18 hours ago, wikiphan11 said:

ingame i see some white box in buildings but i can't open it. is it an error of mine or game? And how can i fix it ?

You either have a cracked Arma 3 or your game is just simply outdated. (But i'm sure it's the first one, because Steam  auto-updates games.)

Buy the game! :face_palm:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chuc said:

page doesnt say anything about the editing side of the radiation.

Maybe not, but it does give you a clue how to test if radiation is present.....that would be a Geiger Muller counter.

5 hours ago, Chuc said:

I placed a radioactive module down but it doesnt work. There is no radiation at the module placement.

What do i do to get it to work? The random radiation works but not the placement modules. Do i need to turn on rad water and rain to get the placement module to work?

Radiation Placement module works perfectly if you follow the steps I quoted earlier....

Place down the Survival System module.(no need to activate zones, waters or rain) then place down a Radioactive Placement module, you now have a working radioactive zone!

Why do you think these steps fail to produce a working radioactive zone? Have you equipped a Geiger Muller counter to check?

Follow the steps above, play the scenario, then pause the game, paste this into the debug console....

player addItemToBackpack "rvg_Geiger";

This will add a Geiger Muller counter to your backpack, double click it and you'll soon find all that nasty radiation. 

• Like 1

So I managed to get it working. I synced the rad module to the survival one. The Geiger metre didn't work and I had no radiation bar under the health bars but after awhile I got radiation sickness. 

Is there away to know your in radiation other than the Geiger? Also why don't we have the rad bar under the health and thirst bars? 

Thank you for your help. My mission is  set up after a nuke attack on a few cities. 

4 hours ago, Chuc said:

So I managed to get it working. I synced the rad module to the survival one. The Geiger metre didn't work and I had no radiation bar under the health bars but after awhile I got radiation sickness. 

Is there away to know your in radiation other than the Geiger? Also why don't we have the rad bar under the health and thirst bars? 

Thank you for your help. My mission is  set up after a nuke attack on a few cities. 

There's no need to sync the modules. they work independently. 

The Geiger Muller counter does work, you need to doubleclick it in your inventory. The Geiger Muller counter is the only way to tell your in a radiated area, when you find and equip one, (remember to doubleclick it) your Rad Exposure will be shown underneath the Health, Nutrition and Hydration counters. 

oh right thank you for that info, very helpful.

got it working very well with another script that damages you after awhile if your not wearing a gas mask in area of a trigger and a smoke module to tell you there is rads there.

Do the AI take rad damage?

2 hours ago, Chuc said:

oh right thank you for that info, very helpful.

got it working very well with another script that damages you after awhile if your not wearing a gas mask in area of a trigger and a smoke module to tell you there is rads there.

Do the AI take rad damage?

AI does not take rad damage.

Apologies if someone asked already, but has anyone coded persistent MP solution for Ravage yet?

Hi guys, shot in the dark here....but I recently discovered an awesome map on steam called Florida Keys. Really well laid out map, would be superb for any Zombie apocalypse scenarios. Problem is that for the first time, with any map I have used Ravage on, whilst the Zombies spawn with no probs at all as ever, I cannot get any vehicles /wrecks or bandits/renegades to spawn. This map IMHO would create a truly awesome Ravage scenario. Can anyone think of a way of bump starting the spawning process? It is only a 20x20km map set up as a thin strip of land aka the Florida Keys. I have tried COS, Alive all of  my tried and tested ways of spawning and creating a dynamic environment on any map,without success. I can spawn maps and small groups using triggers which kinda works but is not very dynamic. Interestingly whilst the map uses EM buildings there are the odd A3 buildings here and there. Heroes Spawns loot as does B52 loot...however B52 vehicles will not spawn any vehicles. I am wondering if ravage triggers off the roads or buildings..or both. I even tried manually putting down a group of A3 buildings to try and bump start spawning. Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated. PS check out the map on steam search for "Florida Keys". I know Haleks is taking a break ...but I have to say, this map was made for Ravage...

@Husker-71

Going by the screenshots there are definitely Apex buildings on the map, so enabling Apex buildings in the loot module should produce results. (I'm sure Apex is set to "off" by default)

Enabling lootable static objects should also work, assuming the map maker has added the relevant objects. That should take care of loot spawn.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Husker-71 said:

Hi guys, shot in the dark here....but I recently discovered an awesome map on steam called Florida Keys. Really well laid out map, would be superb for any Zombie apocalypse scenarios. Problem is that for the first time, with any map I have used Ravage on, whilst the Zombies spawn with no probs at all as ever, I cannot get any vehicles /wrecks or bandits/renegades to spawn. This map IMHO would create a truly awesome Ravage scenario. Can anyone think of a way of bump starting the spawning process? It is only a 20x20km map set up as a thin strip of land aka the Florida Keys. I have tried COS, Alive all of  my tried and tested ways of spawning and creating a dynamic environment on any map,without success. I can spawn maps and small groups using triggers which kinda works but is not very dynamic. Interestingly whilst the map uses EM buildings there are the odd A3 buildings here and there. Heroes Spawns loot as does B52 loot...however B52 vehicles will not spawn any vehicles. I am wondering if ravage triggers off the roads or buildings..or both. I even tried manually putting down a group of A3 buildings to try and bump start spawning. Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated. PS check out the map on steam search for "Florida Keys". I know Haleks is taking a break ...but I have to say, this map was made for Ravage...

