8 minutes ago, zuzul said:

Could you try with cba 3.2.1 and ravage 1.4.2 if you don't mind? 

Maybe I was wrong and this was linked to the last ravage update.

Working on it....

• Like 1

Nope..still spawning Zubrs & PDWs.Until I find a solution gonna try another loot system.Have had to rely on it b4 although not as stable as Haleks.

1 minute ago, miasdad said:

Nope..still spawning Zubrs & PDWs.Until I find a solution gonna try another loot system.Have had to rely on it b4 although not as stable as Haleks.

This strange.

I cannot do tests tonight but I will have a look soon.

I had someone reply to one of my missions that they were getting this error code

Vehicle class Ravage_ai no longer exists

Anyone know why this might be?

GF4n8Ee.jpgHey Haleks

Thought id put an idea out there i was thinking about

Maybe it would be possible to create a Ravage base building system using some way of tweaking the MCC Zues system. You could make the MCC axe part of the loot table, or maybe only on bandits sometimes, and then have a wood processing system where u cut down trees, maybe not falling trees at first even, but be able to have that create wood inside the inventory instantly or eventually maybe needed to be picked from the ground after a click with axe in hand or eventually a swing of an axe into the tree. Then you click that wood and it brings you into the MCC Zues system but with limited selection. In the MCC Zues there are some nice items that fit right into the ambiance of Ravage, stuff like wood pallets , some of the shoot house walls, which i use to board up windows, fires aswell, you probably catch my drift , it has every item in game . But its sorta too god like to be able to use the entire MCC zues selection from 10 stacks of wood say. So a system where it tallies the amount of wood you have and it increases the final item selection pool for building. 

Above is a picture taken while playing "Ravage-A Mission" which uses your mod as a platform, and is an example of just a little shack ready to survive a night of zombie attacks , thanks to MCC. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Stevetibb95 said:

Hey Haleks

Thought id put an idea out there i was thinking about

Maybe it would be possible to create a Ravage base building system using some way of tweaking the MCC Zues system. You could make the MCC axe part of the loot table, or maybe only on bandits sometimes, and then have a wood processing system where u cut down trees, maybe not falling trees at first even, but be able to have that create wood inside the inventory instantly or eventually maybe needed to be picked from the ground after a click with axe in hand or eventually a swing of an axe into the tree. Then you click that wood and it brings you into the MCC Zues system but with limited selection. In the MCC Zues there are some nice items that fit right into the ambiance of Ravage, stuff like wood pallets , some of the shoot house walls, which i use to board up windows, fires aswell, you probably catch my drift , it has every item in game . But its sorta too god like to be able to use the entire MCC zues selection from 10 stacks of wood say. So a system where it tallies the amount of wood you have and it increases the final item selection pool for building. 

Above is a picture taken while playing "Ravage-A Mission" which uses your mod as a platform, and is an example of just a little shack ready to survive a night of zombie attacks , thanks to MCC. 

Good idea, but while the game is still co-op and non persistent world its pointless to build bases; I dont think it would immediate value to the game. On the other hand If it was open world multiplayer game with persistent bases and vehicles then I would say YES! 

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images as per the forum rules!
  • Like 2

Dear Ravage fans,

I found an ugly way to create a Zombie BlackList Zone until Haleks provides us a correction about this module.

This is far from perfect, dirty as hell, and I'm sure you will find better way to do it; please share if you do so!

Zombie Blacklist (sortof) by trigger

1- create a marker (by example an invisible helipad), name it as you want (in this example safeBase) and put in in the middle of your blacklist Zone

2- create a trigger, activation bluefor present, set it as repetable. Make the trigger size bigger than the number in the code below (by example 150*150).

3- in the "on activation field" of the trigger, put this:

{if ((isAgent _x) && (agent _x distance safeBase <100)) then {deleteVehicle agent _x;};} forEach agents

What it will do:

each time a bluefor is entering the trigger, it will delete all zombies around the marker safeBase on a perimeter of 100 meters. 

I'm sure a better way can be done, but it took me to much time yesterday night to solve this, so I let you continue. 

Cheers,

Zuzul

7 minutes ago, zuzul said:

Dear Ravage fans,

I found an ugly way to create a Zombie BlackList Zone until Haleks provides us a correction about this module.

This is far from perfect, dirty as hell, and I'm sure you will find better way to do it; please share if you do so!

Zombie Blacklist (sortof) by trigger

1- create a marker (by example an invisible helipad), name it as you want (in this example safeBase) and put in in the middle of your blacklist Zone

2- create a trigger, activation bluefor present, set it as repetable. Make the trigger size bigger than the number in the code below (by example 150*150).

3- in the "on activation field" of the trigger, put this:

{if ((isAgent _x) && (agent _x distance safeBase <100)) then {deleteVehicle agent _x;};} forEach agents

What it will do:

each time a bluefor is entering the trigger, it will delete all zombies around the marker safeBase on a perimeter of 100 meters. 

I'm sure a better way can be done, but it took me to much time yesterday night to solve this, so I let you continue. 

