He was wearing CTRG Stealth Camo. I fucked him over with a .50 cal though. Pretty sure he had a worse day than I did. :3

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SpaceWolf said:

He was wearing CTRG Stealth Camo. I fucked him over with a .50 cal though. Pretty sure he had a worse day than I did. :3

LOL! .50 cal vs ctrg confirmed OP, haleks pls nerf 

But seriously, the AI in this mod can do you over something nasty. I got my hands on a sweet muscle car in Takistan and drove it round a corner and into a village... only to be met with a .50 cal mounted on a truck. 

@xsonicx Yeah, I had that problem not too long ago (though before the 1.43 patch, haven't checked if it's still happening to me yet). If I'm not mistaken, didn't it have something to do with the Iron Front mod or something like that?

17 hours ago, xsonicx said:

you can still see your character's arms drifting off in one continuous direction.

I was getting this with mostly the machine guns from Apex, and the binoculars as well, then sometimes when i was prone i would get stuck and nothing would work,

i thought it was my RavWarMod having conflicts apparently not, so something with the optics, could either be arma3 itself or something in Ravage doing, haven't tested just ravage itself.

• Like 1

Got this problem too sometimes, but didn't happen since 1 month.

Deco/Reco server solve this.

Other news:

I found the ninja rabbits! Ok, no issue on this particular point, the new fleeing function is working flawlessly.

I also did a quick check with OpenChernarus:

+ Zombies can enter houses and kill a player. That's good.

+ Static loot is working on some of the houses. This add a little to the loot system without modifing any line of code from Ravage. 

• Like 4

Ok, so I threw down ravage modules on CUP's United Sahrani and did a few edits (slightly less raiders/blufor, no runners, slower food and drink depletion) and my goodness did it feel like an entirely different game from my edit to the Takistan map. Not only that, but the raiders all have appropriate clothing for the region (villagers wearing camping gear, renegades dressed like hobos) so it actually felt like I was going up against a hostile civilian force rather than, say, the proper "desert raider tribes" of Takistan. Well done Haleks!

Also, Sahrani is incredibly beautiful in ArmA 3. I'm using Solano's LUTs and have edited the first person fov of the game so that my face isn't right up against the gun, and it makes ArmA 3 feel like an even better FPS than before.

Here's a few screenshots of Sahrani btw: http://imgur.com/a/F6XrY

Also, good job Bistudios forums for saving my comment! My power socket is having issues and it all shut down after I finished writing this.

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Ok, so I threw down ravage modules on CUP's United Sahrani and did a few edits (slightly less raiders/blufor, no runners, slower food and drink depletion) and my goodness did it feel like an entirely different game from my edit to the Takistan map. Not only that, but the raiders all have appropriate clothing for the region (villagers wearing camping gear, renegades dressed like hobos) so it actually felt like I was going up against a hostile civilian force rather than, say, the proper "desert raider tribes" of Takistan. Well done Haleks!

Also, Sahrani is incredibly beautiful in ArmA 3. I'm using Solano's LUTs and have edited the first person fov of the game so that my face isn't right up against the gun, and it makes ArmA 3 feel like an even better FPS than before.

Here's a few screenshots of Sahrani btw: http://imgur.com/a/F6XrY

Also, good job Bistudios forums for saving my comment! My power socket is having issues and it all shut down after I finished writing this.

Could you share your mission? i would like to have ago :happy:

• Like 3

Does anyone happen to know if Ravage can set off street lights and light houses on arma 2 terrains like Chernarus, Bystrica etc. I'm working on an a new escape mission (which I'm about to showcase later this or next month) on summer Chernarus and lights are all lited up. 

-Also as zuzul mentioned about open Chernarus project, I can provide a complete list of building classnames from the latest version. I have posted the classes earlier in this thread but I believe new have added or probably some've been changed already.

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmakos said:

Does anyone happen to know if Ravage can set off street lights and light houses on arma 2 terrains like Chernarus, Bystrica etc. I'm working on an a new escape mission (which I'm about to showcase later this or next month) on summer Chernarus and lights are all lited up. 

-Also as zuzul mentioned about open Chernarus project, I can provide a complete list of building classnames from the latest version. I have posted the classes earlier in this thread but I believe new have added or probably some've been changed already.

You will need a script to turn all lights off on Chernarus. This can easily be done I think.

