Hi all,

I made a short showcase video for my bandit camp spawner.

In short: this will spawn, delete and respawn randomized camps (filled with sweet sweet loot) at predefined markers.

https://youtu.be/g7OEgYU3SA4

Feel free to use the below script for your missions.

I was lazy and used  the AI Spawn Script Pack by spunFIN to spawn in enemies, hence credits go out to his script.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

how to disable the option for opening the backpacks of others.

The continue here:

Hey i editing a multiplayer mission with playable zombies, so i would like to create a random spawn around blufor player for the zombies.

I try to do it with marker (respawn_civilian), that will choose randomly a named blufor unit (p1,p2,p3...), everything works fine in the editor the marker are updated and choose randomly a player at a random position but thats not work on dedicated server, i would like to know if its possible to do this DS and JIP compatible.

I use this in the init.sqf

if ((!isServer) && (player != player)) then {waitUntil {player == player};};

[] spawn {
while{not isnull selectRandom [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5]} do {"respawn_civilian" setmarkerpos (selectRandom [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5] getpos [500, random 360]); sleep 5;};
};

I think its because the marker don't find any of this player when the server start (p1,p2...) and stop working.

My question there is a simple way to make a random respawn for a specific side around few player with variable name ? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, damsous said:

create a random spawn around blufor player for the zombies.

Check something like this:

(original post here:)

_unit addEventHandler ["Respawn", { 
    if (typeOf (_this select 0) in ["B_Soldier_F", "B_officer_F"]) then { // If the unit's type is in the array, then move him to the marker's position
         (_this select 0) setPos getMarkerPos "myMrk";
    };
}];

or

player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {

if (typeOf _this == "PilotClassname") then {_this setpos (getmarkerpos "PilotRespawn"); } else { if (typeof _this == "OtherClassname") then {..same code, different marker..} else {..so on};

}];

• Thanks 1

ok i just check this post

11 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Check something like this:

(original post here:)

_unit addEventHandler ["Respawn", { 
    if (typeOf (_this select 0) in ["B_Soldier_F", "B_officer_F"]) then { // If the unit's type is in the array, then move him to the marker's position
         (_this select 0) setPos getMarkerPos "myMrk";
    };
}];

or

if (typeOf _this == "PilotClassname") then {_this setpos (getmarkerpos "PilotRespawn"); } else { if (typeof _this == "OtherClassname") then {..same code, different marker..} else {..so on};

}];

Ok i just check it that not help me, i would like a respawn point that follow a specific unit like this a player zombie can spawn around a blufor player, so if the blufor player move around the map the playable zombies will spawn in the blufor player radius, i m able to make it work in the editor but not on a dedicated server, the marker are not updated, if the playable AI are activated thats work if not the command line for update the marker in the init.sqf stop woking, i would like to force or reinit the command when a player log in in the server

14 minutes ago, damsous said:

Ok i just check it that not help me,

Would you like to check this?

(it's not tested)

Just fill in the lines there , with your stuff

_players = playableUnits + switchableUnits;
pos = getPosATL _players;

if (typeOf _this == "ZombieClassname") then {_this setposATL pos; } else { if (typeof _this == "OtherClassname") then {..same code, different marker..} else {..so on};

}];

*not working

I m thinking attaching a marker to a unit and spawn on marker.

So i try with a friend, im able to create a marker and stick it via the init of the unit, deleted if die then recreate it in the respawn.sqf so that work but the ravage zombie not work on respawn its weird, i spawn with a nato cloth i don't take damage and i don t look like an infected, when a player die i become an infected haha, so i will forgot this :)

• Like 1

On 3/4/2018 at 9:44 PM, Donnie_Plays said:

There are more objects to search now so I'm searching a lot more than I did before this system was added. For example on the Chernarus Redux map there are objects to search everywhere, all of the time. It's easy to get consumed with searching object after object. Because of this, I have began to focus mission making around other parts of Ravage and the loot system is taking somewhat of a back seat to the overall experience. In other words, I'm trying to come up with ways to make the missions playable where people do not have to rely on looting. That might actually be a good thing in the overall picture. Because of DayZ and games like that... we have all become addicted to wandering around and looting, when we could have been doing cooler things like shooting zombies, raiding enemy camps and fighting roaming AI.

I am curious, what exactly is loot module set at in Chernarus Redux to allow objects to spawn? I have only ever worked with the ambient furniture option on, and I am curious as to if disabling this does anything...I was under the impression that you could only really loot vanilla A3 buildings, and I could use some clarification if you could on how the loot system on Chern. redux would work...

EDIT: (Evidently has some sarcasm for sake of exaggeration) Also, Badbenson, Evil Organ, and Haleks (and whomever else helped)...Why have you not revealed that you helped make a map such as the Chernarus redux into a holy relic that is worthy of being stored in the vault of the vatican? I swear on all thats holy (Chernarus Redux included) that if I had known sooner, I would have downloaded and loaded the map up sooner! Good job guys!

