1 hour ago, Kaiwios said:

Hey guys! I was hoping someone could give me some help. I have been playing ravage mod. Mostly Haleks altis mission. I have altered it to add some vehicles and stuff. Everything is working great.

The problem is I made my own mission and now I'm having problems.

I noticed when I was playing my mission I couldn't access my inventory while in a vehicle. I still could outside, but not inside. When I start a mission I can I'm not sure when I lose it.

Then I came across a survivor and he shot me. Restarted and the same thing happened. When I test in editor I have no problems. But during testing I also noticed independent raiders won't shoot at me. Still seems like opfor will.

So I took it down to basics. I put myself as a blufor survivor and a trigger for a bandit. I can walk or drive right to them and they won't shoot. no mods during this test.

I have the ai module set to main:opfor  second:independent raiders friendly:blufor

Did you make sure that hostility is turned on for Independent Faction in the attribute/General section of the editor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunter Severloh said:

@GEORGE FLOROS GR Should put that script on the Wiki or it will get lost in the thread, same goes for all the codes and misc we post here.

Ravage's hud is unobtrusive, im sure you go to your inventory to see what weapons and gear you have or when you pick up gear, then at the same time you can look at where your at.

Imo unless you have the thirst and hunger in the module set to 10 then i can see having the need to have it on your invisible space helmet that gives all the status you need.

@haleks An idea, i wonder if there is a way to determine if the player is wet, like when its raining or if they were in water of some sort, you could have it like you do for health, nutrition, and thirst.

If its raining out, or if the player gets wet, after so many seconds the counter starts to slowly drop from 100 like the others, if it reaches 0 (zero) then their health becomes effected as if they are sick,

so you could add a sick status there.

Now heres the trick to this, you can prevent getting wet if you do 2 things, stand under some trees, under a shelter, or go inside, or start up a fire and stand/sit next to it and dry off it would

accelerate that wetness number back to 100, regular under the shelter drying off would take longer tho.

So if the counter goes down as in wetness, getting under some sort of shelter would make the "wetness" number go back up, so give or take 30-60seconds of being wet

the counter goes down slowly, reaching zero it effects your health and you are sick, which then effects your health.

i noticed this morning when i was playing and honestly thats the first time i seen this, thought it was so cool but you can stand under a tree while raining and not get wet,

you can actually see the rain not coming through the tree, tho it depends on the tree of course.

I got this idea from a Skyrim mod thats pretty popular seen here

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27563/?tab=description

and this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11163/

Another idea like in the 2nd link would effect the player if they were on a winter map were they could actually cold, and when to cold same as wetness

the number would drop, only couple ways to fix this would be to wear certain types of clothes or gear, be in a shelter, and or best of them all start a fire,

this would give you a real reason to start a fire, pitch a tent, and go inside.

I have a copy of a Temperature Script that Cosmic and badbenson sent me it works but needs to be fixed as player cannot take damage unless temp is below the default level 37%c. if anyone is interested in checking it out and mabey fixing it if possible just let me know and i post a link to the files.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaiwios said:

Hey guys! I was hoping someone could give me some help. I have been playing ravage mod. Mostly Haleks altis mission. I have altered it to add some vehicles and stuff. Everything is working great.

The problem is I made my own mission and now I'm having problems.

I noticed when I was playing my mission I couldn't access my inventory while in a vehicle. I still could outside, but not inside. When I start a mission I can I'm not sure when I lose it.

Then I came across a survivor and he shot me. Restarted and the same thing happened. When I test in editor I have no problems. But during testing I also noticed independent raiders won't shoot at me. Still seems like opfor will.

So I took it down to basics. I put myself as a blufor survivor and a trigger for a bandit. I can walk or drive right to them and they won't shoot. no mods during this test.

I have the ai module set to main:opfor  second:independent raiders friendly:blufor

If your playing as blufor and want both opfor and independent to attack you will need to go into the attribute/General section of the editor and make sure independent hostility is turned on if you have not done so.

• Like 3

@Gill93  Thanks for the help. I haven't turn that on so,  must be it. I will test tonight.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gill93 said:

I have a copy of a Temperature Script that Cosmic and badbenson sent me it works but needs to be fixed as player cannot take damage unless temp is below the default level 37%c.

if anyone is interested in checking it out and maybe fixing it if possible just let me know and i post a link to the files.

I remember reading about the discussion about the script a while back and they have it in a mission i think, i think for the sake of ravage being really designed

so that the player can create something, a module would be ideal for this, this gives more options to one's mission.

Some more details based on my previous post which i was rushing a bit as i had to leave for work, so...

Temperature & Wetness:

Look wet

Water drips from the body during rain and after swimming or

wet weapon, gear and uniform textures ;) ------> https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/193826-rs-rain-textures

I might just have to add this to RavWarMod instead

Temperature 

Temps can effect the player based on their location and gear, so if inside temps would be higher, outside in certain

areas temps would be lower, lowest temps would be at top of hills and mountains.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I'm assuming this would go in the same place that Gill suggested under the zombie module?

If you are asking on where to add this code , place this in your init.sqf

• Like 2

This is just my opinion but I'm not sure I would enjoy a temperature system in Ravage. I like the idea as optional.

• Like 1

Donnie, like everything in Ravage a module would be ideal, not something hardcoded where your forced to work with it, thats basically what i was proposing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kaiwios said:

@Gill93  Thanks for the help. I haven't turn that on so,  must be it. I will test tonight.

