On 13/02/2017 at 9:14 PM, haleks said:

Survival module now deletes player bodies unless other players are in the vicinity.

The "rvg_owned" variable can now be used to exclude weaponHolders and bags from the clean-up system.

Rabbits will now flee when they detect danger.
Updated RHS support (RHS SAF is NOT required nor supported at the moment).
New setting to the Ambient AI module defining chances for each bandit faction to hunt players.
New setting to the Equipment Pool module to limit stock content :
- currently excludes vanilla uniforms from the gear lists.
- should be used in combination with supported addons.

Hi Haleks,

Some remarks:

+Player Bodies deletion: this is perfect for my mod, but can you provide some details about the distance from alive players and the time before the deletion of the bodies?

+"rvg_owned" is available and "owned" is still working (this comment is aiming mainly the other mission makers) 

+ Rabbits: I've played 5 hours yesterday and I haven't seen any rabbits. They've turned into ninjas (or shall I change my lens?). I'm doing a MP session tonight and will take attention to this point.

+RHS support and limited Vanilla content: a player cannot equip the uniforms from RHS (US and Russian). I don't know why, because this is happening also when I put those uniforms in my additionnal looting script too. I did a workaround by providing vanilla uniforms.

+ Safe zone: the safe zone module did not seems to exclude radiation anymore. I'll conduct more tests to check this point.

For the community: I have done a crate/vehicule items saving script. This little system is done to save the content of vehicule inventory or crate inventory, by adding some scripts in the init of the object in Eden. The main purpose for my missions is to be able to save all the loot we put inside the vehicule and having some loot safes in our base camp, and this is tested only in MP (but it might work in SP). This is completly independant from Ravage and do not interfere with the players saving system used in ravage.

I need to conduct more tests about it, but if someone wants to use it, I'll be happy to provide it here.

I also have begun a "mundane objects" mods, for immersion. Some have already express ideas for scrap metal and electronics parts, I'm trying to find in EDEN some correct 3D models about it. Feel free to PM me if you want something inb particular, I'll try to do it.

• Like 3

Dear all,

i am suffering repeating crash of Arma 3 while playing ravage tanoa or ravage altis. (not happening when playing other mods). I have tried loading the missions with only ravage mod loaded (updated to the latest revision), same happened (also tested 32/64 bits). I checked usual staff (Steam integrity, graphic driver update, change profile...)

I have tried again this evening with my usual mods loaded and i get the following error

in the basic report, error reported

----------------------
Process exit
----------------------
Exit code:           0xC0000005 - STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Running time:        00:30:45.5656822

in the detailed report: 

Mods: A3;curator;kart;heli;mark;expansion;dlcbundle;@Ravage;@CBA_A3;@RHSUSAF;@PLP Containers;@a3f_logistics;@advanced_towing
Extensions:
Distribution: 0
Version 1.69.140397
Fault time: 2017/02/15 22:05:17
Fault address:  0164D386 01:012FC386 G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Arma3_x64.exe
file:     Ravage (__cur_sp)
world:    tanoa
Prev. code bytes: 48 8B D9 48 8B 49 08 48 85 C9 0F 84 A9 00 00 00
Fault code bytes: 48 8B 01 FF 50 18 4C 8B 40 10 4D 85 C0 75 1D 4C

any help would be gladly appreciated.

Hello,

are you on stable branch or dev branch? I do not recognize your version number.

i am on dev branch, i noticed it happened 3 times in a row while approaching a zombie from the back (could it be linked to animations?)

10 minutes ago, ximenjia said:

i am on dev branch, i noticed it happened 3 times in a row while approaching a zombie from the back (could it be linked to animations?)

Ravage is only designed to work with the current stable release, so unfortunately you will get some errors with been on Dev Branch

• Like 3

Hi there,

I made a MP session yesterday and I want to say: OMG!

It was absolutly amazing. The mood, the feeling, everything was perfect. 

I'm using TADST to host the MP session (my config: i7 / GTX980 / 16 GB RAM). I'm using also TeamSpeak and I'm using OBS to record the sessions.

With 6 players on the map, zombies cap settings sets to 20 zombies/player and a zombie max of 100 (sun factor on), no lag on chernarus, just some rollbacks when we were inside vehicule at full speed and arriving/exiting big cities. With the new settings for the zombies, I think I can put more zombies on the map without issues. This rocks!!!!

I also did a very quick test on the map Leskovets (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32285): Ravage is recognizing the cities, the loot (including static) is working and  the survivors were on the map. This simply means I can create the Zombie survival campaign of my dreams, and move the players everywhere without difficulties.

I cannot have the words to express my gratitude for this amazing mod Haleks. This is just perfect.

Now, the issues I found:

+ Rabbits are definitly ninjas. None seen on the map.

+ The RHS Russian uniform are not wearable by the players. Also, everything included is not pickable. This is a minor issue for me, and I'm really wondering what it is about. I'll check if there is some setting inside RHS issuing with Ravage.  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, zuzul said:

With 6 players on the map, zombies cap settings sets to 20 zombies/player and a zombie max of 100 (sun factor on)

Yeah i use sun factor 30, don't want to burn my skin. :eh:

• Like 2

Just now, law-giver said:

Yeah i use sun factor 30, don't want to burn my skin. :eh:

My man!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zuzul said:

Now, the issues I found:

+ Rabbits are definitly ninjas. None seen on the map.

