The BP mission is just Singleplayer for now. It is going to be Multiplayer Co-Op (4 players) in the near future though. I'm still working on a few things. I should note that the game can't be played as a single player scenario. It has to be hosted either LAN or Internet for all the mission elements to work properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay i will look forward to the mp Release, and in the meantime Ill play alone...  Thnx for the answer!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donnie_Plays said:

The BP mission is just Singleplayer for now. It is going to be Multiplayer Co-Op (4 players) in the near future though. I'm still working on a few things. I should note that the game can't be played as a single player scenario. It has to be hosted either LAN or Internet for all the mission elements to work properly.

Is a saving system something you’re working on? Thanks for making this. I really enjoyed that map the few times I played BP and it’s nice to see their assets being put to use.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Is a saving system something you’re working on? Thanks for making this. I really enjoyed that map the few times I played BP and it’s nice to see their assets being put to use.

I added a save system and 2nd player slot today for Co-Op

• Like 2

I played your map yesterday. A bit to sunny atmosphere for my taste but i liked it! THNX again for sharing!

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 3:01 PM, haleks said:

But you can find the "LocationCamp" gamelogic in Eden editor and place it manually - it will work the same regarding radiation safe zones.

As for bandits, you could use the "condition" entry in the module to prevent them from spawning near locations :

player distance someLocation < 1000

haleks, thanks a lot for the guidance! Placing the "LocationCamp" gamelogic works like a charm!

I didn't completely get the part for the bandits, though.

If I understand it right, I want the condition to be false when the player is in range of any of the "safe zones". So putting "!(player distance location1 < 1000) && !(player distance location2 < 1000)" in the condition field of the Ravage_ai module should be the right way, is that correct?

Edit: Tried it out and seems to be correct. Thanks!

So there's only one thing to remark regarding the radiation safe zone -> currently you have to place more than one LocationCamp to make an area really radiation free (due to the logic used to place the radiation zones w.r.t. the LocationCamp it's possible to have a radiation zone bordering directly with the game logic). So if anyone also is interested in using this approach, placing 3 LocationCamps around the POI guarantees a radiation free area within the triangle area (as long as the sides of the triangle are less than approx. 700m)

• Thanks 1

Hey all,

i need advice at a new problem: I want a vehicle to have ravage retexture after respawning and i havent found a workaround for that. Only thing i found on the wiki is how to prevent ( this setVariable ["rvg_owned", true, true]; ) and my skills arent good enough to do this myself... Any ideas?

Thnx

I'm prepping to run a Ravage dedicated server with a friend of mine soon. He's actually running the server and I'm setting up the missions, etc. Any advice from anyone who has tried this in the past?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CptStampede said:

Hey all,

i need advice at a new problem: I want a vehicle to have ravage retexture after respawning and i havent found a workaround for that. Only thing i found on the wiki is how to prevent ( this setVariable ["rvg_owned", true, true]; ) and my skills arent good enough to do this myself... Any ideas?

Thnx

Hey CptStampede,

if you just want it to have the texture without the damage, try:

this setObjectMaterialGlobal [0, "\A3\soft_F\Quadbike_01\Data\quadbike_01_base_destruct.rvmat"];

the file you need to select depends on the type of vehicle of course. The example is for the quad. If you need the texture file for the other vehicles you have to un-pbo ravage and look for fn_vehInit.sqf in:

@Ravage\addons\ravage\functions\main\

Edit:

Just found a way where you don't need to check the ravage source:

1) right click on vehicle and select "find in config viewer"

2) double-click on the highlighted vehicle name in the list on the left side of the screen (probably need to scroll a bit)

3) now on the left side you should see more categories opened for the vehicle. one of which is "Damage". One click on damage to see the texture name on the right window.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, behemeth said:

Hey CptStampede,

if you just want it to have the texture without the damage, try:

this setObjectMaterialGlobal [0, "\A3\soft_F\Quadbike_01\Data\quadbike_01_base_destruct.rvmat"];

the file you need to select depends on the type of vehicle of course. The example is for the quad. If you need the texture file for the other vehicles you have to un-pbo ravage and look for fn_vehInit.sqf in:

@Ravage\addons\ravage\functions\main\

Edit:

Just found a way where you don't need to check the ravage source:

1) right click on vehicle and select "find in config viewer"

2) double-click on the highlighted vehicle name in the list on the left side of the screen (probably need to scroll a bit)

3) now on the left side you should see more categories opened for the vehicle. one of which is "Damage". One click on damage to see the texture name on the right window.

Oh man u Made my Day! Will try it out after work this evening, this was one of my last problems. Now I will Release my first map in the next days then... Thnx a lot!!

• Like 1

Hi @haleks

I was looking inside Ravage.pbo in the lootlist.sqf and was wondering..

Their is the Mask (Mask_M50) that is not in the lootlist also the Oxygen Rebreather (V_02Tank) isn't their.

