2 hours ago, Schrebers said:

Ravagers ... can anyone recommend a "stand alone" mod or proceedure to tweak a shotgun to shoot high explosive rounds?
Well any default gun would do it too of course, but I think a shotgun would be cool. 

Maybe if you ask @cosmic10r nicely he might be able to help....he made me a much cherished custom built Zubr that's downright lethal.

• Like 2

@cmw71 & @Donnie_Plays :

Regarding the vehicle actions, the only thing I did change with the last update, is how said actions are added : I'm now using a CBA function to attribute said actions to all vehicle inheriting from base classes.

["LandVehicle", "init", {_this call rvg_fnc_setVehicleActions}, true, [], true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;

This makes sure all vehicles, wether they were spawned by Ravage or not, do have those actions available - including those spawned later on ingame. The rvg_fnc_setVehicleActions function itself hasn't changed.

Is the server using a whitelisted functions cfg? If that's the case, make sure "rvg_fnc_addAction" is whitelisted as well.

• Like 3

I have released my first Ravage mission without zombies, using a fun (although ridiculous) character I love from the 80's, Rambo. There are sandbox and survival elements with an escape route when you are finished wrecking havok on Tanoa.

First Blood on Tanoa
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1278809345

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I have released my first Ravage mission without zombies, using a fun (although ridiculous) character I love from the 80's, Rambo. There are sandbox and survival elements with an escape route when you are finished wrecking havok on Tanoa.

First Blood on Tanoa
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1278809345

Koda and I played this with donnie last week and it was good fun...

Nice release donnie!

• Like 1

Hey all.

I finished my MP server with Ravage mod.

Need help @cosmic10r . I inspirated on your mission with temperature system.I meed move temperature indicator away from "hint" chat.

Can you help how can i do it?Best will be right down corner info about body temperature..

Thank you.;)

48 minutes ago, bombajack said:

Hey all.

I finished my MP server with Ravage mod.

Need help @cosmic10r . I inspirated on your mission with temperature system.I meed move temperature indicator away from "hint" chat.

Can you help how can i do it?Best will be right down corner info about body temperature..

Thank you.;)

I havent looked at that... i can try but it won't be easy lol. I would prefer it where the hunger and thirst thing is personally

Re - exploding ammo. I will configure legendary guns with regular damage and explosive rounds too... that way they can function as guns but you may find some explosive ammo that is compatible too ;)

• Like 1

@cosmic10r hooold on, you have a working temperature script? ist that something you could kindly share (link to source or the actual script)? i would be very much interessted:)) thanks!

25 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

@cosmic10r hooold on, you have a working temperature script? ist that something you could kindly share (link to source or the actual script)? i would be very much interessted:)) thanks!

cosmic isnt script creator,i think..but is on his Ravage mission...check Ravage wiki! ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Re - exploding ammo. I will configure legendary guns with regular damage and explosive rounds too... that way they can function as guns but you may find some explosive ammo that is compatible too ;)

Are you thinking that the legendary guns will be on similar idea like the Fallout series?

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

42 minutes ago, bombajack said:

cosmic isnt script creator,i think..but is on his Ravage mission...check Ravage wiki! ;)

Correct. That script was made for Ravage escape by Bad Benson.

Please credit him if you use it. I may look at moving the hint as well.

25 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Are you thinking that the legendary guns will be on similar idea like the Fallout series?

Pretty much... special textures with slightly upped stats that come with attachments and are compatible with reg ammo and will have own custom ammo and i guess exploding ammo lol...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Schrebers said:

looked for high explosive shot gun Mods and found this one:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1181668412

UTS-15 Tactical Shotgun

Going to test it now =)

That mod has been uploaded to the workshop by someone else without permission of the original author :sad:.

Anyway lets get back on topic.

How's it going guys. Been awhile since I have been here. Had abit of a break from arma. 

So I am having a couple problems with the new ravage 1.48 mod. 

1. I can no longer sleep at any bed. Is it only a sp thing? Makes sense if it is. But my mission is only 2 player multiplayer to have custom respawns added. So sleeping will work and it's handy for skipping time. 

2. I played my mission for a good hour the other night and made it to my safe zone. I had repaired and refueled my car along the way. 

When I got there I decided to look around. I found an empty fuel can and went over to the military fuel depot to try and refill it. It wouldn't let me said "no fuel here" or whatever it is. But after that I could no long scavenge or repair/refuel any car. 

Here's the weird thing I could still do all that with the helicopters just not cars or trucks. 

