It may well be that some structures don't have an ambient furniture composition attached to them.......yet!     Future updates will address this for sure.

Regarding loot values, before finding an overall balance, my approach is to test each area (civilian,industrial,military) individually, setting the values to 100 then dialling them back to find the sweet spot for that particular scenario.....I like that everyone has a different idea of the sweet spot, I also like that the new system caters for all those tastes.

The new loot system is a game changer, I found the old indoor loot system was much more predictable, in that the containers were the only focal point when you entered a building, I found this to be pretty repetitive after a while, whereas the new system encourages a much more realistic scavenging approach, both visually and dynamically. 

• Like 6

Here's a more detailed explanation of the current loot system wich, hopefully, should help mission makers balance their scenarios.

What happens when you loot an object?

If it's a static prop (part of the terrain itself), the script will look for the closest building and determine what loot category should be spawned when searching - civilian, military or industrial (that's why it's important to properly configure the list of structures to be processed by the module : Arma3, CUP etc). If none are found, the civilian category will be used as default! If the object is spawned by the ambient furnitures system, loot category is assigned already.

Then we choose a loot type : that's where those spawn chances arrays come in play. Let's say your civilian loot array is configured as such :

//[survival, weapons, magazines, clothes, backpacks]
[75,10,25,75,50]

Whatever loot type to be spawned is selected with the selectRandomWeighted command based on provided values for each elements of the array : in this case it will often be either a survival or a clothing item, maybe a backpack, very rarely weapons or mags. Basically, the difference between the highest and the lowest values in the array will play a big part : if there is a big difference, it will be even harder to find rare "loot types". That's where the code is tricky and hard to balance - I'll work further on that later.

Once we have selected a loot type, it's just a matter of comparing a random number to the associated value.

Again, whatever terrains and structures (and associated compos) you may use will make a big difference on the overall difficulty; you'll have to spend a bit of time to test and find the proper settings according to your scenarios. I know it's annoying having to re-work parts of missions that were fine-tuned already, but Ravage is still in Alpha so you should expect further changes down the line. :/

It's all for the greater good though!

And lastly, the default values for the module are super hardcore, I will update those.

Happy holidays to y'all by the way! \o/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Nice explanation Haleks... I think if we got a few baselines then people could tweak it to their liking... interesting about the difference in the values...

G'day mate

Merry Christmas! However I've got 2 questions/inquiries.

1) Is there a way to change the audible distance that the zombies hear? I was testing it out yesterday with mates and we could be in a gunfight almost in rock throwing distance yet some zombies wont aggro, only the ones extremely close would. 

2) How does ACE work with the vehicle repair, does ACE repair work just as well or do we maintain the Ravage repair? I haven't gotten around to testing with ACE yet with the boys however though I'd ask here if there's anything I should know.

Found the mod only yesterday and absolutely loving it so far, took me like 10mins before I told all my mates to download it haha. 

Cheers

19 hours ago, Chuc said:

@lv1234 Set the vehicle to lock, give it a name like Car_1 and in its init out

removeAllActions Car_1;

Locking it will stop the normal drive and inventory option and removing the actions should remove ravage actions.

Another way to do it is add it to a script with a sleep time first

/// Car_1.sqf

sleep 5;

removeAllActions Car_1

//Car_1 init

execVM "Car_1.sqf";

That should give ravage time to add the actions then it should remove them

Just locking it removed all the actions for me.

I set the vehicle to lock but I am still able to open the inventory (using 3eden enhanced btw)

Also to rename the car, would changing the variable name do? Seems like I can't find any other option besides that

9 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I can't find a good loot number. I'm putting things at 50 or around 50 and I'm still struggling to find loot. Finding "something" like an empty can is at least better than nothing. The new loot system seems to produce more "There is nothing" notifications regardless of what number I set. It seems like there is just less things to search now in general. I miss walking into a hangar and seeing three or four random containers to search. Now it's empty 100% of the time. I assume it will get tweaked.

I enjoyed the old loot system though, where you could choose between containers or searching objects or even have both. I actually had my missions set up so that you mostly search with holdaction, with the occasional container spawning here and there to help balance things.

Somewhat I have had a similar impression. I believe that the new ambient loot furniture only randomly appear as if there is a cap. Plus trash heaps and such are empty 9 out or 10. I willl try much higher values and post them here as cosmic10r said. 

9 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

It may well be that some structures don't have an ambient furniture composition attached to them.......yet!     Future updates will address this for sure.

