any chance Haleks that the ambient AI module could have preset uniforms? kinda like the zombie uniforms thing?

12 hours ago, miasdad said:

Made  a  Ravage mission on Malden 2035  the day I got it  & ran flawlessly.Also i have to  add despite the lack of spawns  in the new buildings  there were enough  of the originals from vanilla to make up for it. Just my  2¢

You can add lockers, some tables, boxes, ect. Into the house and set up the static loot in the lot module to get loot in them houses

Haleks, the CBA link in your OP is mistakenly linked to Ravage's first page :)

21 minutes ago, ArmaMan360 said:

Haleks, the CBA link in your OP is mistakenly linked to Ravage's first page :)

Good spot ArmaMan360.....although that's unlikely to be rectified anytime soon as haleks is taking a break from the boards for a while.

We can always flag up your post when he returns. :f:

• Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 10:08 AM, haleks said:

These guys don't even read the OP, do they? :dozingoff:

Anyway, the upload has been reported, thanks Roadkill!

why cant we have it on workshop??? 

@tyl3r99

Also, you can search thos thread for: 'license'  and  'workshop'

• Like 2

On 7/12/2017 at 11:21 AM, FireWalker said:

@ArteyFlo

What exactly are you trying to do?  Not have playable units spawn as AI, or just have them spawn as AI randomly?

I was going to use probability of presence for playable BLUFOR units I have placed in my Ravage mission. I wanted to make it so you never know where you spawn (kind of like DayZ and other survival games). 

9 hours ago, ArteyFlo said:

I was going to use probability of presence for playable BLUFOR units I have placed in my Ravage mission. I wanted to make it so you never know where you spawn (kind of like DayZ and other survival games). 

Here is a quick mission and the associated files to make random spawn and respawn. Should get you going.

download

Its on stratis. Its set to spawn at the shoreline. You can educate yourself by reading up on this.  There are many ways to tailor the spawn locations.

I think the ammo bearer has the most grenades for testing purposes.

Fire

I updated those files to show other options available.  (random loadouts and spawn anywhere on map)

Edited by FireWalker
Updated files
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, FireWalker said:

Its on stratis. Its set to spawn at the shoreline. You can educate yourself by reading up on this

Related: the useful [url=https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/153382-shk_pos/]shk_pos[/url] positioning scripts.

Edited 3 hours ago by R0adki11 

removed flame-baiting comments

Where is your sense of humour? There was obviously satirical over-exaggeration in there.

• Like 1

Is there a way to add random loadouts to the vehicles spawned by the ambient vehicle module? 

Atm they are all empty except maybe 1 or 2 with a couple medpacks in them

On 7/22/2017 at 0:50 AM, FireWalker said:

Here is a quick mission and the associated files to make random spawn and respawn. Should get you going.

download

Its on stratis. Its set to spawn at the shoreline. You can educate yourself by reading up on this.  There are many ways to tailor the spawn locations.

I think the ammo bearer has the most grenades for testing purposes.

Fire

I updated those files to show other options available.  (random loadouts and spawn anywhere on map)

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.

I m making a simple mission with Ravage on Malden the mission is actually running on a server(5opfor raiders VS 10 bluefor good guys), its an experiment with a new loot system and a persistence for the folded tent and vehicle, after server restart your vehicle, the folded tent and all the content inside are saved by using a saveprofilenamespace.

All the loot are Arma 3 only (no Apex or Marksman...) you can join with Enhanced Movement and JSRS sound mode.

Server name : Ravage Malden (Rvg1.44) JSRS & EnhancedMovement Allowed 

On 19/07/2017 at 10:05 AM, R0adki11 said:

Have you set Independent to enemy in the mission, as by default they are usually friendly to NATO

Omg i forgot that... thank you sir.

Found a bug:

Zombies seem to completely ignore me at night when im in a car. Even if i park next to them they just roam around.

Oh and i also noticed something else:

When im in a vehicle zombies are damaging ME instead of the car. I know this might have came with latest version, just thought i would inform others, too, and ask if it happens to anyone else.

how do i get the radiation module to work

6 hours ago, Chuc said:

how do i get the radiation module to work

You have a couple of options....

Place down the Survival System module, within the module you can then choose to either spawn random Radiation Zones, have Radioactive Rain or Radioactive Waters.

Second option is the Radioactive Placement module, this lets you choose the area and radius of a Radiation Zone. (you'll also need the Survival System module in order for the Radioactive Placement module to work)

Lastly, check out the Radiation page of the Ravage Wiki, kodabar has written some essential tips on this subject.   

• Like 1

ingame i see some white box in buildings but i can't open it. is it an error of mine or game? And how can i fix it ?

Hey can i change the uniforms and loadouts for the dynamic blue and opfor units. Wanna create a jungle szenario .

Thx mates

I have stated some of these suggestions before so I don't need to be redundant, but I really think they could really spice up this mod (provided not too much work is required to incorporate them):

- Make the enemy AI car patrols non-armed (no mounted gun), or at least make only a small percentage armed. Maybe add a bigger variety of cars, so maybe have there be roaming suvs, hunters, hatchbacks, etc, as well as the offroads. Also maybe even make it so the car patrols can be both BLUFOR and OPFOR

- Make there be random helicopter crashes with high tier loot available at them

- Make there be random BLUFOR/OPFOR camps that spawn (maybe a few tents, campfire and a few infantry units for each)

- Fix the Multiplayer saving bug (it causes me and whoever else is on my lan server to either be teleported repeatedly into the ocean or die. It may have been fixed already but I'm not 100% sure)

- Fix the black box error message (https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/94976092985068053/C336F7E3F4FFB6988CD8C9147FD0DAE27B71216C/)

I think with these suggestions, Ravage could have a higher enjoyment factor and more replayability. At the moment me and my friends usually get bored after only an hour or two of playing (no offense to Haleks). I think all it needs is a few more features to help keep things fresh and random.

17 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

You have a couple of options....

Place down the Survival System module, within the module you can then choose to either spawn random Radiation Zones, have Radioactive Rain or Radioactive Waters.

Second option is the Radioactive Placement module, this lets you choose the area and radius of a Radiation Zone. (you'll also need the Survival System module in order for the Radioactive Placement module to work)

Lastly, check out the Radiation page of the Ravage Wiki, kodabar has written some essential tips on this subject.   

page doesnt say anything about the editing side of the radiation.

I have a survival module placed with radiation zones,rain and weather off because i dont want random radiation. I placed a radioactive module down but it doesnt work. There is no radiation at the module placement.

What do i do to get it to work? The random radiation works but not the placement modules. Do i need to turn on rad water and rain to get the placement module to work?