I keep getting 1 or 2 shotted by zombies. I have the damage set to 35. But even at default 25 i get 1 or 2 shot. Any ideas?

Hi guys!

The OP and the googleDrive link have been updated with the latest hotfix.

@The4thSurvivor: Are you wearing any kind of vest or protection? It does help.

Also, be weary of your own stance when around zombies and try not to expose your head too much : they can hit you in the face.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey there!

Tales From Nowhere has been updated with a new episode, I hope you'll have as much fun playing it as I had scripting weird features for it. ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, haleks said:

Hi guys!

The OP and the googleDrive link have been updated with the latest hotfix.

@The4thSurvivor: Are you wearing any kind of vest or protection? It does help.

Also, be weary of your own stance when around zombies and try not to expose your head too much : they can hit you in the face.

Does stamina affect how much damage you take? I did have a vest on with almost a full bar of bullet resistance. No helmet tho. 

Hi Everyone

I remember a script ''amb_helis.sqf'' that was in this mod. It simulate some heli in the mission. Is it still possible to find it somewhere ?

Also, is it possible to disable the toggle map fonction in the game. Their is two item ''map'' in the game, building a mission spawn vanilla map instead of the ravage map one. If possible with a toggle off mod.

And can you suggest me what tpw script or other script you use to enhance your mission.

Thanks

@MisterOth: I removed that script some time ago...

I suggest downloading Eden Enhanced - it's a must have if you make missions anyway - and has an ambiant flyover tool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@haleks  I'm new to Ravage, but I am an experienced mission maker. I've been looking at the wiki and some of it seems to be out of date. For example, the wiki tells you to use a trigger to make a safe zone, but there is a safe zone module in the mission editor. Is the wiki still the best place to get information and guides regarding Ravage mission creation?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Montgomery said:

@haleks  I've been looking at the wiki and some of it seems to be out of date.

That's my fault. I write quite a bit of the wiki, but I'm not a mission maker. So yeah, some parts of the wiki are definitely out of date. The safe zone information is a good example. It was accurate when it was put up there in November and it still works now, but it's been superseded by updates to Ravage. If you find something that's wrong, feel free to change it (you don't need to register to edit things) or leave a comment to let me know and I'll get it done.

Just have a quick question about using ravage zombies with an exile server

So I've added the ambient zombies module into my mission.sqm for the mission, have ravage and cba both installed onto the server, however zombies do not spawn nor is anything in the log to clue me in on whats wrong, is there anything else I have to do?

17 minutes ago, crazy mike said:

Just have a quick question about using ravage zombies with an exile server

So I've added the ambient zombies module into my mission.sqm for the mission, have ravage and cba both installed onto the server, however zombies do not spawn nor is anything in the log to clue me in on whats wrong, is there anything else I have to do?

I am unsure how compatible exile and ravage are, have you checked your .rpt?

9 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I am unsure how compatible exile and ravage are, have you checked your .rpt?

yes nothing in the log that would indicate problems

@Montgomery: for this particular subject (the safezone thing), you should know that the safezone module isn't 100% working at the moment.

That's another good reason for the Wiki : the old scripts compiled there by the community can always come in handy.

Alternatively, you can use the "condition" field in the zed module to achieve desired behaviour.

@crazy mike: I never touched Exile meself, but from what I gathered from various feedback, it's most likely one of the Ravage functions being blocked from remoteExec.

There should be some sort of config file where you can whitelist functions and scripts to run in Exile. The problem is to identify wich function is being blocked...

But like I said, I'm not familiar with Exile, so anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

32 minutes ago, haleks said:

@Montgomery: for this particular subject (the safezone thing), you should know that the safezone module isn't 100% working at the moment.

That's another good reason for the Wiki : the old scripts compiled there by the community can always come in handy.

Alternatively, you can use the "condition" field in the zed module to achieve desired behaviour.

@crazy mike: I never touched Exile meself, but from what I gathered from various feedback, it's most likely one of the Ravage functions being blocked from remoteExec.

