6 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

i can share my onplayerrespawn.sqf once i get to my pc  if still needed.

Yes, I would appreciate that, thanks.

@haleks, have you thought about having localized ambient zombie/raider systems? It's like the "safe zone" system but the opposite of it. It lets you put in ambient zombies only within a certain radius. The idea would be to have a mission with a safe-ish countryside, but have zombies in towns. Or have raiders only within a few kms of a military base.

• Like 2

@tosbalok here we go:

1.create a .txt document and rename it to "onPlayerRespawn.sqf" and save it in your mission folder.

2. copy and paste the script from below spoiler into the "onPlayerRespawn.sqf" file.

Note: the weapons are from the CUP mod and some of the gear might as well, maybe replace with your mods of choice to make sure the script works.

Spoiler

//create an .sqf file named "onPlayerRespawn.sqf" and save it in your mission folder
//
// add or remove classnames in the below arrays, you can customise your arrays and add new ones. keep item classnames under items, weapons under weapons and so on...
//general items
_ItemArray = [
//common: list common items multiple times here to decrease chance of rare weaps to drop"V_BandollierB_blk",
"rvg_plasticBottleEmpty",
"rvg_canteenEmpty",
"rvg_canOpener",
"rvg_plasticBottle",
"rvg_spirit",
"rvg_franta",
"rvg_beans",
"rvg_bacon",
"rvg_milk",
"rvg_rice",
"rvg_hose",
"rvg_guttingKnife",
"rvg_purificationTablets",
"rvg_flare",
"rvg_rustyCanEmpty",
"rvg_beansEmpty",
"rvg_baconEmpty",
"rvg_spiritEmpty",
"rvg_frantaEmpty",
"rvg_rustyCanEmpty",
"rvg_beansEmpty",
"rvg_baconEmpty",
"rvg_spiritEmpty",
"rvg_frantaEmpty",
"rvg_matches",
"rvg_canisterFuel_Empty",
"rvg_docFolder",
"rvg_antiRad",
"rvg_notepad",
"rvg_docFolder" // the last item in the array needs no comma ","!!
//rare list rare items only once below here
];

//specific item i want the player to spawn with
_ItemArray2 = [
"FirstAidKit"
];

//weapons
_weaponArray = [
//common: list common items multiple times here to decrease chance of rare weaps to drop
"CUP_hgun_Makarov",
"CUP_hgun_TaurusTracker455",
"CUP_hgun_Colt1911"
//rare list rare items only once below here
];
//gear
_headgearArray = ["H_Booniehat_mcamo"]; // add headgear here
_gogglesArray = ["G_LIB_Scarf_G"]; // add goggles here
_uniformArray = ["U_CombatOutdoor_C","U_CivilianTShirt_C","U_Coveralls_C","U_C_WorkerCoverallsBandit","CUP_U_I_GUE_Anorak_01"]; // add uniforms here
_vestArray = ["V_PlateCarrierSpec_blk","V_Pouch_light_C","V_Pouch_light_B","V_Pouch_light_A"];// add vests here
_backpackArray = ["B_AssaultPack_rgr","B_HikingBag_F","B_Kitbag_B","B_Kitbag_C"];// add backpacks here

//the below will select a random item/weapon from the above arrays
_weapon = _weaponArray select (floor (random (count _weaponArray)));
_item = _itemArray select (floor (random (count _itemArray))); // to spawn a second slot for an item of _itemArray, copy paste this line and replace _item with _item2/_item3...and so on
_uniform = _uniformArray select (floor (random (count _uniformArray)));
_vest = _vestArray select (floor (random (count _vestArray)));
_headgear = _headgearArray select (floor (random (count _headgearArray)));
_goggles = _gogglesArray select (floor (random (count _gogglesArray)));
_backpack = _backpackArray select (floor (random (count _backpackArray)));
_FAK = _itemArray2 select (floor (random (count _itemArray2)));
_magazines = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "magazines"); //this will check what weapon was spawned and will select the correct magazine for it
_mag = _magazines select (floor (random (count _magazines))); //this will check what weapon was spawned and will select the correct magazine for it

