40 minutes ago, H.M.Helbrecht said:

ok, so I've been fighting with trying to get a zombie horde to spawn manually based off a trigger so no avail.

I've tried linking the horde module to a trigger and that failed. There is no condition field so I can't use that. The closest I've come to getting a horde the way I want it was using the following script...

0 = [] spawn {
 for "_i" from 0 to 50 do {
	_hordePos = getMarkerPos "horde1"
	_pos = [_hordePos, 1, 50, 3, 0, 20, 0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
	_zed = createAgent [call zedsToSpawn, _pos, [horde1], 50, "NONE"];
	_zed setDir random 359;
	};
};

This gives me 50 random zombies but I would like to specify the clothing they are wearing but have no idea how to do that. Any assistance or gentle nudges in the right direction would be much appreciated.

P.S. I'm new to scripting and terrible at it so go easy on me. ;-)

The current implementation of zombie uniforms is a bit tricky to work with (something I'll need to re-think), but for now, the following tweak should do it :

0 = [] spawn {
		_zed setDir random 359;
		_zed spawn {
			sleep 1; //let the init assign a default uniform, increase sleep time if needed
			_this forceAddUniform selectRandom ["classname1", "classname2"];//now add your own uniform
		};
	};
};

1 minute ago, BattleChief said:

@haleks

I have finished all 109 buildings...how do you want me to give you the mission file so you can work with it?

Wow that was fast!

Just zip your mission folder and send it to me, I'll take care of the rest. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@haleks

I have enough motivation to work on em all, plus, I have only been working on the buildings, I haven't played too much Ravage in between XD

• Like 1

Like EO said, don't burn yourself out. ^^

It's going to be at least several weeks before the next update. ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, haleks said:

The current implementation of zombie uniforms is a bit tricky to work with (something I'll need to re-think), but for now, the following tweak should do it :

0 = [] spawn {
		_zed setDir random 359;
		_zed spawn {
			sleep 1; //let the init assign a default uniform, increase sleep time if needed
			_this forceAddUniform selectRandom ["classname1", "classname2"];//now add your own uniform
		};
	};
};

Haleks I can't thank you enough for the help.

If you're ever in Austin, Texas let me know and I'll arrange a beer, or two,  for you ....if you're of legal drinking age that is ;-).

• Thanks 1

Hey, I am glad I got it over with, I tried to do a minimalistic setting for the buildings, but I tried to make it feel like it belonged, like in one building, I got a guy in a body bag, who took the easy way out...his last thoughts are all over the wall...and then I got countless buildings with blood and what not to add to the environment, I sorta went quickly over the last few buildings, they didn't need too much detail anyways...

Here she is haleks, got the link all set, and the file compressed...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/suf3vmwy8q22whr/Ravage%20Building%20compos%2e.VR.zip?dl=0

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@BattleChief if you want you can do these buildings 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=539126468

With this

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28882

First link is the buildings second link is the Aussie map. If you get the map with out the buildings mod the map will not quite work properly. Some buildings are already furnished so you need both. 

I have tried but I am no good at this kind of thing. 

@BattleChief @haleks

I have no idea how the Ravage's obj composition spawner works. However, If it can execute a code for each spawned objects, then you can input into some objects execution slot that you would like to be random disappeared:

if ((selectRandomWeighted [0,0.45,1,0.65]) == 0) then {deleteVehicle _this;}; //<-- suppose that the argument would be "_this"

for breaking the repetitive composition.

Once someone gets a chance to try it in MP and can confirm the new systems are working then Cherno Redux will follow...

@lordbooka I like that idea because it will keep it fresh for the compo designers as well... the more random the better.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BattleChief said:

Hey, I am glad I got it over with, I tried to do a minimalistic setting for the buildings, but I tried to make it feel like it belonged, like in one building, I got a guy in a body bag, who took the easy way out...his last thoughts are all over the wall...and then I got countless buildings with blood and what not to add to the environment, I sorta went quickly over the last few buildings, they didn't need too much detail anyways...

Here she is haleks, got the link all set, and the file compressed...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/suf3vmwy8q22whr/Ravage%20Building%20compos%2e.VR.zip?dl=0

Nice job man. Some dark stuff went on in a few of those rooms... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@cosmic10r

The whole situation in Ravage is dark...I just thought I would add some realism, and show the desperation of one soul caught in the maelstrom of chaos...

