On 01/07/2017 at 1:08 PM, R0adki11 said:

@haleksi found since the latest Arma3 updates, i can't search wrecks, rubbish piles or sacks is it a known issue?

I'll take a look; was this happening on a specific terrain? Some of them use older models with different classnames, wich aren't accounted for in the current release.

@Gunter Severloh : Many thanks for your continued work on the youtube channel mate! ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, haleks said:

I'll take a look; was this happening on a specific terrain? Some of them use older models with different classnames, wich aren't accounted for in the current release.

I was playing the default Ravage mission on altis.

7 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I was playing the default Ravage mission on altis.

Ok, sounds like a new issue indeed. ^^'

@DeadMan981 : safe storages would be a nice feature; but I need to work further on persistency and tweak the clean-up routines before. No ETA on that though. :/

Until then, there is a variable that will prevent objects from being deleted by the clean-up routines :

this setVariable ["rvg_owned", true, true];

• Like 2

Regarding the inability to search lootpiles.....

I can confirm searching lootpiles works fine on Ravage Altis demo mission, using CBA subscribed from SW, which was last updated 27th June.

38 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

I can confirm searching lootpiles works fine on Ravage Altis demo mission, using CBA subscribed from SW, which was last updated 27th June.

I have no problems searching lootpiles as well.

I'm super excited about the new version of Ravage coming! I have a youtube series that I want to continue and have been waiting for the new version to come out.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Well that's strange, as i am using CBA from Steam now and its still not working. :sad:. Maybe i need to reinstall Ravage. 

I have No issue searching trash and wrecks for loot.

Only issue im experiencing is zombies are not attacking vehicles which i use, they only stand around the cehicle which i am in.

• Like 1

Hi guys, a newbie here. I just started playing Arma 3 a few weeks ago and I gotta say, I'm very impressed with this mod. Congrats to everyone involved.

I started playing around in the editor, just goofing around. Seems pretty cut and dry. I'm trying to make a scenario, nothing complicated, a simple Point A to Point B type of mission. I call it "The Road to Outpost 13"... An officer returning from RnR (a hunting trip) has to try and make it back to the outpost he was stationed at. I figure it will help me learn more about the editor in the process.  Anyway, I noticed some of the values in certain modules (like for example the atmosphere module) have some features deactivated by default and I was wondering where I could find the correct values for the modules so the gameplay will resemble the Altis free roaming mission included with the Ravage mod. Some of the yes/no values are obvious (i.e. Survival System, Save System, Atmosphere, etc.) but I was wondering if the default % values in some of the modules needed tweeking in order to hit that sweet spot in the Altis demo. 

Also, I placed a Zombie blacklist module at my starting area (radius=400 ; Time=Always ; Trigger repetition=Yes) so the player doesn't get attacked right out of the starting gate but when I test it out, there are often a few zombies spawning inside the defined area within a few hundred meters of the player. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Here is a list of the mods I'm using: 

CBA_A3    
CUP Weapons    
ENFORCER (only using it for the Indiana Jones type fedora that my character wears lol)    
Friths Ruin    
Ravage    
Ravage Apex    
RHSAFRF    
RHSGREF    
RHSSAF    
RHSUSAF    
TAC VESTS    
TRYK [TRYK's Multi-play Uniforms]
  • Like 1

Hi @Hudson's Skull!

The safeZone and Zed Blacklist modules are bugged in the current release, they should be fixed with the next update though.

Regarding parameters I used in the Altis demo mission, you can copy the modules directly from the template mission and paste them to yours for editing.

Inside the "@Ravage" mod folder you'll find a "missions" folder. Just copy the "Ravage.Altis" folder to "Documents>Arma3>missions". You can then load the mission from Eden, edit it or use it as reference.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

Is it possible to edit what the traders sell? And how much the prices are? Where would the weapon trader and item trader.sqf be? all I can find is "is trader.sqf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, haleks said:

Hi @Hudson's Skull!

The safeZone and Zed Blacklist modules are bugged in the current release, they should be fixed with the next update though.

Regarding parameters I used in the Altis demo mission, you can copy the modules directly from the template mission and paste them to yours for editing.

Inside the "@Ravage" mod folder you'll find a "missions" folder. Just copy the "Ravage.Altis" folder to "Documents>Arma3>missions". You can then load the mission from Eden, edit it or use it as reference.

Hope this helps!

Hey thanks for the quick response man! Love your work on this. Two thumbs up!!!

And thanks for the tip.

Just another quick question. I added a squad member to my unit (as a hunting buddy "spotter") but I get so far and he ends up shooting me in the back. Was I in his crosshairs (friendly fire) while he was shooting at an enemy? I don't know but it happened three out of three times and I don't recall it ever happening when I recruited survivors in the game. Are survivors scripted differently than the run of the mill squad mates?

Here's a peek at the load screen for my scenario...

Spoiler

2pr5w68.jpg

@Hudson's Skull

Sounds like you may have inadvertently killed some traders or other friendlies.

And lowered your reputation

Also, if youre playing as blufor, make sure you also have the independent class set as enemy in your mission settings.

If independent is set as friendly and you kill some bandits, that will also lower your reputation.

Fire

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

@Hudson's Skull

Sounds like you may have inadvertently killed some traders or other friendlies.

And lowered your reputation

Also, if youre playing as blufor, make sure you also have the independent class set as enemy in your mission settings.

If independent is set as friendly and you kill some bandits, that will also lower your reputation.

Fire

Alright, got it. Thanks for the heads up FireWalker. I'm still new to the reputation thing in Arma, what's the best faction to play as when creating Ravage scenarios? Are there any benefits to playing as a particular faction?

Play as blufor.

Set opfor and indep as enemies.

