22 hours ago, lv1234 said:

In 147 or 148?

So if i move to more than 250 meters and wait about 30 minutes in game, the sold items should change?  Also how would you modify this on the traders if you were making a new ravage scenario

Also is there any way to enable sleeping in a new ravage scenario i am making?

Never mind, you have to wait/explore for 30 minutes real time (not in game) and be 250 meters away from the traders for their sold items to re-randomize. Actually had the time to experiment with this by going around and shooting zombies in the Stratis map for 30 minutes while staying 250 meters away from my placed traders.

I was able to find the code where you can change how far you must be from the traders (in meters) for them to re-randomize their supplies. Was also able to find the code where you can change how often ravage checks this and tell the traders whether or not to re-randomize their sold items. If player has moved more than the specified distance stated earlier (in meters), then ravage will tell traders to re-randomize their sold items. And vice versa

Never mind for this too, I just had to add the proper ravage modules to my scenario :)

In my missions, I left the exact origin of the fungus sort of vague, but it's been spread throughout the Mediterranean, Eastern Europe and parts of the Middle East after a number of nuclear weapons were set off to contain the initial infection, thus spreading the fungus into the sky. It was then deposited across various landscapes (Sahrani was first hit by the radioactive cloud before the rest of a few parts of Central Europe and so on) and even managed to reanimate the recently deceased underground in graves or on the surface. Some people were found to be immune, and eventually a vaccine was created to immunise people, but the damage to those parts of the affected world had already been done. Although most of those areas are now slowly being recolonised, it's a lawless frontier.

In my little fan-fic of the fungus, it works best in cooler environments, which is where you'll find runners and bolters. Hotter climates slow it down and essentially kill key parts of the fungus, thus leaving the infected to shamble around as they lose higher brain function. Those still running are essentially "feral" people, who still seek food and shelter from the elements (why they're always clustered around buildings) but apart from that are no longer the people they used to be.

There's also a new mission I'm nearly done with on Napf Winter involving AI drones linked to a larger intelligence like a skynet that's run amok, and takes place in the same odd universe I've created through these missions.

That's my personal long-winded explanation for the infection and fan-fic universe I guess. I've had loads of fun creating these missions too! Now if only I could create a werewolf apocalypse mod... :icon_biggrin:

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, boyce05 said:

Il check it out, what are you using for persistancy?

Inidbi2

Just had to restart server. Had an issue with a script running. Should be all gtg again.

39 minutes ago, ContheJon said:

......Now if only I could create a werewolf apocalypse mod... :icon_biggrin:

Rumour has it there is some kind of werewolf type creature roaming around Tanoa.

The mutilated remains of a photographer, who was part of the ill-fated 1968 Anglo-French expedition party seeking the Tanoan Yeti, had this picture found on his camera.... 

Spoiler

fo5KCM1.jpg

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Inidbi2

Just had to restart server. Had an issue with a script running. Should be all gtg again.

Could you tell me how to set it up, I couldnt get mine working, so im relying on mission saving and character save scripts...

I can confirm that it wasn't my script (from earlier post I made) for custom items for Raiders that was bad, there is something wrong with Ravage 0.1.46 that makes it not work. I've tested it with 0.1.43 and it's working just fine there. So maybe @Haleks could look into this for the next update.

Can anybody tell me how to work the safezones and zombie blacklists? I place them in an area that i am adding my traders in for my ravage scenario but zombies and ai's still appear around there. I tried increasing the radius in the safezone and zombie blacklist settings but nothing worked so far

11 hours ago, FireWalker said:

Inidbi2

I was messing with it back in the day at v0.36 but had struggle to save vehicles properly. I mean I was able to save them, but 2 things usually happened:

I placed the vehicles module, the DB saved them but on restart additional vehicles spawned in (and yeah, those were saved too) and this kept going on

OR

I didn't put the module, which meant no vehicles. 

What I remember is, that with characters and with iBuild it worked well. I guess I'll start messing around with it again. :grinning:

1 hour ago, lv1234 said:

Can anybody tell me how to work the safezones and zombie blacklists? I place them in an area that i am adding my traders in for my ravage scenario but zombies and ai's still appear around there. I tried increasing the radius in the safezone and zombie blacklist settings but nothing worked so far

@lv1234I had the same issue, when I used more then one (1) blacklist module, zombies still would spawned in the areas. I split my map into two zones, now I only use one blacklist module and it works fine. My radius is 12000 meters :)

@haleksDo you know how to keep zombies and AI from glitch through walls ? I posted a screenshot on Steam. Was in my Base and had tons of zombies come through concrete wall. I use a large Airport Hangar. I placed the concrete walls in the front opening. They don't glitch though the Hangar walls. BTW the same happens with the AI.

@UnDeaD.I use the extDB2 instead of inidbi2 works great with saving anything you like to safe. (Source A3Wasteland.com)

1 hour ago, .Frankie. said:

Do you know how to keep zombies and AI from glitch through walls ? I posted a screenshot on Steam. Was in my Base and had tons of zombies come through concrete wall. I use a large Airport Hangar. I placed the concrete walls in the front opening. They don't glitch though the Hangar walls. BTW the same happens with the AI.

