4 hours ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I'm getting this error code at the start of the lobby...I'm not getting this error on any other maps. Could this be Esseker related?
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/909030185110872194/59CE6213108C4446474D43A17DFB3027E301DC95/

That error is map related, a bunch of community made maps have this error since the recent 1.78 patch.

I believe paths to certain objects have changed, any map using said objects will throw this error.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

That error is map related, a bunch of community made maps have this error since the recent 1.78 patch.

I believe paths to certain objects have changed, any map using said objects will throw this error.

Did the CUP update from last night fix this maybe? I haven’t checked. If not it may not be a bad idea for someone to open a ticket for this kind of error. With Arma this close to end of life IMO backwards compatibility is ESSENTIAL before they stop updating the game entirely.

For all I know there is a ticket open but feedback tracker’s search function leaves a lot to be desired. I tried searching for a different issue before posting a ticket last week and results don’t seem to filter/sort based on date or even game (2014 DayZ tickets on the first page in my Arma search, what the hell lol?)

I have same problem as Chuc, but I noticed that when I move a little bit further from zombies, so the new ones can spawn, the freshly spawned zombies are attacking me. Also I noticed that zombies tend to gather around player's dead body.

2 hours ago, haleks said:

@Chuc: That is odd indeed; zombies are scripted to look for any target inheriting from the following classnames :

They will also ignore hidden/invisible entities as well as empty vehicles : nothing related to respawn. :/

I'll try to reproduce this on my end (are you using vanilla respawn or another scripted method?).

@Donnie_Plays: How did you name your mission? My only guess ATM is there might be a special character or something similar the MP save module can't handle.

I think the zombie modules should have the event code executions for init, handleDamage, and Killed events. This should be easier for a mission maker to customize their zeds.

Just give you an idea:

o86MhNA.gif

Because I would like to use my WarfareThai zeds in Ravage!:don11:

jT9DP96.jpgUfg7tie.jpgDhqCd1r.jpgeXierdL.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@lordbooka: That's a friggin good idea! <3

I will definitely work on that for the next update!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lordbooka said:

I think the zombie modules should have the event code executions for init, handleDamage, and Killed events. This should be easier for a mission maker to customize their zeds.

Just give you an idea:

Because I would like to use my WarfareThai zeds in Ravage!:don11:

jT9DP96.jpg

@lordbooka

Those are super creepy!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, haleks said:

How did you name your mission? My only guess ATM is there might be a special character or something similar the MP save module can't handle.

It was named "Day of the Dead (MP 1-6)" (without quotations). I have another mission titled "DayZ Sandbox (MP 1-10)" that is having no problems with save options. I tried simplifying and changing the name of the scenario to just "Day of the Dead" but it still will not work.

This may be an Arma bug. I've noticed something else that is Arma related. Mods and missions are no longer updating through steam when I subscribe to something. If I subscribe to an item, I have to open the launcher to get it to update and I'm not getting any notifications on what is updating on steam from workshop. Arma has released hotfixes lately so something may be going on. Missions may not be updating properly?

I don't know man, Steam has been acting up for me too lately (updating my mods has become a PITA)...

• Like 1

ok, I've just spent the past couple of hours going through google, this thread, and the wiki but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for so here it is...

How would I be able to activate the Ambient Zombie and hordes module only after a specific triggers or condition is met? I've tried syncing the module(s) with a trigger but the zeds all show up as soon as player enters the area. I'm working on a mission where a horde will be present only after certain events happen and/or conditions are met but can't seem to figure it out.  BTW, I only have a basic knowledge/understanding of scripting so any examples or even pointers would be highly appreciated.

Anyone here know how to fix broken Arma 3 maps? The code for the New Haven map for Breaking Point is available. This map has some problems... the biggest of which is the broken skybox. I'm mentioning this here... because I believe that the New Haven map is the best zombie apocalypse map for Arma 3. The map has towns with walls that look like something straight out of the Walking Dead, massive bridges that look like they were blown up in the middle and just an overall tone that the crap has hit the fan and the world has changed forever. I wish I knew how to fix it.

This is the link for the Breaking Point source code...
https://github.com/deathlyrage/breakingpointmod

9 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Anyone here know how to fix broken Arma 3 maps? The code for the New Haven map for Breaking Point is available. This map has some problems... the biggest of which is the broken skybox. I'm mentioning this here... because I believe that the New Haven map is the best zombie apocalypse map for Arma 3. The map has towns with walls that look like something straight out of the Walking Dead, massive bridges that look like they were blown up in the middle and just an overall tone that the crap has hit the fan and the world has changed forever. I wish I knew how to fix it.

For the black sky you could try PM’ing Jack Ost who made this mod or leave a request in his thread: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H.M.Helbrecht said:

ok, I've just spent the past couple of hours going through google, this thread, and the wiki but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for so here it is...

How would I be able to activate the Ambient Zombie and hordes module only after a specific triggers or condition is met? I've tried syncing the module(s) with a trigger but the zeds all show up as soon as player enters the area. I'm working on a mission where a horde will be present only after certain events happen and/or conditions are met but can't seem to figure it out.  BTW, I only have a basic knowledge/understanding of scripting so any examples or even pointers would be highly appreciated.

In the ambient zombie and ai module there is a condition field. Add 

"triggerActivated yourTriggerHere;" with out quotes. 

Thats how i did it for a couple of my missions a while ago. 

@haleks I did notice before bed that 2 zombies from a group of 10+ attacked me. I believe it's like what @Huri said, any zombie that us already spawned don't register you and only fresh spawns do.

To replicate add the ambient module and set it to 100 pop and 300 max (my settings) add a respawn camp and log in. Find the zombies and put the camp down. Get killed and spawn in next to them and they will not attack you. 

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

For the black sky you could try PM’ing Jack Ost who made this mod or leave a request in his thread: 

I have taken charge. It is my personal mission to find a way to get this map fixed. I wish I knew how to do it myself.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

:don16:

@Donnie_Plays

a bit like this?

If you fixed it... I will be your best friend forever!

I badly want to play Ravage on the New Haven map!!!

2 hours ago, Chuc said:

In the ambient zombie and ai module there is a condition field. Add 

"triggerActivated yourTriggerHere;" with out quotes. 

Thats how i did it for a couple of my missions a while ago.

Thanks so much for that, it helped me a ton with the Ambient stuff.

Now any ideas on how to manually spawn a horde with the module using a trigger?

1 hour ago, Donnie_Plays said:

If you fixed it... I will be your best friend forever!

I badly want to play Ravage on the New Haven map!!!

LOL

Don't make promises you can't keep haha

:shine:

Ill post a few screenies in a few... im just looking at it now...

You can thank @Jack Ost . I reworked his config for it. I think I may have just added dynamic lighting too... not sure if it was present before... Im finding the lighting too "stratis" bright so let me fiddle with it a bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok... i worked through a bunch of the errors... seems to be ok... no?

HHS06lj.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, BattleChief said:

The first link is definitely the Ravage Mod, file size is exactly the same, the other two are probably just mission files made with Ravage.

• Like 1