9 hours ago, haleks said:

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with MP set-ups, it's also the first time I hear about this. :/

At the moment tweaking the vanilla AI in depth is pretty much outside of the scope of Ravage : working on such complex features would eat up too much time and get in the way of more urgent development.

Modifying the zed damage output isn't possible right now, but I plan on adding a few more options to the modules for the next update. ;)

To change the animation speed, you could use the newly introduced "init EH" from the module; the following code should do the trick (change the final value as you see fit) :

if ((typeOf (_this select 0)) isEqualTo "zombie_walker") then {
	(_this select 0) setAnimSpeedCoef 1.25
};

Hm yeah ... I guess you are totally right. It just came up my mind posting here, because Arma 3 is big, but the zombie survival niche is no too well covered as far as I know. I try to post where AI mod makers have their stuff than.  

10 hours ago, bl2ck dog said:

@haleks, v.1.48, correct Toolbox, vehicle/scavenge system doesn't work for me on anything dynamically spawned (either from Garage or with own Ravage Vehicle module). Works on vehicles pre-placed in editor, though.  Another issue: Safezone with No Radiation thing doesn't seem to work - area still could be highly radioactive.

How is your Ravage vehicle module configured?...from my experience...

Setting it to "wrecks only" doesn't allow the scavenge/repair system as the wrecks that spawn are well....wrecks!

Setting it to "both" will spawn empty vehicles that can be repaired/scavenged and wrecks which can't be repaired/scavenged.

Setting it to "empty vehicles only" will only spawn vehicles that can be repaired/scavenged. (paired with "Vehicle damages" set to "yes" is a good combo.)

...or maybe there's a  conflict with your Garage system?

Regarding the Safe Zone/Radiation issue, if it's related to your mission/server, you have jshock's contamination area mod included...maybe there's a conflict there too?....for what it's worth, I helped out with jshocks contamination mod while it was being developed and found it wasn't 100% compatible with Ravage radiation/survival systems, that was a while ago tho'. 

• Like 1

Hi guys!

Here's a quick look at some of the features that will be part of the next release :

Tweaked :
Ushankas from IFA3 removed from the "Altis" preset.
AI units now have better "hearing" when it comes to zombies.
Stance factor for zed LoS calculations.

Fixed :
Added missing renegade identities cfg.
Cached vehicles could end up with duplicate actions.

New :
Added asian renegade faces.
Zombie screams can be pitched up or down via module.
Zombie damage output can be adjusted via module.

Want your runners to growl like bears and one-shot everything in their path? No problemo. eclope.gif

By the way, how often do you guys die at the hands of zombies? Just so I can get a clear picture before tweaking the default zombie damage output.

How many of you would want them to be a bit more deadlier by default?

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, haleks said:

Hi guys!

Here's a quick look at some of the features that will be part of the next release :

Want your runners to growl like bears and one-shot everything in their path? No problemo. eclope.gif

By the way, how often do you guys die at the hands of zombies? Just so I can get a clear picture before tweaking the default zombie damage output.

Well I die pretty often by zombies when I am in the open field (they wiggle a lot their head ... when they are next to you it kind feels that my barrel clips through them when I empty my mag on them)... it is like bad luck atm and based on environmental factors ... if it was more of a routine idk. May be it would be interesting to connect more aggressive behaviour to conditions, so that players can calculate the risks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Zeds specially runners or crawlers kill me only in early stages of playthrough. Once I have auto rifle, then R.I.P zombies :shoot:

Walkers are easy - they are too slow, giving them more powerful punches should balance gameplay.

But after 1.48 patch zeds can easily spot you from greater distances and from wider angle of view.. you can run 90 degrees to its LOS and it zed can still spot you. I think that this can be tweaked.

Runners are very scary in night time but I like it. That forces player to find a shelter rather than wander in night time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, haleks said:

I'm pretty happy with current default values, but an adjustable damage feature sounds really neat.

A little more "cause and effect" from a zombie attack would be cool, maybe a bleed out feature if the player is unable to treat a wound right away. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

I'm pretty happy with current default values, but an adjustable damage feature sounds really neat.

A little more "cause and effect" from a zombie attack would be cool, maybe a bleed out feature if the player is unable to treat a wound right away. 

Man, that's a brilliant idea - and Arma3 already has a couple of commands related to bleeding. It's also a good occasion to add a new item - bandages as well as the ability to rip clothes...

Definitely going to investigate that! \o/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schrebers said:

Well I die pretty often by zombies when I am in the open field (they wiggle a lot their head ... when they are next to you it kind feels that my barrel clips through them when I empty my mag on them)... it is like bad luck atm and based on environmental factors ... if it was more of a routine idk. May be it would be interesting to connect more aggressive behaviour to conditions, so that players can calculate the risks. 

ok this is just for fun ... why not add two more different classes while the existing ones represent the average zombie guy and another group that is super bad ass: one shot ninja perks and such ... and may be another group that only attacks when you are a bad guy ... like him here ->day-of-the-dead.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, haleks said:

Man, that's a brilliant idea - and Arma3 already has a couple of commands related to bleeding. It's also a good occasion to add a new item - bandages as well as the ability to rip clothes...

Definitely going to investigate that! \o/

That would be super cool!!!

This could partially solve the problem with very rare FAKs in the game.

We could maybe find a use for those head bandages that came with the Laws of War DLC, remember this idea.... 

@Schrebers+1 for Bub love. :eyeheart:

• Like 6

How does the safe zone module work? It's not like the zombie horde module where a safe zone will appear wherever you place the module.

Hello all,

I'm looking for some help with an issue I've been experiencing.  Based on my experiences, for some reason loot seems to stop appearing at midnight on the first day (i.e. 12 a.m. of "Day 2").  I still get furniture objects spawning in buildings, but neither they nor the static loot objects contain any loot at all.  I haven't been able to confirm this happens consistently in the default Altis scenario b/c I usually can't survive long enough, but it definitely happens in the user-made scenarios I create using the Ravage modules.  This makes me think that there is something I'm not configuring properly.  As @haleks has explained, the loot system uses a mechanism that has a 24-hr refresh timer on objects that have already been looted by the player, so this coupled with the distinct loot/no loot transition at 12 a.m. makes me wonder if I need to look more closely at the time/date settings of my scenario.  Could changing the time factor in the Ravage Settings module be contributing to this problem? I often lower my setting from 4 to 2 for a longer day/night cycle, but even when I leave it at the default value I still experience this issue.  I've been grappling with this dilemma for some time now, and have abandoned many, many play-throughs out of frustration because of it, so any help or advice you all might offer would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, sentinel329 said:

Hello all,

I'm looking for some help with an issue I've been experiencing.  Based on my experiences, for some reason loot seems to stop appearing at midnight on the first day (i.e. 12 a.m. of "Day 2").  I still get furniture objects spawning in buildings, but neither they nor the static loot objects contain any loot at all.  I haven't been able to confirm this happens consistently in the default Altis scenario b/c I usually can't survive long enough, but it definitely happens in the user-made scenarios I create using the Ravage modules.  This makes me think that there is something I'm not configuring properly.  As @haleks has explained, the loot system uses a mechanism that has a 24-hr refresh timer on objects that have already been looted by the player, so this coupled with the distinct loot/no loot transition at 12 a.m. makes me wonder if I need to look more closely at the time/date settings of my scenario.  Could changing the time factor in the Ravage Settings module be contributing to this problem? I often lower my setting from 4 to 2 for a longer day/night cycle, but even when I leave it at the default value I still experience this issue.  I've been grappling with this dilemma for some time now, and have abandoned many, many play-throughs out of frustration because of it, so any help or advice you all might offer would be very much appreciated. 

Cheers

I'm reviewing the code after reading your comment, and may have found an error preventing already searched objects from spawning loot again.

Although, in your case, it looks like loot completely stops spawning at midnight? That's definitely unexpected, I'll investigate that and release a small update soon if I can fix it.

EDIT : I think it's definitely fixed on my end; I've also spotted a few deprecated variables that were keeping the loot module from cleaning forgotten fireplaces, beds and tents.

I'll try to push a small update around next week-end.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I might have a bug to report. I had someone say that they cannot get gas to siphon from cars and cannot use a toolkit to scavenge vehicles.

9 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I might have a bug to report. I had someone say that they cannot get gas to siphon from cars and cannot use a toolkit to scavenge vehicles.

There's been few posts about that lately....it's maybe worth referring to this post...

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3264101

45 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

There's been few posts about that lately....it's maybe worth referring to this post...

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3264101

I just checked it. The vehicle module is set to both. I have never changed it since I first set it when I released this particular mission back in September. The vehicle damage is set to "no" since I have a few random placed vehicles on the map that I do not want to be damaged, etc.

I saw another post about this and passed the info along for the mods to be reloaded. We'll see if there are any futher issues. I'm going to play it myself and see if I can reproduce the same issue.

If it's set to both, the confusion may stem from players not knowing/understanding the differences between a spawned wreck and an spawned empty vehicle.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

If it's set to both, the confusion may stem from players not knowing/understanding the differences between a spawned wreck and an spawned empty vehicle.

This is a good point. I will mention this to them, but the player identified themselves as a seasoned Ravage veteran when reporting the bug.

2 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

This is a good point. I will mention this to them, but the player identified themselves as a seasoned Ravage veteran when reporting the bug.

Good afternoon lads. Donnie_Plays is referring to me. The problem is with the repairable vehicles not the non drive-able props.

Another bug I've seen in 2 other Chernarus Redux Ravage missions is the no loot issue. Furniture/vehicles contain loot for an hour or so then nothing at all.

Just had a quick play-through of haleks Ravage Altis sample mission. No problem with scavenging or repairing vehicles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmw71 said:

Just had a quick play-through of haleks Ravage Altis sample mission. No problem with scavenging or repairing vehicles.

It should be noted that I played my workshop mission tonight with just the five required mods to play and had no issues fixing, repairing or siphoning gas from a vehicle I found. I was able to remove a tire and put it right back on. Gas was not an issue. I re-updated the mission with all the same five mods just in case something did not update properly with the last update.

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would let people know there seems to be a problem with loot spawning in the ambient furniture & wrecks. I played a few steam sceanrios that were working great but yesterday and today they are spawning no loot at all. I tried placing a loot and equipment module down on a test map and the same thing happens, not a thing spawns when searching.

10 minutes ago, chrispools said:

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would let people know there seems to be a problem with loot spawning in the ambient furniture & wrecks. I played a few steam sceanrios that were working great but yesterday and today they are spawning no loot at all. I tried placing a loot and equipment module down on a test map and the same thing happens, not a thing spawns when searching.

Are you on the latest release of Ravage? We had an update recently.

Ravagers ... can anyone recommend a "stand alone" mod or proceedure to tweak a shotgun to shoot high explosive rounds?
Well any default gun would do it too of course, but I think a shotgun would be cool. 

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Are you on the latest release of Ravage? We had an update recently.

Sure am. 1.48?

Just reinstalled Ravage and a few scenarios. The steam scenarios semm to work but cant for the life of me figure out why when I do a test map with Ravage modules, the loot sill aint happening.