Unfortunately, the pathfinding for the AI and zombies doesn't know about the barriers you've placed, so they will walk right through them as though they weren't there.

• Like 1

@UnDeaD.

That is pretty much the most difficult part to deal with. I use event handlers to limit what gets saved.

Except for players themselves, I'm constantly working with the saves for everything else.

If you look at ZKs Lost, you can see how much code he wrote to deal with the same issue. Its a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FireWalker said:

@UnDeaD.

That is pretty much the most difficult part to deal with. I use event handlers to limit what gets saved.

Except for players themselves, I'm constantly working with the saves for everything else.

If you look at ZKs Lost, you can see how much code he wrote to deal with the same issue. Its a lot.

Yeah, I know and I saw it. Lot of work in it.

@.Frankie.

There isn't any problem with inidbi2 either, just I can't make it to work together with the vehicle module, it can save them, but the vehicle count gets higher every restart, because the vehicle module it spawning more vehicles and the DB is saving them constantly.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

just I can't make it to work together with the vehicle module, it can save them, but the vehicle count gets higher every restart,

Thats where the eventHandler  getOutMan  would come in handy.  You could set it up to call your save function only when a person exits a vehicle, and not every vehicle in the map.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Thats where the eventHandler  getOutMan  would come in handy.  You could set it up to call your save function only when a person exits a vehicle, and not every vehicle in the map.

I was thinking about a similar solution but with AddAction, but yours seems easier

@haleks

I played on the server quite a bit last night and saw a couple "issues" that I originally thought was from a sript that I had running. Other than that one script,  this mission has been my goto mission for quite a long time.

I removed the script and ended up with the same things.

Renegade and Bandit AI were loaded with magazines. Completely full. Originally I thought it was due to all the players yesterday, but it happened ladt night when I was playing alone also.

And it seems like the indoor loot spawns have changed dramatically. I normally keep them around 7 to 10%, but that ended up with vitruallt no item spawns. Late last night I bumped it to 20%. I did see an improvement, but not what I expected from a number like that. I'm thinking at 30% would yield what used to be 10%.. Just some thoughts.

I think Tourist and I are going to do some vanilla testing this week, so I'll see how it goes in there also.

Fire

6 hours ago, .Frankie. said:

@lv1234I had the same issue, when I used more then one (1) blacklist module, zombies still would spawned in the areas. I split my map into two zones, now I only use one blacklist module and it works fine. My radius is 12000 meters :)

@haleksDo you know how to keep zombies and AI from glitch through walls ? I posted a screenshot on Steam. Was in my Base and had tons of zombies come through concrete wall. I use a large Airport Hangar. I placed the concrete walls in the front opening. They don't glitch though the Hangar walls. BTW the same happens with the AI.

@UnDeaD.I use the extDB2 instead of inidbi2 works great with saving anything you like to safe. (Source A3Wasteland.com)

How about the safe zones?

2 hours ago, FireWalker said:

@haleks

I played on the server quite a bit last night and saw a couple "issues" that I originally thought was from a sript that I had running. Other than that one script,  this mission has been my goto mission for quite a long time.

I removed the script and ended up with the same things.

Renegade and Bandit AI were loaded with magazines. Completely full. Originally I thought it was due to all the players yesterday, but it happened ladt night when I was playing alone also.

And it seems like the indoor loot spawns have changed dramatically. I normally keep them around 7 to 10%, but that ended up with vitruallt no item spawns. Late last night I bumped it to 20%. I did see an improvement, but not what I expected from a number like that. I'm thinking at 30% would yield what used to be 10%.. Just some thoughts.

I think Tourist and I are going to do some vanilla testing this week, so I'll see how it goes in there also.

Fire

Regarding NPCs being loaded with magazines, I have no idea what could cause that (was it a dedi server?), but I can already tell that the spawn loot chances will be more accurate with the next version : while tweaking the loot system to work with ambient furnitures, I realized the way spawn chances were processed was wonky.

Yes dedi.

Hadn't noticed the magazines spawning on AI like that in the last version, and admittedly, I just really started playing this new version as sandbox. (I've been working with Ravage, but in a different style of mission)

I don't think its from something on the server, because I haven't changed anything in that mission for several months (except that one script)  (I did place down new Rav Modules after the last update). I'll let you know after some more testing.

Fire

• Like 1

Okay i was able to get the zombie blacklist working but was not able to get the safezone for my traders working....The trader zone for my scenario is going to be on a maltis island to the top left of the map

5 hours ago, FireWalker said:

Yes dedi.

Fire

I hopped on your server last night for a little while. Only played for about an hour but it was fun. I'm telling people about it. It's the first actual dedicated Ravage server I have seen. Everything ran well. I was getting 120fps with a decent amount of zombies and AI. I had no problems with loot at all.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I hopped on your server last night for a little while. Only played for about an hour but it was fun. I'm telling people about it. It's the first actual dedicated Ravage server I have seen. Everything ran well. I was getting 120fps with a decent amount of zombies and AI. I had no problems with loot at all.

Well...I am working on something ...:) 

• Like 2

@haleks

Do you know how the safe zone system works? I placed it down and put a radius of 3 Km (3000 meters) but ai still spawn around there, excluding traders i placed down