Cheers,

Zuzul

Haleks used to provide a trigger for blacklisting zombies before introducing the module, tell you the truth no one really get into testing it, so this way might still work as well. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

Haleks used to provide a trigger for blacklisting zombies before introducing the module, tell you the truth no one really get into testing it, so this way might still work as well. 

Where is the facepalm button? I may have spend several hours for mothing....

Can I find the code of this trigger inside this thread?

Edit few minutes later: nothing found in the thread with the keyword blacklist. Any tips welcomed.

Hope its ok to Put this here.

Playtesting at the moment. Have to say using the editor is possibly more fun than playing Arma. Playing Ravage however is most definitely better ;]

Bad luck blues an objective based Ravage scenario

Thanks to Kodabar for his help and of course Haleks.

• Like 3

On 3/3/2017 at 10:02 AM, zuzul said:

Where is the facepalm button? I may have spend several hours for mothing....

Can I find the code of this trigger inside this thread?

Edit few minutes later: nothing found in the thread with the keyword blacklist. Any tips welcomed.

I've looked today but sadly I was unable to find the trigger on any of my old missions, you either have to wait for the hotfix or might haleks can provide you those info which they might work or don't like the module atm. 

As far as I remember it was setted as anybody, present, (vehicle player) in thislist, call the function something like fn_zed_blacklist, and on activation was something like spawn zeds = false. 

Sadly all these comes from my head so they are definitely wrong. 

• Like 1

Hello again. Can someone explain how petrol stations work? Some auto refuel the vehicle. Others you have to hose the fuel and it has like 5 litres of fuel.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@zuzul and Jim....here is a zedBlacklst trigger from the latest Altis demo mission (v143)  http://imgur.com/J47N12U

edit......If player is playing as BLUFOR, trigger activation should be set to BLUFOR, if player is playing as Independent, trigger activation should be set to Independent, or whatever suits your needs....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrossGTX said:

Hello again. Can someone explain how petrol stations work? Some auto refuel the vehicle. Others you have to hose the fuel and it has like 5 litres of fuel.

By default, petrol stations are the hose and jerry can kind. In some missions (especially where they're using CUP) they have the auto-refuel stations. So it'll vary according to which mission you play, who wrote it and what other mods they're using.

• Like 1

By default, petrol stations are the hose and jerry can kind. In some missions (especially where they're using CUP) they have the auto-refuel stations. So it'll vary according to which mission you play, who wrote it and what other mods they're using.

I see your point. However I just created vanilla ravage with cba and enhanced movement on Tanoa. And it seems that fuel stations (big ones) with asphalt are auto refueling. The smaller ones (usually on dirt) do not. I'm just trying to find some logic in it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

@zuzul and Jim....here is a zedBlacklst trigger from the latest Altis demo mission (v143)  http://imgur.com/J47N12U

edit......If player is playing as BLUFOR, trigger activation should be set to BLUFOR, if player is playing as Independent, trigger activation should be set to Independent, or whatever suits your needs....

I used to use that trigger in a clever manner in the past. I setting that on a camp, like a bandits stronghold, with independent units present, so trigger's activation used to be with indep units present. Once player were reaching that place, of course zombies wouldn't spawn because indep ai where there as well, and clearing up that base, leaving the area and coming back zombies would spawn normal as the trigger conditions wouldn't met, so looking like it was an abandoned place after all. 

It's something that I can't do with the module though.

1 hour ago, CrossGTX said:

However I just created vanilla ravage with cba and enhanced movement on Tanoa. And it seems that fuel stations (big ones) with asphalt are auto refueling. The smaller ones (usually on dirt) do not.

Oh wow, well that's outside of my expectations. This is obviously much more convoluted than I thought. I'm going to have to ponder the logic of this one too.

I thought it was an ArmA 2 behaviour that was carried over for some maps, but with Tanoa doing it too, then I have no idea. ArmA logic, eh?

15 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Ok. I was thinking the fnc_blacklist was broken. I will test this function (and the radiation free one) as soon as possible.

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zuzul said:

Ok. I was thinking the fnc_blacklist was broken. I will test this function (and the radiation free one) as soon as possible.

Thanks guys.

I haven't tested that trigger with radiations, but for a zombie free zone....it's golden. :f:

Sadly it seems that the fnc_blackList is broken (maybe more tests are needed). So my poor workaround will do the job and maybe someone can improve it.

I'll check for the rad asap.

2 hours ago, zuzul said:

Sadly it seems that the fnc_blackList is broken (maybe more tests are needed). So my poor workaround will do the job and maybe someone can improve it.

I'll check for the rad asap.

So you can't create a zombie free zone with the aforementioned trigger?

zedBlacklist function is not broken.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

zedBlacklist function is not broken.

Thanks for this.

• Like 2

Hi All

Firstly Great work on the New Update Haleks, top Job M8.

Secondly. I'm creating a mission with trader city's and other cool features but I was curious if Arma's in-built CorpseBodyManager would overwrite Ravage's? Cus I wan't a 4 minuet timer on body de-spawns like the code below:

corpseLimit = 2;
corpseRemovalMinTime = 30;
corpseRemovalMaxTime = 240; 

Would That Work?