@haleks

I realize that for the uniform and armor traders that you have, I can't seem to sell anything to them even a cap that i bought from them.

15 hours ago, The4thSurvivor said:

Hello everyone. Love this mod, its all i play now since i moved to a Rural area with no internet. :( Sucks but atleast this mod is awesome. 

I was wondering if its possible to increase the Vehicle Patrol car spawns in the Ambient AI. I tried the multiplier at the top with only the Vehicle Patrol on. And nothing. Just made the FPS drop because im assuming it was spawning other things? Idk i shut everything but the Vehicle Patrols off.

Another thing, in earlier versions, the loot module had different sections and what they were. Now its just separated by commas and i have no idea what each of them mean? Clothes/drinks/ammo.. etc they arent defined anymore. Any help on this?

it goes  Survival-Gear,Weapons,Ammo,Clothes,Packs I believe.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, behemeth said:

Hey all and thank you, Haleks, for this great mod!

I'm currently trying to build a SP mission with Ravage and try to exclude radiation zones for some regions of importance. I tried the "Safe Zone" with all kinds of different settings. It doesn't seem to work though - it doesn't stop radiation nor does it stop bandits from entering the zone. Is there anything special I'm missing or is there any other possibility to make a radiation free zone?

Hello behemeth, i got the same Problem yesterday. Try this guide from the wiki, it worked for me!

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_safe_zone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lv1234 said:

@haleks

I realize that for the uniform and armor traders that you have, I can't seem to sell anything to them even a cap that i bought from them.

Yeah the traders still need some love to work better, i just use the supply trader as an survival "Option". He works fine right now. The Others were still buggy last time i tested them.

6 hours ago, CptStampede said:

Hello behemeth, i got the same Problem yesterday. Try this guide from the wiki, it worked for me!

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_safe_zone

Hey CptStampede, thanks for the hint. Sadly, it doesn't help in my case. This is only making the player invulnerable if I understand it correctly. This doesn't help with the radiation. Also, I want to have manually placed hostile AI in the zone. For missions... so making the player invulnerable is no option anyways. I checked the ravage source code and the flag "exclude radiations" of the safe zone is in deed used in the functions... however, I don't really understand what it does and it doesn't seem to have the desired effect...

I'm one step further now. The safe zone is supposed to generate a vehicle called "LocationCamp_F". In the radiation zone placement the radiation zone is not placed if a "LocationCamp_F" would be within the radius of the radiation zone.

In createSafeZone.sqf, where _pos is the center of the SafeZone

if (_radSafe) then {
	_camp = createVehicle ["LocationCamp_F", _pos, [], 0, "NONE"];
};

In radMap.sqf, which creates the radiation zones, where a random check is done and a check whether the SafeZone is within the radius of the radiation zone. If there was a safe zone in the radius the radiation zone would not be placed

if ((random 100) < 20 && {(position _x nearObjects ["LocationCamp_F",700]) isEqualTo []}) then {
		_pos = [position _x, 300, 600, 1, 0, 350, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
		radMap pushBack [_pos, 700];
	};

I encounter 2 problems:

1) Possibly a bug: When checking in the mission there is no "LocationCamp_F" where the Safe Zone is placed, therefore the check in radMap.sqf won't find anything and place the radZone.

2) A logic problem: When I place the safe zone, I want to have the extend of the zone (safe zone radius) to be free of radiation. However when using the check in the radiation placement, I'd only ensure that there is no overlap between the center of the safezone and the radiation zone. The region between the safe zone center and the radiation zone center is still possible to be part of the radiation zone

Edited by behemeth

On 17.4.2018 at 4:17 AM, lv1234 said:

hmm the code returns with the error for the forcceadduniform and something with the removeall commands

Are you positive this code works as you had it? So far I'm getting an error relating to the "this" statements

Did you test it on dedi server?  I just fired up aforementioned mission of mine and at each respawn in the same session, thrice in a row, it worked as intended.  What error exactly do you get? I don't see it in my game. 

Hi guys, sorry for the late replies - I've been away this week.

On 17/04/2018 at 3:32 AM, Slay No More said:

How would you increase the melee damage? It's a bit low for my taste currently, going against guys with guns it takes like 10 hits.

