Thanks. But now I do not understand how to save this mission, only the mission.sqm file, 1kb in size, is saved. When I press to export, and then I try to start, a normal Altis map opens.

@haleks My question may seem a bit redundant, but I seriously would like to know why don't you publish Ravage Mod on steam workshop? :-D

I think it would be easier to manage (and also publish) a user content for this mod.

29 minutes ago, Psychosocial said:

Thanks. But now I do not understand how to save this mission, only the mission.sqm file, 1kb in size, is saved. When I press to export, and then I try to start, a normal Altis map opens.

Sorry I don't understand you verry well. My english is not perfect too. 

I will try to help.

1- Open Editor and set your mission. Place down your character and the Ravage module that you want.

2- Don't forget to set Indep at war with Bluefor under Attributes/General in Editor. And give a Title to your mission

3- Save your mission ( you wil found it in your Documents/Arma3/Missions 

4- Export your Mission to play it in Single player. The mission is under scenarios.

Hope it helps

• Like 1

Some gameplay from Escape Malden... some of the stuff you see may be WIP

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Psychosocial said:

Sorry!...the video I posted was just to show how to edit the Ambient Zombies module for Walkers only....this is not a complete mission.

If you want a basic Ravage mission without Runners, here's the demo mission with only Walkers enabled...(hope you don't mind haleks...)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zihp2upvyf9z80b/Ravage_OnlyWalkers.Altis.pbo?dl=0

Drop this pbo into your "Missions" folder. ("Missions" folder can be found in your main Arma 3 directory)

It will then show up in the Single-Player Scenarios menu under the name "Altis" 

Enjoy, and best of luck!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, lordbooka said:

@haleks My question may seem a bit redundant, but I seriously would like to know why don't you publish Ravage Mod on steam workshop? :-D

I think it would be easier to manage (and also publish) a user content for this mod.

My position might evolve, but while the mod is in its alpha/beta stage, I prefer keeping it all in one place, on a forum where most people are polite enough to say "please" when asking something. ^^

There is also way less questions or requests here compared to Steam, where comments are completely unfiltered.

Once all modules are overhauled (maybe sometime in 2018), I'll consider a SW release.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@haleks

ALL HAIL THE UPDATE! ALL HAIL HALEKS! I cannot wait to try this! I will wreak havoc across Altis, I will destroy all who stand in my way! :evil: :fighting: :hang: :shoot: :soldier: :uzi: :war: :flamethrower:

• Like 4

@haleks

Found an issue, I can't seem to recruit Ai...I ran across one...but I had a wonderful moment, and I really like it...I had an Ai that was about to step out into my line of sight, and as he did, before I could fire, another Ai took him out, it was what was left of a Trader patrol...absolutely saved by that...besides that, I love the furniture spawning, and its fun...but I hate the fact that I couldn't recruit an AI...

15 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

@haleks

Found an issue, I can't seem to recruit Ai...I ran across one......but I hate the fact that I couldn't recruit an AI...

Recruiting AI is still golden....are you sure this isn't another mod conflict?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Evil Organ said:

Recruiting AI is still golden....are you sure this isn't another mod conflict?

Cant you only recruit blufor survivors... i dont think trader guards are recruitable?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

....i dont think trader guards are recruitable?

Maybe I read his post wrong, is he saying he tried to recruit the remnants of a trader group??.....never had that scenario unfold in front of me before to say whether it's possible. 

In any case, for the record, recruiting wandering survivors is still golden.  :rthumb:

• Like 4

Cosmic is right : members of a trader group can't be recruited. ;)

Recruiting defo works and even on editor placed units if they have the code in their init. 

Hi all,

I have finally managed to make a script that dynamically spawns dayz style heli crashsites with rnd loot arround the crashsite.

