On 02/08/2017 at 4:19 PM, Belphegor (DayZ) said:

I've been playing this mod for a while now, great stuff, thanks to the creator for doing this.

i do have a question about loot distribution.. i usually only use A3 weapons and the CUP weapons pack but the only weapons i ever seem to find in lootable objects is CZ-550 and Lee enfield rifles and some low tier handguns + assorting ammo. only on the raiders i find a larger variety of weapons and ammo. i've had a fairly long playing session today on the esseker map with all loot values set to double of the default. went through some small locations, the big town and the military complex in the south-east and apart from a ton of the items mentioned above i only found 1 AK and 1 mag from another AK variant and also a number of explosive devices at the military complex. there were also no scopes/attachments to be found at all. all other loot like clothing and food items seem to spawn fine tho

it just strikes me as odd how there is such a variety of weapons, ammo and attachments available but it's always the same items that spawn over and over again. is this just how it is or is something screwed on my side?

and can someone maybe recommend a good setting for the zombie spawns? i find they spawn a bit too close by default, today i tried max. amount 70 at 400 to 1200m but the zombies were very spread out. how high can you set the number of zombies before arma starts doing that thing it does when you make it do things it doesn't like?

thanks again for this awesome mod

Yeah the loot is normally like that for me. What I do to make it better is turn all the loot settings to 0 and put the static loot between 50 and 75. Then I use either b52 loot mod or hero's survival loot mod. Atm I'm using b52 coz I'm having problems with the hero's survival system. Or even just a loot script I can edit to add certain loot to a certain area but finding one that doesn't eat fps is hard. 

I personally don't use ambient zombies much but when I do I normally set it to

Alive cap 50

Max 150

Closest spawn 200

Longest spawn 500

Horde size random

I use a 3.4 quad 4 threads 750gtx. 30-45 fps. My other computer I don't use much is 3.4 quad 8 threads 1050ti gtx. 50-60fps. Both have 16gb ram. 

Horde module I set to

Count 100-200 depending where I put it. 

Spawn 150-300 depending where I put it

Activation is set to twice distance of spawn setting. I hate zombies spawning in front of you. 

With my old computer and when ravage had badly optimised zombies I used the zombies and demons mod. You can have 2-3x the amount of zombies with it.  But ravage has gotten a lot better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Truong said:

how do I make mod items spawn in loot?

For which mod? Some are ready supported

@Ryan Truong: the CUP weapons can already be chosen in the loot and equipment module dropdowns.  For me, they appear in loot. 

KA Melee Weapons however are not yet supported by the modules and you would have to finds a solution for that as suggested by the other posters here: different loot systems, asking Haleks for permission to d-pbo ravage and then change it's loot tables...   There's a lot of editing to do if you want a "mission of your dreams" to come true! :f:

Within the context that I usually use Fog....I find that setting the Zombies to spawn say within 200 and set to max number of 10 creates the impression of Zombies being everywhere in a very FPS friendly way. If you want to feel like there are more just increase the max number of spawns. G..e...n..e...r..a...l...l...y...I don't get a Zee pop in right in front of me...although there is always one that bucks the trend! LoL ..Re Ka Melee weps, neat idea but I did not get on well with them, issue being the attack range of the Zombie versus the attack range of the Melee wep...I think there is a mismatch that strongly favours the Zombie. Still amazed that Arma 3 has no native melee combat! Also don't like the animations...obviously not the Authors fault, they have tried to make the best the could within the limitations of the game. Now KA guns on the other hand...simply essential!

I use Heroes a lot for Spawning  loot and simplification of adding new loot to the spawn table. The Author is a really , really good guy so helpful and was kind enough to give me a script that allows Heroes loot only routines to run. If the Author says it is Ok I would be happy to share with you. I say that because I feel your pain and this, for me, has been a life saver. That being said I am kinda coming back around to the Heroes Life system. Kinda miss running the risk of Hypothermia from the old DayZ days. I am also messing with B52 at the moment. In some ways the totally random Loot appeals, certainly the actual way it spawns is good and it seems to be very light (FPS friendly)...although being able to make a spawn list array would be useful. @Haleks maybe that's a suggestion for Ravage. In the Loot and Vehicles Modules create a section where you can simply paste in your selection. Spyder Ambience uses this, in the case of Ambience it allows for really easy selection of units and vehicles to be spawned. In the same way loot lists of each category (Rifle,Pistol,Food,Clothing,Items etc) could simply and quickly be created/Updated.

• Like 1

Your welcome, I prefer a community that helps each other, Ravage is worth it! :drinking2:

9 minutes ago, Husker-71 said:

Still amazed that Arma 3 has no native melee combat!

I wonder why BI hasn't implemented melee combat. Hoping for it in Arma 4.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Truong said:

I wonder why BI hasn't implemented melee combat. Hoping for it in Arma 4.

I think every ARMA player on the planet is wondering why this was omitted!...Such an obvious feature! Bohemia if you are listening.......I guess we can only but pray for Arma 4....

Speaking of Arma 4....I have one thing to say, VBS Blue ......Imagine Ravage running on this! A WHOLE FREAKING PLANET!!!.....