You can change the following line and increase the velocity as you see fit :

_bullet setVelocity (_vector vectorMultiply 15);

On 17/04/2018 at 8:44 PM, behemeth said:

Hey all and thank you, Haleks, for this great mod!

I'm currently trying to build a SP mission with Ravage and try to exclude radiation zones for some regions of importance. I tried the "Safe Zone" with all kinds of different settings. It doesn't seem to work though - it doesn't stop radiation nor does it stop bandits from entering the zone. Is there anything special I'm missing or is there any other possibility to make a radiation free zone?

The Safe Zone module isn't really working at the moment, sorry for that. :/

But you can find the "LocationCamp" gamelogic in Eden editor and place it manually - it will work the same regarding radiation safe zones.

As for bandits, you could use the "condition" entry in the module to prevent them from spawning near locations :

player distance someLocation < 1000

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, haleks said:

Hi guys, sorry for the late replies - I've been away this week.

You can change the following line and increase the velocity as you see fit :

_bullet setVelocity (_vector vectorMultiply 15);

Thanks for the response, love ravage, it's all I do when I get home, tweak the mission and check for updates lmao. And I tried tweaking that last time, perhaps I didn't test it enough, thanks for the response.

• Like 2

Hello, I have a question,

How I can add safezone to blacklist for loot spawn and furniture spawn?

On 4/18/2018 at 4:59 PM, tourist said:

Did you test it on dedi server?  I just fired up aforementioned mission of mine and at each respawn in the same session, thrice in a row, it worked as intended.  What error exactly do you get? I don't see it in my game. 

Wait so all the script does is remove all your stuff including uniform on death and puts them on the ground? Then you would have to come and get those items?

Hi Haleks,

Tried v1.55 after some longer time not playing ravage and I think zombie module type setting is broken. Set to walkers only and still getting fast running Zeds. Am I missing something? 

Still awesome and ubeatable SP experience like your A2 Dayz SP stuff.

BTW possible to disable breath fog when player wear any gas mask?

39 minutes ago, ataribaby said:

Hi Haleks,

Tried v1.55 after some longer time not playing ravage and I think zombie module type setting is broken. Set to walkers only and still getting fast running Zeds. Am I missing something? 

It's possible what you are experiencing are not runners but bolters,who spawn with walkers but you can change the default ratio to 0.And the breath fog can also be disabled via  module

Ahh thanks miasdad, totally forgot about bolters. 

I know I can disable breathfog via module. I mean add litte script to disable fog if you wear any gas mask.

5 hours ago, ataribaby said:

Hi Haleks,

you want to se it to walkers only then lower the Bolter% to zero

Got it. Seems to work now. Only walkers now. Thanks both.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 5:33 AM, jimbojones said:

Ravage does have a module that will allow persistent saving of the player itself.  Are you asking about saving vehicles and crates when restarting a server?

Exactly, vehicles, gear in tents and storage etc .. 

On 3/15/2018 at 10:49 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

Theres a setting in one of the mission modules that enables missions to be saved.

For example when i either host my mission, or put it on my server, then leave the server, then rejoin, i will be back exactly at the same spot, with the gear,

and weapons i had acquired during my play.

One of the best features for this type of gameplay, after spending hours scavenging for loot, dodging and killing zombies and bandits, the last thing you want to do is start over,

so Master Haleks implemented that into the mod, all you need to do if your creating a mission is place the Save System module, and make sure the MP Persistancy

on the bottom says yes, the mod will do the rest! ;) Best played when you host through Lan and on a server.

Btw Welcome to Bis forums, and Ravage thread!

Actually i did see that, I was more looking for global save system so tents vehicles and server restarts etc.. Kind of how dayz mod was back in the day.

9 hours ago, AggrOnline said:

I was more looking for global save system so tents vehicles and server restarts etc.. Kind of how dayz mod was back in the day.

DayZ relied on an external database for that function. Haleks' save system is clever in that it doesn't depend on anything external, but at the expense of vehicles, tents, etc.

iniDBI2 is a server mod that stores everything in ini files rather than use a database. It's quite an interesting way around the hassles of running a database, but you'd have to do a fair bit of work to make it play nice with Ravage.
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29823

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Ravagers!