3. Now this is an old problem I was having but the new update gave me away to test it more. 

So my problem I had with 1.47 was anyone who was grouped to me wouldn't attack any zombies no matter what I did. 

I made it to a small town where an ambient Ai had spawned and was fighting zombies. I helped him then I recruited him. Once he was recruited he would not fight. I decided to dismiss him and the second I did that he opened fire again. 

I can't for the life of me figure out why my team mates want to die instead of fight. I'm pretty sure I treat them well. 

Thats not to much of a worry for me. I do want to be able to scavenge agian. 

• Like 1

Hi Chuc, thanks for the report!

4 hours ago, Chuc said:

2. I played my mission for a good hour the other night and made it to my safe zone. I had repaired and refueled my car along the way. 

When I got there I decided to look around. I found an empty fuel can and went over to the military fuel depot to try and refill it. It wouldn't let me said "no fuel here" or whatever it is. But after that I could no long scavenge or repair/refuel any car. 

Here's the weird thing I could still do all that with the helicopters just not cars or trucks.

I had similar reports, although yours indicates something might be going wrong with CBA... I'll see if I can find the exact problem, if not I guess I'll have to find another way to manage those vehicle actions.

Regarding your recruited survivors : are you playing as a civilian? If you do, don't : in the Armaverse civilians silently panick while staying still instead of fighting for their lives. :)

@Haleks

I know you mentioned a few posts back that you were looking at an issue regarding exploding vehicles. I just want to report that I am still seeing this happen. As far as what others are reporting I haven't encountered anything but then again I haven't tried to sleep, or scavenge vehicles. (I changed the time acceleration, nice long days :dummy:) If I do see anything, I'll post.

Incidentally, I started playing "Escape", so my question is,

Would the issues that players might be experiencing also show up similarly in this mission as they do in Ravage? I assume so.

20 hours ago, haleks said:

Hi Chuc, thanks for the report!

I had similar reports, although yours indicates something might be going wrong with CBA... I'll see if I can find the exact problem, if not I guess I'll have to find another way to manage those vehicle actions.

Regarding your recruited survivors : are you playing as a civilian? If you do, don't : in the Armaverse civilians silently panick while staying still instead of fighting for their lives. :)

So I think I figured it out. The scavenge and repair are not working for vehicles spawned in by the module. Vehicles I place in editor work fine. 

On ‎24‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 12:12 PM, R0adki11 said:

That mod has been uploaded to the workshop by someone else without permission of the original author :sad:.

Anyway lets get back on topic.

Ok too bad, I will unsubscribe and leave a hint at the steampage. 

The wrong place maybe to post this. I just opened the door to the scripting world. and I feel that I am not capeable atm to modify a script by dreaded entity. I looked through tons of BI pages and made a testing environment... but still can not get it right after hours of trying.

There is the code I modified  so far but the lower part is not working. Can someone please help?
The helo should search for player and attack.

/////////////////////////////////////
// Function file for Armed Assault //
//    Created by: DreadedEntity    //
/////////////////////////////////////

private ["_player","_flyoverChance","_shootdownChance","_minutes","_variation","_helicopters"];
_player = (_this select 0);
_minutes = [_this, 1, 20, [0]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_variation = [_this, 2, 0, [0]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_flyoverChance = [_this, 3, 0.5, [0]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_shootdownChance = [_this, 4, 0.3, [0]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_helicopters = [["B_CTRG_Heli_Transport_01_tropic_F", 3],["B_Heli_Transport_03_F", 4],["B_Heli_Light_01_dynamicLoadout_F",2]];

while {true} do
{
 sleep (((_minutes - _variation) + (random (_variation * 2))) * 60); 
 if ((random 1) <= _flyoverChance) then
 {
  private["_direction","_position","_variation","_element","_obj"];
  //systemChat "You rolled the dice and you won!";
  _direction = random 360;
  _position = [getPos _player, ((random 50) + 550), _direction] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
  _variation = ((random 40) + 160);
  _element = _helicopters select (floor random (count _helicopters));
  _obj = [_position,_direction - _variation,_element select 0,east] call BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle;
  (_obj select 0) setVehicleAmmo 1;
                clearMagazineCargoGlobal (_obj select 0) ;
         clearWeaponCargoGlobal (_obj select 0);
         clearItemCargoGlobal (_obj select 0);
         clearBackpackCargoGlobal (_obj select 0);
  _position = [getPos (_obj select 0), 1200, direction (_obj select 0)] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
  (_obj select 2) move _position;
  ((waypoints (_obj select 0)) select 0) setWaypointCompletionRadius 200;