The loot systems of Ravage and other mods like B52 are done differently, B52 works with most buildings as it spawns Random loot at "positions" on the buildings. Ravage however has a tiered system based on the kind of building therefore it needs the classnames of the buildings being used. Which would mean he would have to code in all of the classnames to EM_Buildings to get the map functioning.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies, all thoughts are appreciated. TBC I am not having a problem spawning loot, infact I use heroes (with the modifiable building class names)mostly to do so, the issue is getting vehicles/wrecks and bandits/renegades to spawn. So I am trying to figure a way to do so as the scenario is a bit sterile without renegades and wrecks randomly popping up. Does the Ravage mod key of of buildings or roads maybe? If it does I am thinking I could maybe add the building class names to that part of the code that triggers the vehicle/bandit spawns...?

@Husker-71,

I'm not great with code but looking at the map from a video i've just watched there is very little land mass, but a whole lot of water. It's possible the AI spawn code can't find a safe position......Just a thought, don't take it as read.   

• Like 2

@Evil Organ, Yea that's a thought.  Bandit camps spawn fine from a trigger and set about patrolling though. The video makes the land look a lot narrower than it actually is on the ground to be fair. On the ground it is plenty wide enough with enough open space to find a safe spot to spawn IMHO. The Zees spawn fine and do their thing....my hunch is that its connected with the buildings/roads on this map being different and thus not triggering the spawning cycle because the code is looking for a safe spot to spawn in relation to another set of defined buildings/roads...This map looks mostly custom to me...but what do I know ! ...I think when this map is functional  Ravage players are going to go nuts for it. Download it and have a run around. I am determined to figure this out!

Ps Sullen Skies is one of the best add-ons ever made...Thanks for that. Real game changer.

• Like 3

@Husker-71, 

You could try EoS to spawn in enemy or friendly camps and with abit of editing you can also use enigma to spawn in ambient Ai around you. 

You can even add

call rvg_fnc_equip 

Into enigma to have them spawn with random ravage loot. 

I got a question for you about hero's loot. Did you edit the food and water spawns to ravage items or are you using hero's survival system? 

• Like 1

@Chuc, EOS , not familiar with that one but it sounds promising, will research. As it happens I managed to get COS to start spawning Aggressors and Vehicles and have created some Crazy scenarios that feel literally like that moment in Dawn of the Dead when the SHTF for real!, You know the scene I mean! Lol. I used Alive Orbat to create custom units and factions and then spawn them along with Random civilians from MU to create  totally Random and dynamic scenario and units. Lots of confusion and uncertainty, Panicked civilians, Zombies, Rogue military and Cops aswell as Friendly military and Cops, Good and Bad Survivors Works really well. Total chaos...Can U survive..?...Oh and Random side missions..Only drawback is they don't have Ravages brilliant vehicle repair system....Thanks for call rvg_fnc_equip  I will fold that in until Ravage is compatible with this map. Re Heroes loot. I messed with Heroes loot and life system but ended up staying with Ravages life system out of familiarity and ease of function, so yes I edited Heroes loot to spawn Ravage friendly items. I did actually add additional food and loot items to Ravages 'useable' list. I also edited the bandits and renegades to Spawn with SMA and NI Arms Weps as the high end options. Finally I made a custom vehicle spawn list so I have some really well modelled vehicles in game. No base code altered just simply using the modular nature of Ravage to adjust spawn lists...excellent piece of software! I do like Heroes temperature feature in the life system so I may look at it again....but I would prefer it if Haleks incorporated that in to Ravage.....(Hint Hint..)

Edited by Husker-71
typo
  • Like 1

@Husker-71

How did you add items to the ravage 'useable' list? 

Also check out enigmas civilian script. With abit of editing you can make one for each faction and have Ai spawn around the player. 

With the 'call rvg_fnc_equip' you can place it in the init of any unit or in the onPlayerRespawn.sqf to give them random loadouts on start and respawn. 

• Like 1

@Chuc, I hope this Ok with the creators, I think it is based on what is said inside the code. Basically un PBO Ravage and go to Ravage\code\survival. In there edit "survival_init.sqf" . Please note that because I modify my Ravage I tend to wait before updating to make sure there are no issues, so FYI I believe there has just been an update? This applies to the last version although previously this part of the code does not appear to have changed much.

Inside you can find all the consumables and values associated with them. I use Heroes and B52 for spawning loot so I have already added any additional loot items to the loot array of them. If you use Ravage to spawn loot obviously you need to add any items to the Ravage loot array. In a similar fashion you can add vehicles, weps and loot etc. Funnily enough your question has prompted me to look back over the code to see if I can jump start the spawning routines...Also Evil Organs comment re making sure I have Ravage Apex enabled has made me look at that and I don't think I do , so going to look at that to see if that will trigger the spawn routine.

