Yes... but u need to execute the script in the init.sqf of the mission following the parameters of the script

1 minute ago, cosmic10r said:

Yes... but u need to execute the script in the init.sqf of the mission following the parameters of the script

So how would i be able to that? Positive that this is a rooky question

Hi guys,

several day ago I posted a question about the rust system which I personally would like to toggle off.

I found info in the forum where and what this might be:

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?page=196

The rust is activated by "setObjectMaterialGlobal“ located in in “vehInit.sqf“

Can someone please tell me how to block this script? I know how to open and save scripts, but not how to edit them.

I tried editing other scripts (loot table) and it was rather frustrating … so any help on this „rust script“ or how to block any script in general is appreciated.

Best
S

... found this tuto "Working with object materials and material text"
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=361737

1 hour ago, Schrebers said:

Hi guys,

several day ago I posted a question about the rust system which I personally would like to toggle off.

I found info in the forum where and what this might be:

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?page=196

The rust is activated by "setObjectMaterialGlobal“ located in in “vehInit.sqf“

Can someone please tell me how to block this script? I know how to open and save scripts, but not how to edit them.

I tried editing other scripts (loot table) and it was rather frustrating … so any help on this „rust script“ or how to block any script in general is appreciated.

Best
S

... found this tuto "Working with object materials and material text"
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=361737

I'm afraid it's impossible at the moment - but I can add a setting for that to the module.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lv1234 said:

So how would i be able to that? Positive that this is a rooky question

I would recommend trying to find some mission that uses the tpw script and see how they are using it. It's the first step in figuring out where and how it is called. 

The problem you will run into is if you don't build your mission from the ground up and learn where things go then you will constantly be forced to ask how to do things... people like helping but you want to get to a point where you have a base level of knowledge about the file structures, init.sqf, and the description.ext. 

Don't get discouraged, just realize there is a lot of knowledge to gain and in arma, one frequently has ideas that exceed their ability, I just had one yesterday lol...

But if you don't start learning what the error messages mean and how to use the scripts... you won't be able to troubleshoot your stuff.

I had no background in scripting or anything relating to editing when I started... you just have to keep trying and realize that mistakes are more important then successes sometimes...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cosmic10r said:

in arma, one frequently has ideas that exceed their ability, I just had one yesterday lol...

No truer words have ever been spoken...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ive tried this numerous times. But there is almost NO ammo on this map. It's not fun at all if you dont have ammo to kill zombies that wont stop following you and run just as fast as you do without tiring. I run from building to building to gage pile to garbage pile and find nothign but useless items like empty cams and bandana's You need to increase the ammo and weapon spawns FAR more. I mean its survival so we shoudlnt have tons of ammo but having NONE makes this pointless since you cant attack zombies without a weapon.

2 hours ago, Gen.Boinker said:

Ive tried this numerous times. But there is almost NO ammo on this map. It's not fun at all if you dont have ammo to kill zombies that wont stop following you and run just as fast as you do without tiring. I run from building to building to gage pile to garbage pile and find nothign but useless items like empty cams and bandana's You need to increase the ammo and weapon spawns FAR more. I mean its survival so we shoudlnt have tons of ammo but having NONE makes this pointless since you cant attack zombies without a weapon.

Are you playing a made mission or making your own?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gen.Boinker said:

Ravage is not a mission. It's a framework. What map are you talking about? It sounds like you are blaming the framework for the poor way another person set a mission up. For me personally... the running zombies can be OP. That's why they are set to a minimum in all of my workshop missions. They exist, just to a small degree.

I have four Ravage workshop missions that are still being updated and changed regularly. You are welcome to check them out...
https://steamcommunity.com/id/donnie_plays/myworkshopfiles/?appid=107410

Day of the Dead has a story and ending. I'm looking into adding more custom sounds than what I already have added. The other three missions are sandbox style missions, intended to give Arma players a DayZ sandbox style experience with no end game, other than to survive. There is one mission for Altis, Stratis and Chernarus Redux.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Ravage is not a mission. It's a framework. What map are you talking about? It sounds like you are blaming the framework for the poor way another person set a mission up. For me personally... the running zombies can be OP. That's why they are set to a minimum in all of my workshop missions. They exist, just to a small degree.

I have four Ravage workshop missions that are still being updated and changed regularly. You are welcome to check them out...

Day of the Dead has a story and ending. I'm looking into adding more custom sounds than what I already have added. The other three missions are sandbox style missions, intended to give Arma players a DayZ sandbox style experience with no end game, other than to survive. There is one mission for Altis, Stratis and Chernarus Redux.

He might be playing the showcase mission Haleks made... 

Haleks loves it tough :)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

He might be playing the showcase mission Haleks made... 

