9 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Ok so it looks like my Esseker mission has startled its first victim player >:D

This player also noticed a bug, and I think it may have been reported before but I'm not sure. You can take items out of a traders backpack and place them on the ground without them getting hostile. Just posting this here in case anyone else manages to replicate it. If not, it's possibly an issue on my end and if so, I'm sorry for the false alarm.

Hi ! I find this help for mission makers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 03/04/2018 at 2:28 AM, Donnie_Plays said:

Hello everyone.

Is it possible to make the roaming AI attack placed, playable civilian units?

The only way (well no, not the only way, but it gets more complicated) to do that is to use setFriend :

Resistance setFriend [civilian, 0];
East setFriend [civilian, 0];

But you might observe weird behaviours such as AI shooting at empty vehicles (although I haven't observed this in Arma3 recently), or at poor, innocent animals (wich is definitely cool).

By the way, small update to the changelog for the next update :

Tweaked :
Improved and optimized rabbits behaviour.
The Dynamic Weather system no longer overrides mission fog parameters.
Added car variants from the Tanks DLC.

Fixed :
A deprecated version of the Tanoa Demo was packed in the previous update.
Spawned NPCs failling to crew their assigned vehicle.

New :
Mission makers can define custom lists for ambient vehicles and wrecks.
Mission makers can define custom vehicles list for ambient AI patrols.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Hello to all Ravage Players!

In some previous pages i had post the

Ravage Status Bar GF script

Here is a quick fix for SP Score !

Just now, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Hello there piptpipt !

6 hours ago, piptpipt said:

On your Ravage Status Bar you have the TIME and GRID how did you get this, is it possible to change the kill score from MP to SP in the script and would it work as i only play SP

I am about ,

to release a vanilla version of the  Ravage Status Bar GF Script  so this is a spoiler actually!

So for   SP Score  in your script you have to edit this in your script:

//________________ IMPORTANT ! edit your selection for MP or SP score ________________
_Kills = score player; //Returns the person's score in MP. 
_count_dead = format ["%1 ",count allDeadMen];//Returns the person's score in SP. 

and put your selection below in the parseText format also :

_Kills  for  MP Score  or  _count_dead  for  SP Score

For the other stuff , like : TIME and GRID etc , you can wait for the Vanilla Status Bar version!

Thanks!

Thanks!

• Like 3

To revisit my earlier question, anyone else getting errors with multiplayer characters not saving even though they said they were?

Hello to all again,

Still got problems with the Arms trader. He wont buy weapons from backpacks. If i try to sell one (tested with just Vanilla weapons) the weapons stays at the backpack but the character get the money. This is good for cheating but Not good for the economie i think ? and I dont know how to find out where this error comes from. I tested my map with a friend and He got the Same Problem. Even if i take a premade ravage map from steam for example i still got the Same Problem so i dont think that my mission is buggy...

Would be nice if anyone Can Help me!

THNX!

@CptStampede The only workaround I know of, I think, is to hold the weapon you want to sell in your hands first, sell it off and then it'll actually go to the trader. I'm not sure if there's a fix for it or not, but hopefully that workaround will help a bit!

53 minutes ago, ContheJon said:

@CptStampede The only workaround I know of, I think, is to hold the weapon you want to sell in your hands first, sell it off and then it'll actually go to the trader. I'm not sure if there's a fix for it or not, but hopefully that workaround will help a bit!

Thank u very much for the answer ContheJon, yeah i already know how it "works"! But i thought this is just my problem... So this is a known Bug in the Mod?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CptStampede said:

So this is a known Bug in the Mod?