//the below removes any gear the unit is wearing
removeAllWeapons player;
removeAllItems player;
removeAllAssignedItems player;
removeUniform player;
removeVest player;
removeBackpack player;
removeHeadgear player;
removeGoggles player;

// here the gear is added
player forceAddUniform _uniform; //adds the random uniform
for "_i" from 1 to 2 do {player addItemToUniform _mag;}; //adds the magazine that is matching the randomly spawned weapon into the players uniform (you could also add to vest/backpack (e.g. additemtovest), but only use that if a vest or backpack is spawned 100%.)
for "_i" from 1 to 1 do {player addItemToUniform _FAK;}; //adds an item, in this case, _FAK refers to the first aid kit that i want to spawn every time into the players uniform
player addWeapon _weapon; // adds the random weapon
for "_i" from 1 to 1 do {player addItemToUniform _item;}; // adds one random item to the uniform, in this case random ravage items
if(20>=random 100) then{ //20% chance to add a vest, change the first value to adjust rarity
player addVest _vest;}; //adds a vest
if(10>=random 100) then{//10% chance to add a vest, change the first value to adjust rarity
player addBackpack _backpack;};
if(30>=random 100) then{ //same same
player addHeadgear _headgear;};
if(30>=random 100) then{//same same
player addGoggles _goggles;}

enjoy=)

• Thanks 1

Hello to all Ravage Players!

Ravage Status Bar GF script

This is how finally looks!

UibncpUUTGG4edHMQaJ_dg.png

it will be available this weekend

1.Players in the server

2.Health

3.Hydration

4.Nutrition

5.Direction

6.Kills

7.Money

8.Radiation

9.FPS

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

copy and paste the script from below spoiler into the "onPlayerRespawn.sqf" file.

Very cool. Thank you.

Do you have any advice on triggered bandit camps? I've got the basic one from the documentation working (six guys around a campfire). And I added an ammo box to it. I'd like to do at least the following two things: (1) set up the spawn condition so that there's perhaps a 33% chance of it actually spawning, instead of 100%. (2) I'd like to have the loot in the camp randomized like the way you randomized the player's inventory.

@tosbalok Welcome;)

I made this dynamic bandit camp spawner, all those features are in there, feel free to use it or pick out the code you need for your own script:

I use the following code to adjust the chance of something to spawn:

if (30 > random 100) then {ENTER YOUR CODE BETWEEN THESE BRACKETS};

This should give your code a 30% chance to execute.

I hope this helps=)

cheers

vandeanson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ravage Status Bar GF script

w5FRKHgWQ-WHNbJcMebz0A.png

Thank you Guys!

(and sorry for braking your Balls!!)

5H8W4BilQemSY50e42WqNA.png

On 26/3/2018 at 1:48 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is the ravage multiplayer giving anyone else trouble in terms of the persistence? It says a new Ravage save is created but nothing in the character manager. Nor does our positions/info get saved. 

I've updated my mission! It should be more meaty, with a little more content for you guys to sink your teeth into if you're interested. I've also made my first little journey into the world of triggers, so there should be a nice little surprise for you guys when you find it ;)

I was having some framerate issues I hadn't had before in prior tests that may or may not have something to do with a mod or a script on my end. If anyone suffers a consistent, non-stopping stutter, please let me know here or on Steam. By the looks of it, I think it's on my end which is fine. I'm more worried about other people not being able to play it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1155398137

• Like 2

I have an error that I can reliably reproduce. Can someone here please confirm, and direct me to the best place to report it?

Arma 3 Apex edition (with its various DLC, like helicopters and marksmen) plus the Malden DLC.

Start Arma with only these two mods:

• Ravage version: 0.1.54
  • CBA version 3.6.1

Start Eden, load Tanoa. Place a Rifleman anywhere.

Add the system: Ravage - Settings. Leave default options.
Add the system: Ravage - Loot system. Set "Arma3 Apex structures" = Yes

Export to single player. Exit Eden. Load the scenario. The map screen loads. Click continue.