Haleks loves it tough :)

Yeah the vanilla showcase is tough man. Probably not for a beginner. lol

When are you guys going to update the "Ravage Escape" mission you made? That was so much fun. Would love to play through it again actually.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Yeah the vanilla showcase is tough man. Probably not for a beginner. lol

When are you guys going to update the "Ravage Escape" mission you made? That was so much fun. Would love to play through it again actually.

Not a bad idea... there should likely be a chernarus redux version too ;)

• Like 1

If I may break the cycle here for a bit...I went through some of the previous posts, and I came across the Static trader script...I am trying to use it right now, I can not seem to get it to work for me...I have the AI set up to do his ambient animation, but I can't seem to get him to become a trader. I have the ambient AI enabled, and I just can't seem to get it to work...

Spoiler

This is what I have :

[this, "STAND", "ASIS"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim; [this setVariable "isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];

All it tells me for the error is "ERROR Generic error in expression" I got no clue what I gotta do..

@haleks

Is there any way you can make it so that you can choose what backpacks traders can use with the trader init? Like for example, making them have a smaller backpack = having less stuff they sell

Doing this for  my ravage chernaraus isles map I am making...

@BattleChief, try this instead....

[this, "STAND", "ASIS"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim; this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];

• Like 2

Yes what I did was download and install the Ravage download. I am playing the Altis version that came with the main download. I also have the addons like RHS etc. So did I do somethign wrong? And its not that its hard. ITs just not fun when you are running around for a couple of hours and there is just no ammo at all anywhere and all you get is empty cans and zombies that start following you from 100 meters or more away and some that run faster than you and never tire. That's not "hard" that just makes the game pointless. Hopefully I did somethign wrong and im supposed to download something else as well because I like these type o games but not like this

@Evil Organ

8 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

@BattleChief, try this instead....

[this, "STAND", "ASIS"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim; this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];

Thanks Evil, I never have any luck when it comes to the scripts, it never helps that when I run into a problem, I have usually been up for nearly 24 hours lol....I haven't even gotten the basics down, I have been working on scripts and animations...

EDIT: Praise be unto Evil! it works! You seem to either have a knack for getting the best of things right! First I see your comment in the Project SFX page, and asking about getting it compatible with Ravage, and now your saving me a whole lot of time fiddling with scripts...You, Haleks, cosmic10r, Jimmakos, and the rest of the REALLY helpful people on here are life savers! I hope your fortunes increase tenfold for your help, Thank you.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lv1234 said:

@haleks

Is there any way you can make it so that you can choose what backpacks traders can use with the trader init? Like for example, making them have a smaller backpack = having less stuff they sell

Doing this for  my ravage chernaraus isles map I am making...

Not at the current moment unfortunately :(

Any luck getting tpw working in your mission?

5 hours ago, Gen.Boinker said:

Yes what I did was download and install the Ravage download. I am playing the Altis version that came with the main download. I also have the addons like RHS etc. So did I do somethign wrong? And its not that its hard. ITs just not fun when you are running around for a couple of hours and there is just no ammo at all anywhere and all you get is empty cans and zombies that start following you from 100 meters or more away and some that run faster than you and never tire. That's not "hard" that just makes the game pointless. Hopefully I did somethign wrong and im supposed to download something else as well because I like these type o games but not like this

It's not that you did anything wrong or there is anything wrong with the mission. What you played there is the 'Vanilla' mission that Haleks made that comes with the mod. That mission has been widely reported as very.... lean on the ammo side shall we say... because that was the authors vision of the challenges one would face in the Ravaged world.

When I made a mission it came back there was too much ammo LOL... so its a balance...

That being said, I hear you, so I recommend trying some of the missions out there made by the community.

If you use steam try Donnies mission!

AND

if you are so inclined you can use the Framework that Ravage is and build your own scenario and share it with everyone which is where the genius of Ravage lies imo.

You can place down the modules in the editor, customize them and have a functioning survival experience to your liking in fairly short order :)

• Like 2

So, I guess it is a little short lived..but I could use a bit of help for hiding the backpacks, or locking them at least, to prevent people from just taking everything from the traders...

1 hour ago, BattleChief said:

EDIT: Praise be unto Evil! it works! You seem to either have a knack for getting the best of things right! First I see your comment in the Project SFX page, and asking about getting it compatible with Ravage, and now your saving me a whole lot of time fiddling with scripts...

He has been busy behind the scenes creating compos for the furniture system as well.

All hail Evil.... lol

10 minutes ago, BattleChief said:

So, I guess it is a little short lived..but I could use a bit of help for hiding the backpacks, or locking them at least, to prevent people from just taking everything from the traders...

I think Haleks knows about that issue... I'll see if i can come up with a workaround until its fixed.

