1 minute ago, boyce05 said:

Since I have custom items in the modfile, whats the easiest way to add it to the newest update

If you mean the loot lists : those shouldn't be affected. They will remain the same, it's only the way loot spawns that is being changed; so any script that you may use to override those lists should work still after the next update.

5 minutes ago, haleks said:

If you mean the loot lists : those shouldn't be affected. They will remain the same, it's only the way loot spawns that is being changed; so any script that you may use to override those lists should work still after the next update.

Thank ye

1 hour ago, haleks said:

Some quick news about the next update :

I took a few hours today to focus on various tweaks and fixes not related to the new loot/furnitures system. Mostly traders and zombies related stuff - I'm still reviewing what else needs fixing for traders, but here's the changelog so far :

*Zombies have been assigned proper nameSounds : This means that the AI will no longer use "unknown_type" when calling out spotted zombies. Instead of saying "Contact, unknown, 100 meters", your AI squadmates will now say "Contact, Walker, 100 meters", either on radio or directly. "Walker" is the best word I could find in the vanilla audio files, it has variants for pretty much every voice ingame so it should feel natural and "vanilla" (so to speak) in most scenarios - except that runners and bolters will also be called "walkers" by the AI... If you fancy a remake of The Walking Dead, Ravage 147 will be perfect for it, haha! ^^

There's still a lot of work to be done on the loot & furnitures system (that's why it's not the changelog yet), but thanks to EO and Cosmic, we are making good progress on the more time consuming aspects (creating all the compos for all buildings). The concept itself is working pretty good both technically and performance-wise; all is left is to do is finishing the compos and the actual implementation : if possible, I'd like to avoid breaking older missions with the new module, but that is going to be a headache...

EDIT : I should probably mention that the next update will most likely no longer use the damaged models for Altis/Stratis structures, as their current implementation causes too many issues with ambient furnitures.

Great work, Haleks

Have you found out the distance you have to move away from the traders (esp. stationary ones in tanoa), in order for the sold items to change?

Do I really have to take a nap here?...

Spoiler

75XfKTd.jpg

slIPxtf.jpg

:goodnight:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

Great work, Haleks

Have you found out the distance you have to move away from the traders (esp. stationary ones in tanoa), in order for the sold items to change?

The distance treshhold is set to 250 meters, but it is checked every 30 minutes in Ravage 146 (I'll reduce that delay in the next version).

16 minutes ago, haleks said:

The distance treshhold is set to 250 meters, but it is checked every 30 minutes in Ravage 146 (I'll reduce that delay in the next version).

In 147 or 148?

So if i move to more than 250 meters and wait about 30 minutes in game, the sold items should change?  Also how would you modify this on the traders if you were making a new ravage scenario

Also is there any way to enable sleeping in a new ravage scenario i am making?

34 minutes ago, haleks said:

Would you have any idea about lootspawns to ds houses, the mod for chernarus redux (adds custom interiors for previously non enterable houses.)

5 hours ago, lv1234 said:

In 147 or 148?

So if i move to more than 250 meters and wait about 30 minutes in game, the sold items should change?  Also how would you modify this on the traders if you were making a new ravage scenario

Also is there any way to enable sleeping in a new ravage scenario i am making?

I have done some missions and what i can tell you about the sleeping mechanics are working with the sleeping bag and folded tent but only in SP mission scenario not in Coop/Mp at least for me ! 

8 hours ago, boyce05 said:

Would you have any idea about lootspawns to ds houses, the mod for chernarus redux (adds custom interiors for previously non enterable houses.)

No idea sorry

3 hours ago, skechbg said:

I have done some missions and what i can tell you about the sleeping mechanics are working with the sleeping bag and folded tent but only in SP mission scenario not in Coop/Mp at least for me ! 

I'm not talking about already created ravage missions...I'm talking about implementing them in my new fresh ravage scenario i am creating

10 hours ago, haleks said:

Zombies were able to detect deployed mines and explosives.

Nice update Haleks!

As for what i quoted here,

couple of things, im thinking that since zombies are basically dead humans come back to life, and staggering around like they are struggling

to do anything, would it not be more ideal to make them "dumb" and disabled, i mean giving them the ability to detect things

other then the player is giving them powers aside the basic instincts and or cravings/urges to attack what is living hence the player and other AI.

