Hi people,
Im having issue with this update of Ravage regarding compatibility with that script that would allow Bandits and Renegades to use weapons from other mods (like HLC and NIARMS). I added my list of items (civilian, military and items pool) as usual (editing rvg_missions.pbo and adding the script at the end of init.sqf file), and Bandits/Renegades do not use those weapons. Does anyone know what's the problem because in Ravage 1.44 version it's working okay?

This is the script in question:

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
    {
    0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x;                    //pool for civilians weapons
    } 
forEach ["list of ordinary weapons' classnames here"];

{
    0 = rvg_Weapons pushBack _x;                           //pool military weapons
    }

forEach ["list of advanced weapons' classnames here"];
    {
    0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x;            // accessories 
    } 
forEach ["list of utility items classnames here"];

It is a Status Bar for Ravage mod.

It's almost done , because there was no time cause of my JOB , but it will be available soon.

gCcOa9kPRdu9VaGe0UJzpQ.png

1.Players in the server

2.Health

3.Hydration

4.Nutrition

5.Money

6.FPS

7.Radiation

8.Kills

9.Direction

• Like 10

5 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

It's almost done , because there was no time cause of my JOB , but it will be available soon.

1.Players in the server

2.Health

3.Hydration

4.Nutrition

5.Money

6.FPS

7.Radiation

8.Kills

9.Direction

Me wants!

• Thanks 1

Hey guys, im new to the Mod but im really loving it! I started with Arma game Series a few years ago, but because of the DayZ Mod. So now i think this Mod here is in better Conditions than DayZ itself...

But now my Question:

I got Problems at my Mission Setup. Everytime i try to sell a Weapon to a trader the weapon stays at the inventory and does not disappear. I always need to equip it to get it sold, but if it is just in my Backpack it wont get sold.

Any Solutions?

Mission Setup is just Arma 3 + Ravage + Blastcore  and no other additions

(Sorry for my bad English...)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CptStampede said:

Mission Setup is just Arma 3 + Ravage + Blastcore  and no other additions

What other mods are you running? As there could be a mod conflict. Also what weapons are you selling? As only certain mod weapons are supported.

Hey thnx for ur fast reply! No im just using arma Vanille ravage and blastcore tracer... I tried a bunch of Guns from Vanilla only, nothing happens. If the guns is inside of a backpack the dialog for "sold weapon for XX$" appears, my character gets the bucks but the guns stays at my backpack. If i use the gun in hands it get sold instantly without problems. I Made a starting loadout for the Player, to have a rifle at start. Maybe this causes the error?!

i got this in my Init.sqf for respawning the character in Multiplayer with the same Loadout as before, maybe this causes the conflict? Here are the Lines:

if (hasInterface) then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil {alive player};
        player setVariable ["loadout",getUnitLoadout player,false];
        player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {
            player setUnitLoadout (player getVariable "loadout");
        }];
    };
};

12 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

1.Players in the server

2.Health

3.Hydration

4.Nutrition

5.Money

6.FPS

7.Radiation

8.Kills

9.Direction

holy shit dude, nice. will test asap:)

• Thanks 1

@GEORGE FLOROS GR Wooooooow! That’s incredible. Nice work.

Just curious - the FPS counter. For us OCD’ers that’s, well, interesting. Would it be possible to make that optional or maybe you’d consider not including that? The rest really makes a lot of sense, but the FPS counter maybe is a bit immersion breaking and unnecessary info for when actually playing? Players on the server might fall into that unnecessary category too. I’m not judging, this is awesome. Just curious on your take or maybe something to chew on as you fine tune it.

Anyway, very sexy. Maybe Halek’s will include this directly because it looks great. Great job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where's the best place for a newbie to ask for general tips on surviving in Ravage? I'm just playing the included single-player mission (not sure what the difficulty settings are on that), but I'm having a lot of trouble with the zombies.

Back on page 1 of this thread, haleks says:

it is possible to play hide and seek with them - but keep in mind that shaking them off is more complex than just breaking line of sight, they will look for their last target if they loose it.

Can someone provide a more detailed procedure for that? Basically, my experience so far is that once a zombie is on my tail, I shoot him or I die. I haven't managed to shake one off yet.

Thanks.

20 hours ago, Lecter said:

Issue

Since you already are depbo-ing the mission, have you tried adding the weapons you want in the equipment module instead of the .sqf file?

Spoiler

fqVMM8u.png

2 hours ago, tosbalok said:

Where's the best place for a newbie to ask for general tips on surviving in Ravage?

You found it right here. :rthumb:

Can someone provide a more detailed procedure for that? Basically, my experience so far is that once a zombie is on my tail, I shoot him or I die. I haven't managed to shake one off yet.Thanks.

Learn to love Enhanced Movement, it's a great way to lose those zeds. :f:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

possible to make that optional

Hello there HeroesandvillainsOS!