Edited by BattleChief
The holiness of their help in creating some REALLY fine work...Nice

26 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

I am curious, what exactly is loot module set at in Chernarus Redux to allow objects to spawn? I have only ever worked with the ambient furniture option on, and I am curious as to if disabling this does anything...I was under the impression that you could only really loot vanilla A3 buildings, and I could use some clarification if you could on how the loot system on Chern. redux would work...

EDIT: (Evidently has some sarcasm for sake of exaggeration) Also, Badbenson, Evil Organ, and Haleks (and whomever else helped)...Why have you not revealed that you helped make a map such as the Chernarus redux into a holy relic that is worthy of being stored in the vault of the vatican? I swear on all thats holy (Chernarus Redux included) that if I had known sooner, I would have downloaded and loaded the map up sooner! Good job guys!

I am using the Chern Redux map and I can report that in the Loot System module if you select 'yes' to the 'Arma 2 structures' option you will be able to encounter loot in the Chernerus buildings. As Chernerus is an ARMA 2 map it will not spawn any loot if you set the module to ARMA 3 or APEX (I assume, not tested) at least, logically it shouldn't since there arent any arma 3 building assets in the map for the loot to spawn in. As for the loot rate, that you would have to fiddle around with in the loot chances to determine the loot drops/type you prefer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rawshark said:

I am using the Chern Redux map and I can report that in the Loot System module if you select 'yes' to the 'Arma 2 structures' option you will be able to encounter loot in the Chernerus buildings. As Chernerus is an ARMA 2 map it will not spawn any loot if you set the module to ARMA 3 or APEX (I assume, not tested) at least, logically it shouldn't since there arent any arma 3 building assets in the map for the loot to spawn in. As for the loot rate, that you would have to fiddle around with in the loot chances to determine the loot drops/type you prefer.

So, what exactly is there for loot? is it the old luggage bags and sacks? or is it the items normally found in A2 structures can be looted? I should have clarified the question some more, it was more or less half answered...come to think of it, I might have forgotten to ask at all! Silly me...might be the excitement of Cherno redux being a possibility :hyper:

1 hour ago, BattleChief said:

So, what exactly is there for loot? is it the old luggage bags and sacks? or is it the items normally found in A2 structures can be looted? I should have clarified the question some more, it was more or less half answered...come to think of it, I might have forgotten to ask at all! Silly me...might be the excitement of Cherno redux being a possibility :hyper:

Chernerus Redux, has just shy of a billion things to loot (ok, that might be an exaggeration...but there is a lot) the map itself comes with a lot of static objects (luggage, vehicle wrecks, garbage piles, disused industrial/household equipment/ random crates..etc) and inside buildings there a mix of objects (ovens, cupboards, dressers, closets) all of which Ravage makes lootable. Additionally, boxes and crates dropped from the editor are lootable (though there are some restrictions - a wooden box is lootable but a shipping container is not). The map also has random camps/military outposts scattered throughout which contain lootable assets like lockers, cabinets, packs, desks, crates and such..so all in all quite a lot of things to loot scattered throughout the map. 

If anything though, the number of items to loot within a house is a bit limited;  if you remember Chernerus from ARMA 2 you know they are not exactly flushed with furnishings, so on average a household may have 2-3 lootable items -but- overall the map has a lot of assets scattered about that can be looted. 

If you want a somewhat quick overview of what the map looks like, take a peek here.

NOTE: The skybox in default Chernerus Redux isn't pink, I believe this showcase in question was done with a colour correction script on top of Ravage..for the feels.

Hey i fing a weird thing, i make a mission on Altis for dedi server and i got an performance issue, so i try find where it come from.

My issue its that the CPU load increase over the time (server locked nobody log) when server start cpu load it around 3% i just go sleep and after the night Arma server use 40% cpu.

So maybe somebody can help cause i must wait a long time on each test for know where the problem come from.

I found this i remove the NPC trader (the trader are hide and are simulated when a player is near), and remove all the module for prevent the infected to spawn in a area.

Now after few hour its like the cpu charge is normal it stay at 3%,

So my question its somebody know if the trader or Zombie deletion module can cause performance issue ?

So after few try i removed all the trader placed in editor its look like the cpu charge not increase, i will confirm this tomorow, but its really weird maybe its because i use show/hide module on this NPC i will try without the show hide module to see how its work

Hm, thanks for the info, I have been messing around in Cherno redux for a bit...I am busy making a mission for myself (cause I find it so much more fun to play other maps, Altis has just died and isnt coming back anytime soon...unless its for F3llout) and I have been creating and messing with things...

