It is an MP mission for a few guys I know. Nothing widescale!

I already know how to us the ryan zombie modules. i won't be using the zeds from ravage if I use ryans zombies. Ideally I want to use just ravage. If I can't find a way then I will just use ravage ambient ai module and ryans zombies module. I won't be using the ravage zombie module. 

How do I change the max amounts with triggers then?

I still can't get over how amazing this mod has been. I've been spending all day and night just to see if there was a way I could get loot and and vehicles I've found to save with me as well. Haleks, any news with that? Should I be able to do that already or am I messed up? Also, I don't know if it's just me, but I can't get tents and sleeping bags to work. Im only using CUP everything, ace, Ravage,bloodlust, and Sanchez Headgore. 

Also, I just wanted to share my experience last night.

My friend and I were roaming through Altis. I got out of our truck to siphon fuel from a random car on the road with no wheels. My friend drove up the road a bit and got WIPED OUT by two raiders in technicals with 50 cals. I flanked the trucks on the side of a hill and killed the raiders with two frags. After my friend re spawned, we go to work trying to fix our vehicle which was disabled from the two 50 cals. While scavenging the vehicle for parts, ANOTHER group of raiders on foot comes by. We take them out. ANOTHER raider shows up, FRAGS our newly fixed vehicle. We were properly fucked then. It was night time. More and more zeds were coming out. Another group of raiders ambushed us while running through a town, looking for shelter. 

Absolutely amazing. If anybody finds a way to get their loot and vehicles to save, please let me know. 

• Like 2

I'm about to try and use Heroes Survive for survival and persistence. I heard that it crashes after too many saves, but I'd like to test that myself. Anybody have any experience combing Ravage and Heroes Survive? My idea is to use Ravage ai, zeds, loot, atmosphere, vehicles, and weather. Then, I would use Heroes for the survival and persistence. I'll report back.

Zuzul and Gwiddick, I was checking out Exile for my needs, but honestly, it's just two much work when I'm only doing for 4 players max lol. 

16 hours ago, gwiddik said:

No, they are definitely no incompatible. As long as you do not use the Ravage loot-system (which is not working along with Exile) everything should be fine.

To give you at least a little push in the right direction :

1. Set up Exile as described
2. Add all scripts/mods/addons for and to Exile

3. Test the hell out of it.

If everything is running as planned/intended then proceed to step 4. ;)

4. Add the needed Ravage modules 
5. Do a LOT of balancing. Especially if you are planning to use any AI addons like Exile Occupation and/or Exile DMS along with the Ravage AI module (Humans). If you don't balance it, there will be major performance issues and the chance to become overrunned by enemy AI. 

I can confirm it does work with exile with no problems, like you said. I would love to add Ravage loot in instead but it does not work with exile, are you calling AI and zombies modules from mission.sqm or do you call it as a function in init file?

6 hours ago, NecroBarl said:

I'm about to try and use Heroes Survive for survival and persistence. I heard that it crashes after too many saves, but I'd like to test that myself. Anybody have any experience combing Ravage and Heroes Survive? My idea is to use Ravage ai, zeds, loot, atmosphere, vehicles, and weather. Then, I would use Heroes for the survival and persistence. I'll report back.

Zuzul and Gwiddick, I was checking out Exile for my needs, but honestly, it's just two much work when I'm only doing for 4 players max lol. 

Just use exile with it, it should do what you need. you will have to use exile loot though.

6 hours ago, AggrOnline said:

Are you calling AI and zombies modules from mission.sqm or do you call it as a function in init file?

I'm using the modules...was not aware that it is possible to call that stuff via script.

Oh my god I love the Arma community so much right now! I just figured out how to make intel items readable, plus you can pick them up and take them with you. Here's a link if anyone wants to look: 

That means I can actually add stories and background lore to my missions for players to pick up, assuming the intel items work or don't disappear for whatever reason (they shouldn't right?)

• Like 1

i found this out the other day as well. i have been implementing a story based idea for my mission. I don't like the objectives popping up on screen all the time, so the player basically has one main objective that they see in the brief but gathering Intel is part of that objective, so, I created a paper trial in the mission. The rest is up to the player. The mission will not be 100% complete unless the paper trial is followed and the hints and clues are worked out amongst the team.

still trying to work out the using triggers for the zeds though Haleks. If you can help me out that would be great. Other wise I might have to use ryans zombies, just for the zeds that is.

• Like 1

@Haleks,

I hate to ask you for more things when I know you're trying to catch a breather from this, but would it be possible to add a toggle or toggles in the settings module to turn lights on in the towns, etc.

If thats not simple to include, what about a script that could be run to turn them back on after the mission loads?  Like maybe " sleep 10; "   then run the script?

I know the lighting defeats the "reality" of a nuclear apocalypse, but sometimes that lighting adds its own ambiance at night.

I think it would be cool with modules that can actually be placed in the areas that I would want lighting with settings for radius. (or maybe use markers that the script turns on that area) So some areas of the map could be completely blacked out still. More loot, and harder enemies in some places...

