5 hours ago, haleks said:

Hi guys!

Another year in the world of Ravage, another update!

Here's the changelog for this release :

Download link :

drive_logo.png

Mostly fixes and tweaks; the mod should be pretty much bug-free for now - that should leave me some time to concentrate on other projects and additions for Ravage.

Have fun everyone, and thank you all for your feedback, suggestions, support and contributions, or simply playing the mod!

I noticed that you forgot the sleep HoldAction, but nevermind :grinning: everything else works how it supposed to.

@UnDeaD. : Oh shoot. :/

Until I change this, I suggest tweaking your controls scheme : I've set a different key for action validation and I'm not having the problem we've talked about.

@redarmy :

I'm thinking about refactoring bits and pieces of both AI & Loot modules, better control over NPC spawns is definitely on the list. ;)

• Like 4

@haleks Have you got any sort of base building element planned for the future, or do you not prefer to delve into this area of features?

Something like the seemingly broken iBuild would be absolutely amazing to see

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vastiny said:

@haleks Have you got any sort of base building element planned for the future, or do you not prefer to delve into this area of features?

Abandoned project, but it works. All it needs is an inidb (not sure which one). I also tried it, and I was able to save the walls and pieces. Plus I wrote a little script which gives you the ability to loot specific objects, and you could find random amount of materials. It was cool, too bad it was on my old PC :down:

Oh and @haleks I have an idea for multiplayer sleeping: a person could sleep, but instead of time skipping the person's health would regenerate over time, and he could wake up at any time when he presses a movement key. (also the anim could be changed to the lying-on-back anim in that case). I tried to do it myself but never finished it.

• Like 2

I don’t want to veer offtopic, but because it relates to this, just wanted to say I’ve recently I’ve sunk 5-6 hours into Exile on a zombie survival server, and I really adore how all the crafting, resource gathering and base building mechanics all tie in. It’s really exceptionally great.

The only reason I mention it, is because a few months back I played Desolation Redux (and mentioned it here), who’s elements now seem strikingly similar to what Exile has. The files of which for Desolation Redux I think are now open source?

I know since Ravage is a one man gig, integrating open source material might not be a terrible idea if this kind of stuff is in the cards for Ravage in the future. So figured I’d just mention there are excellent systems out there that would tie into the world real well I think if writing something new is out of the question.

Though whatever Haleks chooses to do I’ll be pleased with. He’s a coding genius madman. :)

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

Abandoned project, but it works. All it needs is an inidb (not sure which one). I also tried it, and I was able to save the walls and pieces. Plus I wrote a little script which gives you the ability to loot specific objects, and you could find random amount of materials. It was cool, too bad it was on my old PC :down:

Oh and @haleks I have an idea for multiplayer sleeping: a person could sleep, but instead of time skipping the person's health would regenerate over time, and he could wake up at any time when he presses a movement key. (also the anim could be changed to the lying-on-back anim in that case). I tried to do it myself but never finished it.

Oh that sucks that you lost it, tbh I would pay actual money for someone to release a fixed up version of iBuild that can be slapped into a mission either by script or by mod with modules to tweak settings.

I recall trying to get it working myself half a year ago to no avail, as I have no clue how to set up all that stuff as a dude who just hosts my own from-home dedicated 3 player server for my friends to play on

@HeroesandvillainsOS

This so much, I played Exile about 2 years ago and loved the crap out of the building system, after that I found iBuild as the only similar standalone basebuilding mod, that isn't tied to any huge mod already

On 09/10/2017 at 8:18 PM, Jimmakos said:

Renegades are not affected from the safe zone module and they keep spawning in, can you take a look at that @haleks.

A quick word about this issue : I didn't properly debugged this, but I reckon there is a problem with the BIS_fnc_sideIsEnemy function. The safe zone thingy relies on it, if it doesn't work for renegade units, it might be worth creating a ticket about it and inform BIS : there's been weird issues with renegades in the past.

9 minutes ago, vastiny said:

Oh that sucks that you lost it, tbh I would pay actual money for someone to release a fixed up version of iBuild that can be slapped into a mission either by script or by mod with modules to tweak settings.

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/188225-zks-lost-sp-single-player-survival-mission-with-optional-base-building/ ....includes a link to ZK's iBuild edit.

• Like 3

Thanks a lot for the new update Haleks, you absolute beastly modder you! :D

Just a quick couple of questions and a possible bug (I'm really sorry, I know the new patch is just out!)

Do the autonomous drones that fly about, the little Darters, serve a purpose beyond just flying around? For some reason I seem to remember that they 'spot' targets for the larger UGVs but I think I'm wrong there. Also, are the flying UAVs still in? I haven't seen them around much, but I haven't properly sat down and played my mission yet anyway.

It seems some AI spawned naked on my mission on Winter Napf. I had Arma 3 content set to limited if that helps any, and there was a UAZ with a couple of guys who had clothes from one of the mods on, so maybe it was just a freaky little glitch. Poor chilly guys, running around in the depths of a nuclear winter in their undies.