Being able to see mines, or any type mines should not make them avoid them, i think their vision should be obscure where all they see is "life" of the player and other AI, if they have the smarts enough to avoid mines, then they

should have smarts enough to pick a gun up and shoot you with it, giving a zombie the ability to differentiate whats dangerous should imo be null, or not existent, all they are is revived instinct.

Lastly I also think that their spotting ability should be reduced in terms of sight, however their hearing ability can be sharp but i think if you can crouch you can make yourself more... not as loud and or even almost silent

where you can sneak up on them and use something like this on them: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27262

• Like 5

Update - Ravage Utube Channel

Added new videos to the following playlists:

Gameplay previews

• TROPIC SURVIVAL (NO ZOMBIES) - ARMA 3

Full Episodes

• Arma 3 - Pantheran Plague (SP/Ravage Mod)

• ULTIMATE SURVIVAL - ARMA 3

• ArmA 3 (Escape Ravaged Chernarus)

Mini Episodes

• Arma 3 RAVAGE Mod Survival - Part 3

• Arma 3 RAVAGE Mod Survival - Part 2

• Arma 3 RAVAGE Mod Survival - Part 1

• Arma3: DayZ Ravage Mod SP. - EP:1 Wintereinbruch!

• Arma3: DayZ Ravage Mod SP. - EP:2 Das nächtliche Elektro!

• Arma 3: DayZ Ravage Mod SP. - EP:3 Ein kalter Morgen!

• Arma 3: DayZ Ravage Mod SP. - EP:4 Langsam weiter Richtung Norden!

Next update in a couple of weeks, if anyone has a video that you dont

see on the channel, or i missed, or want to be on the channel, send me a pm.

• Like 5

This may be a dumb question but im so new to scripting I just cant figure it out. I want to change the loot crates/suitcases in ravage, to just spawn a "GroundWeaponHolder" aka just show the item on the ground. I see it's already done with backpacks, but I know I need to change additional things in that script to make it work with clothes, weapons, magazines, food/water, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to ask 2 things-

1- Would it be possible to make the respawn tents individual, so when placed only the person who placed them can spawn on them

2- Is there any possibility of adding buildable furniture/defenses as currently I am using ace placables but it is not ideal.

5 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

couple of things, im thinking that since zombies are basically dead humans come back to life, and staggering around like they are struggling

to do anything, would it not be more ideal to make them "dumb" and disabled, i mean giving them the ability to detect things

other then the player is giving them powers aside the basic instincts and or cravings/urges to attack what is living hence the player and other AI.

Being able to see mines, or any type mines should not make them avoid them, i think their vision should be obscure where all they see is "life" of the player and other AI, if they have the smarts enough to avoid mines, then they

should have smarts enough to pick a gun up and shoot you with it, giving a zombie the ability to differentiate whats dangerous should imo be null, or not existent, all they are is revived instinct.

Since it's in the fixed section and says were I'm gonna risk it and say the zombies will now walk straight into mines without thinking too much about the consequences.

Also zombies can pick up stuff and use it against you, you know...?

Spoiler

hes-got-a-rock-nold.png

9hpo3T5iiIQJzzrMsMj0SJvpqTe.jpg?itok=9F5

the-undead-bub-tests-out-his-shooting-sk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gaverio said:

Since it's in the fixed section and says were I'm gonna risk it and say the zombies will now walk straight into mines without thinking too much about the consequences.

Yes, Gaverio is right : try having zombies walking into a mine field in the current release : zombies will always try to walk around them mines.

This behaviour will be fixed with the next update : zombies will be oblivious to mines and happily walk on them. :)

• Like 3

@gaverio, nice pics man....George A. Romero (February 4, 1940 – July 16, 2017)  ^^

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gaverio said:

Right, for some reason my brain decided to just read what was fixed and not actually process the fact that it was fixed, so its a win anyways, lol

im a realist when it comes to things, even with zombies it got to be believable to me or my mind wont accept it, as much as zombies are partially believable

its got to be something that you think you would actually see, the runners aspect of the mod we probably could say are not really zombies but rather people f*cked up in the

head so bad they will attack anyone, i guess, idk whats everyone else's theory?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gunter Severloh said:

whats everyone else's theory?

