@cosmic10r

Ok, I can't wait to see the demo mission script, if you can get it of course, but I would deeply appreciate it...I am sure I can splice the old start with the newer one...I only seem to be experiencing the error when I use my initplayerlocal.sqf script...

34 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

@cosmic10r

Ok, I can't wait to see the demo mission script, if you can get it of course, but I would deeply appreciate it...I am sure I can splice the old start with the newer one...I only seem to be experiencing the error when I use my initplayerlocal.sqf script...

Try this.

There is a radio trigger on Alpha and a 5m radius trigger around the chair... if you watch in 3rd person you can see your gear change etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rxe2k8moid6flll/RavageEquipTest.VR.zip?dl=0

• Like 2

If you play my mission, its just a suspicion now, but if you don't have winter 2035 on, I don't think the AI spawn...tested it twice, no Ai patrol has come to the wreck now...

@cosmic10r

thank you for that i wouldnt of thought of doing it that way. 

I also found a bug with the minihattan map. Ravage dosent register the terain as being there and doesnt spawn and vehicles with the module. Every thing else seems okay.

21 minutes ago, Chuc said:

@cosmic10r

thank you for that i wouldnt of thought of doing it that way. 

I also found a bug with the minihattan map. Ravage dosent register the terain as being there and doesnt spawn and vehicles with the module. Every thing else seems okay.

When a map doesnt have locations configured it cant find places to spawn things. I remember haleks saying there is markers or logics you can place on towns manually in the editor that will allow these maps to work.

I think its under f5 and locations in the editor... town, village etc.

Escape Malden and Cherno Redux are done and ready for MP testing.

They will be released right after next update.

Can you get to Freedom

ggKt4eu.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Is there a mission repository for the Ravage mod other than the Steam Workshop? I'm looking for a multiplayer mission that is persistent for my server. Otherwise players lose all their progress when they log out.

so to enable saving during the mission, just to get back to where you were...what do I need to put in the script? I have SP saving enabled in the ravage module...I am working on seeing if I can figure it out, so I will let you know if I got it, or if I will need some help...

EDIT: Yeah, gonna need some more help :face_palm:

SP save and MP save Work well. But on Dedicated Server Can't Save other object  car tent etc.

@cosmic10r

oh really thats sounds really helpful. All i been doing is just adding the stuff that ravage can search like boxes and luggage.

So you may be able to help me with the problem i have atm, been trying for a few hours now. 

I use the HG shops scripts instead of the rvg traders.

HG shops download https://github.com/Ppgtjmad/SimpleShops page 5 of link below

HG Forum Topic 

he merged all his shops into one a few months ago.

He added a few function that give you kill counts, xp, and money per kill. 

call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup;

Is how you get it all to work. I got this working with enigma's scripts along side ravage load out with this command

["ON_UNIT_SPAWNED_CALLBACK", {call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup; call rvg_fnc_equip}],

but for the life of me i cant seem to get it to work for the ravage ambient zombies.

What i have tried

In the init of the ambient zombie module i put 

nul = [] execVM "Scripts\RvgScripts\Rvg_Zombies.sqf";

in Rvg_Zombies.sqf i put

_unit = _this select 0;

sleep .1;

[_unit] call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup;

I keep getting an error that the "_ai" is not defined. 

i even tried it like this

_ai = _this select 0;

sleep .1;

[_ai] call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup;

but it came back with the same error.

the error it self comes from HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup.

Any help would be great.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Snakeyes1 said:

Is there a mission repository for the Ravage mod other than the Steam Workshop? I'm looking for a multiplayer mission that is persistent for my server. Otherwise players lose all their progress when they log out.

I'm afraid there isn't. I've tried to make a page on the wiki to list all the missions (and whether they're multiplayer, objective-based, working with the current version, etc... but it's just impossible to keep up.

It's a bit of a faff looking through the Steam Workshop. You can reduce the load a little by searching for Ravage and ticking the box for multiplayer, but this doesn't differentiate between locally-hosted multiplayer and dedicated server mission. I've not been running a server recently, so I'm not up-to-date with which missions are best suited for servers. Hopefully some of the kind people on here can make some suggestions.

Given that it is such a bish to find server-based mission files, I will add a section to the wiki to cover them. That's something I can more easily keep updated.

@kodabar,

Thanks for the reply. I looked for a while yesterday, but I didn't find anything. It seems that the multiplayer missions are more suited for hosting from a PC and have a few friends join for a an afternoon/evening of fun. Although the missions will run on a dedicated server, (I'm running one at the moment) they don't seem suited for persistent game play. What I mean by that is you play for a few hours and make some progress and then log off. A day or two later you log back in to resume where you left off. Whenever I log back in I am looking at the respawn interface. The game save mechanic works well if you are playing on a PC. You can save and resume game play later. Running the same mission on a server, there is no way that I can see to save your progress.

BTW, in my quest yesterday I watched you play some Ravage missions on YouTube. Good stuff. 

