haleks i tried your version, but when i spawned a APC the zombies wouldnt hit it. But i found a solution that works for me.
My version for anyone that is interested.

The script:

Spoiler

_pos = _this select 0;

_zed = createAgent [call zedsToSpawn, _pos, [], 300, "NONE"];
    _zed setDir random 359;
    _zed setpos _pos;

sleep 0.1;
    _dead   = 0;    

while {true} do
{

_zedpos    = getpos _zed;
    _getTarget = _zedpos nearEntities [["man","AllVehicles"], 10]; 

for "_i" from 0 to (count _getTarget -1) do 
    {

if ((side (_getTarget select _i)) == west) then {_exlode = "bomb" createVehicle _zedpos; _exlode setDamage 1;_dead = 1;};
        if ((side (_getTarget select _i)) == east) then {_exlode = "bomb" createVehicle _zedpos; _exlode setDamage 1;_dead = 1;};
        if ((side (_getTarget select _i)) == resistance) then {_exlode = "bomb" createVehicle _zedpos; _exlode setDamage 1;_dead = 1;};

};

if (_dead == 1) exitWith {};

if (!alive _zed) exitWith {_exlode = "bomb" createVehicle _zedpos; _exlode setDamage 1;};
    sleep 0.01;

};

Anyone know what the class name would be for a AT missile or small charge? want to balance the explosion.

14 hours ago, FederalRazer89 said:

Anyone know what the class name would be for a AT missile or small charge? want to balance the explosion.

These are some:

"NLAW_F";
"RPG32_F";
"DemoCharge_F";

And this, while outdated, is still pretty useful

https://configs.arma3.ru/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gaverio said:

These are some:

"NLAW_F";
"RPG32_F";
"DemoCharge_F";

And this, while outdated, is still pretty useful

I tried two of them but they didnt detonate and apperntly you cant just take a classname for a munition to create a explosion. Got the "RPG32_F" to work before but sometimes it could fly away if the terrain were slanted. I will balance it at a later date when i tested some more.

• Like 1

Hey @haleks the new jets DLC is out. Would updating Ravage be necessary? Just curious. Also are you planning adding building bases at some point (like dayZ mod had) ? i don't mean to bug ya about it. 

5 minutes ago, Pandemic4444 said:

Hey @haleks the new jets DLC is out. Would updating Ravage be necessary? Just curious. Also are you planning adding building bases at some point (like dayZ mod had) ? i don't mean to bug ya about it. 

I have been scrambling on the internet over the last few months trying to figure out a way to implement some sort of basebuilding system with Ravage. I have found i-build on workshop but I have no idea how to implement it. I have seen the EDN fortification mod, but it's not really what I'm looking for.

The best basebuilding system that I have ever seen for Arma was the Breaking Point basebuilding system. You see... in Breaking Point, you are able to lock and secure buildings that already exist in the game, instead of having to chop trees and make wood and build from the ground up. I always thought that this system made more sense than building from the ground up. If the zombie apocalypse ever did hit, people would secure houses that already exist. They would likely avoid building new houses until society has gotten back together.

• Like 5

If you guys really want base-building right now, why not try ZK's Lost mission, he has updated and modified the original iBuild and implemented it into the Lost mission.

He has also released it as a standalone mod too....ZK's_iBuild

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

If you guys really want base-building right now, why not try ZK's Lost mission, he has updated and modified the original iBuild and implemented it into the Lost mission.

He has also released it as a standalone mod too....ZK's_iBuild

That might actually work. lemme try that and see if i can build or at least secure existing structures. i was editing this military area into my FOB with zeus. kinda fun i guess. 

1 hour ago, donniepcgames said:

I have been scrambling on the internet over the last few months trying to figure out a way to implement some sort of basebuilding system with Ravage. I have found i-build on workshop but I have no idea how to implement it. I have seen the EDN fortification mod, but it's not really what I'm looking for.

The best basebuilding system that I have ever seen for Arma was the Breaking Point basebuilding system. You see... in Breaking Point, you are able to lock and secure buildings that already exist in the game, instead of having to chop trees and make wood and build from the ground up. I always thought that this system made more sense than building from the ground up. If the zombie apocalypse ever did hit, people would secure houses that already exist. They would likely avoid building new houses until society has gotten back together.

yea breaking point was good in that regard of being able to secure existing structures. i liked that.