At this point, Arma crashes. I get: "The instruction at 0x014f9a97 referenced memory at 0xffffffff"

Note 1: this also happens on other maps, but since the "apex structures" setting is a requirement, I figured I'd just demonstrate the error on Tanoa. 

Note 2: setting the first option: "Arma 3 structures" = No does not fix the problem. If "Arma 3 Apex structures" is set to "yes" the game crashes.

• Like 1

@tosbalok Oh hey, it's that freaking memory crash that plagued me for months! Assuming it is the same memory crash that I had (because it sounds almost exactly like how mine happens apart from the structures options).

A couple of suggestions from me that have worked on my end. Load up the scenario in the editor first, playtest it by just loading it up and walking around with your character, then exit and load the scenario from the scenario menu. Now if that doesn't work, you could also navigate to your saved game folder. For some bizarre reason, I get a memory crash because of the save folders. Just look for the save folder with your mission's name on it and delete. Don't delete the one with the mission actually in it, just the save folders located at Arma 3 - Other Profiles and the folders Saved and UserSaved, even if they're both empty folders.

After I do that, I load it up in the editor again, but I don't playtest it I just load the Eden editor and then the mission, exit then load up the scenario. After that, it should play. I have no idea what's causing the out of memory error, I've been told it's my machine at one point but I'm certain it isn't.

10 hours ago, tosbalok said:

I have an error that I can reliably reproduce. Can someone here please confirm, and direct me to the best place to report it?

Add the system: Ravage - Settings. Leave default options.
Export to single player. Exit Eden. Load the scenario. The map screen loads. Click continue.

At this point, Arma crashes. I get: "The instruction at 0x014f9a97 referenced memory at 0xffffffff"

I have the exact same problem. If the Ravage Settings module is placed, then the game will crash when loading a single player mission file. Noticeably, it doesn't crash when testing in the editor, only when a mission file is exported and then played. I've never been able to figure out the cause of it. This has persisted after reinstalling Windows. And I know of several other people it happens for as well. I'm going to try ContheJon's suggestion and see if that helps.

• Like 1

Ah, so it's Ravage Settings module! Thanks for telling us Kodabar, I was starting to wonder if it was CBA not playing well with something or even just an Arma issue.

Hopefully my method worked, but you can try doing it in various ways. I can say with complete certainty that it does work, it's just a pain in the ass getting it to work is all. After that though, saving and reloading offers no problems, for me at least.

1 hour ago, ContheJon said:

Ah, so it's Ravage Settings module!

Would you mind taking a moment to try to confirm what I posted above? Specifically, the loot system with "apex structures" = NO results in the game not crashing even though the settings module is still present

Hello to all Ravage Players!

In some previous pages i had post a code for the enemies to drop loot.

also in: (but not updated!)

- Ravage Wikia http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Tools_for_Mission_Makers

Now ,

there is a more exclusive script for this:

Drop Loot GF script

Enemies , will drop items or add to their inventory , when killed

-xPRrnSmTXWc1BWabTWRWg.png

sBU1wDd0TsO0K4FklVf43g.png

for more info:

Thank you Guys!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kodabar said:

I have the exact same problem. If the Ravage Settings module is placed, then the game will crash when loading a single player mission file. Noticeably, it doesn't crash when testing in the editor, only when a mission file is exported and then played. I've never been able to figure out the cause of it. This has persisted after reinstalling Windows. And I know of several other people it happens for as well. I'm going to try ContheJon's suggestion and see if that helps.

This only affects mission created and exported on your computer? I mean, the demo missions and/or missions from other creators do work, right?

Those memory crashes seem to affect specific configurations (I can't reproduce them on my end), so knowing that a specific module can cause them could help BIS to pinpoint the actual problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, haleks said:

I can't reproduce them on my end

Did you try the procedure I outlined above?

@haleks If it helps, my mission uses all the RHS mods, Frith's Ruin, Essker and CUP Core. I personally use TPW's mod for ambient stuff mainly, but that's recent and I got the memory crashes before I started using it.