Apart from that, I wanted to Graffiti the big church a little... 

I'm getting distracted... lol...

gotta stay on task here  :)

2I6Xsbb.jpg

• Like 5

so i have done a bit of my ravage mission. Its not finished and needs cleaning up. ATM you are just following clues to get to the safe zone. I left teleporting poles in places for testing (i forgot to take them out) you can ignore them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6rimr16kjhpyiuy/AABnFnKDEJ8osdVDSQpzCaqUa?dl=0

Thats the link to the mission and the mod list. I added links to the mods so you can easily access them. Any help or advise you guys could give me would be great.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, H.M.Helbrecht said:

If you're ever in Austin, Texas let me know and I'll arrange a beer, or two,  for you ....if you're of legal drinking age that is ;-).

I'd appreciate it if you'd punch Lance Armstrong. And Haleks, being French, would probably agree.

(Bloody hell, this thread has just exploded this week. Well done, everybody)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

gents! while sitting in a boring meeting an idea stirred! i love that u benefit from eating at the campfire! but would it be possible to add a option in the modules, that eating is only possible at a campfires? 

imagine that you would have to find a save spot in the region where you are currently looting, that u can defend against hunters and Z, to set up camp and eat every once and a while (depending on hunger settings). this could set incentives to have permanent camps, maybe along with a respawn tent and a supply box (e.g. crafted with a crafting mod such as r3f or edn fortification) to store some leftover gear that one has to cycle back to. maybe even set up some claymores...;) u could also increase dificulty by lowering spawn chances of survival items, e.g. have more of it spawn in civilian areas so after a nice military area loot session, getting them big guns, you have think about picking up foods in the civilian areas and then head back..

• Like 2

Haleks, first, thanks for amazing mod. Really like how easy it is to set up and how awesome it works!

Got a bit of a problem though. I'm trying to use custom gearlist (replacing rvg_weapons, rvg_weaponsA3, rvg_LMG, rvg_LMGA3, rvg_items, rvg_uniqueItems, etc) Works fine for bandits and survivors, but lootable objects still contain only vanilla ammo and weapons. Am I doing something wrong or it's just the way it works for now?

UPD Also noticed, that some survivors packing pistols and RPG-7s, which are not on the list.

UPD2 There's also few problems with traders: 1) backpack is accessible and you can snatch 1 item before they turn hostlie 2)  when you sell weapon from backpack - they give you money, but the weapon remains (infinite money $$$).

• Like 1

How do I make zombie tougher? I believe they don't do enough damage per hit 

good morning all,

I have tried to limit the weapons that spawn and are carried by AI using the two options on the wiki:

The shorter one was putting the below into init.sqf:

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
{
0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x; //civilians weapons
}
forEach [
"CUP_srifle_CZ550_rail"
];
{
0 = rvg_Weapons pushBack _x; // military weapons
}
forEach [
"CUP_srifle_CZ550_rail"
];
{
0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x; // accessories
}
forEach [
"CUP_PipeBomb_M"
];

The above would not work tho, any idea how I can get this to work? The CZ ist just for testing atm of course, there will be more weapons=)

Thanks for the help and BR

Ok, here's what I've got for the replacement part. Works fine for spawned AI, one placed on the map need some delay before receiving gear. Doesn't work for stuff spawned in the containers for some reason.

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
sleep 1;

//Survivalist Weapons/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
rvg_weapons = [];
_rvg_weapons = rvg_weapons;
{if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x)) then {0 = rvg_weapons pushBack _x;};} forEach [
"rhsusf_weap_glock17g4"
];
rvg_weapons = [_rvg_weapons,[],{[_x] call rvg_fnc_getWeaponCost},"ASCEND"] call BIS_fnc_sortBy;
rvg_weaponsA3 = rvg_weapons;

//Military Weapons/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
rvg_LMG = [];
_rvg_LMG = rvg_LMG;
{if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x)) then {0 = rvg_LMG pushBack _x;};} forEach [
"rhs_weap_ak74m_zenitco01"
];
rvg_LMG = [_rvg_LMG,[],{[_x] call rvg_fnc_getWeaponCost},"ASCEND"] call BIS_fnc_sortBy;
rvg_LMGA3 = rvg_LMG;

