xyz

Edited by Willibrox
Complete waste of time when all I wanted was some help

@Willibrox

Ravage is first a framework mod rather than a mission. 

The best to do (in my humble opinion): open the mission you want to play in the EDEN editor, check for the ravage modules, find the one with the factions, give a higher score in the population setting.

Or make your character Zeus, launch the game, have a look around you to see if any friendly survivor (blue if your character is blue, etc.) and TP your character aroudn to check if the recruitement is working correctly.

We will always be pleased to help you, but we need to be sure to understand exactly was your issue is. The most info you can provide us is helpful (main or dev branch, mods, etc...) because Arma modded is quite difficult and sometimes really buggy. 

And we didn't became "experts" (I'm far from being one) without digging, searching and wasting time on trying again and again. You will always find advice here, but you will need to go into the editor at some stage to help yourself. 

• Like 2

@Willibrox.....Am i missing out on something here, you quoted me in your post but now your post has been edited....what's up bro'?

• Like 1

That weird error again... T_T

I'll take a look! I'm slowly coming back from a wee break from Arma, and resumed work on the next update. ;)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, haleks said:

That weird error again... T_T

I'll take a look! I'm slowly coming back from a wee break from Arma, and resumed work on the next update. ;)

I got this error while opening an old version of The Escape Altis or Tanoa cant remember atm, never seen it on my missions or on my test runs so far tbh.

• Like 1

Salutations to all ! :)

What does this folder ( Ravage.Altis ) mean from the latest Ravage download file ( Ravage v0143 \ optionals \ missions \ Ravage.Altis ) ?

Does this folder must be place in the ( game directory > Missions ) folder ?

I am wondering why there is a "Ravage.Altis" mission folder where it is already implemented in the addon which is the Ravage Altis scenario mission. Does this mean there are new stuffs in it ?

I am asking this because there are no information about the optional folders on why they should be installed if only the player wants it to install.

thx

@Tachyon : It is an editor-ready folder, for those who would like to edit the "official" demo missions - although those mission folders might be slightly out-of-date.

Move them to "my documents > Arma3 > missions" if you want to open those in Eden.

• Like 1

Is it possible to create a gear set that limits available options to only what you've selected? Like, if I set the gear pool to RHS, I'll still occasionally see spawned AI use vanilla uniforms.

Is it possible to create a gear set that limits available options to only what you've selected? Like, if I set the gear pool to RHS, I'll still occasionally see spawned AI use vanilla uniforms.

I believe that's in the "loot module" or "equipment pool" you can allow certain gear and set vanilla loot to "low" setting if you like.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Salutations to all !

@Jimmakos

These script errors are from your "Ravage DayZ on Esseker" and it does not disappear from the screen except when I pause the game.

Does anyone know if these errors causing from a mod or are only from ( Ravage DayZ on Esseker ) ? But when I play @haleks's ( Ravage ) these errors does not appear.

zxgdbe.png

thx

@Tachon.

Normally when I see this error its because the radius for findSafePosition is set outside of the actual map area. I don't know if this is the case with your issue. It would be caused by a setting in the script.

I typically end up with this in my rpt file until I fix it:

if ((_pos distance _testPos) >= _minDist) the>
18:50:04   Error position: <_pos distance _testPos) >= _minDist) the>
18:50:04   Error Undefined variable in expression: _pos
18:50:04 File A3\functions_f\misc\fn_findSafePos.sqf, line 98
18:50:04 Error in expression <["_newX", "_newY", "_testPos"];
_newX = _posX + (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * >
18:50:04   Error position: <_posX + (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * >
18:50:04   Error Undefined variable in expression: _posx
18:50:04 File A3\functions_f\misc\fn_findSafePos.sqf, line 90
18:50:04 Error in expression < BIS_fnc_isPosBlacklisted)) then
{
{
{

....Lather, Rinse, Repeat...

or I could just be wrong about the whole thing. :dozingoff:

Fire

Update - Ravage mod Utube Fans Channel

Its that time again, heres whats new on the fans channel:

