@Evil Organ

So, I just need to make a mission in the VR editor, and do all the buildings? Jeez, If I had known sooner, I would have remade Kavala 20 times over by now!

• Haha 1

Would be nice to have a few variations done by people. If someone wants to help be systematic and choose one maps structures...

Do those and if you arent half blind by the time you are done then move on to the next map...

Keep in mind that you need to be careful of the icons in the editor...  i have found when i am trying to work with vanilla it is easier to disable all mods because you find something cool... put it down... and forget... then you have a cup dependency.

Just a word of advice..

You can use dlc assets because everyone has those...

And be careful of density... zombies cant climb over a room of luggage ;)

If we can get a few more done then EO wont always beat me to the loot cuz he diesnt have to search :D

• Like 3

@cosmic10r

Well, I am trying to do at least one variation for all the vanilla Altis buildings...I have always wanted to contribute to the mod, so I am gonna do this...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

@cosmic10r

Well, I am trying to do at least one variation for all the vanilla Altis buildings...I have always wanted to contribute to the mod, so I am gonna do this...

Another hard earned tip...

Do a couple and send them through and get some feedback... nothing worse then doing a bunch and finding out there is an issue :/

• Like 1

@cosmic10r

I do agree...but I saved mine so if I require a change, I can move some stuff...besides, I took off all but Ravage and CBA...but I do agree with you there...I have so far been limiting the loot spots..I just finished the Hanger, it only has like 3 loot spots that I can identify, oh, and a reminder, I am a man of detail, so expect me to do some really detailed stuff...The hanger has tools and what not, lemme get a photo...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1235879853

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116202547/screenshots/?appid=107410

EDIT: So Haleks...want me to mess with the Ghost hotel pool? I got that up as a spot to do for the loot...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BattleChief said:

@cosmic10r

I do agree...but I saved mine so if I require a change, I can move some stuff...besides, I took off all but Ravage and CBA...but I do agree with you there...I have so far been limiting the loot spots..I just finished the Hanger, it only has like 3 loot spots that I can identify, oh, and a reminder, I am a man of detail, so expect me to do some really detailed stuff...The hanger has tools and what not, lemme get a photo...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1235879853

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116202547/screenshots/?appid=107410

EDIT: So Haleks...want me to mess with the Ghost hotel pool? I got that up as a spot to do for the loot...

Nice... looks good on my end...

Haleks has final word lol

• Like 1

Okay cool. Supose I'll work on the Aussie buildings for you. 

So 2 - 3 furniture set ups per building? 

Sounds like fun. I'll do a vr mission and post it here for you. 

30 minutes ago, Chuc said:

Okay cool. Supose I'll work on the Aussie buildings for you. 

So 2 - 3 furniture set ups per building? 

Sounds like fun. I'll do a vr mission and post it here for you. 

It is actually is pretty fun. I was working on it to then got sucked into the guns lol. And if everyone does a building or two then it wont be like coming home for EO. 

I know how many nights he put into those ;)

Hi everyone

Quick question does the loot still spawn in luggage and crates or is it just props now?

7 minutes ago, Sgt Smash said:

Hi everyone

Quick question does the loot still spawn in luggage and crates or is it just props now?

I still saw a little bit of luggage and creates but not in buildings. Then the map I play on isn't supported yet so 90% is just empty 

I'm looking to use the Breaking Point weapons mod that tobias uploaded to workshop with Ravage. I want to add the weapon classes and ammo to the loot tables but I'm not sure where to start exactly.

@Evil Organ that looks really good. Are you able to upload that composition? I've been looking for a town layout for awhile now and that looks perfect

In terms of Guns and Rusty guns, weapon jamming, weapon wear, and adding weapons from other mods

Haleks is in the process of overhauling this in the coming months. This release focuses on the awesome new furniture looting system and ambient furniture and testing those things as well as any more bug reports.

All the guns I have done will be in the next few updates but it gives time to refactor how the mod works around the guns.

There is plenty of discussion in the dev thread about implementation.  I have also sought out a few permission and a couple look promising if I don't stink the joint up with crappy textures...

I'm guessing and hoping that Haleks has his usual "Ace up the sleeve" and  will have a great way to balance it all out.

@Donnie_Plays

you can hack this in right now but it isnt pretty. the code is on the wiki but I havent tested it in awhile and I believe some of the classnames have changed.

I saw those BP releases and have played with them extensively. it would be great to add them. BP is now opensource and as such... we may be able to add some of that stuff to ravage... ive looked at the melee stuff and its pretty cool.

We need a better system for adding guns to pools and I know that is coming at some point :)

At this point, if you can stand being a little patient, some more good things are coming..

if the guns get implemented and a few RP aspects are developed like buffs, building, shop systems and Haleks works his magic while me, EO and Tourist drink beer, 

This could be quite a definitive zombie experience... 

Honestly, the new furniture and loot spawning blew me away.. i went into a building the other day... and there was a trail of blood leading upstairs... I hightailed it outta there :smiley-punched:

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Chuc said:

I still saw a little bit of luggage and creates but not in buildings. Then the map I play on isn't supported yet so 90% is just empty 

I'm using chernarus, they used to spawn all over the place lol

Strange:down:

2 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

@cosmic10r

Did the wiki get updated yet on how to add more modded weapons and items to the loot table?

Planning to add these melee weapons into the game: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864458061

I mentioned a couple posts up that there will be, at some point, a better system to implement this...

I would summarize the requests in this order

1) how do we add the stuff we want to loot/uniforms/vehicles spawns

2) how do we add loot to a specific map

3) how can I build stuff

4) how do i turn off runners

5) how do I add runners

6) why are there runners

7) how can i buy and sell stuff more

8) Why is EOs furniture shop closed on sundays, i mean it's not like a man doesn't want to shop for fine accoutrements on a sunday

Haleks has hinted he has some plans... and seeing what he did with the jamming script... it will likely be good :)

• Like 2

Ive looked at every melee pack and some are really good and some arent as well developed...

I say that because I appreciate how complex this is and getting your own custom animation and weapon in game is like magic

It would be fantastic to see a definitive melee pack with proper animations and damage but keep in mind when you start digging under the hood you begin to find all the rust deposits...  :hang:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

I mentioned a couple posts up that there will be, at some point, a better system to implement this...

I would summarize the requests in this order

1) how do we add the stuff we want to loot/uniforms/vehicles spawns

2) how do we add loot to a specific map

3) how can I build stuff

4) how do i turn off runners

5) how do I add runners

6) why are there runners

7) how can i buy and sell stuff more

8) Why is EOs furniture shop closed on sundays, i mean it's not like a man doesn't want to shop for fine accoutrements on a sunday

Haleks has hinted he has some plans... and seeing what he did with the jamming script... it will likely be good :)

dont forget

9) Support group for ncp's who dont want to shoot zombies.

I've tried everything i can think of but he still will not shoot any zombies.

@cosmic10r

Well, I would love to see some melee weapons, something silent so I can use it while looting buildings to attract less attention...but that also would require the zombies to be less attentive so I could sneak in first...but I totally agree, it would be wonderful to see melee in here...I have been trying with the Project SFX's Improved melee system..but it doesn't damage zombies...I have died trying to melee a zombie with any gun...

Besides the facts above, I am steadily getting the buildings done! I am really liking my city houses so far, I like how much I can manipulate the blood stains into making wonderful scenes...I hope that quite a few of these make it into the actual game, knowing that I have at least done something to help...but I see why you said it is time consuming, 'cause it is! I have only done around 28-ish buildings so far, with about 3 hours of work (I started earlier today, but fell asleep at my desk :sleeping:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chuc said:

dont forget

9) Support group for ncp's who dont want to shoot zombies.

I've tried everything i can think of but he still will not shoot any zombies.

Are you Bluefor? he won't shoot them unless you are both bluefor...if you want to keep him as a civilian, go ahead and link him to your squad, but make sure your bluefor...thats about the only thing I can think of that could be an issue...unless you spawned them individually through the editor? if you go ahead and use the Ravage module to spawn them, and you are bluefor, then I would say there is an issue...but if your civilian, and he is civilian, and your spawned them individually, then maybe its an issue? I will test since I am in the editor...

EDIT: Uhmm...I got no idea why your having issues...I just tested it, the civilian was actively firing on zombies, even individually placed ones...I tried both as Civilians, and he was firing at each zombie he saw...

1 hour ago, BattleChief said:

Are you Bluefor? he won't shoot them unless you are both bluefor...if you want to keep him as a civilian, go ahead and link him to your squad, but make sure your bluefor...thats about the only thing I can think of that could be an issue...unless you spawned them individually through the editor? if you go ahead and use the Ravage module to spawn them, and you are bluefor, then I would say there is an issue...but if your civilian, and he is civilian, and your spawned them individually, then maybe its an issue? I will test since I am in the editor...

EDIT: Uhmm...I got no idea why your having issues...I just tested it, the civilian was actively firing on zombies, even individually placed ones...I tried both as Civilians, and he was firing at each zombie he saw...

yeah haleks said the same thing. Arma 3 just does weird things for me sometimes

I am civilian and he was blufor. I used the rvg recruit to recruit him and he wouldnt shoot zombies but he would shoot bandits. Then i tried to just group him with my character and the exact same thing happened. Weirder still i have  ENGIMA script to spawn civilians into the game and i use the rvg_fnc_equip with them and they shoot zombies just fine.

I just believe he must be one of them people who still see zombies as people and he just cant bring himself to kill them, hence the support group. 

time to go to bed

here is malden part 2

a lot of the gamplay is from my in game dev testing sessions... but its still some what representative of gameplay

some more work in progress gameplay. 

Chrenarus Redux is coming... :)

• Like 6

I went back and edited the Day of the Dead mission I have on workshop and tried to add both singleplayer saves and MP persistency. For whatever reason, save options are not showing when I test the mission. I previously did not use save options on this mission as it was intended to be an escape style mission with permadeath.

I'm getting this error code at the start of the lobby...I'm not getting this error on any other maps. Could this be Esseker related?
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/909030185110872194/59CE6213108C4446474D43A17DFB3027E301DC95/

This is strange, because the save option is working just fine on my other three workshop missions. It's just this one mission.

@Donnie_Plays looks like a map error.

@haleks, @cosmic10r I have another odd problem. I finely got camp respawn to work with no loadout and you start with a load out. Probably easier way to do it than what i did but i got it to work but the big problem i have is once i respawn at the camp the ambient zombies no longer attack me.

@Chuc: That is odd indeed; zombies are scripted to look for any target inheriting from the following classnames :

["CAManBase", "Dog_Base_F", "Goat_Base_F", "Sheep_random_F", "LandVehicle", "Helicopter", "Boat_F"]

They will also ignore hidden/invisible entities as well as empty vehicles : nothing related to respawn. :/

I'll try to reproduce this on my end (are you using vanilla respawn or another scripted method?).

@Donnie_Plays: How did you name your mission? My only guess ATM is there might be a special character or something similar the MP save module can't handle.