I have a small update for you guys coming soon :

Tweaked :
Improved gore FX on zombie melee attacks.

Improved audio feedback when hit by a zombie.
Improved target range detection for zombies.
Vehicle patrols set to limited speed mode.
Major optimizations to most background scripts/functions.

Fixed :
Zeds are now correctly set as instigators of their attacks.

New :
Added a special "melee ammo" for scripted melee system.

I am currently reviewing and tweaking some of the oldest code bits in Ravage - the beast is almost 3 years old already, and it begins to feel rusty in some places. Expect a significant performance boost with the next update, especially for missions involving large spawn radius for zombies and AI survivors! cigare.gif

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I'm really excited to tell my friends here about this new mission I have finally finished.

BREAKING POINT - THE LAST SURVIVOR (Sandbox with the Ravage mod)

The mission uses elements of both the BREAKING POINT mod and RAVAGE. It is a survival sandbox that has no end game other than to survive. You can play as either a Ranger, Nomad or Survivalist. This mission includes all the Breaking Point weapons (no melee yet) and JSRS sounds, the New Haven map as well as several other elements of the Breaking Point mod. Ravage is the glue that keeps it all together! I will continue to add to this with time.

• Like 7

Thanks Donnie, I will play this. Your BPA mod, is it available outside the workshop scope?

I had some warmest feelings about the DayZ Mod past (we had a good time, did we?) and installed ArmA 2 again. Because I am not able to recreate the old feelings with ArmA 3, no matter if I change coloring or use DayZ music etc. etc...

I was surprised it was so easy. And more surprised there is no problem with BattlEye, because it is a service, I was expecting a conflict which did not happen. Not sure why. But what I want to say is, it is soooo easy. Install A2 and A2OA, then DayZ Mod also from Steam. Start A2/OA once. Done! I remember installation problems with DLCs but now this was really easy. Not many servers are crowded, but e.g. there were 40 players on some UK420 server in the european afternoon, which is not bad.

Some tuning, keybind change, less head box and no aiming zone, ready to play! The slow look zoom and the not so direct freelook is a bit strange, but overall, the controls were not too different.

And the nostalgic feelings, guys :) Listened to the A2 Chernarus Anthem while on my way to work and felt good.

So when we live in a retirement home, will we talk about the 2010+ era, where we played ArmA? Haha, probably nobody cares. Because at my age (46), there are not many gamers (who identify as gamers), and of course less ArmA players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tortuosit said:

Thanks Donnie, I will play this. Your BPA mod, is it available outside the workshop scope?

I'm not uploading it to armaholic or anything like that. BPA is just a modded, trimmed down version of Breaking Point, except I removed all the maps (minus New Haven) and basically removed a bunch of things to make the weapons, clothing, gear and items useable in a mission for Arma. I didn't sign the files because I didn't create them, although I did get permission from Deathly to use everything. The Breaking Point mod was released under an Arma public share license, so we can use anything we want from the mod as long as it stays in Arma.

There were two things I couldn't figure out but tried like crazy. I couldn't get the Breaking Point inventory UI to replace the default Arma UI. I'm still trying to figure out how to implement the melee weapons as well. Just can't seem to get them to show up. If anyone can help with this, please shoot me a message.

7 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I'm really excited to tell my friends here about this new mission I have finally finished.

BREAKING POINT - THE LAST SURVIVOR (Sandbox with the Ravage mod)

The mission uses elements of both the BREAKING POINT mod and RAVAGE. It is a survival sandbox that has no end game other than to survive. You can play as either a Ranger, Nomad or Survivalist. This mission includes all the Breaking Point weapons (no melee yet) and JSRS sounds, the New Haven map as well as several other elements of the Breaking Point mod. Ravage is the glue that keeps it all together! I will continue to add to this with time.

Thnx a lot for upping this, will try it out after work today! This looks really interesting! Is this MP compatible?

Im also wondering, is there any Ravage MP server out there? I cant find one to play on...

• Like 1