Added to Gameplay Clips:

• Arma 3 Ravage mod - A light intro
  • Ravage Missions: Bad Intel Blues

• Arma 3 - Ravage [fr] Test en bleu

• Arma 3 Ravage Helvantis ep.1 - Opening Title

• Arma3 Ravage | The beginning

Added to Gameplay Previews

• Feng Tries... Ravage Mod (ArmA 3) 1/2
  • Feng Tries... Ravage Mod (ArmA 3) 2/2
  • Arma 3 -Ravage [fr] Un début laborieux.
  • Ravage Altis - ARMA 3

• ARMA 3 mode de Survie - Ravage in Altis

• Arma 3 - Ravage [fr] Quand on arrive (presque) en ville

• Test Vidéo Arma 3 Zed

Added to Mini Episodes

• Arma 3 - December in Thirsk (SP/Ravage Mod)
  • Arma 3 - Wandering Stratis (SP/Ravage Mod)
  • Arma 3 Ravage Helvantis ep.1 [ 60fps / 1440p / Eng Hard Sub / No Voice ] A Sudden First Battle

• Ravage Missions: DayZ on Tanoa

• BERPETUALANG SEMBARI MEMUNGUT! XD ArmA 3 Apex Ravage Mod

• Arma 3 - Ravage [fr] Toute sortie est définitive.

Added to Full Playthroughs

• Ravage Missions: Last Days Reboot
  • Darksushi

• Arma 3 - To Live and Die in Tanoa (SP/Ravage Mod)

Other news pertaining to Ravage:

Mod

For those fans of Ravage, if you haven't already seen it, there is a mod being built for Ravage by

myself called RavWarMod, see the WIP thread for details:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/201699-wip-ravwarmod/

Sorry to say the mod is currently on hold as im taking a long break from Arma.

Ravage Fans Channel

Currently subscribers to the channel is at 103

which has increased in 2 weeks from 95!

====================

If I have missed any videos not listed in the playlists above please send me a pm and let me know, I will add it asap!

Next update will be in 2 weeks when more vids are out!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tachyon. said:

How did you fix it? :)

I have no idea what your scripting knowledge is, but essentially you would have to look at the scripts that the writer is running that function on and check the map center and radius and adjust one or both if they extend beyond the map limits.

Thats even if this is what the problem is.

You would probably have the most luck by contacting the person who wrote the mission and ask him/her directly.

Fire

Hi guys, can someone tell me what loot script should I use if I want to have things, like weapons etc. from additional mods (not supported by Ravage) to be spawned?
I used script made by bangabob (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25668), but it doesn't work.

Sorry for bad english, hope you understand me :D

@Chudlik Unpack your ravage.pbo and find Lootlists.sqf

\ravage\code\rvgLoot\Lootlists.sqf

And add the new items in there. Just make sure you put them in the right spot and use the right item names. What I do is when your in the editor go into a soldiers loadout and empty him. Place an item you want in his inventory, he will need a uniform or something. Click export and copy it into you text editor and find the item name.

@haleks I have a question I think you may be able to answer coz I cant figure it out. I downloaded panda nuke mode for my mission. When it goes off your modules kicks in. I got everything working well except the vehicle spawns. I cant figure out how to start them with a condition like your ambient AI/zombie modules. Either they are there all the time or not at all. Any help would be great full.

Another question would it be possible to swap out the Panda nuke radiation with the Radiation form your mod? If so how could I manage that?

