Update - Ravage Utube Channel

New videos added to the following playlists:

Gameplay Previews

• Arma 3 RAVAGE Mod Survival - Part 1

• ARMA 3 Ravage Mod: Creating My Own Survival World to Play in...

• Arma 3 Ravage

Gameplay Clips

• Arma 3 - Minihattan test (Ravage mod)

• Arma 3 - Gorgona clip (Ravage mod)

• Arma 3 Ravage Malden

• Arma 3 - 2035R [Chernarus Redux.Ravage]

• Arma 3 Chernarus Redux Ravage

• {Arma 3} Santa Catalina Island, USA Infected

• ArmA 3 mods

• RUN MOTHER FU$%ER RUN! :||: Arma 3 Ravage Gameplay!

Mini Episodes

• БОЛЬШОЙ ГОРОД и ВЫЖИВШИЕ - Выживание в Arma 3 [Ravage Mod] - #3

• ВОЕННАЯ БАЗА - Выживание в Arma 3 [Ravage Mod] - #2

• ЧТО-ТО МЕЖДУ STALKER И DAYZ - Выживание в Arma 3 [Ravage Mod]

• ARMA3 SRBIJA - RAVAGE 1. EPIZODA

• ARMA3 SRBIJA - RAVAGE 2. EPIZODA

• Like 5

Hey guys, not sure if anyone else has this bug, but someone commented on my Esseker mission talking about a bug or something to do with loot searching not functioning correctly after dying. I haven't yet tested it myself however, but I was wondering if anyone else has had that issue or if it's maybe just some other kind of bug.

Hello Survivors !

I just want to put some of my suggestions if possible. I don't stop reading this topic every day ^^

I'm not a scripter only a Ravage player.

- Make the radiation area use the color filter of the Ravage mod if possible. Instead of using it for the scenario but only if the character enter a Radioactive zone area

This can maybe add some immersion into it, and activate dust or storm sand.

- Once inside the radiated area, activate the radiation on water and rain.

- Infection from Zombies. The idea is from @Lecter

- Their is an ambiant vehicule, is it possible to have also some boats controlled by AI like for vehicules ?

- Add if possible @haleks in the first topic page those lines for new players and others like me :) :

''this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true]; // this is for an arms trader

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_gear_s", true]; // this is for a gear trader

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]; // this is for a supplies trader''

Also other code ini that I don't find but i've read on this topic a while ago.

- Barricade system. I know this has been talked in the topic. But i find it cool to add it here too :).

Thank you

• Like 2

I do like the ambient boats, dust and sand storms ideas quite a lot. Having dust storms would make for some nice, threatening weather as dust gets kicked up and visibility beyond a few dozen meters gets tricky to see through clearly.

Hi guys,

Here's the changelog for v0146, TBR sometime this week :

Tweaked :
Looting with HoldAction is now a bit faster.
Spawned zeds have a small chance to become dormant instead of loitering.
Tweaked zed damage output.
Moved AI spawn process to unscheduled environment.
Minor optimization to the breathfog script.
Edited clutter cfg for Altis, Stratis and Malden.

Fixed :
The Loot Search feature would stop working after respawn.
HoldActions now work in 3rd person view.
Fixed an issue with zed spawns on dead players.
Breathfog was visible on hidden units.
Fixed an issue with spawned empty vehicles.

New :
Support for all gazmasks from the w40k mod.

• Like 13

Renegades are not affected from the safe zone module and they keep spawning in, can you take a look at that @haleks.

Would be cool if AI would use not only gun mounted vehicles, but any vehicle that spawns by the vehicle spawner module.

(AI taking or stealing cars that are intact or have low damage would be much cooler :P)

Random loot in spawned vehicles would be a good addition, too.

Also what seems to be a necessity in this mod is melee weapons (IMO).

Just some ideas...

Edit: And forgot to say that I appreciate your hard work on the mod, and can't wait for the next update! :f:

Edited by UnDeaD.
Forgot to say the most important thing... :)

7 hours ago, MisterOth said:

- Make the radiation area use the color filter of the Ravage mod if possible. Instead of using it for the scenario but only if the character enter a Radioactive zone area

This can maybe add some immersion into it, and activate dust or storm sand.

It's a cool idea. ^^    I've had success fading in a ppeffect upon entering an area (without breaking immersion) the problem comes when leaving the area, fading out a ppeffect is  much more difficult to achieve and something I've not found a solution for....yet. 

What I do for Ravage radiation zones is to add a trigger over the rad zones and add a few setFog parameters, creates a nice little effect when entering and leaving a zone...

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

It's a cool idea. ^^    I've had success fading in a ppeffect upon entering an area (without breaking immersion) the problem comes when leaving the area, fading out a ppeffect is  much more difficult to achieve and something I've not found a solution for....yet. 

What I do for Ravage radiation zones is to add a trigger over the rad zones and add a few setFog parameters, creates a nice little effect when entering and leaving a zone...

I like it a lot.

