURVIVOR_green_Faction {
	side = 2;
};
class SURVIVOR_red_Faction {
	side = 0;
};
class RENEGADE_Faction {
	displayName = "Renegades";
	side = 3;//5 once ingame
};
class RAIDER_green_Faction {
	displayName = "Bandits";
	side = 2;
};
class RAIDER_red_Faction {
	displayName = "Bandits";
	side = 0;
};
class RAIDER_blue_Faction {
	displayName = "Bandits";
	side = 1;
};

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This mod looks interesting and I'm looking forward to trying it out more extensively.  One minor issue that hopefully won't be too difficult to fix is that loading this mod causes the big 3 buttons with the auto playing videos on the main menu to disappear.

Here's a screenshot demonstrating this:  https://i.imgur.com/8HVd4yC.jpg

Here's what it should look like: https://i.imgur.com/BPg5jxo.jpg

@crazy mike and anyone else dealing with whitelisted functions configs for their missions, here's a complete list of functions used by Ravage :

Spoiler

rvg_fnc_addAction {};
rvg_fnc_addDamage {};
rvg_fnc_addGear {};
rvg_fnc_addLoot {};
rvg_fnc_addLootCargo {};
rvg_fnc_addWeapon {};
rvg_fnc_alertNearby {};
rvg_fnc_animalBhvr_rabbit_flee {};
rvg_fnc_animalBhvr_rabbit {};
rvg_fnc_allrvgGear {};
rvg_fnc_ammoDrone {};
rvg_fnc_animalKilled {};
rvg_fnc_breathfog {};
rvg_fnc_countPlayers {};
rvg_fnc_createFireEffect {};
rvg_fnc_damagePulsing {};
rvg_fnc_deleteUnit {};
rvg_fnc_droneFuel {};
rvg_fnc_equip {};
rvg_fnc_FF {};
rvg_fnc_findString {};
rvg_fnc_Fired {};
rvg_fnc_FNEH {};
rvg_fnc_gatherInsidePos {};
rvg_fnc_getMagazineCost {};
rvg_fnc_getWeaponCost {};
rvg_fnc_groupLootSearch {};
rvg_fnc_groupMerge {};
rvg_fnc_HoldFireEmergencies {};
rvg_fnc_HandleDamageCar {};
rvg_fnc_lootCleanUp {};
rvg_fnc_manipulateContainers {};
rvg_fnc_noFuelFeed {};
rvg_fnc_playerTriggerActivation {};
rvg_fnc_ravager {};
rvg_fnc_removeActions {};
rvg_fnc_safeZone {};
rvg_fnc_say3dGlobal {};
rvg_fnc_setDamage {};
rvg_fnc_setName {};
rvg_fnc_setVehicleActions {};
rvg_fnc_spawnPlayer {};
rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp {};
rvg_fnc_spawnCapital {};
rvg_fnc_spawnLocal {};
rvg_fnc_spawnTown {};
rvg_fnc_spawnVillage {};
rvg_fnc_getSunAngle {};
rvg_fnc_take {};
rvg_fnc_traderSupply {};
rvg_fnc_returnDays {};
rvg_fnc_UAVprotocol {};
rvg_fnc_vehInit {};
rvg_fnc_wreckSpawner {};
rvg_fnc_zedBlacklist {};
rvg_fnc_fetchSpecialItems {};
rvg_fnc_getLoadedMagazine {};
rvg_fnc_writeSave {};
rvg_fnc_indexSaveFile {};
rvg_fnc_saveMPplayer {};
rvg_fnc_loadMPplayer {};
rvg_fnc_playerEffects {};
rvg_fnc_playerHunger {};
rvg_fnc_playerRadiation {};
rvg_fnc_processRads {};
rvg_fnc_playerThirst {};
rvg_fnc_displayStatus {};
rvg_fnc_radMonitor {};
rvg_fnc_setAnimSpeed {};
rvg_fnc_getHealth {};
rvg_fnc_init_save {};
rvg_fnc_init_settings {};
rvg_fnc_init_survival {};
rvg_fnc_init_veh {};
rvg_fnc_init_atmosphere {};
rvg_fnc_init_loot {};
rvg_fnc_init_ai {};
rvg_fnc_init_zombies {};
rvg_fnc_init_hordes {};
rvg_fnc_init_debug {};
rvg_fnc_init_zedBlackList {};
rvg_fnc_init_gearPool {};
rvg_fnc_init_ravager {};
rvg_fnc_init_safeZone {};
rvg_fnc_init_radZone {};
rvg_fnc_zed_attack {};
rvg_fnc_zed_speak {};
rvg_fnc_zed_spawner {};
rvg_fnc_zed_spawn {};
rvg_fnc_zed_LoS {};
rvg_fnc_zed_init {};
rvg_fnc_zed_behaviour {};
rvg_fnc_zed_fired_near {};
rvg_fnc_zed_ambiant {};
rvg_fnc_zed_animDone {};
rvg_fnc_zed_spawnDamage {};
rvg_fnc_zed_inRange {};
rvg_fnc_zed_damageEH {};
rvg_fnc_zed_updateAgentPath {};
rvg_fnc_horde_behaviour {};
rvg_fnc_horde_fired_near {};
rvg_fnc_horde_spawn {};
rvg_fnc_sunangle {};
rvg_fnc_detachBackpack {};
rvg_fnc_playerHit {};
rvg_fnc_HitPart {};
rvg_fnc_removeWeapon {};

@cyprus: that is intended, I didn't like those. ^^

• Like 2

Ok.  I've also noticed that the standard jogging animation is changed slightly with your weapon lowered more than normally.  Are there any other changes this mod makes to the game that aren't stuff that have to be enabled by the modules in the mission editor like the two things I've found?  I'm little wary of using this mod now because it seems that there can be more potential changes to how the game operates that isn't mentioned in any of the documentation.  How does the "realistic vehicle repairs" work?  I don't see any modules to enable or disable this so I'm assuming it's just always on when the mod is enabled?

