Hello Haleks,

Really enjoying the new loot system; you guys have done a fantastic job, and it fundamentally changes the relative cost/benefit considerations of looting different structures.  Just one small question: are the composition spawns affected in the same way by vehicles as the old loot system was? What I mean by that is, should you approach a structure on foot in order to get the best chances of finding loot?  I ask because in my new play-through, once I acquired a vehicle I started having very little luck finding anything. 

I also wanted to offer up a couple ideas for your consideration for future updates:

1. Would it be possible to set the length of time needed to loot objects to different values?  The thinking behind this was to maybe make it take longer to loot vehicle wrecks as opposed to building loot objects, just to add a bit more challenge/immersion.

2. I've noticed recently that sometimes when you run over zombies at low speed they fall down, but are still alive and get back up after a bit (maybe it has always been this way and I never noticed).  I've also noticed the bastards can still hit you when they are knocked down if you get too close, which gave me an idea.  Would it be possible to spawn zombies in this "knocked down" state, and have them stay that way (relatively motionless) until a player gets too close?  The purpose would be to spawn them in buildings, near wrecks, etc., to add an additional layer of danger to the player.  You would probably have to spawn in some combination of truly dead zombies along with the knocked down versions to keep the player guessing as to which ones might still be a threat.  It would even be pretty neat if you were to just incorporate dead zombies and civilian corpses into future evolutions of the furniture compositions.  

Thanks so much for all the hard work you guys put in to making such an entertaining mod.  Cheers. 

• Like 1

Yeah I agree. 

Since last update ever time I kill a zombie my game freezes for a split second and it registers 2 kills on my HG kill counter. 

My mission. Only 2 tasks set atm.

Was having a good day once leaving Melbourne. Lost a friend to the zombies. 

Driving into Bathurst i caught a glimpse of what looked like a party

3492F2BFBA2A410D21229AE86F69E9D74D4E2B83

I decided that i shouldnt go, even tho it looked like i was invited.

I made it to the safe zone just after dark. (i forgot to take in game screenshot)

7D2B83745DFFE21E31016F7F69A9A0F990072D51(taken from the editor)

Got some rest and headed for my next task. Jumped in a chopper and went north to check out a military base that they lost contact with.

DBF03E3C5A86D00EFFD3F11AEBFA30C6F969B2CB 

Once i landed the chopper had to head back to refuel. Once the chopper left i realized that i didnt resupply before i left and i only had 2 extra clips for both my guns.

I got inside and the shit hit the fan. I was over run within seconds and ran out of ammo. The heli, for some reason, couldnt come back and pick me up so i was on my own.

No food or water and i had ran out of ammo. Zombies on my tail i tried to hide.

C0A69B2DD01F5BB5391AFA49E7300BB049A5C0F7

well it didnt end well for me at all.

I had fun. The new loot system is really good. One question. Is there away to stop zombies from opening doors? Coz i noticed they dont stop chasing you.

on the way up cape york

FF964447017550A0B2CEFDCDC078C4E78A8524A8

I use the atmosphere for this mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32697. For some reason if i use ravages with the aussie map i cant get over 15fps. I also like the was this mod does radiation. 

• Like 3

I just checked out the new update. I really enjoy the new furniture system, but I noticed that the same furniture spawns in the same place in the same types of houses, which gives a repetitive experience. Not sure if this is a bug or if it was intended to be randomized. I also tried the default new looting system without tweaking any numbers. I played for an hour and went through an entire town, searching buildings and searchable containers. I only found clothing and one can of baked beans. No gear or weapons anywhere.

This could be just default numbers intended to be low, but I did not know if something has changed with expectations on where to find specific types of loot, etc? I tend to remove clothing spawns almost entirely from the missions I have released. It's usually the least important thing in the game. Naturally finding only clothing in houses and trash piles kind of made me wonder if something has changed.

I saw the note about loot being gone one searched. Is that forever? Is there any kind of respawn system for loot? I guess where I'm going with this... if you loot a town and find no gear, is there a chance loot will spawn later? I'm kind of going back and forth about this, because I love the immersive idea that once you loot a container it's empty, but at the same time this concept may kill replayability. Once you go through a town you have no reason to go back for any reason, etc.

The furniture comps aren't randomly generated, they were created by hand for each building. The only way to alleviate the "repetitive experience" is to create more comps for each building, which is very time consuming, hopefully, with each future update of Ravage, more comps can be added to the system.  

The default loot numbers are meagre, (haleks likes it hardcore™) but the new module gives the opportunity for mission makers to fine-tune what type of loot spawns in a specific area.

Going by the default numbers, finding only clothing and food in a civilian area sounds about right. Your more likely to find weapons at military areas, and more likely to find survival items at industrial sites. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Psychosocial said:

Good evening, I already wrote about this before, could you lay out a mission without running zombies, I never figured out how to remove them in the editor. Sorry for my bad english.

Latest update on my workshop i am remove Runner Zombie try play it.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1229196780

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Your more likely to find weapons at military areas, and more likely to find survival items at industrial sites. 

What specific types of items we can expect in each category? Is there a list anywhere? For example, what is considered a survival item, etc?

4 hours ago, Chuc said:

I had fun. The new loot system is really good. One question. Is there away to stop zombies from opening doors? Coz i noticed they dont stop chasing you.

i did some research there and to my knowledge, it is not possible as a default for all doors on them map.

You can however lock editor placed door/gatess:

This worked well for me when i put it into my base.

then again I once found this script but I never tested it really:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31291

good luck=)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

i did some research there and to my knowledge, it is not possible as a default for all doors on them map.

You can however lock editor placed door/gatess:

This worked well for me when i put it into my base.

then again I once found this script but I never tested it really:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31291

good luck=)

yeah i found that and use it already. Its a good script

Having a problem. Me and my npc teammate are civilians. Now apperantly my mate has this problem where he just doesnt want to kill a zombie.

@Donnie_Plays: Loot does "respawn" eventually, that part hasn't changed : after a given amount of time, and provided that there is no player in the vicinity, furnitures will yield loot again.

AS EO pointed out the default values are on the hardcore side; I strongly encourage mission makers to try different values and see what works best depending on their scenario and the terrain being used.

Survival items are special objects from Ravage : food, drink, jerrycans, toolboxes etc.

@Chuc: Civilian units lack combat capabilities in Arma, try using a NATO unit and group it to your civilian playable character : he will be considered a civilian but should be able to fight.

@haleks Yeah i tired that. I even put 

resistance setFriend [civilian,0];

civilian setFriend [resistance,0];

in but that didnt help. Weirder still is i have civilians spawn with ENGIMA spawning script, have your rvg_fnc_equip added to it and they fight. Its abit odd that he prefers to die than fight

@haleks I have tried to add the Aussie map buildings into your loot spawns but all i managed to do was delete most of the furniture in the buildings that had some. Not all of just some. Like every room in the police station but one is completely empty. Not even sure how that happened. Any help you can give would be grateful.

Also how do you add loot to your loot spawns? I've been using bnae's project infinity and the guns are awesome.

@Chuc: by adding the Aussie buildings, you mean you created compositions for them? Or do you just want them to have proper categories (civ, mil, etc)?

I'll try to post a basic script example for that kind of thing, if it helps.

9 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

The furniture comps aren't randomly generated, they were created by hand for each building. The only way to alleviate the "repetitive experience" is to create more comps for each building, which is very time consuming, hopefully, with each future update of Ravage, more comps can be added to the system.  

TPW_MOD has random furniture spawn already for all default maps, maybe even CUP.

I think Haleks can use this as a base, add RAVAGE compositions to the tables, and update it. Why not even share between the two mods so non-ravage users can enjoy the missing furniture?

• Like 1

The next update for my WarfareThai mod will contains these 2 editor objects: Light Source Fluorescence, and Light Source Bulb.

leIDuo6.jpg

p1ZyfXd.jpg

I hope you can implement these into WFT-Ravage dyno comp templates. :don11:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, sentinel329 said:

Really enjoying the new loot system; you guys have done a fantastic job, and it fundamentally changes the relative cost/benefit considerations of looting different structures.  Just one small question: are the composition spawns affected in the same way by vehicles as the old loot system was? What I mean by that is, should you approach a structure on foot in order to get the best chances of finding loot?  I ask because in my new play-through, once I acquired a vehicle I started having very little luck finding anything.

No, being in a vehicle and/or moving at high speed doesn't affect loot spawn anymore. In fact, the actual "looting" process doesn't happen until you're actually searching an object.

Worst thing that could happen when driving a car, is furnitures spawning late in buildings around the player, but otherwise it doesn't make any difference regarding loot spawn chances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone likes furniture... feel free to make some compos for the system. 

Would be very helpful if we could crowd source some compos 

:)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

@cosmic10r

If I knew how, I would...but I quite honestly don't know a lick of it when it comes to working with Arma scripts and what not...

They are all done in the editor...

Thats why its time consuming... but if everyone did the buildings for one map then we would be laughing... plus its nice to see your own work in game...

If @haleks thinks its a good idea then maybe@Evil Organ could post his workflow 

:)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BattleChief said:

@cosmic10r

How exactly? do I just model a building? I don't know how to do any of it, except place props...

Eo should post soon..

As far as i know it is placing the building down in VR, placing the props you want in it.

Then i think they are exporting as a compo or just sending the mission to haleks and he can build it in the system. 

Let Haleks chime in on this b4 we get carried away... 

;)

• Like 1

Basically, it all boils down to what Cosmic said : placing down buildings in VR, and objects inside them. On my end it's easy to grab each compos for each building.

With the current system, I reckon we could work with 2, maybe 3 compositions per structure without over-complicating things too much. This would have to be a somewhat coordinated effort, if we want to avoid wasting everyone's time.

I'll try to post templates before this week-end, with all compositions created so far, it should give a clearer picture and make everything smoother if people are willing to participate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@haleks

Ok, I think I can accomplish that...if all you need me to do is decorate a house, then I can do it...anything specific I need to do to the mission in general?

Here's a little peek at the method I used for Tanoa structures, pretty much as the guys have mentioned previously, I placed down most of the enterable buildings for Tanoa in the VR map, then place a furniture composition in each one....

It's worth keeping in mind furniture compositions should reflect the lore of Ravage....recent abandonment.  

@haleks, I'm happy to go back into my Malden and Tanoa VR missions and "rearrange" the existing compositions.  :rthumb:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2