9 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

I'm happy to be proved wrong on this one but I answered this a few posts ago...  https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3245020

You can't interact with a hand-placed trader if you turn everything off in the AI module, you have to enable at least one roaming faction in order to activate and interact with a static trader.

grrrr

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

I'm happy to be proved wrong on this one but I answered this a few posts ago...  https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/183264-ravage-mod/?do=findComment&comment=3245020

You can't interact with a hand-placed trader if you turn everything off in the AI module, you have to enable at least one roaming faction in order to activate and interact with a static trader.

@boyce05

Then enable one and set population factor to 0.

Problem solved.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cosmic10r said:

Tried doing a couple more Rusty guns since I noticed Apex weapons arent EBOd anymore.

I'll keep fiddling and see if there is some good one to add...

Who's mod are you using to separate  that poor fellas head like that?<<<<Scratch that didn't see  ConJon's post

Edited by miasdad
Already answered

2 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

I'm happy to be proved wrong on this one...

54 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:05

Then enable one and set population factor to 0.

Problem solved.

Looks like I'm happy. :rthumb:

• Like 2

FYI , i am using bloodmist mod with the Headgore mod.

8 hours ago, haleks said:

@wansec_6: drinking from water surfaces like rivers isn't supported ATM, there're way too many variables to deal with and not all terrains use the same techs (ponds etc).

@lv1234: traders will have different supplies if you get far enough from them (can't remember the exact distance treshhold), but having that happening on a daily basis would make more sense. I'll see if I can tweak that.

Really? So if you go away from the traders in altis (if they stand still) and tanoa (the trading store) for a while, the items they sell will re-randomize?

Anyway, if you do implement it, that would be nice. Keep up the good work :)

So I tried a different way of doing the rusty weapons and I think it turned out better then the last one... the contrast sucked in  the last picture...

Thoughts?

7mxolyi.jpg

• Like 8

@cosmic10r

I think it looks really good. Looks like an unkept gun thats been laying around in the shed or the back of the truck for quite awhile.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

@cosmic10r

I think it looks really good. Looks like an unkept gun thats been laying around in the shed or the back of the truck for quite awhile.

Here is the other side... I'm going to fiddle with method a bit more and see what I can come up with.

Then I'll have to see how many Haleks let's me add LOL

Ylwiv2G.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/8/2017 at 3:29 AM, Evil Organ said:

1. Place down the Ravage AI module.

2. Place down a unit. (preferably a blufor or civilian)

3. Add this code to the init of unit...

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];  // this is for an arms trader

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_gear_s", true];  // this is for a gear trader

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true];  // this is for a supplies trader

If you want the trader to remain static, uncheck Enable Simulation. (found in the unit's Objects: Special States)

Edit...Oops, just noticed Fire's post which links a solution. :razz:

What do you mean by ravage ai module? sorry have not been messing with editor for a while

never mind found it

But still wanting know how to make it so that the trader items re-randomize each day or when you get a certain distance away from them.

hey guys, just a noob question. how do i set zombies to be friendly with OPFOR? something along the lines of like Ryan zombies and demons where they dont attack OPFOR if their set to be friendly with em, i prefer the zombies in this mod as it doesnt impact performance that much and the fact that you can give the zombies different uniforms compared to ryans

@cosmic10r: looks really great!  The little black dots remain if a survivor tries to remove deep old rust stains with improvised abrasives like sand - perfect depiction of such cleaning efforts's result!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, HazardousJay said:

hey guys, just a noob question. how do i set zombies to be friendly with OPFOR? something along the lines of like Ryan zombies and demons where they dont attack OPFOR if their set to be friendly with em, i prefer the zombies in this mod as it doesnt impact performance that much and the fact that you can give the zombies different uniforms compared to ryans

Im not sure thats possible rite now..

zeds will attack anything,including animals

@HazardousJay: redarmy is right, zeds will attack anything that is not a zed. Why do you want them to be friendly with Opfor, if I may ask?

I assume a scenario involving mind control or something like that?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

New Old Rpg

mmXfmGK.jpg

BHG6tYg.jpg

Should add some crack effects to the wood. Imo, if these would be added, change the stats to make them less accurate for realism.