And yep, a complete building class names can be really helpfull!

@R0adki11 Sure! You'll need to have all the CUP stuff, IFA3, Friths Ruin clothes and The Birds and the Bees. CUP content is definitely needed to play as the character. Be prepared for serious hiking, too.

Here on the Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=867795429

It's nothing fancy. I'd recommend adding your own soundtrack as well, maybe something slightly sci-fi and ambient or a little bit mellow but not too depressing. Obviously no insult to Halek's choice of music :P I just like to add my own and get my own atmosphere going. I mainly use music from the Rama game OST, some official and remixed sci-fi or tribe-ish sounding tracks from Inherit the Earth (a furry game basically, but the music is actually really good) and a couple of others I can't remember.

And I recommend LUTs by Solano as well, especially the Chernarus look. 

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, zuzul said:

You will need a script to turn all lights off on Chernarus. This can easily be done I think.

And yep, a complete building class names can be really helpfull!

I believed that ravage had a built-in function [something introduced on one of the latest version(s)] for turning off lights on all maps, might some map world names were missed by hand but I remember we were using a location.ini script in the past to turn off the lights until haleks addressed that internal. 

-Alright I'll try to get OCP classnames asap. 

2 hours ago, Jimmakos said:

I believed that ravage had a built-in function [something introduced on one of the latest version(s)] for turning off lights on all maps, might some map world names were missed by hand but I remember we were using a location.ini script in the past to turn off the lights until haleks addressed that internal. 

-Alright I'll try to get OCP classnames asap. 

You might be referring to two different things.

At one time the Altis demo mission had a script to disable nav lights around the main airport - those have been disabled from the mod configs since and that script is no longer needed nor present.

One of the old updates also introduced a module to dynamically disable light sources and/or replace buildings by their damaged versions on the fly. That specific module was disabled right after (or rather, hidden, the functions are still in the files) : the number of affected objects would crash Arma's saving system.

In the end, the only viable way to replace (or disable) objects is to write a replacement config. I was in the process of making one for all CUP objects for the last update - but that feature had to be delayed. :/

• Like 5

So, I've had this idea in my head for a while and after playing Sahrani whilst listening to my playlist and coming up with ideas, I want to try and make this a reality somehow. Basically, I'll edit some maps (Sahrani, MSKE 4 islands, maybe Chernarus or anything with forests and mountains essentially) and create a few locations, maybe add a few NPCs and bases.

The main gist of the lore is that, before the zombies came around, a global research group were working on various subjects like genetics, stem cell research and other things like that, and were creating all sorts of crazy stuff unrelated to the zombies from Ravage. I'll try and edit the maps, add some areas like abandoned research facilities and bunkers with lore to them that the player could collect. It would reveal more about this group that everyone else (other governments that are still around) would be looking for as well.

I'm not sure if there's any way I could add readable notes to ArmA 3 or something like that, but that's the first thing I'd like to do. Second is to add dialogue to NPCs so that the player could talk to them. At the end of the day, it would give players another goal besides surviving or exploring, one that's completely optional.

It's just an idea I thought I'd share with you guys, and it might never see the light of day.

Hey dude,

can you upload this mod to steam as well? It would be much easier to install and bring it to work :)

How do I make it so friendly AI spawn? I downloaded a player made map, and no friendly ai spawn. I'm looking in the Ambient Ai module, but I have no idea what settings are used to determine how many friendly ai spawn, or if any spawn at all. Please help!

13 hours ago, P4R4S said:

Hey dude,

can you upload this mod to steam as well? It would be much easier to install and bring it to work :)

Not going to happen, the author Haleks doesn't agree with the steam EULA. 

• Like 3

Any good Submods/scripts, that would go good with Ravage? Environment/sounds/etc? 

Would like a more realistic survival experience!

Hi,

I can see awesome step forward!!! Just one question.... food and water should give some health% up if it is used near campfire, but when I drink (eat) ravage only update my thirst (hunger) status and health doesn't change. It happend after long time in game so is in Ravage any healing limit for drink(food)..... should I use FAK? It used to work properly, I don't know what cause this issue.