So I'm trying to make a mission using this on stratis and i'm noticing that outside of the towns and camps no zombies or raiders seem to spawn. I have driven all across the island while testing what i've created so far and have hardly seen anything. i've looked through all the settings in the modules but nothing i've done seems to make a difference while out in the hills. Is there something i'm missing or a way to place a spawn area or something that i can do to get zombs and raiders to spawn more frequently when not in towns.?

Hi, I am trying to use the mod EDN Fortifications in the editor and upon loading the single player editor and I get this error.

[]: 'bin\config.bin/cfgpatches/edn_fortifications/' not an array

I am only asking in this forum because I have noticed others in this forum used the EDN mod.

Also want to ask in regards to this, can anyone who use EDN  please elaborate more for a noob to do some editing.

For missionmakers/modders:
Some interesting variables are:
edn_fortification_array - holds all blueprints (client side, can be different for each client)
edn_fortification_zeus_array - holds all game master objects (server side)

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

8 hours ago, Squirtman said:

So I'm trying to make a mission using this on stratis and i'm noticing that outside of the towns and camps no zombies or raiders seem to spawn. I have driven all across the island while testing what i've created so far and have hardly seen anything. i've looked through all the settings in the modules but nothing i've done seems to make a difference while out in the hills. Is there something i'm missing or a way to place a spawn area or something that i can do to get zombs and raiders to spawn more frequently when not in towns.?

For zombies, set the "Sun Factor" to "No", also wouldn't do any harm increasing the Population limit. 

For AI, increase the "Population Factor" to 2 or 3.

Lastly, on an island like Stratis that doesn't have many buildings or roads, be patient and give the modules time to work, don't expect roaming piles of pus as soon as you hit preview!

8 hours ago, Squirtman said:

I have driven all across the island while testing what i've created so far and have hardly seen anything.

I'd refrain from driving around to test spawn rates, much better to do that on foot.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Squirtman said:

Same for me, All modules in Eden doesn't work for me, there are only me and Altis.

39 minutes ago, OscarH. said:

Same for me, All modules in Eden doesn't work for me, there are only me and Altis.

How strange, I'm using Ravage modules in Eden right now with no problems at all.....

Arma 3 v1.70

Ravage v143

Latest version of CBA.

You guys are running CBA right?

• Like 1

Yeah i'm running CBA. my problem isn't that enemies aren't spawning at all it's that nothing spawns in the hills where there are no buildings which is most of stratis.

Unfortunately, yes, all versions are up to date. I just tried to start over, appeared in a broken truck and the dead man was in shorts, without equipment. I traveled on the map, neither loot nor zombies or renegades, even in garbage can not be looted. Then I tried the modules in other locations and the same thing, the modules do not work. All this happened after the update 1.7.

15 hours ago, Squirtman said:

Yeah i'm running CBA. my problem isn't that enemies aren't spawning at all it's that nothing spawns in the hills where there are no buildings which is most of stratis.

This is simply not true, I ran a test after reading your first post and my reply to that still stands......

On 2017-5-19 at 6:26 AM, Evil Organ said:

For zombies, set the "Sun Factor" to "No", also wouldn't do any harm increasing the Population limit. 

For AI, increase the "Population Factor" to 2 or 3.

Lastly, on an island like Stratis that doesn't have many buildings or roads, be patient and give the modules time to work, don't expect roaming piles of pus as soon as you hit preview!

I'd refrain from driving around to test spawn rates, much better to do that on foot.

14 hours ago, OscarH. said:

Unfortunately, yes, all versions are up to date. I just tried to start over, appeared in a broken truck and the dead man was in shorts, without equipment. I traveled on the map, neither loot nor zombies or renegades, even in garbage can not be looted. Then I tried the modules in other locations and the same thing, the modules do not work. All this happened after the update 1.7.

Mmm......don't take this the wrong way buddy, but either your mod set-up is fubar or your trolling this thread......you gone to the trouble of signing up to the forum to state that Ravage is broken for you with little to no information to back up your claim....help is most definitely here if needed, but give haleks something more to go on.   

For the record folks, Ravage v143 is working just fine after the latest Arma 3 update, just ran another test in the Altis demo mission and it is still golden, as are the modules......all protagonists spawn, loot appears in buildings and junk piles.....etc.etc.etc.etc.

