@Evil Organ I wrote that, because today i played a bit and i was unable to sneak into a village/town without being spotted by zombies ( in the mission i start off with completely nothing, just with random clothing ) and climbing on top of houses isn't always the best idea ( i'm usually getting killed by bandits because of that ). I can run up to them from behind without being detected, but they are able to spot me while facing me from like 50+ meters, while lying in the grass and not moving. And playing like that is pain in the ass.

I know this mod is not completed yet, i know that only Haleks works on it ( and some of you help him ), but i'm just trying to point at things that are buggy, and help in making this mod better ( like everybody else ) and i think it's better to point at bugs and stuff that are not how they suppose to be, than to leave the creator/developer to find them by himself.

13 hours ago, haleks said:

Time of day (sun exposure) probably has too much of an influence right now, in both negative and positive ways : it can be quite easy to avoid zombies in the dark, whereas they might have uber spotting abilities at midday.

@haleks Yes, that might be it. And it's a bit annoying ( for me ). The night time behaviour BTW is just perfect, i can sneak up to the zombies, even if they are facing me, and that is just simply awesome. ( Of course they spot me if i'm really close ). Last time i played on Tanoa, i was watching the zombies roaming in Georgetown, and i was thinking: "Damn, that's badass!". The only problem i had was at daytime.

Making it configurable would be the best option, so everyone could set it up as they want. ( I know it's not 5 minutes to make it and i'm not telling that you should start working on it right now )

There are some other bugs that i found:

- when i'm in a vehicle its like i'm completely invisible for the zombies ( at daytime they spot me 1 out of 3 times, at night im completely invisible in a vehicle, even if the engine is running )

- zombies still not attacking vehicles ( doesn't really matter, it's still scary if they surround your vehicle :D ), but sometimes they just run/walk up to the car, watch it for a couple of seconds and then walk away

- even if zombies somehow manage to attack your car, they are not damaging the car but the player ( once i parked on a zombie that was not dead, he started to hit me )

- zombies hardly spot bandits/raiders, even if they are shooting them from 100 meters or less ( noticed that yesterday )

Little additions that could be added later:

- zombie behaviour could be changed, so zombies would run up to any vehicle that has a running engine ( every zombie that is close to the vehicle, 30-40 meters max )

- zombies should be more aware to gunshots, so they would also walk towards those which were shot further away ( 200meters for example), because they are just hearing gunshots less than 100 meters if i'm right.

@haleks

Are you using sunOrMoon for the zombie spot distances?

Looks like its been changed on dev branch.

• Like 2

Have any of you guys played Desolation Redux? The reason I ask is because the crafting system is pretty neat. 20+ whacks to a tree with an axe, for example, turns the tree into a pile of lumber that you can pick up and build shelters and workshops with, etc. The inventory has been converted into a notebook that tells you the amount of X you need to craft Y, etc. The system is really quite impressive and when I tried it I did immediately think to myself it would be cool if Ravage had something like this in place.

Anyway, not trying to compare or talk about other mods. I'm more or less just putting this out there in the event anyone wanted to see an example of this for possible ideas to implement in the future. Or hell, maybe open source Breaking Point has something similar which could be used directly. Not sure because I never played that one myself.

• Like 3

Hi guys.

Anybody know how to spawn renegade camps?

I noticed a "rvg_fnc_spawnBanditCamp" script is called with a trigger for the survivor camps on the Altis demo and was wondering if there was anything similar for renegades? If not, is there any possibility of copying the script and altering it to spawn renegades or any other faction? Maybe having a module for this allowing mod/scenario makers to put down friendly/enemy camps in various places on a map.

@Hudson's Skull : There can be no such thing as a renegade camp, since renegades have a negative rating, they would kill each others.

It sure would be usefull to have a custom way to spawn groups in Ravage - but I need to work on a proper script first. The way bandits are spawned and behave currently is fine to simulate nomads killing and pillaging on their merry way. But camps need more than that to be convincing; one day maybe, we'll have a new module or a gamelogic for that. No ETA though. ^^'

@FireWalker : Not using sunOrMoon right now, I'm happy with an oooold function CarlGustaffa wrote some time ago to calculate the sun angle in Arma2. ;)

• Like 5

Hey just asking that does anyone know how to allow sleeping in mp? It would be useful if you are just playing co-op against AI

quick question? is there so way to make ai you place down traders? I thought I saw it somewhere before?

yes it is! this is copy/paste from script I use:

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]; // general supplies like food & water, medicine, chems, tents

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_gear_s", true]; // vests, binocs, uniforms

this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true]; // weapons & ammo

Just add one of them to the init of the unit. Also when using 3den enchanced, you can disable the movement of AI and then you have static trader!

