I deeply apologize, I did not intend to be rude, I understand that this was indeed made by an unpaid modder on his free time. As I said before, I am amazed by how well done this is, and I want to give feedback, even if sometimes it doesn't seem so. I had no idea that Esseker wasn't updated for an entire year (thanks for that, Haleks!), so I thought that this was the mod's fault, but fortunately it isn't.

• Like 7

@FireWalker Could be rads, although I have rad zones, water and rain disabled, so I'm not really sure. Either way, I've upped the vital item count hopefully that should sort that issue out a bit!

As for Esseker, the mission I'm working on takes place in it and it seems to work pretty well for me. The only errors I've experienced have been loot spawning errors from time to time. AI are popping up all over the place where they should be and fighting, as are zombies and wrecks.

• Like 1

@ContheJon

I think a couple posts back, Haleks was saying he had a small error with the health system, so maybe thats the culprit?

Fire

• Like 1

@FireWalker Hmm, maybe! I'm not really sure but I guess it's possible. It's interesting to note that it never went below 5 health too, I guess that's where it's capped at?

Gents, i am using this great mod together with the Zombies & Demons mod. This mod adds Anti Virus Pills and Anti Virus Injectors to the game that are consumable via double left clicking it. (To cure the Z&D infection feature that can be toggled via module). Unfortunately this seems to be interfeering with Ravage, where we use/consume items, via double left click as well. The result is, that if both mods are running, items from both mods (or atleast the Z&D items) can no longer be used/consumed. Can anyone think of a way to fix or avoid this issue? The idea of having to scavenge for pills in order to stay alive is too tempting to just not use the feature;) rgs

Problem is : both mods most likely use the same eventhandler on the same ctrl displays.

I could patch mine if I had the pills classname as well as the name of the function (or path of the script) that is used when consuming said pills.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Ravage 2018.

I'm so excited, could you please post necessary mods for this mission.

THX

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images as per forum rules.

On 9/27/2017 at 3:12 PM, haleks said:

Problem is : both mods most likely use the same eventhandler on the same ctrl displays.

I could patch mine if I had the pills classname as well as the name of the function (or path of the script) that is used when consuming said pills.

thank you! i am trying to get both (class names are not a problem, but checking rgarding fnc) and will revert asap. rgs

I assume this is the function (incl class names:"RyanZombiesAntiVirusTemporary_Item", "RyanZombiesAntiVirusCure_Item" ):

RZ_fnc_inventory_DblClick = 
    {
        // Unscheduled environment, executed by LBDblClick eventhandler

_idc = ctrlIDC (_this select 0);

_selectedIndex = _this select 1;
        _itemName = lbText [_idc, _selectedIndex];

switch (_itemName) do 
        {
            case "Antivirus Injector": 
            {

playsound3d ["ryanzombies\sounds\antivirus_inject.ogg", player]; 
                player spawn 
                {
                    player removeItem "RyanZombiesAntiVirusCure_Item";
                    sleep 0.75; 
                    player setVariable ["ryanzombiesinfected",0,true];
                };
            };    
            case "Antivirus Pills": 
            {
                playsound3d ["ryanzombies\sounds\antivirus_pills.ogg", player];
                player spawn
                {
                    player removeItem "RyanZombiesAntiVirusTemporary_Item";
                    sleep 0.75;
                    waituntil {!(player getvariable ["ryanzombiesimmunity",false])};
                    player setVariable ["ryanzombiesimmunity",true,true];
                    sleep ryanzombiesantivirusduration;
                    player setVariable ["ryanzombiesimmunity",false,true];
                };

};
        };    

false

};    

I hope this is what you asked for;) rgs

Edited by Vandeanson
found the fnc and classnames
  • Like 1

Been playing around in Ravage for quite a while now. I noticed how difficult it is to tell if AI is friendly or not, just because there's no other way to do it except running in front of them and hoping them not to say "2, target that rifleman, front." Would be great to see some sort of a system to replace communication with mics, the way you would do it if they were players. Maybe a keybind that would work as a "Hey man, I'm friendly" in a certain radius around the player (the radius could be adjustable in a module), which would affect AI. Would be even better, if some AI still remained hostile, and some - switched to neutral on pressing the keybind. That's a little idea I somehow brought up. You guys think it's good/should be added?

• Like 3

You can usually tell by looking at your map if you have one, if you hover your mouse cursor over the unit character that you are looking at that shows on the map it will say what it is.

I like the idea about letting the AI know what side your on, however if they are enemy such as raiders, or opfor they will more then likely shoot at you right away,

although i've run into a group of bandits without guns before, and maybe you could have a turn coat option where you become friendly to them.

• Like 2

so does ravage support NIARSENAL i know at one point it did with the AK pack but will it ever support them.

• Like 1

@haleks

Is there a way that I can call your fnc to remove the man made lighting from Ravage?

I'm brainstorming on a mission where the mission begins when there is still normal civilization, so I would want to have all the lights on to start. Then call the fnc to remove lights at a later time via script.  I'm thinking the lights might stay out by the second night, or maybe begin shutting off during the second night. (if I could call it in stages, airports, hospitals, military, and science would be last)

Let me know what your thoughts are on this. I haven't looked through your files for it myself, thought you might have a quick answer.

(I've had good luck testing, and admittedly a little bit of fun using bangabob's COS script and watching hordes of infected come out and attack civilians in the street.  I'm going to hell. :)

Thanks,

Fire

• Like 6

On 29/09/2017 at 4:16 PM, FireWalker said:

@haleks

Is there a way that I can call your fnc to remove the man made lighting from Ravage?

Sadly there is no such function. Currently it's all config replacements, meaning you can't really light those street lamps back on.

At one time I added a module for this purpose : it was designed to disable any lights, and/or damage buildings in a defined area, allowing mission makers to transform any portion of any terrain on the fly and give it a post-apo vibe. But I found out that the sheer number of objects affected by the module was enough to cause systematic crashes in SP (probably in MP too) when saving, so that was a no-go. I'm guessing this is exactly why the new module BIS introduced with the LOW DLC doesn't have an area setting.

I might investigate more on that in the future, but until then I'd say the best solution is to create your own lights on the fly whenever there are suitable street lamps nearby. That's a heavy/annoying scripted solution, but the only one I can imagine at the moment. :/

Another one I'm considering : adding "intact" models for all lamps/buildings in Eden, to make things easier for mission makers, but that will take time.

• Like 2

@haleks

For your redux chernarus mission, is there any way to increase the amount of bandit groups that spawn? And to increase the amount of bandits in that group?

just for a little challenge :)

Also for the roaming traderes and the trading shops in your ravage tanoa, are the items they sell predefined or randomized?

1 hour ago, lv1234 said:

@haleks

For your redux chernarus mission, is there any way to increase the amount of bandit groups that spawn? And to increase the amount of bandits in that group?

just for a little challenge :)

Also for the roaming traderes and the trading shops in your ravage tanoa, are the items they sell predefined or randomized?

You can unpack the mission file (with PBO manager for instance) into "yourDocuments/arma3/missions". After that you can open the mission with the 3d editor and change the module settings.

Regarding the next update, here's an updated changelog :

Tweaked :
The Loot Search feature now uses the HoldAction system.
The Sleep action now uses the HoldAction system.
Vehicles spawned by Ravage will use dynamic simulation if available.
Gulo_zomboy addon is no longer supported.
Edited Clutter configs for Altis, Stratis and Malden.
Edited Clutter configs for Tanoa.
Removed the "28 years later" scenario (will be released separately).
The Tanoa Demo mission now uses dynamic simulation.
The Altis Demo mission now uses dynamic simulation.
Tweaked fog forecast on the Tanoa Demo mission.
Tweaked module settings on the Tanoa Demo mission.
Tweaked module settings on the Altis Demo mission.

Fixed :
Fixed terrain gradient check when spawning units.
Fixed vehicles spawning mid-air, causing some of them to explode when falling.
Fixed gearpool module failling to exclude vanilla weapons.
Health value calculation.
Syndikat guards were missing patrol waypoints on the Tanoa Demo mission.

New :
[single player] It is now possible to sleep in any bed.
Added a new soundtrack from the Laws of War DLC.
Added Silent variants of the Darter UAV.

The "little surprise" I was talking about earlier will be delayed; I am focussing on getting the new clutter configs right for Altis, Stratis and Malden. The primary goal is to fix the "pop-in" issue that is plaguing pretty much all terrains (with the exception of snowy or Apex-based maps). I'm getting good results so far, although those changes might have a slight impact on performances. It is also a good occasion to tweak the vegetation distribution and achieve a more "post-apo" atmosphere on all these maps. ;)

Stay tuned, the update is coming soon!

• Like 10

@lv1234.....increasing the "Population Factor" in the Ambient AI module will spawn more bandit groups. Doing this will also increase the chance for same faction bandit groups to merge and create a larger group.

edit.....ninja'd by da Master. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, haleks said:

You can unpack the mission file (with PBO manager for instance) into "yourDocuments/arma3/missions". After that you can open the mission with the 3d editor and change the module settings.

Regarding the next update, here's an updated changelog :

The "little surprise" I was talking about earlier will be delayed; I am focussing on getting the new clutter configs right for Altis, Stratis and Malden. The primary goal is to fix the "pop-in" issue that is plaguing pretty much all terrains (with the exception of snowy or Apex-based maps). I'm getting good results so far, although those changes might have a slight impact on performances. It is also a good occasion to tweak the vegetation distribution and achieve a more "post-apo" atmosphere on all these maps. ;)

Stay tuned, the update is coming soon!

7 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

@lv1234.....increasing the "Population Factor" in the Ambient AI module will spawn more bandit groups. Doing this will also increase the chance for same faction bandit groups to merge and create a larger group.

edit.....ninja'd by da Master. 

TY

But anything about my question about the traders in tanoa?

Short answer : all items used by ravage are randomly picked from pre-defined arrays depending on module setttings.

• Like 2