//Weapon Accessories///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
rvg_WeaponItems = [];
_rvg_WeaponItems = rvg_WeaponItems;
{if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x)) then {0 = rvg_WeaponItems pushBack _x;};} forEach [
"optic_NVS"
];
rvg_WeaponItems = [_rvg_WeaponItems,[],{[_x] call rvg_fnc_getWeaponCost},"ASCEND"] call BIS_fnc_sortBy;

//Weapon Lights////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
rvg_WeaponLights = [];
_rvg_WeaponLights = rvg_WeaponLights;
{if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x)) then {0 = rvg_WeaponLights pushBack _x;};} forEach [
"acc_flashlight"
];
rvg_WeaponLights = [_rvg_WeaponLights,[],{[_x] call rvg_fnc_getWeaponCost},"ASCEND"] call BIS_fnc_sortBy;

• Like 2

Thank you @bl2ck dog, i just tried the above, (copied it 1to1 into my init.sqf) but it does not seem to work=/ AI spawn with all kinds of weaps.

14 hours ago, Vandeanson said:

gents! while sitting in a boring meeting an idea stirred! i love that u benefit from eating at the campfire! but would it be possible to add a option in the modules, that eating is only possible at a campfires? 

imagine that you would have to find a save spot in the region where you are currently looting, that u can defend against hunters and Z, to set up camp and eat every once and a while (depending on hunger settings). this could set incentives to have permanent camps, maybe along with a respawn tent and a supply box (e.g. crafted with a crafting mod such as r3f or edn fortification) to store some leftover gear that one has to cycle back to. maybe even set up some claymores...;) u could also increase dificulty by lowering spawn chances of survival items, e.g. have more of it spawn in civilian areas so after a nice military area loot session, getting them big guns, you have think about picking up foods in the civilian areas and then head back..

Would be a great RP idea. Once sometime of persistance is implemented it would be great. I know Tourist has a persistance system going with alive I think so there may be some options in the future for base building etc.

In terms of the bolded section... that is already present... different stuff is more likely to spawn in civilian, military and industrial areas and the stuff spawning is associated with the area or building

12 hours ago, bl2ck dog said:

Haleks, first, thanks for amazing mod. Really like how easy it is to set up and how awesome it works!

Got a bit of a problem though. I'm trying to use custom gearlist (replacing rvg_weapons, rvg_weaponsA3, rvg_LMG, rvg_LMGA3, rvg_items, rvg_uniqueItems, etc) Works fine for bandits and survivors, but lootable objects still contain only vanilla ammo and weapons. Am I doing something wrong or it's just the way it works for now?

UPD Also noticed, that some survivors packing pistols and RPG-7s, which are not on the list.

UPD2 There's also few problems with traders: 1) backpack is accessible and you can snatch 1 item before they turn hostlie 2)  when you sell weapon from backpack - they give you money, but the weapon remains (infinite money $$$).

Lootable objects are not pulling from the weaponlists i dont think but thats not a bad idea, I think the next update will be surrounding guns and the lists so a lot of this may be moot in the next few updates.

I think the most requested thing is being able to adjust the loot tables so Im sure Haleks has taken that into account.

UPD2 is known i belleve... i keep meaning to look for a solution to the stealing from traders...

11 hours ago, Chuc said:

How do I make zombie tougher? I believe they don't do enough damage per hit 

at this point you cant but if you saw lordbookas post and Haleks reaction then I think it will be possible to modify the zombies init using the module soon :)

Keep in mind, I don't speak for what Haleks has planned at this point... more just what I've pulled together from various discussions... so no promises LOL

• Like 1

How can i make spawned AI from script be recruit able with ravage?

3 minutes ago, Chuc said:

How can i make spawned AI from script be recruit able with ravage?

[_unit, _x] remoteExec ["addAction", 0, true];} forEach [["Recruit Unit", "\ravage\actions\recruit.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target != group _this}"],["Dismiss Unit", "\ravage\actions\dismiss.sqf",[_unit], 1, false, true, "", "alive _target && {group _target == group _this}"]];

all the _unit variables in bold have to be the same as the variable in the script and will only work on in a single unit and not groups

• Thanks 1