I am currently spawning loot on markers that are placed near the possible heli crashsites, but would like to change that so loot spawns next to the heli by having the script search for the object (the heli wreck) and  spawn it X degree and x meters away from it

//

itemw = [
"CUP_30Rnd_9x19_UZI",

///list of items
"3Rnd_UGL_FlareWhite_F"]
call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
Waffe1 = "groundweaponholder" nearObjects ["Land_Wreck_Heli_Attack_01_F",(I assume that the coords come here?)]; Waffe1 additemcargo [itemw,1];

I assume that i need to work with getPos and nearObjects somehow but do not understand how to combine it.

The below is the working script using markers fyi:

Triggerzone for loot that I place over each possible crashsite marker (repeatable, activated by any player present)

onActivation:

0 = execVM "helicrasha1.sqf"

helicrasha1.sqf:

///

itemw = [
"CUP_30Rnd_9x19_UZI",

///continue list of items that should spawn

"3Rnd_UGL_FlareWhite_F"]
Waffe1 = "groundweaponholder" createVehicle getMarkerPos "Markera1_1"; Waffe1 additemcargo [itemw,1];

//copy and paste this for different marker pos (eg. Markera1_2) or the same multiple times to spawn more loot per marker pos (it will not spawn on top of each other)

///

The helis are spawned with a triggerzone (repeatable, activation "any player present") and an sqf:

(trigger onActivation)

nul = ["Land_Wreck_Heli_Attack_01_F",["MarkerA1","MarkerA2","MarkerA3"]] execVM "rndmkr.sqf";

rndmkr.sqf (randomly places the wreck on one of the above markers:)

//

waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};
_type = _this select 0;
_mkrs = _this select 1;
_marker = _mkrs call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_cache = _type createVehicle getMarkerPos _marker;
//

BTW the triggers can only be repeated after some time, using following sleep trigger:

helicrash spawn and loot spawn trigger Condition: this and (trighelisleep1 getvariable ["delay",true]) //trighelisleep1 stands for the variable name of the sleep trigger below

and place a triggerzone of the same size as the crash/loot triggerzones (or 1cm smaller, with 2-4 seconds countdown timer) exactly over them, with the follwoing on Activation:

null=[] spawn {sleep (1500);trighelisleep1 setvariable ["delay",true]}; trighelisleep1 setvariable ["delay",false] //trighelisleep1 stands for the variable name of the sleep trigger, name however you like.

So long story short:

1. any help in amending this to make loot spawn near the "to be spawned" heli rather than on pre placed markers would be awesome, it would make the loot spawn script much handier

2. feel free to use this=)

3. I am still looking for a way to delete the crashed heli after some time, any advise is very welcome=) -> i am unsure if ravage clean up would take care of this..

Thanks, back to testing .47  now!

cheers

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Hi all,

I have finally managed to make a script that dynamically spawns dayz style heli crashsites with rnd loot arround the crashsite.

I am currently spawning loot on markers that are placed near the possible heli crashsites, but would like to change that so loot spawns next to the heli by having the script search for the object (the heli wreck) and  spawn it X degree and x meters away from it

//

itemw = [
"CUP_30Rnd_9x19_UZI",

///list of items
"3Rnd_UGL_FlareWhite_F"]
Waffe1 = "groundweaponholder" nearObjects ["Land_Wreck_Heli_Attack_01_F",(I assume that the coords come here?)]; Waffe1 additemcargo [itemw,1];

I assume that i need to work with getPos and nearObjects somehow but do not understand how to combine it.

The below is the working script using markers fyi:

Triggerzone for loot that I place over each possible crashsite marker (repeatable, activated by any player present)

onActivation:

0 = execVM "helicrasha1.sqf"

helicrasha1.sqf:

///

itemw = [
"CUP_30Rnd_9x19_UZI",

///continue list of items that should spawn

"3Rnd_UGL_FlareWhite_F"]
Waffe1 = "groundweaponholder" createVehicle getMarkerPos "Markera1_1"; Waffe1 additemcargo [itemw,1];

//copy and paste this for different marker pos (eg. Markera1_2) or the same multiple times to spawn more loot per marker pos (it will not spawn on top of each other)

///

The helis are spawned with a triggerzone (repeatable, activation "any player present") and an sqf:

(trigger onActivation)

nul = ["Land_Wreck_Heli_Attack_01_F",["MarkerA1","MarkerA2","MarkerA3"]] execVM "rndmkr.sqf";

rndmkr.sqf (randomly places the wreck on one of the above markers:)

//

waituntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};
_type = _this select 0;
_mkrs = _this select 1;
_marker = _mkrs call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_cache = _type createVehicle getMarkerPos _marker;
//

BTW the triggers can only be repeated after some time, using following sleep trigger:

helicrash spawn and loot spawn trigger Condition: this and (trighelisleep1 getvariable ["delay",true]) //trighelisleep1 stands for the variable name of the sleep trigger below

and place a triggerzone of the same size as the crash/loot triggerzones (or 1cm smaller, with 2-4 seconds countdown timer) exactly over them, with the follwoing on Activation:

null=[] spawn {sleep (1500);trighelisleep1 setvariable ["delay",true]}; trighelisleep1 setvariable ["delay",false] //trighelisleep1 stands for the variable name of the sleep trigger, name however you like.

So long story short:

1. any help in amending this to make loot spawn near the "to be spawned" heli rather than on pre placed markers would be awesome, it would make the loot spawn script much handier

2. feel free to use this=)

3. I am still looking for a way to delete the crashed heli after some time, any advise is very welcome=) -> i am unsure if ravage clean up would take care of this..

Thanks, back to testing .47  now!

cheers

Nice work... 

Try etg crash script and see what is going on in there ;)

• Thanks 1

I know they can't be recruited, but it may have been the remnants of one group, it was just a survivor with a pistol...idk, quite frankly, it doesn't matter, my mission has all sorts of problems anyways XD

What shall we do with a drunken sailor?

Send him to Tanoa! 

• Like 5

@Evil Organ

I was really piecing the first post together, so here it is in order : I started the game, met an Ai survior, friendly, and tried to recruit him. I failed to recruit him, he only had a PM. I went into a town, and had my "amazing moment," it seemed as if it was a movie, the trader guard came out, shot him, and came around the wall where I was waiting, it said rifleman, so I could tell it was a trader group, or what was left of it, only two were left, and the trader was dead, I checked them both

I quite honestly don't care about the failure to recruit the AI, I just wanna play the walker version of Haleks' Altis mission!

3 hours ago, Chuc said:

@haleks

Great job like always. 

I was wondering if you could make support for fox survival cars in your vehicle module

or point me in the right direction and i can try and do it and post my results here or in a pm to you.

Hm, looking at these, I do like the look of them, and it would be cool to drive across Altis in one of the more classic cars..I hope you find a way to make this work, good luck, I thing it would make a decent piece to make the mod a bit more diverse and fun...

41 minutes ago, Chuc said:

@haleks

Great job like always. 

I was wondering if you could make support for fox survival cars in your vehicle module

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=933985898

or point me in the right direction and i can try and do it and post my results here or in a pm to you.

I was gonna add them to the pool of available Bandit cars... maybe there is a field that could be added in a module ...

Haleks can also hard code this because Ravage does add the land rover from warfare thai and one of several RHS vehicles if  you have those mods running.

Field in module is likely the friendliest for mission makers tho...

Fox cars are awesome... i just wouldnt want the bus in there lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

I was gonna add them to the pool of available Bandit cars... maybe there is a field that could be added in a module ...

Haleks can also hard code this because Ravage does add the land rover from warfare thai and one of several RHS vehicles if  you have those mods running.

Field in module is likely the friendliest for mission makers tho...

Fox cars are awesome... i just wouldnt want the bus in there lol

Same, the bus isn't exactly appealing XD I would like to cruise the roads of Altis on one of the more classic cars...

@Evil Organ

So...I have only one thing to say to your furniture addition...You are wonderful! I love the way the furniture is assembled! It is beautiful! You did wonderfully with this system! Now we just need Comsic and his aged guns and jamming system, and the game will be spectacular! Maybe a building system too...mainly window boards and barricades..maybe some boxes too...

• Like 2