21 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

gents! while sitting in a boring meeting an idea stirred! i love that u benefit from eating at the campfire! but would it be possible to add a option in the modules, that eating is only possible at a campfires? 

imagine that you would have to find a save spot in the region where you are currently looting, that u can defend against hunters and Z, to set up camp and eat every once and a while (depending on hunger settings). this could set incentives to have permanent camps, maybe along with a respawn tent and a supply box (e.g. crafted with a crafting mod such as r3f or edn fortification) to store some leftover gear that one has to cycle back to. maybe even set up some claymores...;) u could also increase dificulty by lowering spawn chances of survival items, e.g. have more of it spawn in civilian areas so after a nice military area loot session, getting them big guns, you have think about picking up foods in the civilian areas and then head back..

I strongly agree, I understand I may be a bit late to respond to this, but I quite honestly agree...I would like to see this, because I don't feel that the AI are plentiful enough if you sit in one spot, I have had fun times holding down some spots in Esseker (The one gas station, forgot its name...but its got the buildings, and the whole fence around it...something-something Petrol station) and I would have to leave and come back to it to reset the AI patrol so they would come at the compound, and I would kill them all..it was fun, I wish they just had a natural way of doing that in game with a like a camp or outpost...I could see reusing the initial wreck patrol script as a possibility, but I have no idea how to redirect them to a "camp" of some sort, and what kind of scripting would have to take place for that to happen...but I wholeheartedly agree...

Does anyone know how to make a fully intact vehicle be non-lootable? (no inventory and no scavaging)

v0147 new loot module related Post

greetings guys ... can't wrap my head around this:
I made two scenarios with the older version of Ravage Tanoa and updated both to v0147. All loot values are tweaked to be more pleasant than the vanilla settings. Now not every building has loot containers even though the Ambient structures are toggled on. All containers rarely have loot in them, also those around the buildings. I don't believe that this is intended. Can anyone confirm or propose a fix?

Also I found a truck in one one building that was not open nor damaged. I think they are called bootcamps.

5 hours ago, lv1234 said:

Does anyone know how to make a fully intact vehicle be non-lootable? (no inventory and no scavaging)

If your not going to use the vehicule. Try to lock it. I think you can not access the vehicule inventory.

11 hours ago, lv1234 said:

clearWeaponCargoGlobal this;

clearMagazineCargoGlobal this;
clearItemCargoGlobal this;
clearBackpackCargoGlobal this;

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/clearWeaponCargoGlobal

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/clearMagazineCargoGlobal

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/clearItemCargoGlobal

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/clearBackpackCargoGlobal

11 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

[_unit, _x] remoteExec ["addAction", 0, true];} forEach [["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"],["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"]];

all the _unit variables in bold have to be the same as the variable in the script and will only work on in a single unit and not groups

nice i was looking for this! thanks, will try it with aissp;)

4 hours ago, MisterOth said:

If your not going to use the vehicule. Try to lock it. I think you can not access the vehicule inventory.

Already tried that

4 hours ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

So would i use all of those init codes or one of them?

in the init try this 

All of them to completely empty each type

12 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

in the init try this 

All of them to completely empty each type

I put all that into the init config of the vehicle, but i am still able to loot the inventory and scavenge the vehicle for parts

33 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

I put all that into the init config of the vehicle, but i am still able to loot the inventory and scavenge the vehicle for parts

When you say loot the inventory do you mean open the inventory? If so , then I don't believe that is possible... there is no way to disable the default addactions. I looked for a bit but you have to hack pretty deep to scratch the surface.

That command deletes all the items in the inventory but does not disable the action.

As for scavenging the vehicle for parts... there is likely a way to disable that such as the rvg_owned command on the wiki. I haven't tested it.

@lv1234 Set the vehicle to lock, give it a name like Car_1 and in its init out

removeAllActions Car_1;

Locking it will stop the normal drive and inventory option and removing the actions should remove ravage actions.

Another way to do it is add it to a script with a sleep time first

/// Car_1.sqf

sleep 5;

removeAllActions Car_1

//Car_1 init

execVM "Car_1.sqf";

That should give ravage time to add the actions then it should remove them

Just locking it removed all the actions for me.

