Update - Ravage mod Utube Fans Channel

Its time for an update:

Added to Mini Episodes

• Arma 3 - December in Thirsk (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 - Wandering Stratis (SP/Ravage Mod)

• Arma 3 Ravage Helvantis ep.1 [ 60fps / 1440p / Eng Hard Sub / NoVoice ] A Sudden First Battle

Added Gameplay Clips

• Ravage: The new Exile? (Arma 3)

• Arma 3: Ravage Mod (Chernarus Winter) - Episode 1

• Ravage MP Zombies everywhere! Run!

Added Gameplay Previews

• Ravage Altis - ARMA 3

• ARMA 3 mode de Survie - Ravage in Altis

• Arma 3 - Ravage [fr] Quand on arrive (presque) en ville

Added Full Episodes

• Arma 3: Altis Ravage Part 1 "The Beginning of the End"
  • 아르마3 싱글생존 Ravage #1

• 아르마3 싱글생존 Ravage #2

Added Full Playthroughs

• Ravage Missions: Last Days Reboot

• Darksushi

Added How to videos

• Arma 3 Tutorial – Ravage Mod

Other news pertaining to Ravage:

For those fans of Ravage, if you haven't already seen it, there is a mod being built for Ravage by

myself called RavWarMod, see the WIP thread for details:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/201699-wip-ravwarmod/

Currently subscribers to the channel is at 95

Next update will be in 2 weeks when more vids are out!

• Like 3

Does anyone happen to remember the randomization code between the "rvg_arms_s" and/or "rvg_supplies_s" traders? search history doesn't really help.

7 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

Does anyone happen to remember the randomization code between the "rvg_arms_s" and/or "rvg_supplies_s" traders? search history doesn't really help.

Is this what your looking for....

"this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]"
"this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true]"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Is this what your looking for....

"this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_supplies_s", true]"
"this setVariable ["isTrader", "rvg_arms_s", true]"

Nope, sadly this is not the code that selectRandom.

11 minutes ago, Jimmakos said:

Nope, sadly this is not the code that selectRandom.

Ach, sorry man i guess i misunderstood your request.....haleks, where are you.....:help:

12 hours ago, Pandemic4444 said:

Dang, i havent been here in a while and ravage is up to 1.43? last i played it was on 1.39. im excited to try this out again. However i seem to be having a weird microstutter in game. it drops from around 60-70fps (res is 3840x2160) to around 30 (sometimes lower) and that's enough to cause momentary lag/microstutter and i can't figure out why! gonna give the game a re-install and see what that does cause i think ive tried everything else.

I'm noticing some micro-stutter too. It seems to be caused by assets spawning in, which is new to me with Ravage. I could always post a simple mission (really simple) that's demonstrating this on Esseker if it would help anyone.

• Like 1

Haleks, would it be ok for me to try and find out a way to incorporate the food items from WarfareThai into ravage? I suppose I could try figuring it out myself for a bit. The WThai items have functions that clash with Ravage's things, but either I can try finding a way to undo these functions. I don't think creating new items in Ravage's .pbo with their assets would be 'legal', unless I can find anything that says otherwise in WThai's permissions (which unfortunately, is in Thai.)

I don't think getting the items to spawn would be the issue (just adding them into the proper gearpool list would be sufficient), but I was thinking perhaps adding a debuff to WThai's food items would be a workaround...

Edited by Hauptmann_Gondola

Haleks and/or others:

We've been having good luck getting magazines off of dead AI up until today. As of today, its been difficult getting magazines off of dead AI. Seems to be only mags. And seems to be only uniforms and vests causing the issue.

Wanted to post this in case its related to the CBA debacle.

I've only been playing the included Altis mission, had a question on Zombies spawning out of nowhere and in huge numbers after shots are fired.  Is that planned behavior?   When I start out and kill the first raiders who show up it usually results in ~48 zombies spawning.  Too many to deal with in a hurry.  Raider gunshots have the same effect, and screw things up even when I try to play sneaky.

Postmortem view of the behavior, with a raider shooting zombies.

https://youtu.be/SdIKP21wK5g

Edited by HyperU22

13 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I'm noticing some micro-stutter too. It seems to be caused by assets spawning in, which is new to me with Ravage. I could always post a simple mission (really simple) that's demonstrating this on Esseker if it would help anyone.

well my micro-stutter is in the whole game. single player and multi. no idea why and i havent been having the issue b4. :p:thud:

9 hours ago, FireWalker said:

Haleks and/or others:

We've been having good luck getting magazines off of dead AI up until today. As of today, its been difficult getting magazines off of dead AI. Seems to be only mags. And seems to be only uniforms and vests causing the issue.

Wanted to post this in case its related to the CBA debacle.

Have you tried with an old version of CBA?

I'm using the 0 = [this] call rvg_fnc_equip;  on my init file of some NPC, but it does not take account of the rvg_vanillaLimited = true;

If I'm trying to put the rvg_vanillaLimited variable somewhere else in the init field of an unit or in another script, it seems not to work. 