3 hours ago, haleks said:

I assume a scenario involving mind control or something like that?

yeah! XD just thought of an absurd scenario.. guess ill make do.

btw this mod is awesome since you can slap uniforms of different mods into the zeds, so they at least fit the country. i.e Chernarus civvie clothing for zombies in chernarus, and fitting takistan clothing for the zombie taki civs etc.  not to mention its not too straining on the ol' toaster

• Like 2

Some quick news about the next update :

I took a few hours today to focus on various tweaks and fixes not related to the new loot/furnitures system. Mostly traders and zombies related stuff - I'm still reviewing what else needs fixing for traders, but here's the changelog so far :

Tweaked :
Zed pathfinding updates should execute a bit faster.
Reduced unnecessary zed pathfinding updates.
Minor optimizations to zombie AI.
Tweaked list of lootable props.
Positioning of spawned vehicles and wrecks.
Wrecks are now spawned as simpleObjects.
Edited gear lists for NPCs.
Added a new default uniform to zombies.
Traders will greet nearby players.
It is now possible to sleep on sofas.
Zombies have been assigned proper nameSounds.*
Traders will update their supplies at least once a day.

Fixed :
Zombies had trouble updating their pathfinding when in large groups.
Zombies were able to detect deployed mines and explosives.
Vehicles and wrecks spawning on top of each others.
Spawned wrecks sometimes sunk into the ground.
Fixed nomad traders failing to stop when approached.
Fixed an issue with backpacks grabbed by zombies.
Fixed another issue/exploit when selling weapons to traders.

New :
Added an Ambient Conversation setting to the AI module.
Zombies have a small chance to disarm players.

*Zombies have been assigned proper nameSounds : This means that the AI will no longer use "unknown_type" when calling out spotted zombies. Instead of saying "Contact, unknown, 100 meters", your AI squadmates will now say "Contact, Walker, 100 meters", either on radio or directly. "Walker" is the best word I could find in the vanilla audio files, it has variants for pretty much every voice ingame so it should feel natural and "vanilla" (so to speak) in most scenarios - except that runners and bolters will also be called "walkers" by the AI... If you fancy a remake of The Walking Dead, Ravage 147 will be perfect for it, haha! ^^

There's still a lot of work to be done on the loot & furnitures system (that's why it's not the changelog yet), but thanks to EO and Cosmic, we are making good progress on the more time consuming aspects (creating all the compos for all buildings). The concept itself is working pretty good both technically and performance-wise; all is left is to do is finishing the compos and the actual implementation : if possible, I'd like to avoid breaking older missions with the new module, but that is going to be a headache...

EDIT : I should probably mention that the next update will most likely no longer use the damaged models for Altis/Stratis structures, as their current implementation causes too many issues with ambient furnitures.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, haleks said:

EDIT : I should probably mention that the next update will most likely no longer use the damaged models for Altis/Stratis structures, as their current implementation causes too many issues with ambient furnitures.

Yeah, also noticed that some of the buildings were bugged into each other sometimes.

I don't think that it will be a problem for anybody if you reset them.

i tweaked the wood a bit but im not sure if looks better or worse then the first set

Jme00As.jpg

I think the first set i posted looks better after looking at it.

I a bit disappointed because i had a cool idea for the Rpg head but it isn't configured to be retextured.

• Sad 1

I havent been following on the most recent updates, but do you guys have large group of zombies spawned once you kill initial 4 bandits at the start? Is this something you've encountered as well, or it's some bug that I have? :eh:

31 minutes ago, haleks said:

Some quick news about the next update :

I took a few hours today to focus on various tweaks and fixes not related to the new loot/furnitures system. Mostly traders and zombies related stuff - I'm still reviewing what else needs fixing for traders, but here's the changelog so far :

*Zombies have been assigned proper nameSounds : This means that the AI will no longer use "unknown_type" when calling out spotted zombies. Instead of saying "Contact, unknown, 100 meters", your AI squadmates will now say "Contact, Walker, 100 meters", either on radio or directly. "Walker" is the best word I could find in the vanilla audio files, it has variants for pretty much every voice ingame so it should feel natural and "vanilla" (so to speak) in pretty much every scenario - except that runners and bolters will also be called "walkers" by the AI... If you fancy a remake of The Walking Dead, Ravage 147 will be perfect for it, haha! ^^

There's still a lot of work to be done on the loot & furnitures system (that's why it's not the changelog yet), but thanks to EO and Cosmic, we are making good progress on the more time consuming aspects (creating all the compos for all buildings). The concept itself is working pretty good both technically and performance-wise; all is left is to do is finishing the compos and the actual implementation : if possible, I'd like to avoid breaking older missions with the new module, but that is going to be a headache...

Since I have custom items in the modfile, whats the easiest way to add it to the newest update