Hey guys, I've been trying to get the ambient AI module to work on some custom maps and I just can't.

The Map: G.O.S Song Bin Tanh
The error: 

'...tem\missin_routine.sqf";
rvg_local = [#]nearestLocation [_center, ["NameLocal"]...
Error 0 elements provided, 3 expeced

File ravage\code\scripts\systems\mission_init.sqf, line 119

Messing with this is my first dive into learning a prog language so please bear with me.

I think  it's having trouble finding the buildings? As there are custom buildings?

Great mod, thanks for your work op :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tulsa299 said:

Hey guys, I've been trying to get the ambient AI module to work on some custom maps and I just can't.

The Map: G.O.S Song Bin Tanh
The error: 

'...tem\missin_routine.sqf";
rvg_local = [#]nearestLocation [_center, ["NameLocal"]...
Error 0 elements provided, 3 expeced

File ravage\code\scripts\systems\mission_init.sqf, line 119

Messing with this is my first dive into learning a prog language so please bear with me.

I think  it's having trouble finding the buildings? As there are custom buildings?

Great mod, thanks for your work op :) 

Hmm, strange, I used to run around on that Map a while back, I think had an update recently, Lesko was bugged for a while but they seem to have fixed it. Have you tried putting down a few Vanilla buildings via editor? Do the Zombies spawn Ok? I had a recent (and still unresolved )Issue with Ambient Ai not spawning on Florida Keys Map...I suspect the custom buildings being the issue. I didn't think G.O.S Song Bin Tanh used custom buildings...then again its been a while. The error looks to me (in my limited knowledge)like an issue with the buildings...

Just now, Husker-71 said:

Hmm, strange, I used to run around on that Map a while back, I think had an update recently, Lesko was bugged for a while but they seem to have fixed it. Have you tried putting down a few Vanilla buildings via editor? Do the Zombies spawn Ok? I had a recent (and still unresolved )Issue with Ambient Ai not spawning on Florida Keys Map...I suspect the custom buildings being the issue. I didn't think G.O.S Song Bin Tanh used custom buildings...then again its been a while. The error looks to me (in my limited knowledge)like an issue with the buildings...

I've just read your earlier posts, I'll try placing some down.
Zombies work fine.
I'm not sure if it does, I don't recognise some of the buildings, I could be wrong.

• Like 1

@Husker-71 

If you could share that hero's loot thing that would be great. I don't want to to use the hero's survival system and do you know if there is a way to use ravage cash at the hero's shop

6 minutes ago, Chuc said:

@Husker-71 

If you could share that hero's loot thing that would be great. I don't want to to use the hero's survival system and do you know if there is a way to use ravage cash at the hero's shop

I'll contact the Author and seek permission, first I don't want to tread on any ones toes. Ravage cash no.....but I have found the Heroes cash and shop system to be relatively straight forward and user friendly. Are you looking to use ravage traders aswell?

@Tulsa299, heads up, FYI I have just put down the Ravage ,Zombie and AI Module in Song and all seems to be working. When did you get the version of Song you are using. My version of song says V6.

18 minutes ago, Husker-71 said:

@Tulsa299, heads up, FYI I have just put down the Ravage ,Zombie and AI Module in Song and all seems to be working. When did you get the version of Song you are using. My version of song says V6.

V6.

Gonna check for mod conflicts. I'll report back, thanks

Tried with three mods installed: CBA, Ravage, Ravage & SongV6.

Tried reinstalling Ravage.. Testing.. Working.

Must have screwed around with something in the pbos

Thanks for the pointer :) 

• Like 1

Sweet, have fun running around in the jungle! Ps UK3CB vehicles a must for this map, only way you drive across the channels....:drinking2:

7 hours ago, Chuc said:

alright, thanks man. i remember experimenting with hero's survive before but it didn't work out, i'll check out B52

for the zombie spawns, yes i'm trying to set it up so they don't spawn behind the corner. the idea is that once you clear out a location it stays free of zombies until you leave. aditionally it's also nice that you hear and see firefights happening at longer distances and it brings a bit more mid and long range combat to ravage  (i increased the raider spawn radius as well), hence why i'm experimenting with the rather large spawn radius.

yesterday i set up camp for the night at the victoria(?) resort, looking down on the airfield and Esseker itself, through my binos i could see in the fading evening light multiple groups of raiders fighting eachother and zombies all the way across the river in old Esseker. i could see the muzzle flashes seconds before the muffled gunshots reached my ears. by the time the sun had set all there was left was bodies. it was beautiful man. just a shame the zeds are spread so thin when actually traveling around

anyways thanks for the advice

And it was uploaded by a fellow countrymen (another brazilian)...ohhh the infamous "huehuehuebr" spirit never ceases to amaze (and embarass ) me =P

DMCA the sh#t outta him, Haleks (with extreme prejudice)

Cheers

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HMF said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=973548592&searchtext=breaking+point

Will we ever have compatibility with these weapons? Now that Breaking Point will go down, I don't see why not

Maybe we will, but remember @haleksis the only one who works on Ravage. So adding new additions takes time. 

• Like 2