Hello to all Ravage Players!

For the mission makers of Ravage ,

i have create a  Custom Loot Position Spawn Script ,

to spawn your Loot items in your desired position.

Here is a pic:

-3eTViPVQ1yVE23c4UquUA.png

For more info:

Thanks Everyone !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Oh my god, I was just thinking about such a script only a couple of hours ago! How the heck did you read my mind? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ContheJon said:

did you read my mind? :D

It's needed to place your loot to special places - positions etc and you can customise this as you like .

You have just to copy - paste in your desired position.

• Like 1

Need to add these scripts and such for ravage to the wikia, everything related to ravage in one place, prevents having to search for it.

@kodabar would you add them, suggest creating a section called scripts, and put all scripts there, scripts with scripts, code with code.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Need to add these scripts and such for ravage to the wikia,

Hello there Gunter Severloh !

I have to add them , this time on my own , because i have requested two times already from @kodabar to do the job.!  :f:

I have also create a compilation list of my scripts , as requested and more of them would be useful for Ravage .

I wii add them soon and thanks everyone again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Need to add these scripts and such for ravage to the wikia, everything related to ravage in one place, prevents having to search for it.

@kodabar would you add them, suggest creating a section called scripts, and put all scripts there, scripts with scripts, code with code.

I've been adding everything to the Editing section. But I really think that bit could do with a major reorganisation. But finding the time to do it is another story...

I added George's last two scripts in there and I see he's going to add this one himself, for which I'm very grateful.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have a couple of quick questions that I'm hoping the smart guys here can answer.

1. Some was asking how to add radiation to a player. They're making a Stalker-type mission and they'd like to add radiation to a character when they enter a particular zone. Can anyone suggest how to do this?
2. How can one add money to a player, in a multiplayer scenario? The idea is to reward people with money for a zombie kill. For single player, this is pretty straightforward, but for multiplayer, I'm thinking you can just add stuff to the 'player', like this

player addItemToUniform "rvg_money";

• Like 2

@kodabar I don't know about your second question I'm afraid, but for your first, are they asking about making a particular area radioactive (i.e, a military base, crash site, city, etc) or scripting so that the player gets radiation directly?

1 minute ago, ContheJon said:

@kodabar are they asking about making a particular area radioactive (i.e, a military base, crash site, city, etc) or scripting so that the player gets radiation directly?

Yes. So when they enter an area, they get a dose of radiation directly. I presume it's a case of just adding a number to the radiation variable, but I don't know what the variable is called.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kodabar said:

Yes. So when they enter an area, they get a dose of radiation directly. I presume it's a case of just adding a number to the radiation variable, but I don't know what the variable is called.

The best way is to use the following :

player setVariable ["_radToProcess", 1000]

Use negative values to remove radiation (that's how antirads actually work), the max rad level is 10000.

It will also work with protective gear, meaning that well protected players will receive less than 1000 "rads".

If you need a more direct approach, not bothering with protection ar anything, you can use the following method :

_radiation = player getVariable ["radiation", 0];
_radToAdd = 100;
player setVariable ["radiation", ((_radiation + _radToAdd) min 10000) max 0];

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's what should be the final changelog for the next update, TBR in a couple days :

Tweaked :
Improved and optimized rabbits behaviour.
The Dynamic Weather system no longer overrides mission fog parameters.
Added car variants from the Tanks DLC.
"Running with lowered rifle" animation for players replaced with the AI variant.

Fixed :
A deprecated version of the Tanoa Demo was packed in the previous update.
Spawned NPCs failling to crew their assigned vehicle.
The ambient zed spawn system could stop working in MP after some time.*
Ravage is now compatible with grenades from 3rd party addons (thanks to [SEN]Baraban!).

New :
Mission makers can define custom lists for ambient vehicles and wrecks.
Mission makers can define custom vehicles list for ambient AI patrols.
Added a custom "Launchers" setting to the Gear Pool module.
Added tracks from the Tacops DLC to the ambiant music system.

* the way spawned zombies were counted across clients in MP was needlessly complicated, and could lead to failed checks causing the ambient spawner to stop (the only fix was to reboot the server at this point).

That should no longer be the case now, the amount of data generated and shared on the network has also been reduced.

