@haleks

Ok. Thats exactly why I wanted to check with you first. I have a contigency plan, so progress will continue. Its all still on paper though.

Thanks,

Fire

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, haleks said:

Short answer : all items used by ravage are randomly picked from pre-defined arrays depending on module setttings.

So by default, all traders in the tanoa demo (shops and roaming) should have items they sell re-randomized let's say each day or something like that?

From what i know, i only changed stuff in the equipment pool to get more items and increased trader presence to my own likings and those shouldn't effect those arrays right? 

• Like 1

Also can we request some stuff for the new update 145?

If we can, then i have some suggestions

-For the ravage tanoa shop, make guards have invisible health or make them indestructible (not sure if this can be done in the settings)

-Make the weapons dealer and survivors in the tanoa shop stand still and not run around..I keep seeing them run around everytime i approach them

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

So by default, all traders in the tanoa demo (shops and roaming) should have items they sell re-randomized let's say each day or something like that?

From what i know, i only changed stuff in the equipment pool to get more items and increased trader presence to my own likings and those shouldn't effect those arrays right? 

Hi,

new RHS update is out, Haleks will you add new equipement like one-round shotgun, sa58, scorpion, SBR Mosin (with sound supressor)!!!?

• Like 1

Good suggestion about the guards in the demo mission - I'll tweak that (having them dying kinda breaks the idea of a safe trading heaven).

@Hans(z) : working on it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, haleks said:

Good suggestion about the guards in the demo mission - I'll tweak that (having them dying kinda breaks the idea of a safe trading heaven).

@Hans(z) : working on it.

and for the weapon trader in the shop, i don't think he needs much tweaking..He runs around for a bit and then goes to the corner by the two crates in the shop and stands there for a while..Then he runs around for a bit and then goes to that corner again..

Oh well, as long as we can still buy stuff from him and is not randomly running out into the wasteland, he shouldn't need any tweaking 

• Like 1

That new RHS update came out at the same time my internet's going slow with the windy weather, and at a time when I wanted to try out my Esseker mission :(

I can't wait for the new update Haleks! Being able to sleep in any bed will alleviate the issue of having to wait through the night, although I rarely had that as an issue since I usually found a bedroll.

I've also been thinking of making a mission based around the machines being a threat more than the zombies are. Kind of like a Terminator Salvation sort of scenario with bandits, an allied resistance and a few sprinting undead.

• Like 1

Damn, all those updates keep on taking turns so that every time I want to release a mission, one of the "BIG" addons used in it has an update! :sigh: 

In fact I got several RAVAGE missions at once in the working; but once this new RAVAGE version is out, I'll celebrate that by releasing them all!  I can ofc always keep on improving the missions, but every now and then I should share my ever-evolving incremental versions instead of just building and testing and building and testing all alone...:hehe:

• Like 6

Yeah, I do the same thing Tourist! Had a massive Mad Max inspired Takistan mission where I had essentially added a whole new area in the north and east, then...

...CUP updated, and all of the buildings I had placed were rendered invalid. But oh well, it was a learning experience!

Same here with my vision of Man Against Machine/Terminator; the IAA (Intelligent Autonomous Army) units from SWS I wanted to use as backbone of the Machine Army kept on updating, and everytime just when I had finished them put into an ALiVE ORBAT faction!  But then again, with a man-portable minigun and the Crysis suit released, I have to re-build the Terminators Faction anyway. 

I gave a Virtual AI unit the Crysis Suit AND the heavy OPTRE bodyarmour and "Stomp!, Stomp! 'Resistance is futile/Hasta la Vista, Baby!'"  This unit was totally impervious to 5.56 NATO rounds, and needed 7-10 rounds of 7.62 NATO in the head to go down - THAT's one mean motherfucker to take on! And that was before I actually gave him the explosive ammo for the minigun...:soldier:

• Like 6

Could probably find this on the wiki, but I'm feelin' lazy:  In the rvg settings module, does the time acceleration have to be a whole number, or can it be set to decimal?  (0.5)

@FireWalker From my testing, and I'm not 100% sure, but decimals do seem to work with time acceleration, and also work when I do the same with hunger and thirst.

• Like 2

@haleks

Okay, never mind

after waiting for a while, the weapons trader in the shop now randomly runs around and stands outside of the shop with the guards with the machine guns. It'd be nice for him to stand still in his shop

And another thing i found out was, the items that the traders sell in the shop ONLY re-randomize when you restart the scenario...If you wait a day or re-load your save, the items they sell are still the same. It'd be nice to have the items re-randomize when you wait a day :)

Another recommendation i would have for this mission is for the survivors at the shop not to run around but sit and chill at the shop. 

Has anyone noticed any conflicts with KSS (Kurt's Survival System) while using Ravage?

Edited by Kaiser Lothar
Spelling.

Woohoo, new mission! It's the Esseker one I was working on. Not nearly as many notes or storylines as what was in Sahrani or Altis, but I wanted to share anyway, and it does reveal a bit more about the Chimera Corporation if anyone has read the previous notes in my other missions.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1155398137

If any of you guys see an issue when starting the mission or in-game, or that I've left out a mod somewhere, please let me know here or on Steam and I'll sort it out as fast as I can!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Kaiser Lothar said:

Has anyone noticed any conflicts with KSS (Kurt's Survival System) while using Ravage?