Regarding loot values, before finding an overall balance, my approach is to test each area (civilian,industrial,military) individually, setting the values to 100 then dialling them back to find the sweet spot for that particular scenario.....I like that everyone has a different idea of the sweet spot, I also like that the new system caters for all those tastes.

The new loot system is a game changer, I found the old indoor loot system was much more predictable, in that the containers were the only focal point when you entered a building, I found this to be pretty repetitive after a while, whereas the new system encourages a much more realistic scavenging approach, both visually and dynamically. 

Like your comment and also see it as a step forward for the immersion of looting. 

... but regarding your first line: Tested repeatedly 7 barracks on small NW military island on Tanoa ... approached the first on foot from appr. 300m walking distance. 1 or 2 out of 7 have ambient Stuff in them. (I'll publish my values as soon I am at my PC again). 

I made big differences in values e.g. to spawn guns in Barracks and not vital items.

Vice versa high values for vital items in civil buildings. (as the module allows or proposes)

We get this tuned =)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

G'day mate

Merry Christmas! However I've got 2 questions/inquiries.

1) Is there a way to change the audible distance that the zombies hear? I was testing it out yesterday with mates and we could be in a gunfight almost in rock throwing distance yet some zombies wont aggro, only the ones extremely close would. 

2) How does ACE work with the vehicle repair, does ACE repair work just as well or do we maintain the Ravage repair? I haven't gotten around to testing with ACE yet with the boys however though I'd ask here if there's anything I should know.

Found the mod only yesterday and absolutely loving it so far, took me like 10mins before I told all my mates to download it haha. 

Cheers

ace repair works. Ace does work there didnt seem to be any problems for me when i used it with ravage. You still get the ravage repair option and it all still works but the best part is with ace you dont need a tool kit to repair a tire but you cant use ravage tire you have to use the ace one form the car cargo bay but with that said you still can use ravage tire and tool kit to change a tire.

So it works it just gives you 2 ways to do a lot of things. 

Hey folks,

have a lot of time now during the holidays and so I'm doing various tests within my arma missions.  The new loot system has thrown up a lot of questions/demands for sharing loot settings and I have completed the first batch of tests on one of my favourite maps, Esseker.  The settings in the loot module are shown in the first pic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gfc9paldfbj5ig5/RAVAGE Loot module settings esseker.png?dl=0

As you can see, I have lootable furnitures enabled.  On this map, all kinds of furmiture are present in the buildings and can be accessed for looting.  With the above settings, I conducted a test in the following sequence:

• In a civilian area I looted 42 boxes of the ubiquitious light brown/beige wood square brand which are so typical for the Esseker map.  Why 42? Nah, not because of Hitchhiker's guide to Galaxy, but instead because in and around a barn near my starting point for this testing session there was this number of boxes present.  It was a village with NO industrial structures at all; so these 42 boxes represented the loot to be expected in purely "civilian" buildings.  I found the following: 2 Sodas, 1 dirty water, 2 match boxes, 1 watch, 2 fuel hoses, 1 rusty food can, 1 FAK, 1 Tent, 1 "good" food item, 1 respawn camp. See here the barn and the kind of boxes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/invha74a95v2nj1/barnful of boxes.png?dl=0

• In a civilian area I then looted 42 furniture objects in this and the next village and found: 1 money, 3 "other" combustibles (notepad, documents), 1 flashlight, 1 empty canteen, 1 rusty food can. Forgot to make a pic, but I had all kind of different furnitures in my 42 objects sample.

• In an industrial area  I looted 42 boxes of the ubiquitious light brown/beige wood square brand and found this:  2 vests, 1 facewear, 2 empty bottles 1 backpack, 1 "other" combustible, 1 cleaned water, 4 sodas, 1 "good" food, 1 tent, 1 flashlight. Note here as well the presence of above mentioned boxes in large clusters; this is specific to Esseker map and NOT to be expected on other maps!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efwg5iqtdbu1ie8/industrial logistics hub esseker.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efwg5iqtdbu1ie8/industrial logistics hub esseker.png?dl=0

• In a military area I looted a total of 35 boxes and cars because there were no more lootable objects than that available and found this: 2 empty bottles, 4 binocs, 1 geiger counter, 1 RPG launcher, 13 rifles, 1 MG, 24 magazines for various rifles & pistols, mostly NOT not fitting to the rifles I had found. These military loot boxes were all part of the compositions hand-made by the RAVAGE supporters.