Not a big deal either way,

Let me know,

Fire

6 hours ago, spookygnu said:

i found this out the other day as well. i have been implementing a story based idea for my mission. I don't like the objectives popping up on screen all the time, so the player basically has one main objective that they see in the brief but gathering Intel is part of that objective, so, I created a paper trial in the mission. The rest is up to the player. The mission will not be 100% complete unless the paper trial is followed and the hints and clues are worked out amongst the team.

still trying to work out the using triggers for the zeds though Haleks. If you can help me out that would be great. Other wise I might have to use ryans zombies, just for the zeds that is.

OK all you have to do is place some zombies, a trigger (activated by blufor) link the zombies to the trigger. I think that is all you have to do. I have done this with AI camps, that way they only show up when the player is within the activation range.

• Like 1

Aaaahhh. Never even thought about doing that. I've seen the zombie units in the editor aswell. Can't believe i let that slip from my thought process. 

I feel so stupid. Lol! 

Thanks mate.

how i can turn GPS on? (mini-map is working, but map-texture is not working), or it's a mod bug?

i'm working on a mission.

28 minutes ago, ponycyclone said:

how i can turn GPS on? (mini-map is working, but map-texture is not working), or it's a mod bug?

i'm working on a mission.

I think its turned off by default, as the mod is a survival mod set in post-apocalyptic world.

i found answer, it was this code in the config.cpp :

class controlsBackground
    {
        class CA_Map: RscMapControl
        {
            maxSatelliteAlpha=0;
        };
    };

love the mod, but sometimes it feels like it turns off too many game features (i understand the lore thing though)

On 2/23/2017 at 4:20 PM, AggrOnline said:

Just use exile with it, it should do what you need. you will have to use exile loot though.

Ok, so I see how to set up an exile server, etc. I'm still new to coding and sqf and all that, so my only question is, how did you add ravage into Exile? Do you use a pbo unzipper to extract your Exile info, edit it in Eden editor with the ravage modules? Or is it not as simple as that? 

Haleks, I love the work you've done for this mod. My question is about the saving system. Last night, my friend and I got onto our server, and to our surprise, our vehicle and loot was still intact and in the same spot. We saved and exited after an hour, and logged back into our server, Unfortunately that time, all of our loot not on our characters was gone :'( I don't know if the save system you've implemented is hit or miss at this time, or if that was just a fluke thing. Do you plan on adding more to the system, or should I research other methods for this? 

Dang, i havent been here in a while and ravage is up to 1.43? last i played it was on 1.39. im excited to try this out again. However i seem to be having a weird microstutter in game. it drops from around 60-70fps (res is 3840x2160) to around 30 (sometimes lower) and that's enough to cause momentary lag/microstutter and i can't figure out why! gonna give the game a re-install and see what that does cause i think ive tried everything else.

• Like 1

It is planned multi-language support? With the help of the community.

Планируется многоязыковая поддержка? При помощи комьюнити.

Edited by Sargo84

It seems I got a big issue: the last CBA version (3.2.0) they have changed the CBA_fnc_taskPatrol. Now no survivor or renegades are moving, they seems to be stuck on position (seen by using zeus around a player).

I'm using a TADST dedicated server, and I'm going to make some local check if I can find more information. 

If anyone encounter the same issue, please provide feedbacks. 

36 minutes ago, zuzul said:

It seems I got a big issue: the last CBA version (3.2.0) they have changed the CBA_fnc_taskPatrol. Now no survivor or renegades are moving, they seems to be stuck on position (seen by using zeus around a player).

I'm using a TADST dedicated server, and I'm going to make some local check if I can find more information. 

If anyone encounter the same issue, please provide feedbacks. 

I can confirm this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ponycyclone said:

i found answer, it was this code in the config.cpp :

class controlsBackground
    {
        class CA_Map: RscMapControl
        {
            maxSatelliteAlpha=0;
        };
    };

love the mod, but sometimes it feels like it turns off too many game features (i understand the lore thing though)

As i said before things are turned off for the lore and whole setup of the mod. I would suggest that you make an addon to re-enable the GPS rather than edit the original mod files. Especially as its polite to ask permission before you do so. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hans(z) said:

I can confirm this.

I just downgrade to CBA 3.1.2.16 and this is back to normal.

Solution for MP dedicated server: downgrade the version on the server side. Keeping the CBA version up to date on client side seems not to break anything despite a warning (quick test made with only me on the server).

EDIT : I've made a notification on the CBA bis forum thread, but I don't know if I can pull an issue on github since it is haleks mod. 

• Like 2

I don't know if it might helps, I found this in the RPT file. I provided my RPT is also on the CBA thread. 

Error in expression <ivate ["_waypoint"];
_waypoint = _group addWaypoint [_position, _radius];
_wayp>
  Error position: <addWaypoint [_position, _radius];
_wayp>
  Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
File x\cba\addons\ai\fnc_addWaypoint.sqf, line 20
Bad conversion: array

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

As i said before things are turned off for the lore and whole setup of the mod. I would suggest that you make an addon to re-enable the GPS rather than edit the original mod files. Especially as its polite to ask permission before you do so. 

mod for a mod lol, nah i'll just do what i want, i'm not sharing it or anything anyway point

RE: cba_a3 update

Just spent the whole morning interrogating the mission I am working on trying to find this error :/

thanks for the heads up

• Like 2