Everything will be configurable and easy ,  to use this by your own needs .

In this line of information , you will be able to make your changes ,

to exclude , change the icons , the row and generally modify this , as you want.

For now i am running some tests and checking some stuff and by the end of this week or sooner  ,

because there is not much time cause of my Work (JOB) ,

it will be available!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Learn to love Enhanced Movement, it's a great way to lose those zeds. :f:

Yep. I've been climbing on top of buildings and just laying down, then I go make a sandwich or something. But the zombies just stand around waiting.

In DayZ, you could break line of sight by for example, turning a corner. Then you run for a bit, say for example, around another corner, and then go silent. You could reliably evade zombies that way. I'd like to learn a similar technique for Ravage zombies.

What do people do when they're just starting out and have only the starter pistol? Do they just kill every zombie? Or do they have a method to lose them?

• Like 2

The most obvious answer is to try and avoid them when your starting out, especially when your out in the sticks, even Enhanced Movement won't save you if there isn't enough walls and buildings around to parkour over. 

2 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

The most obvious answer is to try and avoid them when your starting out, especially when your out in the sticks, even Enhanced Movement won't save you if there isn't enough walls and buildings around to parkour over. 

okay. So basically, you can't lose them?

Where's the best place for a newbie to ask for general tips on surviving in Ravage?

As Evil organ said the place is here, and ....... the Ravage Wiki check out the beginner's guide there and have a read.

Also if i may say, Welcome to Bis forums, and the official Ravage thread! :welcome:

Can someone provide a more detailed procedure for that?

What you can do is run into houses, or buildings that have closable doors, run into one, close the door, wait for the zombies to come in and open,

then run out the other one, the exit, close that door, and run like hell, you'll trap them, and or slow them down thereby losing them.

Make sharp turns if you got a runner on your tail, turn sharp and go around corners, make them lose sight of you.

Another idea is using enhanced movement of course as suggested, (i suggest you test it out and get familiar with it in the editor or in VR first before you decide to use it with zeds on your tail lol )

with that you can climb onto roofs, leap over fences, walls, ect,. lose them faster, and or allow you to access avenues in which you can shoot them.

If you get on a roof of like a shed, wait til the runners collect at your feet, then shoot them in the head when they are standing still, the walkers ignore,

you can get away from them, save your ammo for the bandits.

Once i get my first version of my RavWarMod released you'll have more options, functions, features, and ways along

with enhanced movement to survive, and kick ass in the dangerous world of Ravage :woot:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Once i get my first version of my RavWarMod released you'll have more options, functions, features, and ways along

with enhanced movement to survive, and kick ass in the dangerous world of Ravage :woot:

Cool. Thanks for the tips. I'll keep an eye out for your mod.

Is it possible to remap the search function to a key other than the spacebar?

Aw hope I am not too late for suggestions, but there are super safe ways to avoid zombie attacks:

- climb on a rock ... small one works too =)

- stand between two vehicles or a wall and a vehicle

- move slightly into the sea 

- they dont attack you in helis, when they are on the ground

- mostly climbing rooftops regularly works too

When I start I usually go for the rocks, wait till stamina is good again and run ...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, UnDeaD. said:

Are lootable wrecks and trash counted as Industrial loot?

I think any static object get their loot type from the nearest building. When I place a military barrack with lots of trash heaps in front of it, than I get military grade loot. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Schreber said:

Aw hope I am not too late for suggestions, but there are super safe ways to avoid zombie attacks:

Not too late. Thanks. I appreciate it. It sounds like the consensus is that you can't currently lose the zombies. You can climb to spots where they can't reach you, but you can't just escape them.

5 hours ago, tosbalok said:

Where's the best place for a newbie to ask for general tips on surviving in Ravage? I'm just playing the included single-player mission (not sure what the difficulty settings are on that), but I'm having a lot of trouble with the zombies.

Back on page 1 of this thread, haleks says:

Can someone provide a more detailed procedure for that? Basically, my experience so far is that once a zombie is on my tail, I shoot him or I die. I haven't managed to shake one off yet.

Thanks.

Probably not what your looking for but good Mod for evading them buggers is Enhanced Movement created by badbenson. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333310405

• Like 1

Something is still wrong with the zombies. Last night I tested a bare bones mission with just Ravage and CBA on the Taviana map. After I died and respawned the first time, zombies would not attack me.

5 hours ago, gaverio said:

Since you already are depbo-ing the mission, have you tried adding the weapons you want in the equipment module instead of the .sqf file?

Reveal hidden contents

fqVMM8u.png

That's the thing - I'm not running my own scenario, I'm playing Ravage as it is. Thing is, this script used to work up to 1.44 version of Ravage, and it would make Renegades and Bandits use weapons from those mods. Now it doesnt work and I'm not sure why.