Thx for answer

Has anyone seen the Taunus map on workshop yet? I'm going to test a new Ravage mission I am working on tonight, on that map. It has a real "New Haven" kind of feeling, in my opinion, which is great, because I consider New Haven the best Arma map for zombie apocalypse scenarios. New Haven was the Breaking Point original map. Side note... Deathlyrage (the guy who created Breaking Point) is going to release the New Haven map for everyone to use! The second that comes out, I'm going to put a Ravage mission on workshop. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS! I love that map!

If anyone wants to stop by and see me that would be cool... I usually start around midnight US Eastern standard time, about a half hour from now...

http://www.twitch.tv/DonniePCgames

• Like 1

On 21/02/2017 at 5:00 AM, mrpow said:

How do I make it so friendly AI spawn? I downloaded a player made map, and no friendly ai spawn. I'm looking in the Ambient Ai module, but I have no idea what settings are used to determine how many friendly ai spawn, or if any spawn at all. Please help!

The how many is not handled by the Ambient AI module but by the scripts itselves. If you wish to see how many friendlies you can have on a map : 

- launch with the debug module to see where your friendlies can spawn

- launch as zeus with ares mod to check the npcs around the player. 

3 hours ago, donniepcgames said:

Has anyone seen the Taunus map on workshop yet? I'm going to test a new Ravage mission I am working on tonight, on that map. It has a real "New Haven" kind of feeling, in my opinion, which is great, because I consider New Haven the best Arma map for zombie apocalypse scenarios. New Haven was the Breaking Point original map. Side note... Deathlyrage (the guy who created Breaking Point) is going to release the New Haven map for everyone to use! The second that comes out, I'm going to put a Ravage mission on workshop. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS! I love that map!

Careful, Taunus is harware consuming. I did a quick test, Ravage seems to work correctly on this map.

9 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

I can see awesome step forward!!! Just one question.... food and water should give some health% up if it is used near campfire, but when I drink (eat) ravage only update my thirst (hunger) status and health doesn't change. It happend after long time in game so is in Ravage any healing limit for drink(food)..... should I use FAK? It used to work properly, I don't know what cause this issue.

You are playing SP or MP? In MP I never seen food and water providing health. 

4 hours ago, donniepcgames said:

If anyone wants to stop by and see me that would be cool... I usually start around midnight US Eastern standard time, about a half hour from now...

http://www.twitch.tv/DonniePCgames

Wow, Taunus looks incredible. Lots of big cities to explore and woods to get lost in, plus its got small mountains as well which is great. Not sure how my gfx card is going to handle it, but it only stutters with Esseker a few times so... who knows.

As I continue working on my NEW escape Chernarus coop mission i wanted to also report @haleks that safe zone module also doesn't seem to work at all, just like blacklisted area module doesn't. In case someone can confirm that as well. Thanks!

• Like 2

Just now, Jimmakos said:

As I continue working on my NEW escape Chernarus coop mission i wanted to also report @haleks that safe zone module also doesn't seem to work at all, just like blacklisted area module doesn't. In case someone can confirm that as well. Thanks!

Can confirm too. Both modules seems not working (radiations still active in safe zone). 

• Like 2

I can confirm as well. Zombie Blacklist doesn't work for me either, don't know about safezones as I haven't tested that, but zombies are spawning in friendly towns with blacklist modules.

Also, I just tried Taunus and loaded it up. Took about a minute and a half to load which I've never had before on Arma, and when I did pop-in was all over the place. Then I placed a unit and tried to play... and got an out of memory crash lol. It looks beautiful for sure though, but I've never had an out of memory crash on Arma. I guess the new 64 bit client would resolve that issue when it comes out.

Edited by ContheJon

8 hours ago, zuzul said:

The how many is not handled by the Ambient AI module but by the scripts itselves. If you wish to see how many friendlies you can have on a map : 

- launch with the debug module to see where your friendlies can spawn

- launch as zeus with ares mod to check the npcs around the player. 

Careful, Taunus is harware consuming. I did a quick test, Ravage seems to work correctly on this map.

You are playing SP or MP? In MP I never seen food and water providing health. 

I play SP. And if you are injured consuming food and water near camp give you small amount of HP (3-8%). I'm 100% sure that this works, but after some time in game (like 2-3 days) consumables don't give you HP anymore. So I don't know why this doesn't work :/

• Like 2

stumbled across this and decided to have a play with it. Really good mod Haleks. well done! 

Can you tell me if the modules can be activated using triggers or are they only a place and play type of affair?

• Like 2