Ravage 155 will be available around the release of the Tanks DLC.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, kodabar said:

I added George's last two scripts in there and I see he's going to add this one himself, for which I'm very grateful.

Thank you very much kodabar !

• Like 1

Anyone have an idea what would cause this bug... I have someone who claims that starting a new character profile, verifying integrity of game cache, reinstalling the four required mods (Ravage, CBA, CUP Terrains Core, Chernarus Redux) would not fix the problem? I'm going to look at respawns on the mission. Could there be a conflict with respawns and triggers? I can't reproduce this bug on my end. The same person has reported this bug twice. I had one person say that it happened one time but after a restart it did not reoccur.

A problem I'm running into is that when respawning, either from death or manually, it spawns me in, I cannot move, fire, or interact in any fashion, then after 4-5 seconds the character will jump right to left rapidly, 10-12 times a second, then I'll be teleported to the far southwestern corner of the map, under water, and die, triggering the whole loop to start again. The first 2-3 respawns a fresh restart, will work as intended, then the error begins. If I close out of the game, back to the ARMA main screen, or out of game entirely, and log back in, I will spawn 50 feet up, fall to my death, and the respawn/teleport chain begins immediately.

The question goes first to Haleks.

I will propose ,

if we should  create here , also a Ravage Club ?

https://forums.bohemia.net/clubs/

From my view , it would probably help more , to sort of everything listed for Ravage mod.

Or the Ravage Wikia and the topic , are considered already enough?

Thanks!

• Like 5

I just tested the zombies dropping items scripts. I could not get either to work. Tried both init.sqf and the event handler in the zombie module.

3 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I just tested the zombies dropping items scripts. I could not get either to work. Tried both init.sqf and the event handler in the zombie module.

You definitely want to do it as a init.sqf I don't believe you need to use the event handler in the zombie module in this case have you tried the one posted on ravage wikia it worked for me. http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Tools_for_Mission_Makers#How_to_make_zombies_drop_inventory_items 

23 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

The question goes first to Haleks.

I will propose ,

if we should  create here , also a Ravage Club ?

ill join you instant :)

• Thanks 1

@Gil... that's the one I used. The one from the Ravage wiki. Copy and pasted straight to my init.sqf. When that didn't work, I tried the other way in the zombie module and it did not work either.

15 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I just tested the zombies dropping items scripts. I could not get either to work.

Hello there Donnie_Plays !

This is a complete one  script , the very same code from Wiki.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 5:47 PM, kodabar said:

2. How can one add money to a player, in a multiplayer scenario? The idea is to reward people with money for a zombie kill. For single player, this is pretty straightforward, but for multiplayer, I'm thinking you can just add stuff to the 'player', like this

player addItemToUniform "rvg_money";

You can add to the enemy , anything you want to be dropped or carried in uniform or vest etc,

or even add a vest , or map , nvg's , money or anything you want . ( zombies with magazines )

GF Drop Loot Script

as i post above.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

@Gil... that's the one I used. The one from the Ravage wiki. Copy and pasted straight to my init.sqf. When that didn't work, I tried the other way in the zombie module and it did not work either.

Dang hopefully you get it figured out also are you using multiple scripts if so you may want to rearrange what you have in your Init.sqf that may solve the problem. This little script (player addItemToUniform "rvg_money"; ) is best used in single player as it adds banknotes directly to your inventory when you kill a zombie if used in multiplayer i believe each player would receive a bank note no matter who killed the zombie.

@haleks is there any way we could enable the ambient voice chatter on manually placed survivors?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

@haleks is there any way we could enable the ambient voice chatter on manually placed survivors?

Yep.

execVM "\ravage\code\scripts\mission\ambientChat.sqf";//init system if not enabled from module
(group _myUnit) spawn rvg_fnc_ambientChat;

Enjoy. ;)

• Thanks 4

Found this fascinating video that goes into the Cordyceps fungus more using actual research and examples from the Last of us game.

The starting story of the white plague seen on Ravage's Wikia seen here http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Story_and_background

Heres the vid

Just an idea for the zombies, im wondering if like the video we can make the zombies a bit more blind or not see as good unless your close to them

so being within a certain range of them, they can see you, but once you exceed that range they are more dependent on their hearing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2