Hope that helps Chuc and hope that its Ok talking about this, developers. If the developers are happy for me to do so I can point to enhancing the vehicle spawns.....(this is a bug bear for me...I insist on well modelled/Simulated vehicles that handle /sound realistic...as I do with my weps...nerdy about this I guess Lol)  No base code is altered just Arrays added to...and I infer from statements in the code this is OK. If its not please tell me and I will stop immediately.

Did anyone D/L and look at that Florida Keys Map?

PS @Chuc... Yea Enigma I remember now. Forgot about that one, haven't used in a while as Cos seems to do the same and more...although I don't recall spawning camps with it...how are you doing that and are you just using Enigma civilians to do so? Currently I have to use a trigger to spawn ravage camps....or go completely Bonkers and use the awesome but devilish Alive to do so ......so I am intrigued how you are doing it with Enigma and what kind of results you get. Let me know.

2 hours ago, Husker-71 said:

@Chuc, I hope this Ok with the creators, I think it is based on what is said inside the code. Basically un PBO Ravage and go to Ravage\code\survival. In there edit "survival_init.sqf" . Please note that because I modify my Ravage I tend to wait before updating to make sure there are no issues, so FYI I believe there has just been an update? This applies to the last version although previously this part of the code does not appear to have changed much.

Did you ask permission from @haleks? As he is the author of Ravage.

I use enigma to spawn 'roaming squads', I edited the scripts for rhs rus and USA solders to spawn and they all seem to walk in a line. They mostly only spawn in or near buildings. 

I use EoS to spawn camps in marker areas. It works well and has a kill counter and the units despawn/cache when you get a set distance away and respawn where they were. 

I also have jonzies and Adams car mods that spawn with the ravage vehicle module. 

• Like 1

@R0adki11, I was under the impression that simply adding to the spawn array was Ok as long as no base code is altered..in order to do that you have to unpack as I am sure you know. If it is NOT Ok to customise any of the spawn lists then this is new information and message received.

@Chuc, Yea Jonzie and Adam cars for the win! Check out Ford Fusion Police Pack on Steam, Civil and Police Ford Fusions but REALLY well modelled, perfect driving view,excellent handling I highly recommend. i think I shall have to take another look at Enigma, sounds promising!

1 hour ago, Husker-71 said:

@R0adki11, I was under the impression that simply adding to the spawn array was Ok as long as no base code is altered..in order to do that you have to unpack as I am sure you know. If it is NOT Ok to customise any of the spawn lists then this is new information and message received.

No problem, as long as its for personal use only. Its generally best practice within this community to ask permission before editing someone else's work, its just the polite thing to do. 

• Like 2

I've been playing this mod for a while now, great stuff, thanks to the creator for doing this.

i do have a question about loot distribution.. i usually only use A3 weapons and the CUP weapons pack but the only weapons i ever seem to find in lootable objects is CZ-550 and Lee enfield rifles and some low tier handguns + assorting ammo. only on the raiders i find a larger variety of weapons and ammo. i've had a fairly long playing session today on the esseker map with all loot values set to double of the default. went through some small locations, the big town and the military complex in the south-east and apart from a ton of the items mentioned above i only found 1 AK and 1 mag from another AK variant and also a number of explosive devices at the military complex. there were also no scopes/attachments to be found at all. all other loot like clothing and food items seem to spawn fine tho

it just strikes me as odd how there is such a variety of weapons, ammo and attachments available but it's always the same items that spawn over and over again. is this just how it is or is something screwed on my side?

and can someone maybe recommend a good setting for the zombie spawns? i find they spawn a bit too close by default, today i tried max. amount 70 at 400 to 1200m but the zombies were very spread out. how high can you set the number of zombies before arma starts doing that thing it does when you make it do things it doesn't like?

thanks again for this awesome mod

8 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

No problem, as long as its for personal use only. Its generally best practice within this community to ask permission before editing someone else's work, its just the polite thing to do. 

Defacto permission to adjust  the spawn table is given in this thread. Indeed in the Post straight after somebody is asking how to do it. The Topic has come up repeatedly.There was NEVER any suggestion of distribution. Indeed I was careful to share ONLY how to adjust the loot spawns.

I have always appreciated, respected and valued the time and effort Mod creators put into their creative endeavours......and then share it with us ...FOR FREE!

You have accused me of disrespecting the Authors work essentially. I find this to be high handed in the extreme.

I apologise if my enthusiasm for the Mod offended you.

6 hours ago, Husker-71 said:

I have always appreciated, respected and valued the time and effort Mod creators put into their creative endeavours......and then share it with us ...FOR FREE!

That is good to hear, as addon makers including myself do give alot back to the community.

You have accused me of disrespecting the Authors work essentially. I find this to be high handed in the extreme.

I meant no offence, nor did I mean it to come off as i was suggesting that you were disrespecting the authors work, i merely asked a polite question as is within my right as within my role as a forum moderator on these forums.

Now i hope this matter is resolved, if not please contact me by PM. Now lets return to thread topic. 

• Like 2