Yes. The current trade system is wonky and prone to cause such issues. I plan on writting another one at some point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oh thnx, i thought its a Problem of my map... Btw haleks: thnx for this very nice mod! Keep on the good work ;-)

Ill remove the Arms Trader. Maybe this is even better for the survival feeling

• Like 1

Hi Haleks,

Not sure if someone's already mentioned this, but in the Ravage.pbo config if you add += after muzzles [] in the Throw: GrenadeLauncher class, it will 'add to' rather than 'overwrite' the base class and will let you use all the RHS grenades (or grenades from any other mod) along with Ravage's red flares perfectly.

i.e.

class CfgWeapons
{
	class Default;
	class GrenadeLauncher: Default
	{
	};
	class Throw: GrenadeLauncher
	{
		muzzles[]+=
		{
			"HandGrenade_Stone",
			"HandGrenadeMuzzle",
			"MiniGrenadeMuzzle",
			"SmokeShellMuzzle",
			"SmokeShellYellowMuzzle",
			"SmokeShellGreenMuzzle",
			"SmokeShellRedMuzzle",
			"SmokeShellPurpleMuzzle",
			"SmokeShellOrangeMuzzle",
			"SmokeShellBlueMuzzle",
			"ChemlightGreenMuzzle",
			"ChemlightRedMuzzle",
			"ChemlightYellowMuzzle",
			"ChemlightBlueMuzzle",
			"rvg_throw_Muzzle"
		};
		class ThrowMuzzle: GrenadeLauncher
		{
		};
		class rvg_throw_Muzzle: ThrowMuzzle
		{
			magazines[]=
			{
				"rvg_flare"
			};
		};
	};

Just finished testing it out after adding those changes and it works fine now, I can finally use those russian RGN impact grenades from RHS 'etc'.

All the best,

Baraban.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

@[SEN]Baraban: Oh man, thank you so much for the tip! I had no idea that was even possible! ohmy2.png

I think you made a lot of Ravage players very happy. ^^

• Like 3

No worries man! I actually only discovered it myself a few nights ago by accident while helping one of my colleagues with his own config. So it was obviously meant to be! Hehehe. ;)

• Like 1

Oh dang, nice one [SEN]Baraban! I might have to use that myself, thank you!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ContheJon said:

@Gill93 Oooh, nice! When I download the CUP stuff again, I'll need to give it a play

Sounds good. (:

• Like 1

Heh, just recently found out that I can attach glowsticks to myself by double clicking them. Had no idea I could do this, spent all this time throwing them around instead  :face_palm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, Donnie_Plays said:

Hello everyone.

I will mess around a bit and see what happens should be possible

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, Donnie_Plays said:

Hello everyone.

So I think I found a simple way to do this you will want to place a civilian Unit then paste this code into the units Init Field. (this addRating -10000;) I tested it a bit and it seems to work if you have any issues or need more help just ask o9r visit this page as it may help you more then I can. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Side_relations

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gill93 said:

So I think I found a simple way to do this you will want to place a civilian Unit then paste this code into the units Init Field. (this addRating -10000;) I tested it a bit and it seems to work if you have any issues or need more help just ask o9r visit this page as it may help you more then I can. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Side_relations

Ok so to test it further I created a bandit camp and entered the trigger zone as a civilian unit and they shot me down also tested it by placing one unit of each class and they were all hostile towards Civilian Player unit.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Heh, just recently found out that I can attach glowsticks to myself by double clicking them. Had no idea I could do this, spent all this time throwing them around instead  :face_palm:

I don't know if you realise, but you can also do this in the game. Give it a try!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I'm getting a bug report... I have seen this report before. Not sure what is causing it. I told the player to delete their MP Ravage character save or try to create a new character and they said they tried both and still having the problem.

A problem I'm running into is that when respawning, either from death or manually, it spawns me in, I cannot move, fire, or interact in any fashion, then after 4-5 seconds the character will jump right to left rapidly, 10-12 times a second, then I'll be teleported to the far southwestern corner of the map, under water, and die, triggering the whole loop to start again

@Gill... thank you for the info. I have actually fixed the problem I had by making due with my options and just using blufor instead of civilian.

The only flaw to the system I see you are implementing, is you get points for killing AI, so your score will eventually start to rise back toward 0 eventually. If there is a specific number or threshold required for this to work it may stop when you reach a certain score.

• Like 1