Weapon paintjobs when? :tounge2:

Lookin' good. Can attachments accumulate rust over time aswell? Something interesting to see alongside that would be if the optical lenses got some dirt smudges buildup on them aswell over time

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vastiny said:

Weapon paintjobs when? :tounge2:

Lookin' good. Can attachments accumulate rust over time aswell? Something interesting to see alongside that would be if the optical lenses got some dirt smudges buildup on them aswell over time

There is already a few rusty guns in there but I am hoping to add more so the ravage is less dependant on the bright and shiny new BI guns.

I think I have doubled the first release count so far. 

Having textures build up isnt something i have looked at... I think it is possible but it isnt in there yet and i am pretty sure it isnt possible with optical lenses because of how they are configured. It is a shame as I wish all BI assets had hidden selections like all the accessories... having a brand new silencer on a rust gun looks ridiculous... although maybe i could model a tube for a rust silencer ... two circles and a wrap might be possible lol

• Like 4

gents, general question here.. is it correct that it is not possible to make Z drop loot when killed? it seems that in the modules, the loot settings can be applied to Z, but it seems that is pure cosmetic? i would like it if killed zombies have a chance to be lootable and spawn the same loot as found in ravage, hence the question. my current workarround is placing Zombies and demon mod spawn modules in cities and a rvg Z blacklist in that zone to place Z that drop an defined array of loot. cheers

1 hour ago, Vandeanson said:

gents, general question here.. is it correct that it is not possible to make Z drop loot when killed? it seems that in the modules, the loot settings can be applied to Z, but it seems that is pure cosmetic? i would like it if killed zombies have a chance to be lootable and spawn the same loot as found in ravage, hence the question. my current workarround is placing Zombies and demon mod spawn modules in cities and a rvg Z blacklist in that zone to place Z that drop an defined array of loot. cheers

No their isn't an option to loot Zombies in Ravage AFAIK, also in the module for Z you don't apply loot but you apply different uniform for zombie to wear. 

Also I think that inventory zombies was desactivated because of performance.

Also don't forget you are years after the Chaos, so looting zombies years after isn't a good idea IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cosmic is doing such an awesome job with the latest batch of rust retextures, thought I'd share a couple of 4K screenies of a very special edition of the Zubr he made specially for me....

(in memory of my dearly missed K-9 friend, Rebus)

EpbiVDE.jpg

z8YKG1v.jpg  

....thanks Cosmic, you've given me a much needed shot in the arm. ;-)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Wow... that looks amazing in 4K.

Eo's custom zubr is chambered in .500 rebus. A newly developed explosive round based off one of the largest revolver rounds, the .500 smith and wesson round.

Those green tips arent for show. Eo's gun uses hornady  zombie max ammo. ;)

http://www.gunsandammo.com/blogs/zombie-nation/hornady-zombie-max-ammo/

• Like 4

Hi @haleks

A while back I suggested an Idea to you about adding custom vehicles to the spawning system via a line in the Vehicle Module. But a quick question about the vehicles that spawn for now.

I run a heavily modded ravage survival on, Dingor (Lingor but Desert Version). And I would like to add these trucks to the vehicle list:

MTV-of-the-New-Jersey-National-Guard.jpg

I was curious If I could use the custom loot list commands and similarly add vehicles to the vehicle list.

Hi everyone again

I am having issues of placing guns on foldable tables for display. It seems that the guns goes under the tables rather than staying on top when i play the scenario. This happens even though the guns appear on top of the tables in the editor.

This issue seems to apply to any gun except pistols. Pistols work fine.

Also can you get attachments in ravage from traders and loot ? like scopes and grenade launchers?

@lv1234

I have had the same Issue with my traders and other Items on the table. Try making the item a simple Item, either the Gun or the table. (If you make the gun a simple Item you are unable to pick the Item up). If not try lifting the Item just above the table to that It is hovering.

Edit: No you can't buy attachments from traders. (At least not that I know of)

Just now, wasbob45 said:

@lv1234.