Ive never heard of that Mod, is there a thread on these forums?

• Like 2

This awesom survival gameplay, i love it, and love the games DayZ and S.T.A.L.K.E.R series, and now this Mod :D
The search for supplies is very addictive) Went i many time enter the game for a few hours and forgot to save) I had to start over again, not once, but I never got bored ^^
But most of all I like the mechanics of car repair and the search for spare parts) I myself set myself the goal in the game to collect as much as possible machines from mods that support this mod :)
I wanted to ask. I really like the mod: Mad ArmA - Mad Max Inspired mod  ( https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=815962700 ) especially the cool post apocalyptic car "Interceptor V8" from my favorite film =D
Please!!!
Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!!! Could You add support "Mad Max Inspired mod" mod for "Ravage", so that it can be repaired and refueled cars too?) :smile_o:
And mabe add autosave after sleep? For example, for those who do not like to use simple save and try to survive hope and rely only on autosave, for hardcore ;)
Thank you for reading this, and thank You Very Much for this Amazing mod :thumb:

P/S Forgive me for my bad English, this is not my native language, I'm bad know Eanglish(

• Like 7

Hi @EvJoAL, and thanks for the kind words!

The Mad Max mod does have cool content, but its vehicles also have a very specific look, wich might not suit most missions - that's why they're not supported by Ravage at the moment.

However, if you are familiar with the Eden editor and the Ravage modules, I can provide a small scripted solution for this - all I need is the classnames of them cars. ;)

Good suggestion about the auto-save feature when sleeping, I'll consider adding that for the update.

• Like 5

Just now, haleks said:

The Mad Max mod does have cool content, but its vehicles also have a very specific look, wich might not suit most missions - that's why they're not supported by Ravage at the moment.

However, if you are familiar with the Eden editor and the Ravage modules, I can provide a small scripted solution for this - all I need is the classnames of them cars. ;)

Thanks for the answer)
Unfortunately, I do not understand the editors and how to work in them, but I think i should try to establish and postmate, mabe I try can understend somthing)
I think on the weekend I will try to find and install an editor and try to overlook the archives and read what's there)
Thank you again for this mod, I wish you success ^^

• Like 2

Hey, I just wanted to say that this mod is one of my favorites on arma and I have spent atleast 150 hours on it. I was curious to know if you were planning on adding the star wars opposition mod content to the loot module. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Ive never heard of that Mod, is there a thread on these forums?

I'm not sure, but I do have an armaholic link, and a steam workshop link, both included just here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32117

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=828121231

I was just wondering if others, by chance, encountered any issues in using this while also using ravage, as it has its own hunger and thirst system.

• Like 1

Okay, so I'm working on another mission now. This takes place in the Clafghan map. Zombies are runners and bolters, but there aren't many of them, and the only hostile faction are the Opfor Autonomous machines, the little story I made up being some company that manufacture robots had them go berserk and start killing people and building other bots. The US Army have been deployed and essentially there's a stalemate since they can't find where the robots are coming from, but have more than enough weapons to keep them from leaving the area.

I might fiddle with a few things here and there, maybe up the zombie numbers a little bit. There's also Blufor raiders who are the local Resistance against the machines, and then obviously the renegades who just wander around and get blown up by everyone else.

I think the main issue is going to be balancing hunger and thirst as well as vehicles with the massive map size, and trying to keep it from being too boring. Plus I might work on a few scavenger hunt type 'missions' that you get from notes or something, idk.

• Like 3

Sounds great, ContheJon! 

I also strive to tell some sort of a story within my RAVAGE missions while using RAVAGE's Sandbox mechamics as background.  The good thing is, the more of these missions are available, the more "flavours" the player base can check out to find what suits their needs best.  Maybe I can learn a lot from your technical solutions for the storytelling; ATTOW I just use Briefing entries that get updated if you pick up objects in certain locations (intel files) and I also have built some tasks with the BIS task system into my missions.  Sorry if I overlooked it, but do you have updated some of your older missions that are still available for download? The ones taking place before the one you've posted yesterday?  Would like to play it all in "chronological order", but I'd like to know if they are still fully functional.  I know that e.g. due to lack of updates for the map my own missions need some patience in MP cuz of  "crash to lobby" once or twice before loading succeeds on custom maps like Esseker. 

• Like 2

Thanks Tourist! I'll revisit the Altis Mission sometime, that should be easy to fix with any luck. Sahrani was a massive mission, but assuming I'm able to reinstall the mods for it, I might be able to get it back up to date. I do know that the Sahrani mission had some mods that updated whilst I was making it, rendering the mission un-editable, so you might need to download the dependencies using PlayWithSix since you can select earlier versions with that that worked.

I still have yet to make tasks in any of my missions. It's more just a note hunt sort of thing for now since I know how to do that. In Sahrani and Altis I always left clues or directions to the next note in the story, and with the storyline in Esseker I did the same, but that's not nearly as long as any of the others from my other missions.

• Like 2