What map are you playing on?......I don't think rabbits spawn natively on any of the CUP terrains as they are A3 assets......I think?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

What map are you playing on?......I don't think rabbits spawn natively on any of the CUP terrains as they are A3 assets.

I've seen rabbits on Chernarus.

Damn, I'm pretty sure and I wasn't high.

I don't know. I have to check this again.

You make me doubt.

Hell.

1 hour ago, zuzul said:

I've ssen rabbits on Chernarus.

Damn, I'm pretty sure and I wasn't high.

I don't know. I have to check this again.

You make me doubt.

Hell.

With hindsight, i think they are just a lot rarer on Chernarus than say Altis or Stratis.....if you really want some serious rabbit fun load up the Kholm terrain, little bastards are everywhere!

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

With hindsight, i think they are just a lot rarer on Chernarus than say Altis or Stratis.....if you really want some serious rabbit fun load up the Kholm terrain, little bastards are everywhere!

All this talk about fuzzy animals, and now with you're new avatar, it's just too much cuteness. Fuzzy, cuddly, cuteness I just want to hug so much it makes me sick.

• Like 4

So I've been playing a few Ravage scenarios and I noticed in most of them that when you start a game there is a wake up animation, a dead body, a burning car and it is a random area. How exactly do I get this in my Ravage scenario?

On 2/9/2017 at 9:58 PM, gwiddik said:

I use a modified version of the Exile mod for survival, loot and persistence and the Ravage mod for  Zeds, NPC, etc.

Exactly what I ended up doing but I could not get Ravage loot system to work i.e scrolling menu on furniture wont work, and I got the boxes to spwan but no loot inside it.

Does any one know what it is with exile that stops those modules from working? whats different about those and the AI or zombie modules that work with exile. I rather use Ravage loot system here.

6 hours ago, SpaceWolf said:

So I've been playing a few Ravage scenarios and I noticed in most of them that when you start a game there is a wake up animation, a dead body, a burning car and it is a random area. How exactly do I get this in my Ravage scenario?

It's in inside rvg_missions.pbo then open folders >>>>>> \rvg_sp\Ravage.Altis\scripts and it's the intro.sqf script. Hope that helps and isn't confusing. :f: 

• Like 3

On 2/4/2017 at 2:41 AM, haleks said:

Make sure to take a screenshot of those sky-diving men next time - their loadout should indicate if they were spawned by Ravage or not. ;)

I can confirm this issue. I made 2 custom ravage missions and write a script using the CBA XEH to track every dead body except zombies by marking their locations on the map. I noticed that there are always some death marks appearing in the same location even It is beyond the ambient AI spawn range. I watched a group of dead men falling from sky in my recent Chernarus playthrough. So I realized what the death marks were for. Here's the screenshot.

http://imgur.com/a/M6PMq

I have checked their loot. They must be spawned by Ravage.

In my Altis playthrough, the location of the sky fallen men was really far from my starting position. I played about 6 hours and there were 3 groups died in the EXACT SAME location. I can't take any screenshots for them cuz my savegame was broken, though they must be wiped out by the Ravage clean-up system.

BTW I play with RHS mod, but no other ambient AI mods such as TPW.

• Like 2

Welcome to Bis forums and Ravage mod thread dkaedekris, home of the coding mastermind......Haleks!

Not to interrupt your guys discussion with the mod, but i just wanted to add a fun fact about Halek's original banner for Ravage mod.

His original banner had the background to the Gunkanjima buildings, heres a cool rare documentary that explores this abandoned island,

sorta part of where Halek's Inspiration comes from:

At 14:53 you can see the buildings that were used in the original banner.

• Like 7

Theres quite alot to it, see the 1st post for details, but the most epic aspect imo of the mod is the fact that you can have a full blown, customized mission with just a matter of placing modules,

and adjusting values based on what your looking to experience in the editor.

• Like 4

Haleks,

Great mod! This is about all that I play anymore. Anyway, I've been having an issue with scopes and was hoping you could help. I can't seem to use scopes or range finders for very long before the gun starts to drift off in some random direction. Not sure how to explain it other than while looking thru the scope, it will begin to drift. When you stop looking thru the scope and you are in third person view you can still see your character's arms drifting off in one continuous direction. This happens when I use the Kali (old) and vanilla scopes. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Are there any known conflicts with using vanilla vehicles and equipment?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, law-giver said:

It's in inside rvg_missions.pbo then open folders >>>>>> \rvg_sp\Ravage.Altis\scripts and it's the intro.sqf script. Hope that helps and isn't confusing. :f: 

Thank you so very much. For whatever reason I never thought to look into the rvg_missions.pbo. I will post back if I find anything that confuses me. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, xsonicx said:

Haleks,

Great mod! This is about all that I play anymore. Anyway, I've been having an issue with scopes and was hoping you could help. I can't seem to use scopes or range finders for very long before the gun starts to drift off in some random direction. Not sure how to explain it other than while looking thru the scope, it will begin to drift. When you stop looking thru the scope and you are in third person view you can still see your character's arms drifting off in one continuous direction. This happens when I use the Kali (old) and vanilla scopes. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Are there any known conflicts with using vanilla vehicles and equipment?

O no!  Not again...  lol 

• Like 3

This is probably a dumb question but how do I heal up? (Assuming there is a way) A few hours ago I got shot in the ass with a shotgun.

1 hour ago, SpaceWolf said:

This is probably a dumb question but how do I heal up? (Assuming there is a way) A few hours ago I got shot in the ass with a shotgun.

I suggest not getting shot in the ass with a shotgun! :f:

• Like 2