There should be some sort of config file where you can whitelist functions and scripts to run in Exile. The problem is to identify wich function is being blocked...

But like I said, I'm not familiar with Exile, so anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

alright, im just not sure which function id need add for specifically the zombies

55 minutes ago, crazy mike said:

alright, im just not sure which function id need add for specifically the zombies

Can you check if the canspawnzeds variable is defined after mission start?

!isNil "canspawnzeds"

4 minutes ago, haleks said:

Can you check if the canspawnzeds variable is defined after mission start?

!isNil "canspawnzeds"

it is not

2 minutes ago, crazy mike said:

it is not

Sounds like the function associated to the module itself (rvg_fnc_init_zombies) is blocked...

I'll compile a complete list of Ravage functions and post it here when I have time, should be helpfull for mission makers dealing with whitelisted functions settings.

• Like 1

the only gripe i have with this is that zombies die in 1 shot from almost any weapon and any limb i.e. leg. 

can we chuck in an option on the ambient zombie module for zombie health? or headshot only etc :) 

Camp Ravage = A module 

Preface: I have 5 survivors at the moment, I had 3 then lost 2 and gained 4 during a 6-ish hr Ravage tour of Chernarus Redux, I need something to do with these guys!

I'd love to see a module I could place in Eden that would establish a "Base Camp" that creates a 50 or 100m radi spot, the Base Camp its self is innocuous and does not deploy or spawn any structures but it adds a scroll menu item to send the selected survivor there. Is that even possible? 

This would be a module placed during mission creation -or- it would be cool if it was also attached to a bag/radio/rolled sleeping bag sort of item and player deployable, allowing us to establish/move Base Camp in-game.

Pipe dream triggered!

Module placed in editor has options like:

Survivor Population:  Adds X amount of survivors to the camp. They'll stay there ( Garrison IIRC ) until selected to join squad or sent back to base camp.

Recruitable:  Can the player recruit them or not. So I can play as the tacticool squad helping the plebs.

Requires Resupply:  If you have survivors at the camp then the camp needs fuel, food, water in X amount over Y time

Resupply interval: Game time 6,12 and 24hr selections maybe or just type in what ever value you desire?

Requires Items:  Tent, Generator, vehicle... not sure where this is going.

Camp issues Tasks: Does the Base Camp issue Resupply tasks to the player.  Requires a radio item equipped to player maybe?

Not a comprehensive description of this wild ass idea but it's getting long.

The short version/option would be a Ravage module you place in the editor that issues tasks to resupply your camp.  This would allow for some flexibility and immersion.  I create a zone, sync module to it and set interval of resupply and away I go haha

Easy eh? =p

• Like 3

- Need help! -

So I have been making a ravage mission and I remembered you could search junk piles, wrecked cars and etc. for loot. Is there a code for the init field or something that would allow me to apply such a search system in any props?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukasGaming said:

- Need help! -

So I have been making a ravage mission and I remembered you could search junk piles, wrecked cars and etc. for loot. Is there a code for the init field or something that would allow me to apply such a search system in any props?

Ive made a few hundret additions to Malden, to have a better Ravage feeling at my server. Buildings are spawning furniture itself, and the trash too (Wracks; all kind of trash;). Water sources are working too! I dont changed something myself so it should work fine for u also i think!

I'm wondering if you can use _alluniforms, _allrifles to make random spawns with every mod I have and zombies with every uniform. So far I haven't been able to do it

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, terry123 said:

I'm wondering if you can use _alluniforms, _allrifles to make random spawns with every mod I have and zombies with every uniform. So far I haven't been able to do it

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

That's a lot, well it could be!

IIRC you can already tell it to use CUPs, IFA, Friths, WF Thai and something else can't you?  That alone is a crap load of diverse loadouts.

Do zombies have a faction? Back in the olden days, they were civilians, but ever since Haleks made the Factions mods, I'm not so sure any more. Do they have a faction these days or are they an exception?