@Caleblink

No sleep in mp.

@changrey

this setVariable ["rvg_owned", 1];

Place that in vehicles init

Its written elsewhere in this thread also, in case I mis-typed it

Fire

Ok thank you

Hey guys I got a fair base building mod y'all should try for Ravage. Y'all probably remember the IBuild mod that came out a few years ago but it's pretty good and its a little better than just going into a house and making it a base.

3 hours ago, Caleblink said:

Hey guys I got a fair base building mod y'all should try for Ravage. Y'all probably remember the IBuild mod that came out a few years ago but it's pretty good and its a little better than just going into a house and making it a base.

One of my friends said he got the ibuild mod to work with Ravage, but I'm not sure how it works. I'm assuming you need to collect resources in order to build? Example... cutting trees, etc. I personally prefer locking existing houses, for immersion if for no other reason. That's what people would do in an apocalypse situation. No one would go building new houses.

• Like 3

Also, I think in an apocalyptic world part of your daily duties would be to construct some form of wall around the buildings you decided to live in. The wall should be secure enough to keep the zombies out, but probably not outlaws. Of course any wall or barricade would deteriorate over time and would need repairs. Health would slowly regen while you're safely inside your locked building.

It would be cool if supplies in your area slowly spawned less and less, forcing you to move your camp around.

Some method of farming would be useful also. I haven't seen that in arma yet, but its probably been tried.

...sounds like another 50 pages of code, lol

Fire

• Like 3

I'd be happy with some kind of deploy-able camp from a backpack, similar to a concept jshock came up with a year or so ago.....

• Like 7

Hey guys sorry for going off topic but I'm trying to find the ferry terminal on Tanoa and I can't find it the ferry location on the map is 022086

Some melee weapons could also be ported from Breaking Point.

• Like 2

There's a whole bunch of useful stuff in BP that would work well in Ravage, but let's not forget Ravage is a one man show and time is a precious commodity. 

• Like 5

Quick question about the zombie horde placement module. Does it trigger only once? If so, is there a way to reset it using a trigger? I placed some at the center of cities and towns to have a few more walkers roaming around and was just wondering if I needed to make some sort of triggering system to reset the modules when returning to those areas. A reset timer in the module settings would be handy to allow a certain amount of time to pass before in can be enabled again (just a suggestion).

3 hours ago, Hudson's Skull said:

Quick question about the zombie horde placement module. Does it trigger only once? If so, is there a way to reset it using a trigger? I placed some at the center of cities and towns to have a few more walkers roaming around and was just wondering if I needed to make some sort of triggering system to reset the modules when returning to those areas. A reset timer in the module settings would be handy to allow a certain amount of time to pass before in can be enabled again (just a suggestion).

Right now the module only spawns one horde - it's definitely disabled after that.

I've sent a Release Candidate build to my fellow testers already, but I reckon it shouldn't be too much trouble adding that option before release.

• Like 3

Hey! 

Congrats! Great work! The kind of mod that hits me right in the goodies.
 Im loving to play, but i'm having a problem.
The color filter for third and first person are different. Even if i disable the color filter in the 0-0 menu.
Is there any other way to disable this? Tryed ReColor but it changes the PP, but still differs from third/first person.

Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Kardoz said:

Hey! 

Congrats! Great work! The kind of mod that hits me right in the goodies.
 Im loving to play, but i'm having a problem.
The color filter for third and first person are different. Even if i disable the color filter in the 0-0 menu.
Is there any other way to disable this? Tryed ReColor but it changes the PP, but still differs from third/first person.

Thank you!

You're player character isn't wearing sunglasses is he?  Sometimes... it can effect.

4 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

You're player character isn't wearing sunglasses is he?  Sometimes... it can effect.

-.-
Feel so noob right now. ahhaha

Thank you, was the sunglasses. 

=D

• Like 5

So im editing the demo altis mission and when i go to change the game time and the weather "IE fog" then go to load up the senario it doesnt seem to be what i set it at? like i saved it. am i doing something wrong?

Lil sneak peek... 

New zed walking animations (from BP)...these guys suss you out.

Spoiler

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Lil sneak peek... 

Reveal hidden contents

Love it!

IMO the old idle walking animations could be used for the zombies which are alerted too.

• Like 1

I don't know if this ever happened to anyone else, this might be a problem with ARMA 3 in general, but when I test my scenario through the editor using the simple "Play in SP", everything works fine, but if I try using the "Play SP with briefing" the game crashes right after hitting the "Continue" button. It also happens when I export to single player and try playing. I get a "The instruction at 0x009b6f17 referenced memory at 0xffffff could not be read" error.

If I un-tick the "show briefings" option in "Attributes/General/States" then export to single player and try it out, it skips the briefing and I spawn in game without a problem.

8 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Lil sneak peek... 

Reveal hidden contents

DEADLY! thumbs up EO! does that apply only to the walkers? will runners and the "crawlers" have different animations?

5 hours ago, Caluu66x said:

DEADLY! thumbs up EO! does that apply only to the walkers? will runners and the "crawlers" have different animations?

I think the new idle and walking anims are for the walkers only.

The extra animations makes a huge difference to their roaming behaviour, also makes stealth around walkers much more interesting.

You now know you've been spotted by a walker when he starts to flail his arms around.

10 hours ago, Hudson's Skull said:

I don't know if this ever happened to anyone else, this might be a problem with ARMA 3 in general, but when I test my scenario through the editor using the simple "Play in SP", everything works fine, but if I try using the "Play SP with briefing" the game crashes right after hitting the "Continue" button. It also happens when I export to single player and try playing. I get a "The instruction at 0x009b6f17 referenced memory at 0xffffff could not be read" error.

If I un-tick the "show briefings" option in "Attributes/General/States" then export to single player and try it out, it skips the briefing and I spawn in game without a problem.

This is a known issue. I'll tackle it eventually, but until then it's safer to disable briefings.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, haleks said:

This is a known issue. I'll tackle it eventually, but until then it's safer to disable briefings.

Ok thanks for the response, at first I thought my rig was starting to act up, because I googled it and anyone who didn't have an answer blamed it on hardware. Yeah right. Like fake news from anonymous sources blaming it on Russia. :f:

Edit: What's the class name for the Fuel Canister and Empty Fuel Canister, I want to modify the content of the rvg_repair_box. I managed to find most class names in the tuto.sqf and in a previous post by Cosmic10r:

"Mask_M40_OD", "rvg_sleepingBag_Blue", "rvg_purificationTablets",, "rvg_foldedTent", "rvg_guttingknife", "rvg_canopener", "rvg_matches"

"rvg_beans", "rvg_bacon", "rvg_milk", "rvg_rice", "FirstAidKit","rvg_matches", "rvg_notebook"

"rvg_plasticBottlePurified", "rvg_spirit", "rvg_franta", "rvg_canteenPurified", "rvg_canteen"

But I can't seem to find the ones for the fuel. I tried rvg_fuelcanister , rvg_fuel_canister , etc... 

Edited by Hudson's Skull
Adding a question

3 hours ago, Hudson's Skull said:

But I can't seem to find the ones for the fuel. I tried rvg_fuelcanister , rvg_fuel_canister , etc... 

Try this....

"rvg_canisterFuel_Empty",

I don't believe there is a full varient.

• Like 2

I know Haleks listed how to do it on an earlier page in this thread, but how exactly do you make it so that you randomly spawn in multiplayer? Specifically how do you make it so that you "wake up" from a randomly generated car crash? At the moment I just have a few spawn points down that have a 50% chance of spawning, but I wish I could make it so the spawn is completely random.

35 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Try this....

"rvg_canisterFuel_Empty",

I don't believe there is a full varient.

khan-there-she-is-there-she-is.jpg

That's the one. Thanks man! 

• Like 2