Haleks has a trick to ba able to have your player wear any clothing:

When you place your playable unit, place a civilian. Then place any blufor unit. Then group your civilian unit to the blufor. You will notice that your "purple" civilian turns "blue". You now have a civilian unit that can wear any clothing playing on side blufor. Last thing to do: delete the blufor unit that you grouped to.

Fire

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

When you place your playable unit, place a civilian. Then place any blufor unit. Then group your civilian unit to the blufor. You will notice that your "purple" civilian turns "blue". You now have a civilian unit that can wear any clothing playing on side blufor. Last thing to do: delete the blufor unit that you grouped to.

Cool! Thanks a lot man. :)

To Haleks and all modders and content creators... Deathlyrage (also known as Matthew) created the Breaking Point mod for Arma 3. For anyone who is familiar, for five years the BP mod has been one of the highest rated and most played Arma 3 mods. They built quite a community for a long time. They announced today that they are officially closing all the Breaking Point servers and giving the source code for the mod to the public, to use as they see fit.

I'm bringing this information here, because I know we have a lot of content creators and modders. I'm hoping someone can use the source code here to possibly implement the basebuilding systems they used in Breaking Point with Ravage, or maybe even use some of the ideas to mix with Ravage. My favorite Arma map of all time is the New Haven map, which was exclusive to the Breaking Point mod. That map is an apocalypse style map with bridges that have been blown up, farm lands and closed in barricaded towns where it looks like the crap hit the fan, etc.

Regardless... the Breaking Point mod was the most impressive full conversion I've ever seen. Definitely worth sharing this information with everyone!

Here is Deathly's official announcement...
http://www.thezombieinfection.com/topic/35139-open-source-shutdown/
Here is the source code...
https://github.com/deathlyrage/breakingpointmod

• Like 9

6 hours ago, donniepcgames said:

To Haleks and all modders and content creators... Deathlyrage (also known as Matthew) created the Breaking Point mod for Arma 3. For anyone who is familiar, for five years the BP mod has been one of the highest rated and most played Arma 3 mods. They built quite a community for a long time. They announced today that they are officially closing all the Breaking Point servers and giving the source code for the mod to the public, to use as they see fit.

Thanks for the heads up! And nice move from Deathlyrage, I wish him and his team good luck with their standalone project.

I won't be digging through the BP code right now, but some of their assets could quickly find their use in Ravage. In fact I've already started replacing some of the zed anims with a few ones from BP! ;)

• Like 13

Whoa. Really cool of them to release the files and permissions. I know this will take some time so I'm not requesting or anything like that, just curious because I've seen this asked here a lot.

Breaking Point has base building and resource gathering (for base building) right? I've never played BP myself. 

Might be neat if some of you Ravage mission making experts could mess around and see if it plays nicely with this mod. 

• Like 2

Me and a friend are trying to set up a mission for Ravage with persistent character and vehicle saving, but we have run into a bit of a stumbling point. It seems that prior to spawning them, Ravage clears and removes all vehicles on the map, this includes the vehicles we are trying to save. The saving system for characters are based purely on script and nameSpace, but we are using inidb for the vehicles. Does anyone know of a way to prevent Ravage from clearing the vehicles on server start?

We aren't using Ravages persistency system because it kept bugging out - After 5-10 deaths, players that respawned would get sent to a debug area in one of the ocean corners of the map and drown there, with no slution other than resetting the whole mission, player saves and all.

@haleks hey man I think I found a bug, I was making my own multiplayer mission and I placed a sleeping bag down and it doesn't give me a sleep option. I'll try to test it in single-player and see if it works cause usually it does. 

10 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Whoa. Really cool of them to release the files and permissions. I know this will take some time so I'm not requesting or anything like that, just curious because I've seen this asked here a lot.

Breaking Point has base building and resource gathering (for base building) right? I've never played BP myself. 

Might be neat if some of you Ravage mission making experts could mess around and see if it plays nicely with this mod. 

Breaking Point does not only have basebuilding. They have THE BEST basebuilding system in all of Arma, in my opinion. In BP... you can lock and secure buildings that already exist. You can set traps so that if people try to break in they might get blown up. You do have to gather resources in order to be able to make a haven (or base). You have to collect blueprints and specific resources in order to lock the doors. You can also make storage lockers and other things for your base.

This may or may not be compatible with Ravage. I have no idea. Either way... there has to be some good ideas and things to use in that source code though.

I'm waiting for the New Haven map to get released on workshop, which might be a while, but I can't wait regardless. It's my favorite map and I think it will work really well with Ravage.

• Like 2

@Caleblink

No sleep in mp.

@changrey

this setVariable ["rvg_owned", 1];

Place that in vehicles init

Its written elsewhere in this thread also, in case I mis-typed it

Fire

17 hours ago, donniepcgames said:

I'm bringing this information here, because I know we have a lot of content creators and modders. I'm hoping someone can use the source code here to possibly implement the basebuilding systems they used in Breaking Point with Ravage, or maybe even use some of the ideas to mix with Ravage. My favorite Arma map of all time is the New Haven map, which was exclusive to the Breaking Point mod. That map is an apocalypse style map with bridges that have been blown up, farm lands and closed in barricaded towns where it looks like the crap hit the fan, etc.

Regardless... the Breaking Point mod was the most impressive full conversion I've ever seen. Definitely worth sharing this information with everyone!

Here is Deathly's official announcement...
http://www.thezombieinfection.com/topic/35139-open-source-shutdown/
Here is the source code...
https://github.com/deathlyrage/breakingpointmod

Christmas came early this year:eyeheart:

• Like 1

I've always been curious about locking buildings. MCC Sandbox has had door locking and lock picking available for a couple years, just not sure how zombie "agents" would handle locked doors. Probably walk right thru.