Thank you and I love this mod best I've found to date. First one I downloaded. 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:46 PM, Proj.D BetaT_GC said:

Hay Haleks, thanks for the awesome gameplay called Ravage its completly Savage, but i do have a question, after getting my RHS mods and all and opening a Ravage Tonoa gameply i started getting alot of extra things, that are kind off useliss, i got my ravage tonoa from the Ravage folder itself, the apex file inside Ravage, now i have a problem, i get bandages, morphine, saline bags, bloodbags, earplugs, even a banana, guns jam and are useliss, now my problem is i cant use any of the mentioned items, double clicking or triple clicking doesnt work or help, there is no first aid kits so i am completly screwed, earplugs dont work when i fire a big gun i go death for like 10 minutes in game, when my gun jamms, how do i unjam it? there is no gun cleaning kits or button to unjam it? maybe im just a moron or missed a mod somehwere along the line. My mods are.. "CBA_A3".."ACE".."Ravage Apex".."RHS AFRF & USF".."XLA fixed Arsenal v3.1.1 those are the mods i play with, first i though i might be missing a mod, so i went looking on arma 3 workshop and found a mod called Heros survive, i use it on another scenario that i play aswell now, and it works great, can use bloodbags and everything, but i loaded it with my Ravage in hopes it will help me be able to use the things on my tonoa, but in vein it stil does not work, if there is anything im missing, please let me know, any and all help will be highly apreciated. thanks again for the amazing gameplay called RAVAGE

I see no one has answered you so if you havnt figured it out ill see if I can help.

It sounds like you went through the same thing I did. You have ACE mod. So you need to open up the ACE self interaction menu to use your Health, Earplugs and Unjam your weapons. ACE breaks the first aid kits up into bandages and morphine.

You even use it to place explosives and to trigger them.

Hope that helps.

11 hours ago, Chris Smith said:

@Chudlik Unpack your ravage.pbo and find Lootlists.sqf

\ravage\code\rvgLoot\Lootlists.sqf

And add the new items in there. Just make sure you put them in the right spot and use the right item names. What I do is when your in the editor go into a soldiers loadout and empty him. Place an item you want in his inventory, he will need a uniform or something. Click export and copy it into you text editor and find the item name.

@haleks I have a question I think you may be able to answer coz I cant figure it out. I downloaded panda nuke mode for my mission. When it goes off your modules kicks in. I got everything working well except the vehicle spawns. I cant figure out how to start them with a condition like your ambient AI/zombie modules. Either they are there all the time or not at all. Any help would be great full.

Another question would it be possible to swap out the Panda nuke radiation with the Radiation form your mod? If so how could I manage that?

Thank you and I love this mod best I've found to date. First one I downloaded. 

Thank you so much!

@haleks

I have suggestion to add to your already growing wish list :-)

Chance of infection from zombie interaction; similar effect to that when players are exposed to radiation (radiation zones), different disease types contracted have to be researched by drawing blood from dead zombies & infected player then researched using specialized medical tool to craft medicine needed to treat infections or diseases. Depending on the disease, different diseases have different cure rates. Some of the items needed to create the solution rarer than others; while some of the other items can be harvest from specific tree leaves available in the open world. Consuming or applying the wrong solution could worsen condition or lead to death.

Probably requires some work to achieve this maybe some preparation first but I wanted to share to see if it is of interest..

Open Chernarus Project &  JBAD buildings classnames as of the latest uploaded version:

//OCP
"Land_d_dom01"
"Land_d_dom02"
"Land_d_HouseV_1L1"
"Land_d_HouseV_1L2"
"Land_d_HouseV_1t"
"Land_d_HouseV_2I"
"Land_d_HouseV_2L"
"Land_d_HouseV_2t1"
"Land_d_HouseV_2t2"
"Land_d_HouseV_3I1"
"Land_d_HouseV_3I2"
"Land_d_HouseV_3I3"
"Land_d_HouseV_3I4"
//JBAD
"Land_Jbad_A_Stationhouse"
"Land_jbad_hangar_withdoor"
"Land_Jbad_Mil_House"
"Land_Jbad_Mil_Guardhouse"
"Land_Jbad_Mil_ControlTower"

I need help i download and play it and i get in it say badversion for some items how i fix this ?

I need help i download and play it and i get in it say badversion for some items how i fix this ?

Please be more specific about your error. But seems your Arma 3 is not the latest version.

9 hours ago, CrossGTX said:

Please be more specific about your error. But seems your Arma 3 is not the latest version.

Thank you