"rvg_canisterFuel",

"rvg_canisterFuel_Empty"

• Like 2

@haleks a couple of requests for the new version if not too late?

1) A blackmark area for vehicles to spawn.
2) Potential for boats/helicopters to spawn.

17 hours ago, ArteyFlo said:

I know Haleks listed how to do it on an earlier page in this thread, but how exactly do you make it so that you randomly spawn in multiplayer? Specifically how do you make it so that you "wake up" from a randomly generated car crash?

You should put down some wrecks or locked vehicles manually and place the spawn/respawn points next tho them - easiest way to achieve what you want. Next you should use this code: player switchmove "Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_Part1" . Run it from onPlayerRespawn.sqf or something. You can also google up some blur effect if you want.

17 hours ago, ArteyFlo said:

At the moment I just have a few spawn points down that have a 50% chance of spawning, but I wish I could make it so the spawn is completely random.

Personally i use SHK Pos, so i never respawn on the same location. I think with scripting you could get what you want by creating wrecks when a player respawns and either removing after X minutes or by checking distance between player and wreck so it would disappear when its out of visibility (maybe?)

• Like 2

On 7/10/2017 at 8:09 AM, UnDeaD. said:

You should put down some wrecks or locked vehicles manually and place the spawn/respawn points next tho them - easiest way to achieve what you want. Next you should use this code: player switchmove "Acts_UnconsciousStandUp_Part1" . Run it from onPlayerRespawn.sqf or something. You can also google up some blur effect if you want.

Personally i use SHK Pos, so i never respawn on the same location. I think with scripting you could get what you want by creating wrecks when a player respawns and either removing after X minutes or by checking distance between player and wreck so it would disappear when its out of visibility (maybe?)

Ah ok, thanks. Does seem simple enough. Now, what about "probability of presence"? For some reason, it doesn't work on BLUFOR units I have placed down in my mission; the BLUFOR units always spawn, no matter what. For the record, the units in question are set to "playable".

I think for playable units, you can check "disableAI" box in the settings.

Or, alternatively:

disabledAI = 1;    in your description.ext file

And should fix the problem, although I don't think the probability of presence slider will work, but they won't spawn. I'm really not sure that the probability slider works at all for playable units.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Or, alternatively:

And should fix the problem, although I don't think the probability of presence slider will work, but they won't spawn. I'm really not sure that the probability slider works at all for playable units.

That's it.

I have never tried using PoP on playable units, so i never encountered such a problem. At least we know that it doesn't work with playable units.

• Like 1

how do i get a trader to have more then the ravage list of eqipment? like the RHS stuff or FRITHIS stuff in the buy list?

Edited by Caluu66x
typo

Found a bug just now,

I don't know if it is Arma or Ravage, but i killed a zombie while he was climbing a ladder and when i climbed down i died, i could hear a zombie hitting sound, but only once, then i saw that other zombies that tried to climb up/down also died. The same happened yesterday.

Stupid undead zombies...   :evil:

Actually, I've had that happen in staircases on Chernarus also. Fire station to be exact.

Edited by FireWalker
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2017 at 1:42 PM, FireWalker said:

Or, alternatively:

It's a shame that it doesn't work on playable units, but thanks regardless.

@ArteyFlo

What exactly are you trying to do?  Not have playable units spawn as AI, or just have them spawn as AI randomly?

I've got 2 questions:

Is there any way to restrict the loot spawn module to spawn loot in an area?

I'm using Xcinos' Oil Rig and Sea Fortress, but loot seems to bug through the floor + eat FPS.

I'm pretty sure this was asked a few times before, but how do i put traders manually? I mean what code should i use? I would like to put them in the locations mentioned above.

this setVariable ["istrader", selectRandom ["rvg_supplies_s", "rvg_arms_s"], true];

I believe all you have to do is place the code above in the units init. You can remove the select random portion if needed.

You may also add:     disableAI "move";     to the init also.

If I have this wrong, I'm certain someone else will chime in. I'm not at home right now.

For general supplies: this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]

For weapons and ammo: this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true]

You can also search this thread for   "  isTrader  "

Edited by FireWalker
  • Like 2

Fast response, many thanks! :rthumb:

Gonna try it soon.