3 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

He has been busy behind the scenes creating compos for the furniture system as well.

All hail Evil.... lol

I think Haleks knows about that issue... I'll see if i can come up with a workaround until its fixed.

Thank you SO MUCH! T_T and I had a feeling he had something to do with the furniture, he does have a used furniture sign around on this thread lol...I am documenting all the scripts I use, and I have successfully modified a spawn script that Jimmakos put on the thread before. Instead of just a burning car, I replaced it with a hunter :P

EDIT: I have tried to use the remove backpack script, but the backpack pops up shortly after I start the game, I am doing all this in the editor, and it doesn't stop the pack from appearing...

7 hours ago, Gen.Boinker said:

Yes what I did was download and install the Ravage download. I am playing the Altis version that came with the main download. I also have the addons like RHS etc. So did I do somethign wrong? And its not that its hard. ITs just not fun when you are running around for a couple of hours and there is just no ammo at all anywhere and all you get is empty cans and zombies that start following you from 100 meters or more away and some that run faster than you and never tire.

I know what you mean. Yes, loot is very scarce and finding ammo can be really tough. The thing is, Ravage is set some time after the apocalypse, so items are very scarce because everywhere's been looted already. Something else to know is that the Altis mission that comes with Ravage is just a demonstration. There are lots of Ravage missions made by other people which you may find more to your liking.

If you want tips for how to survive the Altis demo mission, here's some:
1. Don't shoot zombies unless you have to. Walking zombies are little threat. Running zombies are difficult to deal with, so either: identify them and shoot them before they spot you or learn how to evade them by luring them into buildings then escaping out the back. If you're being chased by a runner, try climbing up on a rock - they can't follow and you can one-shot them in the head.
2. Where can you find ammo? Barracks are a good place. But you know who's got ammo for sure? AI units. Shoot them, take their ammo. For best results, wait until they reload before wasting them, as that ensures they have at least a full magazine.
3. Food is rare. You need to hunt to stay alive. Rabbit killing becomes very important. The difficult thing is finding a gutting knife and that's just random. I'm barely able to survive without hunting.
4. Loot respawns in buildings one (game) day after you've last visited. So if you find some useful buildings, remember where they are and go back tomorrow.

I've a series of videos that shows me surviving on the Altis demo mission. You can see what I do.

Spoiler

Give some of the other missions a try. You'll find there are a lot of them. Search for "ravage" on the Steam Workshop and you'll find there's a lot of them:
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=107410&searchtext=ravage

The most recent one I played was DeadSunrise and it has a lot of loot and no running zombies, so I think it would suit you better.

Spoiler

Here's its Steam Workshop page:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1180987248

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Not at the current moment unfortunately :(

Any luck getting tpw working in your mission?

It's not that you did anything wrong or there is anything wrong with the mission. What you played there is the 'Vanilla' mission that Haleks made that comes with the mod. That mission has been widely reported as very.... lean on the ammo side shall we say... because that was the authors vision of the challenges one would face in the Ravaged world.

When I made a mission it came back there was too much ammo LOL... so its a balance...

That being said, I hear you, so I recommend trying some of the missions out there made by the community.

If you use steam try Donnies mission!

AND

if you are so inclined you can use the Framework that Ravage is and build your own scenario and share it with everyone which is where the genius of Ravage lies imo.

You can place down the modules in the editor, customize them and have a functioning survival experience to your liking in fairly short order :)

No not yet, I am working on another simple ravage scenario on cherno isles.

I'm trying to find out why my mission in editor doesn't have an init.sqf for some reason for me to put the tpw script in...Perhaps i have to publish it or something? Again maybe i will find a sample mission that has it like you suggested

4 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

No not yet, I am working on another simple ravage scenario on cherno isles.

I'm trying to find out why my mission in editor doesn't have an init.sqf for some reason for me to put the tpw script in...Perhaps i have to publish it or something? Again maybe i will find a sample mission that has it like you suggested

just create a new text document and rename it init.sqf :)

3 hours ago, BattleChief said:

Thank you SO MUCH! T_T and I had a feeling he had something to do with the furniture, he does have a used furniture sign around on this thread lol...I am documenting all the scripts I use, and I have successfully modified a spawn script that Jimmakos put on the thread before. Instead of just a burning car, I replaced it with a hunter :P

EDIT: I have tried to use the remove backpack script, but the backpack pops up shortly after I start the game, I am doing all this in the editor, and it doesn't stop the pack from appearing...

the backpack addition happens post init so its likely that your remove is executing before the addition of the backpack

I have tried to isolate and remove the inventory addaction or workaround it but because the trader inventory is tied to the overall inventory i cant lock it out without locking the buy and sell

We will need Haleks on this one :(