• Like 1

The new ambient loot module is very immersive from an aesthetic point of view ... but on my end I hardly find any containers spawning and find them mostly empty. Let's say maybe 2 or 3 percent of any loot container has loot at all. This goes through any type of building in or outside. Any one else has that too?

45 minutes ago, Schrebers said:

The new ambient loot module is very immersive from an aesthetic point of view ... but on my end I hardly find any containers spawning and find them mostly empty. Let's say maybe 2 or 3 percent of any loot container has loot at all. This goes through any type of building in or outside. Any one else has that too?

Containers aren't used anymore, search the furniture and rubbish piles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chuc said:

Just locking it removed all the actions for me.

Nice. Didnt know that. Cheers!

I was trying to remove the open inventory for traders and apparently that cant be removed... so another solution will be needed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Containers aren't used anymore, search the furniture and rubbish piles.

Thanks for response. It helped to understand the new loot system better. Unfortunately it does not answer my question: I was aiming at why there is less things that contain loot and less loot contained in them at all. My english is a bit simple, hope I could make my point clear now.

I try to raise the loot chance much more in editor than I already did, it might help to fix my two scenarios ...

45 minutes ago, Schrebers said:

Thanks for response. It helped to understand the new loot system better. Unfortunately it does not answer my question: I was aiming at why there is less things that contain loot and less loot contained in them at all. My english is a bit simple, hope I could make my point clear now.

I try to raise the loot chance much more in editor than I already did, it might help to fix my two scenarios ...

Post the values you are using in the module please.

Im using something like.  

[50,40,30,45,50]

And there still isnt a ton although when i watched Donnies stream he found a KIR (rusty) and awhile back i found my first scope, a mrco.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Post the values you are using in the module please.

Im using something like.  

[50,40,30,45,50]

And there still isnt a ton although when i watched Donnies stream he found a KIR (rusty) and awhile back i found my first scope, a mrco.

Thanks. I try these values asap and post mine too.
Mrco? Wow. On Altis?

Edited by Schrebers
Missing info

15 minutes ago, Schrebers said:

Thanks. I try these values asap. mrco? Wow. On Altis?

Ive found a DMS scope before on Altis, though it wasn't helpful as i was still running around with a pistol.

• Haha 1

Yeah... those were the values in Donnies mission too..

It was New Haven but same idea. Those values have a better supply but one person commented in the escape thread that it was too much food.  It would be great if people could post their values and impressions in sp and or mp and maybe we could get a baseline.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Ive found a DMS scope before on Altis, though it wasn't helpful as i was still running around with a pistol.

Did u keep it like a holy grail lol

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

It would be great if people could post their values and impressions in sp and or mp and maybe we could get a baseline.

I can't find a good loot number. I'm putting things at 50 or around 50 and I'm still struggling to find loot. Finding "something" like an empty can is at least better than nothing. The new loot system seems to produce more "There is nothing" notifications regardless of what number I set. It seems like there is just less things to search now in general. I miss walking into a hangar and seeing three or four random containers to search. Now it's empty 100% of the time. I assume it will get tweaked.

I enjoyed the old loot system though, where you could choose between containers or searching objects or even have both. I actually had my missions set up so that you mostly search with holdaction, with the occasional container spawning here and there to help balance things.

50 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I can't find a good loot number. I'm putting things at 50 or around 50 and I'm still struggling to find loot. Finding "something" like an empty can is at least better than nothing. The new loot system seems to produce more "There is nothing" notifications regardless of what number I set. It seems like there is just less things to search now in general. I miss walking into a hangar and seeing three or four random containers to search. Now it's empty 100% of the time. I assume it will get tweaked.

I enjoyed the old loot system though, where you could choose between containers or searching objects or even have both. I actually had my missions set up so that you mostly search with holdaction, with the occasional container spawning here and there to help balance things.

We can do some testing and see... its hard to adjust right now without doing some testing..

Im gonna try 90 across the board in a mission and see what it does

• Like 1