I spent the week-end making sure there will be no pop-in (still tweaking that, actually) : someone playing Arma3 for the first time probably wouldn't realize those objects are not part of the terrain and spawned on the fly. ;)

(And yep, it's all based on the actual camera.)

• Like 6

haleks:

Sorry for asking (i have a lot of time to play ravage!!) is this a script from ravage "Ambient Furnitures system"

or the TPW Furniture Module?

On 10/22/2017 at 11:26 PM, haleks said:

What Ravage Shop Addon? You mean the Traders?

Regarding MP persistence : it all happens locally, so it shouldn't generate any additional trafic on the network. If anyone else observes performance issues, please report them.

1. There're 4 factors : proximity, speed of the target, stance and sun angle (it's all visual basically). And of course direct LoS; were you hidden in grass or something?

2. Maybe. ^^

3. Zeus was not easy to work with last time I fiddled with it, but I'll have a look.

4. Wich one, NPCs or Zombies? If I recall correctly settings are pretty close to default values. I'll release unpacked versions of the demo missions anyway, if anyone wants to use them as templates.

That will have to wait for the next release and the overhauled loot module though.

Thanks for your answers Haleks. With question 4, I was actually referring to the player's spawning system. Sorry for not specifying but I look forward to dissecting the mission once you release it ;)

@haleks

Don't you think that objects inside buildings will break the zombies' pathfinding?

Or have you tested it already?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

@haleks

Don't you think that objects inside buildings will break the zombies' pathfinding?

Ha,ha. Hopefully!!  Easier to blow their rotten brains out with them stuck on a chair!!  Lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, UnDeaD. said:

@haleks

Haleks will give a definitive answer, but all the furniture compositions are sitting snugly against the walls and corners of structures....and from what I've seen so far Zombies are doing just fine...

Spoiler

kFc3RFc.jpgx2zF4gR.jpgdn5ZZ65.jpgtZIap6q.jpgrsmUc2m.jpg

:rthumb:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Amazing mod ! I make a SP/Coop Mission with all modules only NO ZOMBIES ! And its really cool and more realistic and (randomize) feel ! The only downside of this (and holding my mission without publish it) its because the RAVAGE mod its not in Arma Workshop... i hope @haleks you decide to publish it official in Workshop one day! This gone a make the mod more popular and easy to use with the Subscribe option! Thanks and keep doing the great work! 

PS: One think what i find... imagine coop scenario and when you die you automaticly switch to AI in your squad (in my case me and 3 AI) After that all its still working only the LOOT items in all boxes,bags ect ect its 0 ... no loot in the loot holders (bags,boxes) so its imposible to play that way only with humans works! I plan to release a SP experiance with the AIs but i wanted to makes it this way if you die to switch to next AI until all dies and its over but the loot doesent work... so now its when i die its over ... :)

Zombie pathfinding is a good question... will test and report.

Looks like EOs work from his pics... but a good callout for me to keep in mind and test.

• Like 1

G'day Haleks,

I am enjoying what you have brought to the game. I was wondering if it is possible to have the hunger/thirst levels displayed on the main screen instead of in the inventory window?

Where can I find protection suit or any anti-rad equipment? So far what I could find was the gasmask.

18 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

Where can I find protection suit or any anti-rad equipment? So far what I could find was the gasmask.

Keep in mind... and i think this is still the case, that loot is based on building types so you will find the higher end gear like suits and ant rad stuff to be more likely around military areas and food and supplies in civilian areas.

10 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

G'day Haleks,

I am enjoying what you have brought to the game. I was wondering if it is possible to have the hunger/thirst levels displayed on the main screen instead of in the inventory window?

That would potentially break a lof of missions, sadly : the display uses the "hint" command, and that one is also very commonly used by mission makers to display various infos and updates during a mission. :/

I'll leave it as it is for now, but might code a different display method for a future update.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Keep in mind... and i think this is still the case, that loot is based on building types so you will find the higher end gear like suits and ant rad stuff to be more likely around military areas and food and supplies in civilian areas.

Yeah i know that. I looted military areas many times, but never managed to find a protection suit or a rebreather (and I believe these protect from radiation). There are some big domes near the airport on Altis, and that is the place where I mostly found anti-rad pills, but no equipment I mentioned before. (I saw them in the VA and that's why I was curious)

35 minutes ago, haleks said:

That would potentially break a lof of missions, sadly : the display uses the "hint" command, and that one is also very commonly used by mission makers to display various infos and updates during a mission. :/

I'll leave it as it is for now, but might code a different display method for a future update.

I have an idea if your interested...

perhaps add a different  PPE effect for each thirst/hunger/fatigue... every time you drop down by 20%  with increasing levels of PPE at each stage

if he is looking for status knowledge without opening inventory

Yeah, they are exceedingly rare... awhile back i added custom crates with a chance to drop random items from rvg loot so as the mission maker you can add a few of those around military areas to increase your chances.

I can send you the code if you like... its pretty basic and doesnt guarantee a specific item but gives you a chance at it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

Yeah i know that. I looted military areas many times, but never managed to find a protection suit or a rebreather (and I believe these protect from radiation). There are some big domes near the airport on Altis, and that is the place where I mostly found anti-rad pills, but no equipment I mentioned before. (I saw them in the VA and that's why I was curious)

I didnt see any of this items, i think only the gas mask is the protection against radiation and anti-raids pills to stabilize it! (can be wrong)

1 minute ago, redarmy said:

perhaps add a different  PPE effect for each thirst/hunger/fatigue... every time you drop down by 20%  with increasing levels of PPE at each stage

Thats a good idea as long as its an indicator and not overly obtrusive.

3 minutes ago, cosmic10r said:

Thats a good idea as long as its an indicator and not overly obtrusive.

Dont forget about the ACE and hes visual (screen) effects when you are in pain or bleeding.... have people who use it with the RAVAGE and gone a be confused if he adds a creen FX to the food and water status... i think with Sound Fx gone a be better ... or animation FX  ... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cosmic10r said:

Yeah, they are exceedingly rare... awhile back i added custom crates with a chance to drop random items from rvg loot so as the mission maker you can add a few of those around military areas to increase your chances.

I can send you the code if you like... its pretty basic and doesnt guarantee a specific item but gives you a chance at it.

I was thinking about a similar method. I downloaded the ETG helicrash and drop script a few months ago. I think i will add these items to it. Also i'm challenging myself to keep the editor placed stuff as low as possible: I mean I try to do almost everything with scripts, I only put necessary stuff in the editor. But anyways, thanks for the offer! :f:

20 minutes ago, redarmy said:

I use a sandstorm script which also uses PPE effects and I think that would pretty much break it, like anything else that uses PPE effects

13 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

I was thinking about a similar method. I downloaded the ETG helicrash and drop script a few months ago. I think i will add these items to it. Also i'm challenging myself to keep the editor placed stuff as low as possible: I mean I try to do almost everything with scripts, I only put necessary stuff in the editor. But anyways, thanks for the offer! :f:

Good idea... if you add the classname of what you want it will add it to the crash sites... i also have that in my ravage missions and it adds one of those cool dynamic elements to the game... you can also get the crates to spawn in random areas via a script if you want to keep it on the Script low lol ;)

• Like 1

Hey there, so I am making a mission on this, and I was wondering where to find the trader script, as I would like to add it to a static trader ideally. If you could help I would be most pleased.