I wish you good luck finding someting cool :)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Love it! could you kindly share the addAction content for the rigger Zone?=) 

And for a brief moment, there was peace on these Ravaged lands.....

3fB0NbL.jpg

Survivors, Bandits, Renegades and Zeds came together to wish Ravage a happy 2nd birthday.   :drinking2:

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh boy, that's 2 years already? I'm ready for a third!

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, Vandeanson said:

Love it! could you kindly share the addAction content for the rigger Zone?=) 

Spoiler

KR0NQu1.jpg

Place this trigger over a Ravage radiation zone module, making sure they are both the same size.   :rthumb:

• Like 3

Thanks Evil Organ! That fog script looks lovely in a rad zone, like a dirty haze in the air or something. I've got a bunch of radiation modules placed across some cities on Al Rayak, and having that haze over them would make it feel really claustrophobic. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

And for a brief moment, there was peace on these Ravaged lands.....

3fB0NbL.jpg

Survivors, Bandits, Renegades and Zeds came together to wish Ravage a happy 2nd birthday.   :drinking2:

Do you mind if I ask that in which mod are those uniforms? They look cool!

It's a mix of mods supported by Ravage : IFA3, Frith's ruin, CUP units and Warfare Thai.

• Like 3

Thanks, I knew that it's a combination, guess I have to download them :P

On 10/10/2017 at 2:22 PM, Evil Organ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

KR0NQu1.jpg

Place this trigger over a Ravage radiation zone module, making sure they are both the same size.   :rthumb:

The one thing that bothers me about the fog trigger that overlays a radiation zone, was the continued presence of ambient life (especially the birds).

This fog trigger deactivates ambient life upon entering and reactivates ambient life when leaving a radiation zone.

Spoiler

aA799aN.jpg

...I think it gives a rad zone an extra sense of desolation.     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10.10.2017 at 3:22 PM, Evil Organ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

KR0NQu1.jpg

cheers, works like a charm:) using it with jshocks contamination zone modules;)

Edited by Vandeanson
uh i like the second part as well, gratefully noted and applied into the mission!

Hi guys!

Another year in the world of Ravage, another update!

Here's the changelog for this release :

Tweaked :
Looting with HoldAction is now a bit faster.
Spawned zeds have a small chance to become dormant instead of loitering.
Tweaked zed damage output.
Moved AI spawn process to scheduled environment.
Minor optimization to the breathfog script.
Edited clutter cfg for Altis, Stratis and Malden.
Tweaked RHS loot lists.
Increased nutrition value for raw meats.
Eating raw meat doesn't heal anymore.

Fixed :
The Loot Search feature would stop working after respawn.
HoldActions now work in 3rd person view.
Fixed an issue with zed spawns on dead players.
Breathfog was visible on hidden units.
Fixed an issue with spawned empty vehicles.
Wounded zombies were sometimes unable to move.

New :
Support for all gazmasks from the w40k mod.

Download link :

drive_logo.png

Mostly fixes and tweaks; the mod should be pretty much bug-free for now - that should leave me some time to concentrate on other projects and additions for Ravage.

Have fun everyone, and thank you all for your feedback, suggestions, support and contributions, or simply playing the mod!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Thanks for the update Haleks.

I had taken a small break,now back in the swing,playing Ravage again,its looking and running great.

Is it possible to reduce or set a limit of how many BLU/OP for and GUER units can spawn within a group?

Im meeting alot of large groups lately,and getting my ass handed to me lol 

Not sure if Arma's precision settings are even working as im also being one shot by AI who feel like they did with accuracy when the game first released.

Hello @redarmy

Do you play on another map than Altis ?

For me if I play on Altis, I get often 4 people in a group. But if I set it to Malden for example I will be facing often 6 to 8 people in one group.

Also for the AI. Try using Vcom Ai, it is good. Or ASR AI mod. You can try and see what suit you.

Just now, MisterOth said:

Hello @redarmy

Do you play on another map than Altis ?

For me if I play on Altis, I get often 4 people in a group. But if I set it to Malden for example I will be facing often 6 to 8 people in one group.

Also for the AI. Try using Vcom Ai, it is good. Or ASR AI mod. You can try and see what suit you.

yes man,custom map.... actualy this custom map has no configured locations so i need to use game logics to "create" locations for groups to spawn.It works but isnt perfect as with the lowest setting for amounts of groups,i can still see up to three groups of one faction spawning withing 300 meters of  each other...then adding to this when groups spawn with 7-10 units,things get pretty hard,

as far as Vcom and ASR,they are great iv used them in the past but trying to keep AI intelligence mod free

• Like 1

@redarmy

I actually noticed this using triggers to spawn bandit camps on a mission I've been working on. I was typically getting 6 to 8 in a bandit spawn. I really thought it was something to do with the substantial amount of scripts and configs I am working with. I couldn't find a way to get a lower number so I created two new spawn groups. One group just being a two man sentry, and one group being a 4 man squad.