• Like 3

@haleks loving this mod ..... currently got it running on a server cant wait to see if base building is added in a future update  .... 

would it be possible to change the loot boxes from random sacks, piles of bags and plastic boxes just to the plastic boxes ?  

keep up to good work 

3 hours ago, -DL- Shane-uk said:

would it be possible to change the loot boxes from random sacks, piles of bags and plastic boxes just to the plastic boxes ?  

That would require an edit of the loot_init.sqf......If you know the classname for the plastic boxes, look for them in the containerList, you could then just delete the other classnames, leaving the plastic boxes classnames.......should work.

Of course, always observing the first few lines of the script....

Created exclusively for Ravage Mod.
	Please request permission to use/alter/distribute from Haleks at BIS forums.

3 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

That would require an edit of the loot_init.sqf......If you know the classname for the plastic boxes, look for them in the containerList, you could then just delete the other classnames, leaving the plastic boxes classnames.......should work.

Of course, always observing the first few lines of the script....

Created exclusively for Ravage Mod.
	Please request permission to use/alter/distribute from Haleks at BIS forums.

but also in editing this file it would then create a mismatch for anyone joining the server unless they had the same copy as the server  ..... 

• Like 1

Yes, i think that would be the case.....sorry, my reply was assuming this was a request for private SP.

But of course if all connected players are running the same loot_init script, then it should work okay. 

Would it be possible for mission makers to add classes directly to equipment lists through the equipment module? Into like apparel and weapons/ammo categories subdivided in to military and civilian grade lists? Being able to like determine how common or how rare something is on a 1-10 or like 1-100 scale would be nice too. Not sure how your system works or how well any of it would mesh though. Would be real nice for opening up compatibility and allowing greater user control and all that.

I think haleks has mentioned he would like to add those kind of abilities in the future.

• Like 2

How do we trade with traders in this game? Or is it not fully implemented?

28 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

How do we trade with traders in this game? Or is it not fully implemented?

Here's an old video showing basic interaction.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Here's an old video showing basic interaction.....

How about shops? I heard that he implemented a new shop in the update

1 hour ago, lv1234 said:

How about shops? I heard that he implemented a new shop in the update

The "shops" is referring to the kind of merchandice a trader will sell. So the latest version of Ravage added a "gear" trader to the the existing "arms" and "supplies" traders. :icon_biggrin:  

I heard that you can throw certain items to draw away zombies, what would those be? so far I threw a flare,smoke nade, and chemlight but the zombies still come towards me and not those items?

On 8/31/2017 at 9:04 AM, Evil Organ said:

The "shops" is referring to the kind of merchandice a trader will sell. So the latest version of Ravage added a "gear" trader to the the existing "arms" and "supplies" traders. :icon_biggrin:  

What are the chances of running into them? If its fairly low, then I could recommend that the author make some trader-shop. And to encourage people to explore, it doesn't show up on their map and they have to find it themselves :)

9 hours ago, lv1234 said:

What are the chances of running into them? If its fairly low, then I could recommend that the author make some trader-shop. And to encourage people to explore, it doesn't show up on their map and they have to find it themselves :)

Trader presence can be defined in the Ravage AI module, in the demo mission it is set to a 25% chance any BLUFOR survivor will be a trader. :icon_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Trader presence can be defined in the Ravage AI module, in the demo mission it is set to a 25% chance any BLUFOR survivor will be a trader. :icon_biggrin:

What do you mean by demo mission? is it the altis mission?

Also does tanoa have any traders/shops? Do they function like the one in altis?

20 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

What do you mean by demo mission? is it the altis mission?

Yes, the Altis demo mission that comes with the Ravage mod. 

20 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

Also does tanoa have any traders/shops? Do they function like the one in altis?

Yes, the Tanoa demo mission also has roaming traders (same % chance as the Altis mission) there is also a.... 

Spoiler

....protected trader building somewhere on the map. 

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Yes, the Altis demo mission that comes with the Ravage mod. 

Yes, the Tanoa demo mission also has roaming traders (same % chance as the Altis mission) there is also a.... 

Hide contents

....protected trader building somewhere on the map. 

:eyeheart:

Does it show on the map or do we have to explore it? Also its on tanoa right?

Does it contain both gear and weapon dealers?

44 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

:eyeheart:

Does it show on the map or do we have to explore it? Also its on tanoa right?

Does it contain both gear and weapon dealers?

Wouldn't it be better to play the mission and find these things out for yourself ^^ :f: