As I'm having issues that others mentioned with the "search" action from any source of loot disappearing after a player respawns, Is there anyone that can recommend some sort of revive script in which the player can never actually die unless he bleeds out, and only goes unconcious instead?

I think a revive script like this would circumvent the whole bug, by making sure you actually can't die, unless noone is there to revive you in which case, tough luck

Edit: just read Halek's comment about a hotfix for it, nevermind all this unless the hotfix will take alot of time to push out ;P

Edit 2: This seems to fit the bill, for anyone else who wants to circumvent the loot searching bug after respawning (before a hotfix exists)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24088

I remember this used to be broken and old, but was last updated earlier this year so it should work great

• Like 1

Also about the HoldAction system, for me it only work in first person and not in third person...

Others have this issue too ?

5 hours ago, FireWalker said:

Just thinking that Ravage was posted like 2 1/2  years ago, and it hardly ever slips off the first page of released mods on the forums.

Awesome.

In a few days, Ravage will also celebrate 2 years since it's first official public release!

Gunter summed things up pretty well, I'm pretty certain everyone who enjoys Ravage will appreciate the dedication haleks has shown to his mod since first inception.  It's a juggernaut. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MisterOth said:

Also about the HoldAction system, for me it only work in first person and not in third person...

Others have this issue too ?

I had the same issue and the problem is that the script measures distance from the camera, so when you are in first person your camera is "in your head" so it measures distance from it, but in third person the camera is 2-3 meters behind the character and that is probably too far away.

• Like 1

Already fixed for the next update. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is there any way to pre-place traders with the editor or are we limited to editing the random spawn chance for them?

I have been working hard to dust off and polish my third mission ever and first mission for RAVAGE - go get it!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, vastiny said:

Is there any way to pre-place traders with the editor or are we limited to editing the random spawn chance for them?

1. Place down the Ravage AI module.

2. Place down a unit. (preferably a blufor or civilian)

3. Add this code to the init of unit...

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true];  // this is for an arms trader
this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_gear_s", true];  // this is for a gear trader
this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true];  // this is for a supplies trader

If you want the trader to remain static, uncheck Enable Simulation. (found in the unit's Objects: Special States)

Edit...Oops, just noticed Fire's post which links a solution. :razz:

• Like 3

Thanks Evil Organ! I hope you don't mind if I add on to that bit about traders.

If you want your traders to look alive but not move from their position, go into animations and select one of the Stand U options. Also, go into waypoints, find the "Hold" waypoint, place it over the unit and select the "forced hold fire" and "careless" options in the two drop-down boxes above unit movement speed. This will stop them from reacting to any enemies or battles.

• Like 2

Hello, its been a while. DL links look like broken.

Actually it looks like there is some sort of download limit with oneDrive. :/

Working on a solution right now.

• Like 1

@haleks

What is the new update going to consist of, I wonder?

More than just bugfixes hopefully :)

3 hours ago, haleks said:

Actually it looks like there is some sort of download limit with oneDrive. :/

Working on a solution right now.

Happy to provide a temporary mirror if required. ^^

• Thanks 1

Thanks mate, that would be helpfull until I release the new update!

And here comes the second mission that has received an update:

• Like 2

Is there anyway to disable zombies spawning on dead ai/players. It just seems a bit much, at least to me, that once an ai dies, 1000 zombies spawn over his dead body out of thin air.

Hello all again, it's been quite a while since I played Ravage and to be honest I missed it, A LOT! It's nice to see that updates are coming out and that the mod is very much alive - thanks @Haleks 
I tried one similar zombie mod called DayZero SP 

although it is rather bugged, (saving game, hunger, thirst, item use on double click...), but one thing was rather interesting, and I think it could make Ravage even better if it could be incorporated - Infection from zombies.
Ravage is good as it is true, however radiation can be very unforgiving without Anti-Rad pills and/or Geiger. My suggestion is, if Haleks could introduce infection from zombies (system like in this mod I mentioned) but reduce radiation areas a bit, leaving military installations/airfield where normally best loot is found irradiated. Im not sure if side-missions (like in Epoch or Exile) could be introduced, but they surely would make Ravage kinda more dynamic and more action-packed with some goals attached to it. Maybe introduce helicopter crashes or helicopter support drops? It would be nice to have those. And one more thing that I think would be awesome addition to Ravage is ACE medical system, that is IF it can be incorporated of course. Anyhow, those are just a few ideas, I'm not sure whether or not they can be introduced by Haleks, but if they can be added it would make this already great mod even better IMHO. 
Cheers.

Thanks for the continued work on Ravage,Haleks...

Looking forward to the next update.