Conclusions of 1st test: 

• Without the convenient "boxes of the ubiquitious light brown/beige wood square brand", surviving would've been quite hard and even more so if you consider that in MP, all looted boxes are shared over the network.  
  • If you set military loot high, the hand-made compos really give you BANG! for your buck...
  • cars net a rather sparse loot amount compared to boxes
  • furniture is almost not worth the time effort of looting
  • clothing loot was WAY lower than I had expected in both civ and industrial loot

Would be cool if other players could share their test results as well!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Outstanding Tourist!!!

Thank you!

Im gonna petition the german govt for another extra 2 weeks of vacation time for you so you get more Ravage dev time...

;)

• Like 1

Hi everyone, back here again

I have created user textures from pictures stored on my computer. I ran my mission and the textures appear but however I want to re-edit those textures. Then I edit the pictures hoping the user textures using the pictures in the game change also but they remain unchanged?

Does anybody know why this happens?

35 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

Hi everyone, back here again

I have created user textures from pictures stored on my computer. I ran my mission and the textures appear but however I want to re-edit those textures. Then I edit the pictures hoping the user textures using the pictures in the game change also but they remain unchanged?

Does anybody know why this happens?

You definately overwrote the files in the mission folder?

Sometimes i have to save and reopen the mission for all changes to take effect...

Other then that there is no other reason o cam think of besides wrong file names...

28 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

You definately overwrote the files in the mission folder?

Sometimes i have to save and reopen the mission for all changes to take effect...

Other then that there is no other reason o cam think of besides wrong file names...

I put down some user textures (in game option) and applied my pictures to it

I double checked it and it seems that I am using the right file name...Unless I have to change it again

1 hour ago, lv1234 said:

I put down some user textures (in game option) and applied my pictures to it

I double checked it and it seems that I am using the right file name...Unless I have to change it again

Those transparent signboards you can use ?

Seems odd... no reason it would still have the old textures that i can think of

26 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Those transparent signboards you can use ?

Seems odd... no reason it would still have the old textures that i can think of

yep

Idk but changing the image name to a new one seemed to have worked

Anyway, a little off topic but do you know how to remove maps and firstaidkits from a civilian using an init code?

On 23/12/2017 at 10:05 AM, cosmic10r said:

in the init try 

clearItemCargoGlobal this;
clearBackpackCargoGlobal this;

All of them to completely empty each type

Should be one of those or both

4 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Should be one of those or both

Ai still has the items unfortunately

on a side not we are trying to organize a mp session. Either hosted or on my d3di ( assuming i can get it updated properly.)

@Evil Organ @tourist @Donnie_Plays

Are going to try to make it... i will likely change ravage escape to 8-10 player and we play on malden or cherno redux. Im pretty sure we could try new haven but then a bunch of others would have to walked thru the install process. Donnie has talked to deathlyRage from BP and he is ok with new haven being a thing as long as its in arma. So its an option. I would like to set a time... hopefully we can make it work ;)

It would be fun to try to get some community members for this... 

We need a time... based on euro time since its earlier here then there... what works?

• Like 2

this unassignItem "itemmap";

this removeItem "itemmap";

Same with first aid kit classname?

@lv1234

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

@lv1234

The unassign item init command worked! Thank you for the assistance

1 hour ago, cosmic10r said:

@lv1234

Now can you add two unassignitem commands in the init? Just wondering because it seems that the one for the map works but the one for the first aid kit doesn't? Here is what i did: this unassignItem "FirstAidKit";

update: did this removeItem "FirstAidKit"; and that worked for the first aid

• Like 1

For some reason when I try to loot my "slouched over" dead pre-placed ai. the loot inventory would pop up but instantly close again..This happens with some ai and doesn't happen to others even in the same position and with different clothing.

I have encountered a bug that I have seen people post about before, but until now I have not seen it myself.

Sometimes when I shoot an AI or zombie... a small group of zombies spawn right on top of them. Usually between 4-6 zombies. I actually shot three AI and each AI that I shot spawned a small group, so I had like 20 zombies appear all at once in front of me.

14 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I have encountered a bug that I have seen people post about before, but until now I have not seen it myself.

Sometimes when I shoot an AI or zombie... a small group of zombies spawn right on top of them. Usually between 4-6 zombies. I actually shot three AI and each AI that I shot spawned a small group, so I had like 20 zombies appear all at once in front of me.

Running any other mods other than Ravage and CBA?......BattleChief reported a similar bug and narrowed it down to Bloodlust and Project SFX causing this phenomenon. ^^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Running any other mods other than Ravage and CBA?......BattleChief reported a similar bug and narrowed it down to Bloodlust and Project SFX causing this phenomenon. ^^

I was running project SFX and bloodlust. I had a suspicion that one of the mods I was running, caused the problem. I have been testing a lot of different mods lately with Ravage just for fun.