I really like what they did with The Last of Us : infected people are controlled by a fungus parasite.

It is something that has been observed IRL already, Cordyceps fungus mind-controlling ants :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_unilateralis

https://askabiologist.asu.edu/zombie-ants

• Like 2

@Gunter: The behaviour of zombies has partial roots in reality.  In situations where humans found themselves forced to eat human flesh like e.g. some of the polar expeditions or long lasting sieges, there are some historical reports of folks going all crazy after the've done it. This might have more psychological reasons than physiological. 

But in more modern times (20th cenbtury), the root of the brain disease called "Kuru" occurring so unusually common amongst a certain tribe in Papua New Guinea  has been found to be said tribes custom to eat parts of their dead, especially the brains,  as a symbol of veneration and to keep the deceased's wisdom alive in the tribe.   The ones infected by Kuru act more like our Walkers here - with some of them showing very erratic body movements, but not necessarily aggressive behaviour including vicious attacks on others. 

So our zombies are IMHO a combination of various historical observations and cultural myths like the Wiedergänger Myth in all Germanic culture countries. And the best part. it's so damned fun to play this in a MILSIM engine like ARMA!

• Like 1

I have a public Ravage server back up.  Its on Tanoa. Has player persistence.

Only these mods (to keep it simple):

1. Ravage v146

2. CBA_A3  <--- newest version

3. You can use enhanced movement (BB)

206.217.128.13:2310    (no password)

[DFS] RAVAGE on TANOA

Everybody is invited. If you see some foolish cheating, just PM me.

Fire

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For some reason script for adding customized weapons to the Raiders does not work for me anymore. Can anyone help me? What am I doing wrong? I've placed it at the end of the Ravage init.sqf file in rvg_missions.pbo. Here is my list:

Spoiler

waitUntil {!isNil "rvg_gearlist"};
    {
    0 = rvg_mainWeapons pushBack _x; //civilians weapons
    } 
forEach ["hlc_rifle_aks74u",                         
"hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F",                                
"hlc_rifle_M1903A1_unertl",                                
"hlc_smg_mp5n",          
"rhs_weap_ak74m",
"rhs_weap_m4a1_blockII",            
"hlc_rifle_ak12",
"hlc_rifle_honeybadger"];
    {
    0 = rvg_Weapons pushBack _x; // military weapons
    }
forEach ["hlc_rifle_FAL5000",                                       
"srifle_DMR_05_hex_F",                                   
"srifle_DMR_02_camo_F",                                     
"hlc_rifle_g3sg1",                                       
"hlc_rifle_psg1",                  
"hlc_rifle_M14DMR",                                                                                                                                                                                  
"hlc_rifle_awmagnum",
"rhs_weap_m40a5",                                          
"rhs_weap_XM2010_wd",                                                                                                                           
"rhs_weap_sr25_ec",                                          
"rhs_weap_SVDP",                                             
"rhs_weap_VSS",                                              
"rhs_weap_M107",                                               
"srifle_LRR_F",                                              
"srifle_GM6_F",                                                                                         
"rhs_weap_fgm148",
"rhs_weap_fim92",
"rhs_weap_igla"];
    {
    0 = rvg_Items pushBack _x;            // accessories 
    } 
forEach ["rhsusf_acc_compm4",           
"rhs_acc_rakursPM",
"rhsusf_acc_ACOG3_USMC",                
"rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR_CX_3D",  
"rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR_A",    
"rhsusf_acc_premier_low",
"rhsusf_acc_M8541_low_wd",
"rhsusf_acc_LEUPOLDMK4",
"rhsusf_acc_LEUPOLDMK4_2",
"rhsusf_acc_anpeq15_wmx",                             
"rhsusf_acc_grip1",                              
"rhsusf_acc_SR25S",
"rhsusf_acc_rotex5_grey",
"rhsusf_acc_M2010S",
"rhsusf_acc_ACOG_MDO",
"rhs_acc_pso1m2",
"rhs_acc_pso1m21",
"rhs_acc_1p29",                                    
"rhs_acc_1pn93_1",                                   
"rhs_acc_pkas",                                  
"rhs_acc_1p63",                                 
"rhs_acc_1p78",                                  
"rhs_acc_ekp1",                                 
"rhs_acc_tgpa",                                
"rhs_acc_pbs1",
"rhs_acc_tgpv",
"hlc_muzzle_545SUP_AK",
"hlc_muzzle_762SUP_AK",
"hlc_optic_goshawk",
"hlc_optic_1p29",
"hlc_optic_PVS4FAL",
"hlc_optic_PVS4G3",        
"hlc_optic_suit",            
"HLC_Optic_ZFSG1",        
"hlc_optic_accupoint_g3",
"hlc_muzzle_snds_M14",    
"hlc_optic_artel_m14",    
"hlc_optic_LRT_m14",    
"hlc_muzzle_556NATO_KAC",    
"hlc_muzzle_Tundra",                                   
"hlc_30Rnd_9x19_SD_MP5",
"hlc_5rnd_3006_1903",
"7Rnd_408_Mag",
"5Rnd_127x108_APDS_Mag",
"10Rnd_93x64_DMR_05_Mag",
"10Rnd_338_Mag",
"rhsusf_10Rnd_762x51_m118_special_Mag",
"rhsusf_5Rnd_300winmag_xm2010",
"hlc_5rnd_300WM_AP_AWM",
"rhs_10Rnd_762x54mmR_7N1",
"rhs_20rnd_9x39mm_SP6",
"hlc_30Rnd_545x39_EP_AK",  
"rhs_fgm148_magazine_AT",
"rhs_fim92_mag",
"rhs_mag_9k38_rocket",                  
"muzzle_snds_338_black",
"muzzle_snds_93mmg",
"RH_ta01nsn",                      
"RH_eotech553mag",
"rvg_plasticBottlePurified",                           
"rvg_spirit",
"rvg_rice",
"rvg_purificationTablets",
"NVGoggles_OPFOR",
"NVGogglesB_blk_F",
"ItemGPS",
"Laserdesignator",
"FirstAidKit",
"optic_LRPS",
"optic_MRD",
"optic_Arco",
"optic_ERCO_blk_F",
"optic_Hamr",
"optic_Aco",
"optic_Holosight",
"optic_NVS",
"optic_Nightstalker",
"optic_tws",
"optic_KHS_blk",          
"optic_AMS",
"optic_DMS",
"optic_SOS",
"bipod_01_F_blk",
"muzzle_HBADGER",
"muzzle_snds_L",           
"muzzle_snds_M",          
"muzzle_snds_B",             
"muzzle_snds_acp",         
"U_B_FullGhillie_sard"];

Thanks.

3 hours ago, haleks said:

I really like what they did with The Last of Us : infected people are controlled by a fungus parasite.

It is something that has been observed IRL already, Cordyceps fungus mind-controlling ants :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_unilateralis

https://askabiologist.asu.edu/zombie-ants

Fascinating stuff, from the Zombie ants

One day the zombie ant leaves the nest in search of a place the fungus can grow. The ant will climb up above the forest floor and bite down on the underside of a leaf in just the right conditions.

There, the ant dies. But that is not the end of this story. Firmly attached to the leaf through the ant's bite, the fungus again starts to grow. A long stalk bursts out of the ant’s head

and continues to develop until it forms an ascoma.

This is the fungus fruit, which releases new spores to transform other ants into zombies.

So in a scenario we could somehow exaggerate the fungus where it could come from a meteor that crashed landed on the planet, and started spreading to infect the inhabitants.

Could be an experiment gone wrong where a fungus was being tested or sampled, and somehow infected the tester, ideas go on and on with this.

Its rather believable, for people it would be interesting to see the state they would be in if the same fungus infected a person, the scale would i think have to be larger.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FireWalker said:

I have a public Ravage server back up.  Its on Tanoa. Has player persistence.

Only these mods (to keep it simple):

1. Ravage v146

2. CBA_A3  <--- newest version

3. You can use enhanced movement (BB)

206.217.128.13:2310    (no password)

[DFS] RAVAGE on TANOA

Everybody is invited. If you see some foolish cheating, just PM me.

Fire

Il check it out, what are you using for persistancy?