Any idea how I can pass this variable value to an unit? 

5 hours ago, zuzul said:

Have you tried with an old version of CBA?

I had left the older version of CBA on the server, but the newer version on the client. I'll put the older version on client now and retest for awhile and see if it clears up.

My guess is that according to this :   https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/pull/602    there should be a hotfix inbound.

EDIT:

Ok, so I've run MP for 1.5 hours with using CBA_A3_v3.1.2.161105 on both the server and the client and have had no issues getting gear off AI (so far).  Last night it was constant. (pretty much every time)

Hi guys!

Viper Maul being on vacation, CBA won't be updated before a week; I am going to wait for the next CBA update and try to release a hotfix for Ravage then.

Regarding recent feedback :

- Micro-stuttering could be caused by the new zed spawn process, wich is more "aggressive" now. I will most likely add failsafes to prevent unnecessary spawns.

An easy way to confirm this (if you're experiencing stuttering) is to remove all zed modules and see if it happens still.

Thanks HyperU22 for the video by the way.

@Jimmakos : Is this what you're looking for?

this setVariable ["isTrader", selectRandom ["rvg_supplies_s", "rvg_arms_s"], true]

Keep reporting any issues you may find; I may not be very present on the forums at the moment but I try to keep on eye on everyone's suggestions and feedbacks. ;)

• Like 6

Thanks haleks!

For info, the restricted vanilla content option is not working since the last CBA module: we found more Vanilla content in the loot than before. Maybe have both client and server rollback to previous CBA version will solve this, I'll give it a try soon. 

47 minutes ago, zuzul said:

Thanks haleks!

For info, the restricted vanilla content option is not working since the last CBA module: we found more Vanilla content in the loot than before. Maybe have both client and server rollback to previous CBA version will solve this, I'll give it a try soon. 

I would suggest not using different versions of any mod between server and client as this normally causes all sorts of unforeseen issues. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

I would suggest not using different versions of any mod between server and client as this normally causes all sorts of unforeseen issues. 

This are wise words!

Haleks: for the safe zone and blacklist modules, can we help fixing it?

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me asking, but if I wanted to add an image to an intel file, like say a drawing I made in MS Paint, how would I go about getting the file to use it? I know the script for it, I think it was in another thread that Jimmakos posted in (thanks man) and every time I try to use it, it gives me a Cannot load Mipmap error with a reference to the path to the file that the image is located in. I converted the .JPG file to a .PPA by just replacing JPG with PPA in the name, but I'm wondering if I need to use a tool or something instead? Or does the file need to be loaded from the HDD that ArmA is installed on?

I apologise in advance, it's a completely noob question I'm sure, I'm just having some difficulty and a Google search didn't reveal that much (that I understood anyway lol).

1 hour ago, ContheJon said:

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me asking, but if I wanted to add an image to an intel file, like say a drawing I made in MS Paint, how would I go about getting the file to use it? I know the script for it, I think it was in another thread that Jimmakos posted in (thanks man) and every time I try to use it, it gives me a Cannot load Mipmap error with a reference to the path to the file that the image is located in. I converted the .JPG file to a .PPA by just replacing JPG with PPA in the name, but I'm wondering if I need to use a tool or something instead? Or does the file need to be loaded from the HDD that ArmA is installed on?

I apologise in advance, it's a completely noob question I'm sure, I'm just having some difficulty and a Google search didn't reveal that much (that I understood anyway lol).

Install texview2 in bi tools 2.5 https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5 which will enable you to convert png to paa for example as well as view images. Then just google convert to paa for example. Hope it gets you started. :f:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, law-giver said:

Install texview2 in bi tools 2.5 https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5 which will enable you to convert png to paa for example as well as view images. Then just google convert to paa for example. Hope it gets you started. :f:

Tried looking for the download link for subscribe button but cannot find it?
Were is it?

Thx

2 hours ago, Mordacai said:

Tried looking for the download link for subscribe button but cannot find it?
Were is it?

Thx

On your Steam Library go to tools and from there download the Arma 3 tools.

Last part of your first evening on Ravage 0142 available here.

This was so messy and so awesome. The new videos I've made on Ravage 0143 are not ready to be put on youtube, but will do.

Really Ravage is the best mod I've ever played on Arma. I can't wait to see what will happen!

I'm keeping on upgrading the map with additionnal content outside ravage to create the best mission to fit our needs. 

Now I'm asking if it would be possible to give a post apo mood to the town: garbage on the street, some building partially or completly destroyed... My first guess is that it will take too much CPU usage to spawn so many objects. Do you think a caching system can be used? Is it worth looking for something like this? 

• Like 1

@zuzul For my mission I had random trash, wrecked vehicles and such on a multiple city-wide scale, so it is possible, just make sure to make everything a simple object/ disable simulation to help with FPS. Also depends on your zombie/AI count- mine was more medium/low, so if you have large hordes of AI in the city then you will probably see a greater FPS hit than without the trash. 

• Like 1