EDIT:  It looks like the realistic vehicle repairs is always enabled.  While I do think it is interesting, I personally think enabling it globally is the wrong move.  All gameplay related features should be moved to modules that have to be enabled in the mission.  Otherwise if you ever want to swap between different types of missions you'll have to unload and reload the mod.  While for singleplayer that's not too big of a deal, for multiplayer that is going to cause a lot of confusion and frustration.

21 hours ago, CptStampede said:

Ive made a few hundret additions to Malden, to have a better Ravage feeling at my server. Buildings are spawning furniture itself, and the trash too (Wracks; all kind of trash;). Water sources are working too! I dont changed something myself so it should work fine for u also i think!

Well in my case I need specific props to be searchable. So, is there any way?

20 minutes ago, cyprus said:

Ok.  I've also noticed that the standard jogging animation is changed slightly with your weapon lowered more than normally.  Are there any other changes this mod makes to the game that aren't stuff that have to be enabled by the modules in the mission editor like the two things I've found?  I'm little wary of using this mod now because it seems that there can be more potential changes to how the game operates that isn't mentioned in any of the documentation.  How does the "realistic vehicle repairs" work?  I don't see any modules to enable or disable this so I'm assuming it's just always on when the mod is enabled?

Good question - not everything in Ravage is controlled by modules, and I really need to write a proper documentation one of these days...

Some stuff like the lowered rifle animation are just config changes and most of them won't impact Arma 3 gameplay.

On the config side, Ravage edits a couple animations, changes the vegetation clutter models for vanilla maps, and disable fuel stations and artificial lights on most buildings.

It's also worth mentionning that Ravage enables an infinite ammo system for all infantry by default (something I could make optional, actually).

Otherwise, it's all module-triggered. Just load Ravage and try any of the vanilla scenarios, chances are you won't notice too many differences.

• Like 2

So @haleks you were talking about some config changes made by the mod. I remember there was in Altis scenario, the map toggle was disabled. Can you bring back that feature because everythime I found a map I can see the satellite view and this make no sense in the scenario. Thank you

I removed that feature because the method I was using was not optimal. But yes, I'll add it back at some point - maybe as a new option for the Settings Module if I can.

1 minute ago, haleks said:

I removed that feature because the method I was using was not optimal. But yes, I'll add it back at some point - maybe as a new option for the Settings Module if I can.

Yes thank you. I find it essential. Thanks

@all VCOMAI users: 

the documentation and userconfig state that VCOMAI is active for all units as long as they belong to one of the three sides WEST, EAST, RESISTANCE.  So RAVAGE ambient Ai should be handled by VCOMAI. 

I have video proof from using the older 2.94 VCOMAI on my Tanoa mission where the RAVAGE bandits showed a "signature behaviour" of VCOMAI being active: the cheeky buggers stole my car which I had so lovingly repaired and restored using up all my toolboxes! 

Will test with the new VCOMAI 3.0 if it still works with RAVAGE AI, but why not? It's still based on the side of a unit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you @tourist for testing it. And zombies from my understanding, they belong to civilians so Vcom will not change their behavior? Thank for confirming with the new Vcom

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tourist said:

I have video proof from using the older 2.94 VCOMAI on my Tanoa mission where the RAVAGE bandits showed a "signature behaviour" of VCOMAI being active: the cheeky buggers stole my car which I had so lovingly repaired and restored using up all my toolboxes! 

I recommand you using this script. It work SP http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33195

47 minutes ago, tourist said:

That sounds so cool, would love to see that in Ravage by default :icon_biggrin:

nice to see the mod on the workshop, well done.

Was wondering if there was a way to exclude a building from the loot list so furniture dosent spawn in side. I know you can do it by class name but i dont want them all to be empty just one of them.

thank you and Great mod

We have a possible bug with the trader system. When selling an item from your backpack, the item does not disappear. It seems to only sell properly if you have the item in your hands. You still get the money for selling the item, but it stays in your backpack. We are using George's script for not accessing backpacks. Could this be a cause?

1 hour ago, Donnie_Plays said:

We have a possible bug with the trader system. When selling an item from your backpack, the item does not disappear. It seems to only sell properly if you have the item in your hands. You still get the money for selling the item, but it stays in your backpack. We are using George's script for not accessing backpacks. Could this be a cause?

I think no ( @haleks should confirm that) . This is known bug. If you play alone in SP just don't do it. If you play MP it's all about honesty between people on server and that's sometimes hard to maintain :down:. Until players group up and fight against zombies and AI it should be ok, but at moment that server becomes more PvP, players will be cheating more and this can bury trader system.

I belive that Ravagers are good and honest people so this behavior will be minor!!!:f:

• Sad 1

Yep, known issue. :/

I suggest using only gear & supplies traders for now, sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

Next update coming soon!

Tweaked :
Tweaked Zed deletion timers to avoid unwanted behaviour on teamSwitch.
Removed AT cars from default patrols.
Weapons traders were added back to default shopTypes.

Fixed :
Zeus players are now excluded from the MP save system.
Fixed an exploit with weapons traders.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, haleks said:

I really need to write a proper documentation one of these days

Should add the info to the Ravage wiki Haleks, about everything else for ravage is there.

Btw since release on steam Workshop theres seems to be more videos coming out, and the Ravage channel went from 190 subs before SW to 204 subscribers as of today!

The introduction video to Ravage went from 4,200 views to 5,268 views!

• Like 7