I know that I can add them but want to ask you why you didn't add them. I'm just curious to know.

Thank you in advance

We have been testing a dedicated Ravage server.

Fog is completely out of control on the server. I have the fog to start at 0% and the forecast is 0% as well. The fog is so thick we can't even walk around. You can't see another player that is 10 meters away. The fog won't seem to go away either.

Other than that... we have basically everything working exactly the way we want with loot, zombies, AI and other scripts added.

• Like 1

Hello all,

My Problem with the Ravage Mod:

I placed  the "Spawn Modul Ravage"  in Editor.  Now i want start the Zombie Spawn with a trigger( player arrive Trigger Area).  But it doesnt work :/

Trigger -Area:

Condition: vehicle player in thisList

when activated: A=true

open and change ...

Ravagne Spawn Modul:

Condition: A

Manny Thanks

• Like 1

@tom2e: use the following code in the condition field of the module :

(vehicle player) inArea myTrigger

But zombies will stop spawning once you leave the trigger.

Alternatively, you can use the trigger to define a variable, and then look for it with the module condition field :

trigger on activation :

myVariable = true

module condition :

!isNil 'myVriable' && 'myVariable'

The above checks if the variable exists and if it is equal to "true".

Untested, but it should work alright.

• Thanks 1

On 29/04/2018 at 11:08 AM, Donnie_Plays said:

We have been testing a dedicated Ravage server.

Fog is completely out of control on the server. I have the fog to start at 0% and the forecast is 0% as well. The fog is so thick we can't even walk around. You can't see another player that is 10 meters away. The fog won't seem to go away either.

Other than that... we have basically everything working exactly the way we want with loot, zombies, AI and other scripts added.

Problem with fog is that it doesn't behave the same on all terrains; try to adjust both fog decay and base level with fog maxed out until you're satisfied : Ravage won't touch those values, even with dynamic weather turned on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Folks,

just wanted to share my first map with you all. I worked on a few different Missions the last days, and this is finaly rdy to share i think. Im new to scripting and got much help from all of ya, so i wanna to thank you all, but especially Haleks for the great Ravage mod and Mr George Floros for his scripting skills and the help he gave me! So on here is the Mission:

Try it and tell me if u like it pls :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, CptStampede said:

just wanted to share my first map

Congratulations !

Thank you very mush CptStampede for the mission

and for using my GF SCRIPTS

• Like 2

I've been working on a Ruha Ravage mission too. I have streamed the process the last couple of nights as well. That map is GORGEOUS! Reminds me of Bornholm a little.

• Like 2

Someone asked a question on the wiki and it's a good one. Whilst one can add custom uniforms to zombies using the override in the ambient zombies module, they would like to be able to make the specific to a locale. Thus zombies in a lab would be wearing lab coats, zombies in a military base would be wearing military uniforms, etc. I'm struggling to think of a simple way of doing this. Does anyone have a suggestion?

• Like 1

Hello there To all Ravage Player !

For anyone who is interested , here are some news ,  for my Blood Stains Script , soon will be the release !

Spoiler

QGrKoCK1SvGCEHbeZpBVFg.png

info here:

Thanks !

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

Time for a lifting!

I am in the (painfull) process of revisiting the oldest parts of the Ravage machine, improving various areas and fixing a few noob mistakes (first release was 3 years ago, I was figuring out a lot of stuff ^^')...

A lot of background scripts were slowing everything down, especially when mission makers would use large spawn distances for zombies or AI. There should be a sensible performance boost for some of the heaviest missions.

I've put some work into the zombie attack/melee process too. As some of you know, I'm considering adding a melee system for players - that is not ready yet, but what I've done so far already improves zombie attacks (it's still WIP, mind you).

Also, some fixing were needed for those autonomous machines, here's the complete changelog :

v0.1.56
Tweaked :
Improved gore FX on zombie melee attacks.
Improved audio feedback when hit by a zombie.
Improved target range detection for zombies.
Vehicle patrols set to limited speed mode.
Major optimizations to most background scripts/functions.
Spawned UAVs are set to send targeting data.
Spawned UGVs are set to receive targeting data.
Spawned UGVs patrol radius adjusted to AIMinSpawnDistance.
Revised 'UAV protocol'.

Fixed :
Zeds are now correctly set as instigators of their attacks.
Spawned drones deletion radius adjusted to AIMaxSpawnDistance.

New :

Added a special "rvg_meleeAmmo" for future scripted melee system.

And yeah, surprise, I'm releasing Ravage on the Workshop too. But I strongly encourage everyone to discuss and report bugs here, on the BIS forum, where it's cozy and practical.

Download links :

googledrive-logo.png.jpg?itok=IzHJDtKm

workshop_logo.png

Enjoy everyone! \o/

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

Wooha, this mod is a large reason why I keep coming back!

Thanks for all the work Haleks!

Haleks, have you updated the signed file? We are getting an error with our server related to the signature.