Edit1: Doesn't seem to work, searched the topic and everywhere is written like you said. Strange..

Tried with and without the Ravage modules placed down, but no action is appearing..

Edit2: Seems like it works with selectrandom

Edit3: Managed to get it working

One more thing!

(haven't used traders till now) Where can i see my money? :grinning:

Edit4: Nevermind, figured it out :tounge_o:

• Like 1

@haleks I want to extend your shop system to make actual merchants on foot selling a variety of stuff GUI included strictly for ravage.

Can I use your Buy/Sell/SellMenu/BuyMenu sqf's to be a foundation for this?

It would be more for personal use within the clan but if you want to use it, or want it open to the public its fine by me :)

With your blessing I will name it 'Ravage Merchant Extension' all credits will go to you.

@nelo_riot : no problem mate; I'll be glad to see what you come up with. ;)

• Like 1

@haleks Thanks!

May need to pm you with some questions over time, hope that not is not a problem ;)

Hi guys!

Ravage has been updated to v 0.1.44!

This update is happening a bit sooner than planned, but since I'll be away from my computer for the next 2 weeks, here it is!

Here's the complete changelog :

Tweaked :
Slightly increased Antirad potency.
Most player idle animations are disabled.
Reduced fog base parameter for the Tanoa demo mission (should prevent excessive fog changes ingame).
Slightly increased zed staggering animation speed.
Increased max world count for rabbits on Altis.
Rabbit fleeing behaviour.
Tweaked Ambiant Life configs for Stratis.
Tweaked Color Correction Filter to be brighter by night.
Spawned units have a small chance to be equiped with a RPG launcher.
Range detection for zombie attacks : should allow them to actually attack most vehicles.

Fixed :
Hunger and Thirst sometimes getting stucked after a respawn.
Survivors spawning above ground level.
Fix for safe zone and zed blacklist modules.
Fix another potential issue causing off-center aiming.
Fixed an issue causing rabbits to have a human head floating above them.
Fix for several errors caused by players death.
Fixed : briefing was disabled in the 28years scenario as it would crash the game.
Fix for decreased health when resuming a MP save.
Fixed missing notification whenever a new MP save is created.
Fixed an exploit with Weapons Traders.
Fixed an error causing traders to have an empty inventory.
Fixed : the Loot Module no longer checks for buildings when only the Search action is enabled.
Fixed : spawned vehicles would produce explosion sounds.
Fixed : graphical issues with airport lamps after the Malden update.
Fixed : deployed firecamps floating above ground.
Fixed : spawned wrecks sometimes floating above ground.

New :
New idle and walking zombie animations from the Breaking Point mod.
New optional sub-mod : Ravage CUP (WIP, disables most artificial lights).
Added ambiant Crowes, Kestrels and Eagles on Altis (courtesy of EO).
Added a new shop type : gear (clothes, vests, headgear, goggles).
Added support for PMC uniforms from CUP units.
New module setting allowing to limit wrecks spawns to empty vehicles, static wrecks, or both.
Support for HD3 gasmask.

See the original post for the download link, and have fun everyone!

• Like 12

@Haleks WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

@Haleks,

Awesom update!!

Otherwise, I totally keep forgetting to ask you about Tanoa:  I never see any damn bunny rabbits on that map. Is that the map itself? Or Ravage?

Thanks for the update,

Fire

59 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

Otherwise, I totally keep forgetting to ask you about Tanoa:  I never see any damn bunny rabbits on that map. Is that the map itself? Or Ravage?

Come to think of it, i've never seen any rabbits on Tanoa either, the map configs are still in EBO format so unable to check to be 100% certain.

Adding rabbits to Tanoa is fairly easy to do if there is appetite for them.

Thanks for the update haleks!! :rthumb:

• Like 1

Lol, Yeah eveytime I play, I'm like where are all the damn rabbits. Food isn't the easiest thing to come by in my mission. Then I think to myself that I really need to script in a bunny population, then I forget after I'm done playing...  lather, rinse, repeat.:down:

I think it's fair to say most end-users don't have the luxury of using/adding scripts for extra content, much better to produce a mod, even better to add it to Ravage.

• Like 5