No problem glad to help (:

@Gunther:   

I have Bad Bensons temperature script in all my RAVAGE missions.  It can be configured in the sense that you can set how fast the temp drops and how much damage per sec you take if you are under the treshold of 32° C.  Like Gill93 said, players take damage only if below a certain temp; they have to have a body temp of below 32° C though before that starts.

It also accounts for being indoors or under thick tree/bush canopy.  But it doesn't make a difference what you wear. 

In some of my ALIVE MILSIM style missions (don't wonder why you haven't found them; I haven't uploaded any of these - yet...:f: ) I use Heros Survive instead which features a temperature system and that script has a configurable array allowing to set not only the climate of the mission, but also the insulation values of clothing items against water and ambient temperature. Out of the box, this array contains all vanilla uniforms, vests & headgear and one has to add clothing from mods by copying the classnames into this array (1 entry for each clothing item necessary). 

So if Haleks finds the time, he might work with those two gifted modders on a Module version tailored for RAVAGE. 

• Like 4

Hello to all Ravage Players!

I notice that my killfeed script , was not working with Ravage Zombies , so for everyone who is interested ,

it will be now available with the update!

Thanks!

• Like 7

Hello.

Is it normal that bandits sometimes have vanilla gear on them if I have disabled the vanilla gear?

Also, would be a nice feature to set the ratio of walkers/runners instead of having the option to select which one to spawn. For example 0 would mean walkers, 1 for runners, and between those would determine which of them would spawn more frequently (like 0.2 would mean 80 percent walkers and 20 percent runners, or something like that)

One more thing, this one is giving me a headache, zombies still keep spotting me from 90+ meters while crouched (measured it) - maybe having an option to set their view distance would come in handy. (the other factors would still have inpact on their visibility).

Just some ideas..

• Like 1

If you select Both types instead of just runners or walkers then set the bolter percentage to like 5% or more you will have mostly walkers with a decent amount of runners if its to many or to less just adjust the bolter percentage also make sure to adjust the overall amount of zeds to spawn unless the default 50 is ideal for what your doing

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:25 PM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

If you are asking on where to add this code , place this in your init.sqf

Hey i added that zombies loot script to the ravage wikia if that's cool with you I made sure to credit you aswell

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gill93 said:

Hey i added that zombies loot script to the ravage wikia

Thank you very much !

I was also about to do this. It's all about sharing!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Thank you very much !

1 hour ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Thank you very much !

Awesome Great script btw (:

• Thanks 1

On the wiki, I've got a chap asking an interesting question. He'd like to add radiation to a player. But not through the action of a radiation zone. More a case of instantly giving someone +20 radiation or something like that. It got me to thinking that there are several internal variables that might be of interest to mission makers. For instance, someone was asking about having a different UI for health, etc. Well, if one knew what those variables are called and where they're defined, it would be relatively simple to make a different UI. So does anyone know?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kodabar said:

relatively simple to make a different UI

Hello there kodabar!

You mean something like a status bar,  like epoch and exile?

12 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

You mean something like a status bar,  like epoch and exile?

Yep, that's what I was thinking. The chap who's asking abut radiation doesn't mean that, but I realised that exposing those variables would make it pretty easy to make a status bar, among other things. 

• Like 1

Doing my regular steam workshop browse for new ravage missions to add to my Ravage mod SP/Mp missions collections ;)

i ran into someone who uploaded Ravage without permissions, and against Halek's request to steam workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1339041033&searchtext=ravage

I had posted a couple comments, and reported the workshop upload.

Idk how people think that its ok to upload something that isn't theirs, and then give "credits" and think thats ok.

Credits imo have a specific context in which it applies and is valid, the validity of a credit is where the author being credited knows about what was done, and can recognizes the credit

as both parties have interacted with each other about such actions.

Giving "full credits" dont mean shit, Haleks has no intellectual invested interest in steam workshop where such an upload would please him, it dont "pay" his time and heart he spent on the mod,

if and when he did allow an upload, it sure wouldn't be a half assed upload, it would look presentable and professional that shows an interest and love in the content that was uploaded,

this workshop is a careless, disrespectful upload with "good" intentions of the uploader im sure but without real respect and responsibility to author.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kodabar said:

to make a status bar

Ok then..

I had fixed an Exile one so ,

i will change this to a Ravage one , for the guys who are interesed.

LETS EDIT!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

LETS EDIT!

I'm already half the way , so maybe later i  'll put this here!

• Like 4

Heya guys, back again. Just been messing around, updated my Esseker mission to the latest Ravage version, and been play-testing it. I'm impressed with the new NPC talking feature, and when you shoot around friendly survivors who message you to tell you they're friendly, I like that a lot! I walked around with a squad of Blufor Raiders who were just chatting about snakes and stuff, that was really neat to hear. Makes the world feel so much more alive.

Had a freaky moment though. I was wandering towards the military base south of Esseker city and was climbing up a hill in the middle of the woods when all of a sudden the "pick up" hand icon popped on my screen for a brief second. I looked around and heard some buzzing, and to my surprise I found a dead infected renegade with an AK on him. Really freaky moment, since I hadn't heard any gunfire from this area, and I couldn't find anybody around. Had a real STALKER moment, like how the AI just play out their day even when you're miles away doing your own thing, and this poor sap got caught by someone (I never did find out who shot him).

Also, the furniture feature is something I was a bit worried about, but it works great. Once I started tinkering with the loot system it started making sense and it works great.

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1