if ((random 1) <= _shootDownChance) then
  {
   sleep ((random 10) + 10);
   //systemChat "Helicopter has taken critical damage!";
   (_obj select 0) setDamage 1;
   waitUntil {speed (_obj select 0) == 0};
   //hint "helicopter has stopped";
   [_obj select 0, _element] execVM "DE_createLoot.sqf";
  }else
  {
   waitUntil {moveToCompleted (_obj select 0)};
   {
    //deleteVehicle _x;
   }forEach (crew (_obj select 0));
   //deleteVehicle (_obj select 0);
                        (crew (_obj select 0)) doMove getPosATL player;
                        (_obj select 0) setCombatMode "RED";
  };
 }else
 {
  //systemChat "You rolled the dice and you lost!";

Hi guys!

Quick update on the work being done for the next release : while working on a sideproject I found out that the caching system for spawned wrecks and vics is totally broken (nothing was being cached - at all). :/

Already fixed on my end, here's the current changelog - to be released this week-end if I can :

Tweaked :
Ushankas from IFA3 removed from the "Altis" preset.
AI units now have better "hearing" when it comes to zombies.
Max number of mines before clean-up was increased from 20 to 100.
Fixed :
Added missing renegade identities cfg.
Cached vehicles could end up with duplicate actions.
Fixed an error preventing objects from spawning loot daily.
The Loot module now deletes old fireplaces, and forgotten bedrolls and tents.
Fixed a potential issue when cancelling repairs or scavenging vehicles.
Caching system for spawned vehicles and wrecks was broken.
New :
Added asian renegade faces.
Zombie screams can be pitched up or down via module.
Zombie damage output can be adjusted via module.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, haleks said:

Hi guys!

Quick update on the work being done for the next release : while working on a sideproject I found out that the caching system for spawned wrecks and vics is totally broken (nothing was being cached - at all). :/

Already fixed on my end, here's the current changelog - to be released this week-end if I can :

Awesome work. Can't wait for the zombies damage editing.

I let a zombie attack me last night and they only do about 2 damage per hit. So they really are only a problem in a group. I also only have walkers. 

Hey everyone, haven't visited this topic for a while. I just want to talk about the problems and needed (in my opinion) features in the mod.

First of all, the zombies seem to have very good spotting and hearing. From my past experience, I remember running through a forest without firing once, and zombies from as far as 200 metres would start targetting me. Though hearing seems to be quite balanced, since originally zombies are supposed to have bad vision and good hearing, but not even silenced weapons seem to be quiet enough when being close to the infected. Thought they could have slightly worse hearing.

I've once tested targetting of the infected, and it looks like they only lock to entities and are not distracted by loud noises such as explosions. It could be a really cool feature - you're stuck in a building, the infected are all around the building, but you throw a grenade through the window and all of them wander off to the explosion.

I really appreciate the few latest updates where AI now coordinated far better and most importantly - gave less pressure to your CPU. The only reason I lag in Arma 3 is AI and now that it's being improved really makes me happy.

One last thing - I wondered if it would be a good idea to integrate Zombies & Demons mod into Ravage, since these zombies seem to be a bit more polished, gameplay and quality wise.

Either way, Ravage has already knocked down my expectations and is going beyond them! This mod is by far my favorite for Arma 3, and it clearly has lot's of potential! 

Pardon my english :)

was wondering if i were to enable ACE would it add the ACE medical items to the loot table? 

also ACE has its own fatigue system

3 hours ago, LukasGaming said:

originally zombies are supposed to have bad vision and good hearing

I wondered if it would be a good idea to integrate Zombies & Demons mod into Ravage, since these zombies seem to be a bit more polished, gameplay and quality wise.

I just wanted to comment on this and give my own opinion. I'm not sure what zombie rulebook you read from, but I've played probably 30 games with zombies in them and almost every game and zombie is different. There is no rule where specific sets of vision or hearing has to be followed. The same thing applies to movies and TV. "The Walking Dead" zombies are nothing like the zombies in "28 Days Later" for example. "Return of the Living Dead" has different zombies than "I Am Legend".

I also completely disagree with you on Zombies & Demons on your description. I'm not here to rip Ryan. He has done an excellent job with that mod but I strongly prefer the zombies in Ravage to the Z&D mod, especially now that some of the Breaking Point zombie animations have worked their way into the mod. They are better than ever. It's actually what first grabbed my attention about Ravage.

• Like 2