And I think you're right, it's mainly the mission creators who have the issues. I think maybe once or twice I got a complaint that it wasn't working in a similar fashion on someone's end, but since posting my recent mission on Steam, I haven't (fingers crossed) had any complaints about it. And considering it's Steam, if there was a problem I'd definitely know about it ;P

Okay, so I went into this a little more fully this time. I tried the same settings as tosbalok.

Apex buildings YES - crash

Spoiler

ioyRVxA.png

Open editor, select Tanoa, place rifleman, place Ravage settings module (default settings), place Ravage loot system (Apex buildings YES), save, export to single player, close editor, load scenario, get to map screen, hit continue, crash

Apex buildings NO - crash

Spoiler

qr1QupP.jpg

Open editor, select Tanoa, place rifleman, place Ravage settings module (default settings), place Ravage loot system (Apex buildings NO), save, export to single player, close editor, load scenario, get to map screen, hit continue, crash

I did also try ContheJon's suggestion of killing the save folders. Still crashed just the same.

For me, it always crashes if I use the Ravage Settings module. If I don't, it works fine. There's no problem with loading other people's missions. It only happens with missions I create on this PC. On my other PCs, I don't get this problem. I've always presumed it's something specific to my setup. I've got what is technically known as a nice-PC. i7 4790K, GTX 970, 32GB RAM, SSDs bloody everywhere. But I've got several oddities. It's water cooled. I use a graphics tablet - even for my mouse. Three monitors. I've got four tablets linked in at all times. Stuff like that.

I have heard from other people who experience the same crashes if they include the Ravage settings module, and only if they do that. I must suggest to them to try with Apex buildings turned off. Obviously because of the wiki and YouTube and stuff, I hear from a lot of Ravage users and the people getting the crashes are a tiny minority.

Bonus content for sticking with me this far. Radio programme I did about Baterz, an Australian musician.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, kodabar said:

Apex buildings NO - crash

Oh. Hmm. Interesting. I though I had narrowed the issue down, but maybe now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tosbalok said:

Oh. Hmm. Interesting. I though I had narrowed the issue down, but maybe now.

You are getting a slightly different crash error to me though. ArmA's just such a big, complicated, moddable game that there's a billion things that can go wrong. When I used to give people technical support for the ArmA 2 DaiZy, etc mods I talked to thousands and thousands of people. I swear I've seen more ArmA 2 error messages than anyone at Bohemia. And yet, there would always be one guy who would have a new error that I'd never seen before. I'm not so well-versed in ArmA 3 error messages and I've never bothered to narrow down exactly what causes my problem (I was hoping reinstalling Windows would fix it). I have to commend you for going the extra mile and nailing down a repeatable error condition - nice going!

Here's a changelog preview for the next update :

Tweaked :
Improved and optimized rabbits behaviour.
The Dynamic Weather system no longer overrides mission fog parameters.
Added car variants from the Tanks DLC.

Fixed :
A deprecated version of the Tanoa Demo was packed in the previous update.

New :
Mission makers can define custom lists for ambient vehicles and wrecks.

TBR soon.

• Like 10

@kodabar Dang, shame that save file killing didn't work for you! The weirdest thing is, it works wonders for me, but if it crashes after I delete the save files, loading up Arma 3 again and then playing the scenario seems to work. Arma 3 is both incredibly cool and incredibly weird/annoying at the same time, somehow. But I still love it lol

Looking forward to the new release Haleks! :D

• Like 3

3 hours ago, haleks said:

Here's a changelog preview for the next update :

TBR soon.

Awesome man

• Like 1

Ok so it looks like my Esseker mission has startled its first victim player >:D

This player also noticed a bug, and I think it may have been reported before but I'm not sure. You can take items out of a traders backpack and place them on the ground without them getting hostile. Just posting this here in case anyone else manages to replicate it. If not, it's possibly an issue on my end and if so, I'm sorry for the false alarm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone.

Is it possible to make the roaming AI attack placed, playable civilian units?