I have had the same Issue with my traders and other Items on the table. Try making the item a simple Item, either the Gun or the table. (If you make the gun a simple Item you are unable to pick the Item up). If not try lifting the Item just above the table to that It is hovering.

If i lift it up even slowly, the item would instantly go up a few distance where i don't want it to go

@lv1234

Yes try that, sometimes Arma has a hissy fit with object placement, and Items are not where they say they are. For example If I put a trader next to an table and try to get him to lean on the table the trader will be half in the ground. So If i put the trader a wee bit above the table height the placement is perfect for some odd reason. #ArmaPerfectWorld

12 hours ago, wasbob45 said:

Hi @haleks

A while back I suggested an Idea to you about adding custom vehicles to the spawning system via a line in the Vehicle Module. But a quick question about the vehicles that spawn for now.

I run a heavily modded ravage survival on, Dingor (Lingor but Desert Version). And I would like to add these trucks to the vehicle list:

I was curious If I could use the custom loot list commands and similarly add vehicles to the vehicle list.

Here you go :

_classnames = [];
_classnames spawn {
	waituntil {!isNil "rvg_wrecks"};
	sleep 1;
	{
		rvg_wrecks pushBack _x
	} forEach _this;
};

You just need to add the vehicles classname to the _classnames array.

@haleks are you planning to add some lines to the modules (vehicle and loot modules) so we could easily add custom stuff to the spawn system? I'm asking this, because last time I tried to add custom weapons with the script from the wiki, it didn't work for me.

6 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

@haleks are you planning to add some lines to the modules (vehicle and loot modules) so we could easily add custom stuff to the spawn system? I'm asking this, because last time I tried to add custom weapons with the script from the wiki, it didn't work for me.

Post your code in a spoiler and one of us can have a look. 

If the code in the wiki isnt working it needs to get updated so it helps if people point it out.

• Like 1

Actually i done it a month ago or so, so i don't have it,but i used this one in init.sqf:

Spoiler

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};

{

0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x; //civilians weapons

}

forEach [

"hlc_rifle_M1903A1",

"hlc_rifle_M1903A1OMR",

"hlc_rifle_M1903A1_unertl"

];

{

0 = rvg_Weapons pushBack _x; // military weapons

}

forEach [

"insertClassNameHere",

"andHere"

];

{

0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x; // accessories

}

forEach [

"insertClassNameHere",

"andHere"

];

I only changed the weapon and item classnames.

Also it didn't recognize the "rvg_mainWeapons" ("undefined wariable in expression" if i remember right, but i'll test it again in a few minutes)

Edit: "Error Undefined variable in expression: rvg_mainweapons" (i was right)

22 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

Actually i done it a month ago or so, so i don't have it,but i used this one in init.sqf:

Hide contents

{

0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x; //civilians weapons

}

forEach [

"hlc_rifle_M1903A1",

"hlc_rifle_M1903A1OMR",

"hlc_rifle_M1903A1_unertl"

];

{

0 = rvg_Weapons pushBack _x; // military weapons

}

forEach [

"insertClassNameHere",

"andHere"

];

{

0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x; // accessories

}

forEach [

"insertClassNameHere",

"andHere"

];

I only changed the weapon and item classnames.

Also it didn't recognize the "rvg_mainWeapons" ("undefined wariable in expression" if i remember right, but i'll test it again in a few minutes)

Ill have a look after work if one of the other guys doesnt beat me too it

• Thanks 1

@UnDeaD.: the code under the hood is a bit more complex - it uses 4 (badly named) different arrays : rvg_weaponsA3, rvg_LMGA3, rvg_weapons, rvg_LMG.

The first two are used if the module i set to use vanilla weapons, otherwise only rvg_weapons & rvg_LMG are used. You also need to sort those arrays for them to be 100% compatible with the gaussian random distribution.

Here's an example :

sleep 1;

_rvg_weaponsA3 = [
"hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F",
"hgun_Pistol_heavy_02_F",
"arifle_Katiba_C_F",
"arifle_Mk20C_plain_F",
"arifle_MXC_Black_F",
"SMG_02_F",
"arifle_TRG20_F",
"arifle_AKM_F",
"arifle_AKS_F",
"arifle_CTAR_blk_F",
"SMG_05_F",
"arifle_SPAR_01_blk_F",
"Rusty_srifle_DMR_04_F"
];
_sortedArray = [_rvg_weaponsA3,[],{[_x] call rvg_fnc_getWeaponCost},"ASCEND"] call BIS_fnc_sortBy;
rvg_weaponsA3 = _sortedArray;

_rvg_LMGA3 = [
"srifle_DMR_01_F",
"SMG_01_F",
"srifle_DMR_04_Tan_F",
"srifle_DMR_02_sniper_F",
"srifle_DMR_03_tan_F",
"srifle_DMR_06_olive_F",
"LMG_03_F",
"Rhino_weapon_01_F",
"Rusty_DMR_05_base_F",
"Rusty_srifle_DMR_02_F",
"Rusty_srifle_DMR_03_F",
"Rusty_srifle_EBR_F",
"Rusty_MMG_01_tan_F",
"Rusty_LMG_Zafir_F"
];
_sortedArray = [_rvg_LMGA3,[],{[_x] call rvg_fnc_getWeaponCost},"ASCEND"] call BIS_fnc_sortBy;
rvg_LMGA3 = _sortedArray;

rvg_weapons = [];
rvg_LMG = [];

rvg_WeaponItems = [];
rvg_WeaponLights = ["acc_flashlight"];

_excludedWpns = [];
{
	_refArray = _x;
	for "_i" from 0 to ((count _refArray) - 1) do {
		_w = _refArray select _i;
		if !(isClass(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _w)) then {
			_refArray set [_i,-1];
			_x = _refArray - [-1];
			0 = _excludedWpns pushBack _w;
		};
	};
} forEach [rvg_weaponsA3, rvg_LMGA3, rvg_weapons, rvg_LMG];
if !(_excludedWpns isEqualTo []) then {
	["Ravage : Warning! Incorrect weapon classnames : (%1)", _excludedWpns] call BIS_fnc_error;
	diag_log format ["%1 : Ravage : Warning! Incorrect weapon classnames : %2", time, _excludedWpns];
};

Now, like most of Ravage features, the code has been expanded upon the first iterations - wich weren't designed for such a modular approach. Ravage 1.0 was a very different beast, single player only and with a limited set of options and modules. As a result, the general structure is somewhat messy - although functional and optimized enough already - and I meself sometimes loose my mind editing it...

I'm planning on polishing or re-writting some functions and modules, now that the mod is closer to its definitive scope, and make life easier for scripters and mission makers. In other words,  Ravage will most likely leave its alpha/beta stage sometime in 2018, it should then be much safer, so to speak, to work on ambitious missions, scripts or addons for the mod.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Ravage 1.0 was a very different beast, single player only and with a limited set of options and modules....

Most definitely, ahh the memories....

Lol....I can't remember the starting loadouts being that generous..

• Like 3

ill update the wiki with the classnames and haleks script there with a warning that coding may change. 

Having the same type of code in the module for guns as for uniforms would be a good step for people I think too.

We could make a page on the wiki for all those classnames just like EO did with uniforms.

Goodness Its getting close to time to pull out my Ravage zombie in the santa outfit lol

• Like 3

Need some tips. I just started playing this mod a couple of days ago. Kind of bought Arma just to try it out and I absolutely love it. I have one issue though, maybe I am playing it wrong, but I keep dying within the first hour of every play. It's very frustrating and it's always due to the fast Zombies. Is there a way to remove fast zombies or should I be playing with one of the community addons or is there some tips for how to stay alive? They can always outrun me due to stamina and I always run out of ammunition even though I save it specifically for the runners. This is very realistic, because in reality I would be dead within the first hour of this world. :D

Still loving this mod though, just want to stay alive a bit longer. 

• Like 3