I would like to see more animal variety in Ravage. I know they can be added in the editor... but it appears that only rabbits can be killed for food. I was looking through the list of animals that are currently available assets in Arma. In particular I would like to see hens and roosters with an occasional goat, sheep and cow. If for no other reason, variety.

If there a specific code I can add to animals manually placed on the map, where they can be properly harvested for meat?

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I would like to see more animal variety in Ravage. I know they can be added in the editor... but it appears that only rabbits can be killed for food. I was looking through the list of animals that are currently available assets in Arma. In particular I would like to see hens and roosters with an occasional goat, sheep and cow. If for no other reason, variety.

If there a specific code I can add to animals manually placed on the map, where they can be properly harvested for meat?

Sheep and chicken can killed for hunting. I think there a module for spawn them

36 minutes ago, jimbojones said:

Does anyone know if the bandit camp script and the rvgFill script still work?  Bandit camp trigger doesn't spawn anything and I'm get an error saying the rvgFill script doesn't exist.  Also, Ravage is great, thank you for this mod!

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Tools_for_Mission_Makers

In a trigger (all player present)

Past this line in condition field : (vehicle player) in thislist;

Past this line in activation field : _nul = [thistrigger] spawn rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp;

• Thanks 1

I can confirm the trader cause a performance issue after few hour, i just try my mission on dedicated server again without trader, when i logout arma 3 server use only 4-5% cpu.

I think the best way for use a static trader its to spawn them with a when a player is near then delete and respawn.... or use a caching system.

with that script static trader should work fine http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19832

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimbojones said:

Does anyone know if the bandit camp script and the rvgFill script still work?  Bandit camp trigger doesn't spawn anything and I'm get an error saying the rvgFill script doesn't exist.  Also, Ravage is great, thank you for this mod!

http://ravage.wikia.com/wiki/Tools_for_Mission_Makers

For the rvgFill script you need a script to put in your mission for that to work. I will suggest you to download a great mission 'Ravage on Esseker by Jimmakos'. Open it go to scripts and you will find an example of his script ''rvgFill'. It really help a lot downloading others missions and learning from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Manually placed goats, sheep and poultry can all be successfully harvested, cooked and eaten. :rthumb: (take heed, goats will produce sheep meat)

These animals can be found in Eden editor: Systems>Other>Animals

If you want a little more animal variety for your missions, some dude made this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Name the script and call it from your init.sqf

while {true} do {
_pos = [getPosATL player, 100, 400, 2, 0, 100, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

_eastGrp = createGroup east;
for "_i" from 0 to random 2 do {
	_type = ["Sheep_random_F", "Hen_random_F", "Cock_random_f", "Rabbit_F", "Cock_white_F"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
 	_unit = _eastGrp createUnit [_type, _pos, [], 1, "FORM"];
	_unit setVariable ["BIS_fnc_animalBehaviour_disable", true];
	_unit setSpeaker "NoVoice";
        _unit disableAI "FSM";
	_unit disableAI "AIMINGERROR";
	_unit disableAI "SUPPRESSION";
	_unit disableAI "AUTOTARGET";
	_unit disableAI "TARGET";
	_unit setCombatMode "BLUE";
	_unit setBehaviour "CARELESS";
};
[_eastGrp, _pos, 250] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;
Sleep 300;};

15 hours ago, jimbojones said:

Does anyone know if the bandit camp script and the rvgFill script still work?  

Bandit camps by trigger is literally broken, AI will spawn but they will just standing there without aggroing or anything. rvgFill still works ok though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jimmakos said:

Name the script and call it from your init.sqf

while {true} do {
_pos = [getPosATL player, 100, 400, 2, 0, 100, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

_eastGrp = createGroup east;
for "_i" from 0 to random 2 do {
	_type = ["Sheep_random_F", "Hen_random_F", "Cock_random_f", "Rabbit_F", "Cock_white_F"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
 	_unit = _eastGrp createUnit [_type, _pos, [], 1, "FORM"];
	_unit setVariable ["BIS_fnc_animalBehaviour_disable", true];
	_unit setSpeaker "NoVoice";
        _unit disableAI "FSM";
	_unit disableAI "AIMINGERROR";
	_unit disableAI "SUPPRESSION";
	_unit disableAI "AUTOTARGET";
	_unit disableAI "TARGET";
	_unit setCombatMode "BLUE";
	_unit setBehaviour "CARELESS";
};
[_eastGrp, _pos, 250] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;
Sleep 300;};

Bandit camps by trigger is literally broken, AI will spawn but they will just standing there without aggroing or anything. rvgFill still works ok though.

Thank you, based on the previous post this rvgFill script is one you had to add manually?  On the wikia it sounded like it was a script built in to Ravage mod.  I'll have to take a look at how your mission is laid out.  Thanks everyone!

• Like 1