:wave:

• Like 2

I heard you, let's put everything in order. I played in ravage the day before the update 1.7 hit, everything was fine, the next day there was an update 1.7 along with the Jet DLC. After updating the game, I as usually went to ravage and 'bam' version mismatch. Ok, no problem, I understand how the update of games and mods works. I waited a day or two but nothing changed, thats ok, moders need time for updates. I went to Eden, put out the modules and went to test. Unfortunately this and the following tests failed. Then I decided to look for a solution or those who have a similar problem, and this forum seemed to me the most active in ravage comunity. Then I registered and wrote about my problem. After some time, you answered Mr. Evil Organ, then I rechecked the versions of the game and mods, they were all the latest versions, then I decided to start ravage from the beginning and stumbled with a similar problem as in the editor, only without any equipment and weapons (The last one does not bother me, my main problem is modules).
  Next. I understand perfectly well that there can be conflicts between mods. As it seems to me, I assembled a stable build, at least there was no reason to think otherwise. And since I know how ravage and arma in general react to the addition of new mods to the already saved game, after installing ravage, I did not put a single mod in it.
  Next. And what other information do you need? I'm not an IT guy, i don't know where or how to look for logs or something. And why did you think, because I have a new account and no problem which most ravage players have, then I immediately a Troll? I just do not understand what kind of information I can provide more.
  In any case, thanks for your time.

Hello everyone,

I have another problem, but this time its related to the loot. ( Luckily I managed to prevent my character from dying when joining the server, some scripts were messed up)

Since the 1.70 update came in, I was not able to loot some "containers", especially the white ones that spawn mostly in military locations, and the white ones that look like a weapon case (or something like that). Anyone might wanna check it out?

29 minutes ago, UnDeaD. said:

Hello everyone,

I have another problem, but this time its related to the loot. ( Luckily I managed to prevent my character from dying when joining the server, some scripts were messed up)

Since the 1.70 update came in, I was not able to loot some "containers", especially the white ones that spawn mostly in military locations, and the white ones that look like a weapon case (or something like that). Anyone might wanna check it out?

Hi all,

I can agree with this. And I can't loot trash piles, wrecks. I played in-build Ravage Tanoa mission.

13 hours ago, Squirtman said:

Hi,

As you guessed, Ravage looks for buildings to spawn zombies; the zed spawn process also looks for trees around you if you spend too much time away from buildings, but that part needs some improvements (or at least some dedicated settings).

One solution for you, if you want them hills to be populated for sure, is to place zombie horde modules : you can place as many as you want, each with their own settings. Note that in the current version, zombies spawned this way are persistent and won't despawn. It is something that will change for the next update (the module will have a new option).

1 hour ago, UnDeaD. said:

Hello everyone,

That's an issue introduced by the last Arma3 update : those objects used to be configured as containers; they seem to have lost that capacity since the jet DLC.

Best thing to do is to report this, as it will most likely break a lot of scenarios, wether they're related to Ravage or not.

@OscarH. : First time I'm hearing this. :/

Could you post or send me an RPT report next time you try?

15 minutes ago, haleks said:

@OscarH. : First time I'm hearing this. :/

Could you post or send me an RPT report next time you try?

Hi. Ok, so if no one has previously stated this problem, it is most likely a problem is on my part. Let's do so, I'll try to figure it out with my mods, reinstall it, delete it and so on. And if at the end of the end I can not solve the problem myself, I'll write as I have success, ok?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UnDeaD. said:

I reported this the day of the jets release and recieved a message back that they confirmed the problem. I do not have any information as to when it will be fixed but it has been brought to their attention.

@haleks thanks for the info on the horde modules. I didn't try this because you have it listed as disabled in the original post and on armaholic, at least the last time i looked.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

And I can't loot trash piles, wrecks. I played in-build Ravage Tanoa mission.

Static objects (trash piles, wrecks, garbage cans) are set to 0 in the Tanoa demo mission so no loot will spawn in them. :f:

• Like 1

I figured out the problem. Apparently, some mod Conflicted after the upgrade 1.7. Now everything seems to work fine. I want to apologize to Evil Organ and haleks for the time you spent on me.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, OscarH. said:

I figured out the problem. Apparently, some mod Conflicted after the upgrade 1.7. Now everything seems to work fine. I want to apologize to Evil Organ and haleks for the time you spent on me.

I thought it maybe a mod, not all mods work with each other. Also as we have only just had 1.70 released alot of mods will be playing catch up to release updates