Also, it seems that the AI driving cars don't move after they spawn on Napf Winter. I'm guessing it's a map issue, I was just wondering if anyone else has that issue on any other custom maps?

I recall trying to get it working myself half a year ago to no avail, as I have no clue how to set up all that stuff as a dude who just hosts my own from-home dedicated 3 player server for my friends to play on

I'm not a modder either, all I know is just how to set up scripts with the help of the internet, combine them and sometimes I manage to create something cool :grinning: sometimes ideas pop into my mind and I try to achieve them (with more or less luck).

• Like 3

@UnDeaD. Yep, same here. I have a word document with a bunch of scripts that I can use, and I'll sometimes google other ways of making stuff work but other than that I'm nothing special when it comes to actually modding. Saying that, the Bohemia community has been one of the most helpful communities I've ever come across, especially this thread, and I probably would never have gotten into any scripting at all without help from the lovely people in this community.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, ContheJon said:

@UnDeaD. Yep, same here. I have a word document with a bunch of scripts that I can use, and I'll sometimes google other ways of making stuff work but other than that I'm nothing special when it comes to actually modding. Saying that, the Bohemia community has been one of the most helpful communities I've ever come across, especially this thread, and I probably would never have gotten into any scripting at all without help from the lovely people in this community.

Yeah, the community is a BIG help and I hope it stays like this for a long time! :f:

• Like 3

There is a bug where a zombie hits me around 50 health and i die?

4 hours ago, lv1234 said:

There is a bug where a zombie hits me around 50 health and i die?

Were you injured previously or ill from radiation ?

13 hours ago, UnDeaD. said:

Yeah, the community is a BIG help and I hope it stays like this for a long time! :f:

Hi.

The community has been this way since before I joined. Maybe best gaming community around.

Back on topic - TY haleks for the updates. I'm also hoping you can find a way to control ai numbers. To avoid the big groups, I've set main and secondary hostile forces to none, ai multiplier to 0.7. That way I usually get 4-7 solo renegades/friendlies going berserk in towns. Kind of gives me DayZ ja vu.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fitzee said:

To avoid the big groups, I've set main and secondary hostile forces to none, ai multiplier to 0.7. That way I usually get 4-7 solo renegades/friendlies going berserk in towns. Kind of gives me DayZ ja vu.

Thats a great idea, will have to try that out. :happy:

5 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Were you injured previously or ill from radiation ?

In the tanoa scenario, no..I don't think there are any irradiated areas in that game as far as i know

I did have around 50 health but no other injuries besides that.

I have released my first "Escape" style mission on workshop with tasks, a story and ending. I'm planning to expand upon it. I have a question though for mission makers out there. I have entered an intro title text to my mission. I did this with a font Arma allows. I would like to change the font in my intro to the Weltron Urban font. How do I get this font text into my intro? I have looked around but can't find a good answer.

Here is the mission for anyone who is interested. It's based on George A. Romero's "Day of the Dead" movie from the 80's. It starts at the end of the movie when everyone realizes they have to evacuate the underground base. The point of the mission is to fight, survive and get to a chopper to get out of there.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=863692776

• Like 7

@Vastiny  There a simple way for save crate, tent and vehicle content by using Gradpersistence.

https://github.com/gruppe-adler/grad-persistence/wiki/Usage

But you need to set up a custom loot cause all the spawned bag will be saved too.

You can use this script for loot, its really easy to use, you just need to add the ravage item classname and create different sqf for military, civilian and industrial zone.

Like this you can use custom gear and weapon mode like Niarsenal or Robert Hammer pistol pack.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25668

For base building you can use the factory from the R3F Logistic Script.

Just place few crate over the map initialized with the factory (with a 20% spawn chance).

With all this thing you got a persitent Ravage mission, with base building and custom loot....

A simple exemple here with only vanilla and ravage items :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1155815830

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12.10.2017 at 8:59 PM, vastiny said:

i am currently using edn fortification (armaholics) as my basebuilding mod, u can add any editor object as a blueprint and define materials and amount of materials used via modules (the mod provides a set of crafting materials). in my mission u can find blueprints hidden and once collected, the blueprint is added to your craftable items. u can limit the areas where crafting is possible (eg where u want a base). i even use it as a "vehicles trader". i will try to record a showcase soon and will post it.

• Like 5

hello guys!

have not played for a while, since version 1.thirtysomething i guess. I wonder if there is any Malden mission? cant find even one on Ravage wiki

thx!

Not at the moment, I'm working on one though.

Welcome back by the way!

• Like 1

Haleks my link to the mirror broke, i got some copyright thing in my email, idk what the deal is but all i did was upload your latest version to my mega

but it wont let me provide a link now, so i guess you'll have to remove the mirror listing from the first page, sorry.