• Like 1

@Snakeyes1:

Here I come with some shameless advertising!:f: 

I have published two missions on SWS that use the ALiVE local persistency for saving on dedicated servers.  You could try these right here right now if you don't mind downloading a lot of addons.  Or you could wait for the next RAVAGE release which should be very, very VERY soon and will be accompanied by at least two new missions from the testers team - one being made by cosmic10r and the other one made by me. ATTOW cosmic's mission uses just the RAVAGE saving system, but if you ask him, he might implement an alternative persistency solution using inidbi2 that is based off Firewalker's work.  I have tested this & works well in another mission of mine not yet ready for release - but ofc cosmic and me could equip his mission with that inidbi2 code if we find the time for it.  It's not offering EVERY persistency option that ALiVE can give you ATTOW, so I did put that mission on hold.  

My mission that is to be released with the new RAVAGE version is set on Tanoa featuring a "Castaway" style scenario which has you swim, paddle or sail through the Tanoa archipelago aiming to activate three long range radio relays in order to send an SOS and in the end meet the frigate "HMAS Gallipoli" to rescue you and possible AI companions or other players.   Bandits, Zombies, ultra-rare loot and every respawn means you loose your gear.  So better store it in any empty boat you come across and have ALiVE save it for you!  Also player saves mid-game are possible which you can revert to if you dislike the loss of gear on respawn.  If you simply save&exit without being killed previously and intend to come back to playing the next day (even if the server restarts), you will keep your stuff.  Only downside is you have to download a few mods to play it, but other than ALIVE they are rather small ones like the sailing mod and the HAFM NAVY or very common ones like CUP units, vehicles+weapons.  Just see for yourself once I open the release posting what addons you'll need and for the time being check my two existing missions on SWS or search their threads here in the forum: 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1162889797 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=671577617 

Have fun! 

• Like 7

I don't understand inidb2 yet. Sounds like Tourist has a good sense of it though. At some point that would be a great thing to have :)

@Chuc

can you post the exact error?

• Like 2

@Chuc: try this one mate :

["zombie", "init", {(_this select 0) call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup}, true, [], true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;

CBA is quite usefull, it's worth reading their github. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@tourist

Your post is enlightening. I have some options then. I don't mind the downloads and I have used ALiVE in the past. I'm definitely interested in putting up a dedicated server for the Ravage Mod. For me. I want an ongoing game where players can join anytime and their character is persistent.

Thanks for the information. It is very helpful.

Does anyone know how to make autosave checkpoints? I looked everywhere and the methods don't work or outdated

ive always been a fan of the NIArms mod.

I was reading their licence today and it does allow for sharing if you aren't a life server LOL

All content released in Arma3 game-readable and Real-virtuality3 encoded content fall subject to the Arma Public Share-Alike (APL-SA) License, unless otherwise specified.

and I did a search in the thread for retexture and War_Lord, who is the NIArms PR guy said retextures via config are fine.

On 9/29/2016 at 2:23 AM, Eagle1992 said:

I got a question on the topic of retextures, is it allowed to for example retexture the G36 Series in typical german Army camos, and add it as an Addon to the Addon as in: (NiArms G36 is required for using the retexture mod which only includes the new textures and the config)?

On 9/29/2016 at 4:04 AM, war_lord said:

Yep, that's fine.

So along those lines I give you the Ravaged Edition Springfield m1903

N5l5Jgf.jpg

taqwBK7.jpg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, haleks said:

@Chuc: try this one mate :

["zombie", "init", {(_this select 0) call HG_fnc_aiUnitSetup}, true, [], true] call CBA_fnc_addClassEventHandler;

CBA is quite usefull, it's worth reading their github. ;)

Okay I'll give it a try. Gotta check out the github didn't realise I could use CBA like that. 

Thank you

1 hour ago, Chuc said:

Okay I'll give it a try. Gotta check out the github didn't realise I could use CBA like that. 

Thank you

works like a charm, thank you both!

On another note: I would like to change double left mouse click to something not conflicting with ravage in below eventhandler of the ryan zombies mod:

(it will allow you to eat anti virus pills after being infected (ryan zombie mod), but this is currently conflicting with ravage)

[] spawn
{
    while {true} do
    {
        waituntil {!(isnull (finddisplay 602))};
        ((findDisplay 602) displayCtrl 619) ctrlAddEventHandler ["LBDblClick", "_this call RZ_fnc_inventory_DblClick"];
        ((findDisplay 602) displayCtrl 633) ctrlAddEventHandler ["LBDblClick", "_this call RZ_fnc_inventory_DblClick"];
        ((findDisplay 602) displayCtrl 638) ctrlAddEventHandler ["LBDblClick", "_this call RZ_fnc_inventory_DblClick"];  
        waituntil {isnull (finddisplay 602)};
    };
};

I checked this page but do not understand what i would need to change:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/User_Interface_Event_Handlers

Is it possible to change the ctrlAddEventHandler to single right click or CTRL+left click?

Happy for any help or directions to make this work=)

You could make it an addaction with an if statement to take the pills instead of double click but probably won't be very efficient 

• Thanks 1

One more question @haleks if i may=)

How do i need to adapt this to fit it into the Ambient AI module?

Thanks!

Cheers

16 minutes ago, Chuc said:

You could make it an addaction with an if statement to take the pills instead of double click but probably won't be very efficient 

So to make the addaction available if i have the pills in the inventory and if i am "infected? will try to figure that out=) thanks!